Looking for the perfect mix tape for 2010? Well, surely others will disagree, but these 10 songs got our votes for the year's most entertaining, and we're betting they'll keep your attention for some time to come:
1. "When a Woman Loves," R. Kelly: An absolutely stunning love song with a pitch-perfect vocal performance that will send chills down your spine — for the right reasons.
2. "(Expletive) You," Cee Lo: This phrase might not be so offensive if everyone delivered it as cheerily and soulfully as Cee Lo, in perhaps the year's wittiest track.
3. "Love the Way You Lie," Eminem featuring Rihanna: The song grabs you from the start of Rihanna's piercing vocal, and Eminem's tormented raps may be one of the more honest portrayals of love gone horribly wrong.
4. "Runaway," Kanye West: Let's toast indeed, to West's continued warped brilliance with a song that sarcastically pays tribute to his well-documented flaws.
5. "Tightrope," Janelle Monae featuring Big Boi: James Brown would be proud with this frenetic dance groove with killer horns and the coolest of raps from the ever-cool Big Boi.
6. "Soldier of Love" Sade: The opening drum salvo is captivating enough, but when Sade's alto croons, "I've lost the use of my heart, but I'm still alive," it's a haunting yet intoxicating delivery that seals the deal.
7. "The Best in Me," Marvin Sapp: Sapp's gospel anthem celebrates God's ability to see past the imperfections mere mortals can't.
8. "Billionaire," Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars: This fantasy-filled song was the perfect anthem in a year where most of us were holding on to our wallets a little tighter. It was perhaps the best cameo from the smooth-voiced Bruno Mars.
9. "Teenage Dream," Katy Perry: It's frothy and poppy , but don't let that hide the fact that "Teenage Dream" is just a great song, period.
10. Antoine Dodson & The Gregory Brothers, "Bed Intruder Song": Don't play — you know "Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife" is ingrained in your brain, thanks to the Gregory Brothers ingenious mashup song that took Antoine Dodson from viral sensation to musical sensation. Run and tell that!
AP Music Writer Picks Best Singles of the Year - ABC News