Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Homeowner's Association Hell
Sign Up Now to Play the 2012 Grid Iron PLAYOFF Challenge
ESPN - Gridiron Playoff Challenge - Game Home
Lipstick Alley group: ESPN - Gridiron Playoff Challenge - Group
Group password: donttell
The objective of the game is to select a roster of NFL playoff players, while staying under the $50 million salary cap, and accumulate the most points according to the scoring system.
Name Your Team (Optional)
After selecting your team you can name your team by clicking on the link labeled "Edit Entry Settings" found on your team page. Your team may have up to a maximum length of 25 characters. Once you have named your team, click on the "Submit Entry Settings" button. Your team name can be changed at anytime.
Select Your Players
Rosters must consist of eight (8) players and one (1) team unit (defense/special teams) which fit under the $50 million salary cap. The eight (8) players on a team's roster consist of the following positions:
The listed salaries are based on a combination of the players season-to-date and projected playoff statistics according to the scoring system and will adjust twice during this game: once after Wild Card Weekend and once after Divisional Weekend. Players are moved onto your roster by selecting the position you want to modify and clicking on the green Plus (+) icon next to one of the players in the available players list.
- 2 Quarterbacks (QB)
- 2 Running Backs (RB)
- 2 Wide Receivers (WR)
- 1 Tight End (TE)
- 1 Kicker (K)
Roster Lock Periods
Roster slots lock individually at the scheduled start time of each player's game. The first lock is the weekend of the NFL Playoffs on Saturday, January 5, 2013 (exact time TBD) and you can change the players around as often as you like up until this time. After the Wild Card Weekend is completed, you will be able to select a new roster for the Divisional Playoffs games. After the Divisional Playoffs are completed, you will again be able to select a new roster if you wish. This is the last roster change period available as the roster you have set for the Conference Championship games is frozen for the remainder of the playoffs (i.e. the Super Bowl as well). The roster change periods are listed below:
In order to maximize your possible points for the game, you should have active players for the first 8 games of the playoffs. In other words, do not play any players from teams that have BYE's during the Wild Card Weekend games.
- Period #1 (Wild Card Weekend): Game launch (Dec. 20) until first kickoff of the Wild Card Weekend games (Jan 5 - time TBD)
- Period #2 (Divisional Playoffs): Shortly after the Wild Card Weekend games are complete until first kickoff of Divisional Playoffs (Jan. 12 - time TBD)
- Period #3 (Conference Championships): Shortly after the Divisional Playoff games are complete until first kickoff of Conference Championship (Jan. 20 - time TBD). This is the final roster lock.
The Gridiron Playoff Challenge scoring system is as follows:
- All positions (QB, RB, WR, K):
- 6 pts per rushing, receiving or return TD
- 4 pts per passing TD
- 3 pts per field goal (FG) made (any distance)
- 2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2pt conversion
- 1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
- 1 pt per 25 yards passing
- 1 pt per extra point (XP) made
You must use your Lipstick Alley username when you join the group. All prizes will be sent to the email address in your Lipstick Alley profile.
- Defensive/Special Teams (D/ST):
- 10 pts for 0 points allowed
- 7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
- 4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
- 1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
- 0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (note: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
- -1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
- -4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
- -7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
- -10 pts for 46+ points allowed
- 5 pts per team win
- 3 pts per defensive or special teams TD
- 2 pts per interception
- 2 pts per fumble recovery
- 2 pts per blocked punt, PAT, or FG (note: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
- 2 pts per safety
- 1 pt per sack
1st Prize - $100 Amazon Gift Card
2nd Prize - $75 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Prize - $50 Amazon Gift Card
Originally Posted by Aikko
You can't be a half-assed supporter of free speech only when people are saying and doing things you like. It's for everybody or it's for nobody.