Quantcast

‘Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B’ producers defend, explain controversial Lifetime biopic

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,866 686 193
Alleybux
Give all these mothafuckas some scissors and let them cut the bµllsh!t.
The Princess would not approve of this bµllsh!t

Blue Sapphire

The sapphire stone sits highest on the throne.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
20,577 14 1
Alleybux
fµck em, fµck ALL OF EM fµck producers, fµck wendy, fµck the actors. fµck ALL DEM MUTHAFUCKAS. J-lo EMBODIED selena, Lawrence and Angela EMBODIED ike and tina, halle EMBODIED dorothy, lou diamond philips EMBODIED ritchie valens, Alexandra was sh!t. Period.

And dont forget the movie Ray! I literally forgot it was Jamie Foxx on the screen until he took those glasses off in his dream sequence.

~Wildflower~

꧁ CNS MS D.H.Sc. ꧂
Reaction score
Reactions
22,421 180 60
Alleybux
LSA DRAAAAGS celebs day and NITE about their personal business, but Aaliyah is exempt? :sarcastic: Aa married R. Kelly. It's a FACT and a matter of public record. It was more than whispered about in the industry when it happened. And folks expect Aa's story to be told without including this info? R. Kelly is a certified pedophile and freak, who, I'm sure, manipulated Aa. And of course, she believed she loved him - she was a child. And children, technically, cannot give their "consent". But MANY of us know precocious teen age girls who have xes and xesual relationships with much older men. And frankly, I believe her parents knew Aa was having xes with Robert. And it was OK as long as he was helping her career, but I believe they felt Robert went too far when he married Aa (underage). This is the REAL reason, I believe that the fam didn't want Aa's story told. Aa also had romantic relationships with Dame AND Jay-Z, but Jay wasn't mentioned. Don't be blinded just because you "love" a celeb's "image" and they are deceased. It doesn't make them a saint.

There's no denying that the casting was HORRIBLE!! And there's no excuse for the blatant disregard for details, like the proper pronunciation of her Aa's name. Without Aa's fam allowing music rights, this was a red flag to production. But for the record, celebs have UNAUTHORIZED biographies and movies done about them all the time. This movie CERTAINLY could've been done better, but many of the negative comments in the Aa movie bio thread were simply because people don't want Aa's legacy to be tainted by her relationship with R. Considering R. knew her from the time she was 12, and she passed at age 22, R. did have a major influence on her, musically and personally - like it or not.

KurotoDan

DANgerousZombie
Reaction score
Reactions
22,237 741 214
Alleybux
LSA DRAAAAGS celebs day and NITE about their personal business, but Aaliyah is exempt? :sarcastic: Aa married R. Kelly. It's a FACT and a matter of public record. It was more than whispered about in the industry when it happened. And folks expect Aa's story to be told without including this info? R. Kelly is a certified pedophile and freak, who, I'm sure, manipulated Aa. And of course, she believed she loved him - she was a child. And children, technically, cannot give their "consent". But MANY of us know precocious teen age girls who have xes and xesual relationships with much older men. And frankly, I believe her parents knew Aa was having xes with Robert. And it was OK as long as he was helping her career, but I believe they felt Robert went too far when he married Aa (underage). This is the REAL reason, I believe that the fam didn't want Aa's story told. Aa also had romantic relationships with Dame AND Jay-Z, but Jay wasn't mentioned. Don't be blinded just because you "love" a celeb's "image" and they are deceased. It doesn't make them a saint.

There's no denying that the casting was HORRIBLE!! And there's no excuse for the blatant disregard for details, like the proper pronunciation of her Aa's name. Without Aa's fam allowing music rights, this was a red flag to production. But for the record, celebs have UNAUTHORIZED biographies and movies done about them all the time. This movie CERTAINLY could've been done better, but many of the negative comments in the Aa movie bio thread were simply because people don't want Aa's legacy to be tainted by her relationship with R. Considering R. knew her from the time she was 12, and she passed at age 22, R. did have a major influence on her, musically and personally - like it or not.

Adding insult to injury was the fact that they romanticized the relationship on film as opposed to what it really was. Which make it seem pro-pedo accross the board

TRUTHREVEAL

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,946 76 33
Alleybux
Biracial people have no business portraying our African-American artists, period. I already peeped game when I saw who was cast as Aaliyah for this movie.

TDot_Girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,549 356 17
Alleybux
I know Zendaya got heat for being Biracial trying to play Aaliyah & I agree but I think personality wise she would have captured Aaliyah. Zendaya reminds me of how Aaliyah was personality wise. They both have the tomboy thing among other things in common.