Quantcast

‘Basketball Wives’ Season 9 Official Thread

Mertz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,764 2,171 2,199
Alleybux
I hope they do because this colorism storyline is boring. People don't like her because she is unlikable- not because of her color. She is ugly inside and out and that has nothing to do with her being Nigerian, brown-skinned, or her African features. Just because people say she's ugly doesn't make them a colorist- she is ugly.
To call someone physically ugly means that you too need to work on you, FYI. That’s ugly.

RaslynJ

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,166 47 37
Alleybux
To call someone physically ugly means that you too need to work on you, FYI. That’s ugly.
Sure, Jan. She is ugly looking AND ugly acting. That is why she’s in the situation she’s in. The world is full of unattractive people inside and out. Get over it.

Mertz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,764 2,171 2,199
Alleybux
Sure, Jan. She is ugly looking AND ugly acting. That is why she’s in the situation she’s in. The world is full of unattractive people inside and out. Get over it.

I'm actually not speaking about OG at this point. To call someone physically ugly IS ugly acting. its not nice and its very nasty.

Bigbeefy666

Retired Mixxxy
Reaction score
Reactions
2,851 123 17
Alleybux
OG would be more attractive if she styled herself differently. I feel like if she embraced her natural beauty she would shine.
TBH though, if she really cared about colorism she wouldn't b kickin it w/ Jackie, cause there's mad receipts about her colorism with her children.
It makes me feel weird she'd go to Jackie about this of all people
I wish more people would have said the real sh*t, that Evelyn is light skinned and she gotta shut up and listen and eat crow when this type of thing comes up fr.

BIG EDIT
OG is on bs, the sisters that came thru were holding it down, and OG does have trauma that's valid but I don't like that she played it up for the cameras.
Maybe it's editing, but this is a big deal issue, and the way she kept redirecting it to shut others down was inauthentic. Real talk, we've experienced this sh!t every day, so it's fine to shut down and not talk about things that are beneath you, but as a grown woman it's never new to me enough to cry theses days unless I'm alone and it's someone I LOVE
I'm mad, because colorism is so real and I'm happy they're talking about it but this feels wrong.

Last edited:

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,495 20,159 17,409
Alleybux
Evelyn always gave me this vibe. Like she had a traumatic experience were a black woman made her feel so little. Now she's taking her built up anger against all the black women who look like the girl that hush her.
You must not know about how Bronx people roll.

The Culture

News Alley

Top Bottom