Quantcast

‘Empire’ Cookie Spinoff in the Works, Taraji P. Henson Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV

SonDan

Old School Music Lover
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,083 6 12
Alleybux
they were better off doing a spinoff of Star than empire...

Even better yet they need a two hour tv movie to resolve the cliff hanger that the series "Star" ended on. I have been waiting years now to know what transpired!

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,630 1,072 350
Alleybux
8c3bd8dd085555fcb9147883bbff4438.jpeg

This is just........No Empire finally was put out of its misery we don't need to see Cookie shytt show each week, they get not do this since they trifling azzes couldn't give STAR a proper send off Empire hype was gone after 2nd season this will be cancelled before a mid season finale airs.....girl bye, empire and all associations can stay dead.

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,630 1,072 350
Alleybux
Right, I didn't even like Cookie by the end she became a caricature of the first season Cookie empire was bad enough without Jamal on and Hakeem barely on ain't no way in hell this will make it past a few episodes, if I was her I would pass Empire legacy was destroyed by bad,lazy, inconsistent writing and no character growth except lucious sadly, I rather see a damn lucious spin off but cookie NO they need to accept that people are over Empire and stop trying to revive this it will never be what it was for the 1st season....let it go.

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,630 1,072 350
Alleybux
I have to come and say this, so fox has officially signed on Taraji for cookie spin off but could not give STAR a send off finale or final season or Star movie that was supposedly in production of course Lee Daniels lied about. I'm over Empire I mean I didn't even like Cookie character by the end she was exhausting and thus serves no purpose, nobody wants to see backstory again if that's included because they showed it on empire throughout seasons and Bossy was not interesting at all so they are too late for this a lot of viewers in the beginning stopped watching show and then on top of that they had the pathetic finale if anything they need to air a true empire series finale because that was some bullshytt. I'm all for steady work and paycheck but this ain't it.

Colts Fan

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,149 14,032 2,545
Alleybux
I never watched "Empire" but I think if they wanted to spin off a TV character Taraji played. I rather have seen one of Joss Carter from Person of Interest but they killed off her character on that show.

Unless they can write an out that she faked her death and was in the Witness Protection Program or something.

HeByHooray

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
33,038 80 47
Alleybux
I have to come and say this, so fox has officially signed on Taraji for cookie spin off but could not give STAR a send off finale or final season or Star movie that was supposedly in production of course Lee Daniels lied about. I'm over Empire I mean I didn't even like Cookie character by the end she was exhausting and thus serves no purpose, nobody wants to see backstory again if that's included because they showed it on empire throughout seasons and Bossy was not interesting at all so they are too late for this a lot of viewers in the beginning stopped watching show and then on top of that they had the pathetic finale if anything they need to air a true empire series finale because that was some bullshytt. I'm all for steady work and paycheck but this ain't it.

I thought Taraji was ready to sell her Chicago home and leave Empire in the rear view. They must have cut her a nice check because she was over it.

Blubyrd

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
369,277 14,172 2,386
Alleybux
So basically Empire season 6. Just give it a 2 hour tv movie to wrap things up. She doesnt need a spinoff

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,630 1,072 350
Alleybux
Cookie now co-owns her label with Becky. She can scoop up the Star acts. She can show the extent of her business knowledge. She has natural foes with rival record labels. She can experiment with indy artists.

Taraji can bring in her own Hollywood friends as acts and turn it into the show she always envisioned.

I'm excited for her and I'll definitely watch.
Yeah but it still is messed up she kicked Giselle out of company she started with Becky that kind of pissed me off, Giselle azz wrong for cleaning millions but she did it to keep the company afloat for her and Becky who signed a non singing artist as first client. I understood why Giselle didn't want her in the company she was self rightous she literally sold drugs to fund empire and just fired Giselle for trying to save company which Giselle had no idea Damon would keep using her like that since she paid back most of money she borrowed she should have given her a chance, I also wonder how she fired the co owner of the label itself I would have paid cookie dust and stayed right there.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,549 13,178 1,857
Alleybux
Yeah but it still is messed up she kicked Giselle out of company she started with Becky that kind of pissed me off, Giselle azz wrong for cleaning millions but she did it to keep the company afloat for her and Becky who signed a non singing artist as first client. I understood why Giselle didn't want her in the company she was self rightous she literally sold drugs to fund empire and just fired Giselle for trying to save company which Giselle had no idea Damon would keep using her like that since she paid back most of money she borrowed she should have given her a chance, I also wonder how she fired the co owner of the label itself I would have paid cookie dust and stayed right there.
Bad writing. Cookie & Becky would have to buy Giselle out. They implied that they let her go without taking it to the police as if Giselle doesn't have all kinds of stuff on Cookie.

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,630 1,072 350
Alleybux
Bad writing. Cookie & Becky would have to buy Giselle out. They implied that they let her go without taking it to the police as if Giselle doesn't have all kinds of stuff on Cookie.
Wow that's messed up though because out if all people cookie should have understood what it's like to be hemmed up I know she hated Damon but it's like she couldn't wait to fire Giselle and when she came on board she was constantly having to correct herself when calling it her company in front of Becky and Giselle.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,549 13,178 1,857
Alleybux
Wow that's messed up though because out if all people cookie should have understood what it's like to be hemmed up I know she hated Damon but it's like she couldn't wait to fire Giselle and when she came on board she was constantly having to correct herself when calling it her company in front of Becky and Giselle.
Cookie has a take-over spirit. She doesn't know how to work with women as her peers. Only Lucious. She's male-identified like that and its based on how she was raised.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,326 1,793
Alleybux
Was their an update on this?
It has sadly been announced since. that the "Cookie spin-off" will not be happening, at least at Fox. According to Deadline, "Fox brass felt this was not the right show for the network at this time", noting that the success of Empire meant that a spin-off would cost big bucks.
So Fox gave Taraji & Lee Daniels the BOOT. After ALL the money they made that network

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
I miss STAR.

When is that coming back?

At least the movie. I feel jipped.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,326 1,793
Alleybux
I miss STAR.

When is that coming back?

At least the movie. I feel jipped.
Don't hold your breath for it! I felt "STAR" was a WAY better show than what "Empire" became & was SHOCKED when it was abruptly cancelled. But Lee Daniels had a choice to bring "Empire" back for it's last season or bring "STAR" back.

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,491 20,158 17,408
Alleybux
Taraji just keeps not being the Viola Davis/Angela Bassett level of actress we need her to be.

She's been sterotyped since she played Yvette. Y'all just been in denial.

Mermaidbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,655 2,781 761
Alleybux
Taraji just keeps not being the Viola Davis/Angela Bassett level of actress we need her to be.

She's been sterotyped since she played Yvette. Y'all just been in denial.
No she shouldn’t have never even signed on to do this spinoff when everyone lost interest in Empire are the 3rd season. She kept talking about how she was sick of Cookie while the show was on, now she wants to do a spin-off.

Taraji is a different actress than Angela/Viola. She can also do comedy, the former two cannot. So she’s more versatile in that sense.

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,491 20,158 17,408
Alleybux
No she shouldn’t have never even signed on to do this spinoff when everyone lost interest in Empire are the 3rd season. She kept talking about how she was sick of Cookie while the show was on, now she wants to do a spin-off.

Taraji is a different actress than Angela/Viola. She can also do comedy, the former two cannot. So she’s more versatile in that sense.
You sound immature.
Viola and Angela have formal training...they can do Comedy. They just choose not to in most cases.

bright22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,530 1,530 730
Alleybux

She did keep saying how she was sick of Cookie while the show was on which is why when a Cookie spin-off was announced it made me think she's not getting many job offers or job offers she thinks are on her level.

veronicaluv

Keeping You Pressed
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
227,454 9,148 11,470
Alleybux
Don't hold your breath for it! I felt "STAR" was a WAY better show than what "Empire" became & was SHOCKED when it was abruptly cancelled. But Lee Daniels had a choice to bring "Empire" back for it's last season or bring "STAR" back.

He should have picked STAR, There was potential there and it probably would have still been on or had a chance at another network.

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
He should have picked STAR, There was potential there and it probably would have still been on or had a chance at another network.
Totally agree but L.D. clearly was done with STAR. He is developing shows and making movies but not one is STAR.

LVuittonLover

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,669 449 144
Alleybux
Glad they scrapped the idea bc how were they going do a Cookie spin-off when she got blown up in the car during the final season? I guess they thought we forgot about that.