On the bright side at least i can officially cancel HBO

Last edited:

sexyenergy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,951 288 40
Alleybux
I just request Issa put out a play lists on her Instagram or sum. This show had the best music thus far

Autumn Leaves

LSA is full of experts with no expertise
Reaction score
Reactions
107,943 1,596 290
Alleybux
I wonder if her and Lawrence are going to get their happy ending and she’ll move to SF with him.
I doubt it. I don’t think they’ll end up together in the end. I originally thought they would but with Condola’s pregnancy, I can see Lawrence and Issa going their separate ways. They’ve grown with and away from each other. He was her “season.”

Autumn Leaves

Reaction score
Reactions
107,943 1,596 290
Alleybux
They did the table read for the finale. I guess the season won’t premiere until summer.

Last season’s finale was rough but I’m really going to miss this show :weary_face: :cry:

D635AD7E-EF80-4398-BC62-AA6ADE5A51AF.jpeg

Sazzie

oh here go hell come
Reaction score
Reactions
34,165 421 137
Alleybux
I feel bad im just NOW getting into it. I remember years ago when it first came on, LSA was hype about it and I ignored it. Im always late to these shows.

Autumn Leaves

Reaction score
Reactions
107,943 1,596 290
Alleybux
anyone watching run the world?
I watched the first episode. Haven’t seen the second one yet. It’s cute so far. Not sure if it’ll replace Insecure for me but I’ll keep on watching. I prefer Bigger on bet+

Sazzie

oh here go hell come
Reaction score
Reactions
34,165 421 137
Alleybux
Just finished the entire show earlier today! It was good in its entirety. Some episodes and seasons were harder to get through, but I stuck it out and it was worth it.

Season one was good and I didn't know what to expect from the characters. Season 2-3 was climatic and a lot was going on with all of the characters. I found all the random crazy xes scenes harder to watch due to the raunchiness or how extreme it was out of nowhere at times, but after season three they pull back on it in season 4 to a more moderate and tasteful version. Its HBO so I know the drill..I also didn't like how some of the characters acting like teen-college age girls from time to time and doing the "hoe phase" thing all the while their goal is to find a stable relationship and settle down (both Issa's and Molly's overall man goals at least). You don't do that trying to find mr. right.

I really hated all of the back and forth in the 2nd-3rd season with some of the characters love lives. I didn't like Dro with Molly (and Molly disgusted me a lot with all her her sleeping around with random men season 1-2, etc) and Lawrence and Daniel I didn't care for. I still don't care for Lawrence and after season 3 where he was calling all the girls he messed with about the std he got he was unforgivable imo.

I'm shocked they're still trying to make it happen with him and Issa and now the Condola/baby storyline if thrown in. I hope they don't bring back Daniel as a way for Issa to "find comfort" with him after finding out the baby with Condola. I honesty don't care for Daniel's character at all. It was nice NOT to see him, and it was NICE to not see Lawrence for a bit. lol. They're trying to make a Ross and Rachel situation out of them with the back and forth. smh

I do kinda wish they would've given both Kelli and Tiffany an episode to themselves at least to flesh out their characters and their histories more and how they all met and became friends, but it looks like we might not get that since the next season is coming to an end. Who knows maybe they will on the last few episodes as they all reflect their lives since the show started?

I like Molly's new man. I found it funny at first when she refused Andrew at first but she had no issue with banging her older, unattractive, and overweight coworker one random night in the 1st or 2nd season. At least she got a good man now, but she keeps sabotaging everything good coming her way that isn't work related. I hated her being randomly angry at Issa when she tried to make up, but then again, shes trying to self sabotage herself and ruin her relationships when they're on the up. Both Molly and Andrew need go hit up and do a couples therapy session together to get over their issues. Andrew seems to have family issues with his sister that he briefly mentioned before and she seems like she severely mentally ill.

The Nathan thing is random and annoying. I knew once he got in the lyft first time he was introduced, that he was going to randomly be apart of the show later. He was cool at first for something different and to help Issa quit her job and do her passion, but something about him doesn't seem serious or stable. Who knows. I also didn't like and found it unrealistic that they both got naked and started swimming in the pool after JUST meeting up with each other. This is a show after all, but that was dumb. I feel like he served a purpose and his purpose was to provide a prospective to Issa for her to quit her job. She did and now his character has no other purpose, etc.

I loved Issa and her brother. They have good chemistry. I like the thanksgiving episode where they went to the restaurant and just chilled and hung out. Thats how I am with my little brother. We get along great and just chill and have fun.

Overall I loved all of the little cameos from the actors, singers, models, and other entertainers popping up here and there and I also loved the show inside the show themes. Each season the mini shows were great and funny.

I was thinking about giving up on it during season three for a multitude of reasons but stuck it out and it was worth it. If you only watch it in pieces or halfway, its not very good and frustrating. Too much back and forth, obnoxious characters, and random explicit love scenes, etc., but all together with all of the episodes it gets better.

Last edited:

Autumn Leaves

Reaction score
Reactions
107,943 1,596 290
Alleybux
I hope y’all don’t mind me posting all of these lol..

Yesterday was Jay Ellis’ last day on set. I know scenes are not shot in order but the fact that Issa said that she “popped up” for his last scene gives me a little hope that Issa and Lawrence won’t end up together in the end :giggle: it’s the little things… lol!

108887FD-A77A-4C44-A8E8-B41B600E602F.jpeg

Akimbo

Cheverly Remembrance Week: April 15-21
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,777 20,849 4,111
Alleybux
I hope y’all don’t mind me posting all of these lol..

Yesterday was Jay Ellis’ last day on set. I know scenes are not shot in order but the fact that Issa said that she “popped up” for his last scene gives me a little hope that Issa and Lawrence won’t end up together in the end :giggle: it’s the little things… lol!

View attachment 2620916
You gon be so mad if it turns out the last scene he shot was a flashback to younger days & they saved it for last so he could have a shorter beard or something.

Femiluv

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,277 1,966 459
Alleybux
I'm so emotional about this and I haven't even finished watching the last season yet!

sweet_shaleen

Truth don't need motivation - Katt Williams 2024
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,351 1,367 257
Alleybux
Aaaaawwwww...I'm sad about this:pensive:
Now what are we going to do? We had GOT and Insecure...what's next.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,959 1,785 973
Alleybux
I am obsessing over all these goodbye posts from the casts. I’ve been rocking with Issa since Awkward Black Girl. It’s been exciting seeing her career take off

MsMaggie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,668 2,284 577
Alleybux
I need Issa to share her weight loss methods. She looks completely different from Season 1, just a glow up and so gorgeous. I am going to miss this show and I hope it ends on a good note with no ridiculous plot holes. HBO wore me out with Sopranos, True Blood, and GOT series finales.

E x c e l

tu ne peux pas contrôler les opinions des gens
Reaction score
Reactions
58,954 2,850 110
Alleybux
I'm so sad that this will be the last season, but I guess it ran its course.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,959 1,785 973
Alleybux
I need Issa to share her weight loss methods. She looks completely different from Season 1, just a glow up and so gorgeous. I am going to miss this show and I hope it ends on a good note with no ridiculous plot holes. HBO wore me out with Sopranos, True Blood, and GOT series finales.
She said her motivation at first was vanity. She wasn’t about to look a mess doing xes scenes. She’s done a great job keeping up. Her exercise routine is just her walking her neighborhood for 2 hours in the morning. I’m sure her eating regimen has changed as well.

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,278 2,047 329
Alleybux
It's simple access to more money= access to healthier food. Less stress about money can lead to the time to make better choices. I think her previous weight was due to being young and on the come up she's doing things on the cheap so most likely it was a lot meals that were carb heavy if you're pooling money it's a lot of pizza. noodles, burgers and maybe some burritos.

MsMaggie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,668 2,284 577
Alleybux
It's simple access to more money= access to healthier food. Less stress about money can lead to the time to make better choices. I think her previous weight was due to being young and on the come up she's doing things on the cheap so most likely it was a lot meals that were carb heavy if you're pooling money it's a lot of pizza. noodles, burgers and maybe some burritos.
Thanks I already know about healthy eating and better choices due to socioeconomic status and proximity to wealth. I was referencing specific methods used to lose the weight, in which another font answered.

Autumn Leaves

Reaction score
Reactions
107,943 1,596 290
Alleybux
literally came to post just this!

sis don't even follow issa and vice versa
she does follow issa's prod company insta tho

Why is Amanda in none of these shots??

EDIT: I see this has been commented on & noticed by others as well
I didn’t even notice that she doesn’t follow Issa and Vice versa. Amanda doesn’t follow Natasha, Jay or Yvonne either. I guess that incident with Issa a few years back damaged her relationship with all of the cast.

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,991 758 162
Alleybux
Why is Amanda in none of these shots??

EDIT: I see this has been commented on & noticed by others as well

The only person I saw post her in their story was Tristian (Thug Yoda). It was a video of them crip walking. I do find it weird she hasn’t said anything about the show, but I guess it’s good for her not to fake like it’s all good.

BonitaApplbm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,826 3,358 2,801
Alleybux
I didn’t even notice that she doesn’t follow Issa and Vice versa. Amanda doesn’t follow Natasha, Jay or Yvonne either. I guess that incident with Issa a few years back damaged her relationship with all of the cast.
It was already strained...thats why none of them spoke up for her there including the person she showed up with ...how you show up to a party you KNOW you were not invited to or wanted at??

The Culture

News Alley

Top Bottom