Quantcast

‘No one likes you’: Black reporters livid after Omarosa invited to their conference

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,898 274,402 8,221
Alleybux
‘No one likes you’: Black reporters livid after Omarosa invited to their conference

Trump aide and former reality TV show villain Omarosa Manigault was invited to talk about police brutality at the National Association of Black Journalists conference — and many attendees are fuming about it.

The New York Post reports that the last-minute decision to make Manigault a panel guest has created chaos, as many black reporters don’t want her attending what is supposed to be a serious conference.

“The majority there don’t want her involved,” one source told the Post. “It’s heavy drama — even the moderator is refusing. Everyone sees it as extremely offensive.”

The New Yorker’s Jelani Cobb pulled out from the panel, which she said was not well organized to begin with, even before Manigault was added to the mix.

And journalist April Ryan told the Post that she didn’t want someone who tried to ruin her career attending a conference for black journalists.

“When you try to kill me and my career because you want to advance yourself, because you are now making money after not making money from selling cellphones, and now you’re making $180,000 a year, good for you,” she said. “But you know what? Karma comes back. And I told her, ‘The sad thing about it is: No one likes you.'”

gwopijon

Zirconia (Nina) and Polly Esther (BrieBrie)
Reaction score
Reactions
183,330 6,267 1,981
Alleybux
drag ha April. You keep Tang in check each and everytime so cellphone seller Omarosa ain't nothing

Last edited:

Mo.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,540 772 365
Alleybux
They are going to be seated on the panel like?
giphy.gif

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
And journalist April Ryan told the Post that she didn’t want someone who tried to ruin her career attending a conference for black journalists.

“When you try to kill me and my career because you want to advance yourself, because you are now making money after not making money from selling cellphones, and now you’re making $180,000 a year, good for you,” she said. “But you know what? Karma comes back. And I told her, ‘The sad thing about it is: No one likes you.'”
You better tell ha, sis.

Is anyone here for Assaroma?
giphy.gif

She better stick to the rivers and lakes that she's used to.

MoonPie

Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere
Reaction score
Reactions
205,634 15,870 190
Alleybux
When you try to kill me and my career because you want to advance yourself, because you are now making money after not making money from sellingcellphones, and now you’re making $180,000 a year, good for you

e9:dizzy: My spirit left my body after that drag. Damn, April was not playing

LeHussie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,934 446 346
Alleybux
I love April. She is really the reason I watch the daily briefings, cause she will go toe to toe with them and I love it. When she not there, I be like "to hell with this!"

Mochagurl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,865 1,242 981
Alleybux

Trump aide and former reality TV show villain Omarosa Manigault was invited to talk about police brutality at the National Association of Black Journalists conference — and many attendees are fuming about it.

The New York Post reports that the last-minute decision to make Manigault a panel guest has created chaos, as many black reporters don’t want her attending what is supposed to be a serious conference.

“The majority there don’t want her involved,” one source told the Post. “It’s heavy drama — even the moderator is refusing. Everyone sees it as extremely offensive.”

The New Yorker’s Jelani Cobb pulled out from the panel, which she said was not well organized to begin with, even before Manigault was added to the mix.

Jelani Cobb is a man, whoever wrote the article is doing sloppy work.

He now teaches at Columbia University.

Pizzana

Making These Dumb Heauxs Mad
Reaction score
Reactions
101,141 2,872 2,023
Alleybux
I love me some April Ryan. She puts these crazies in their places. After Auntie Maxine, she is the most important woman in Washington to me.

ISawWhatYouDid

#RIPtrump2024 #trump4prison
Reaction score
Reactions
44,925 1,218 147
Alleybux
We have Auntie Maxine and Miss April, that's some serious representation, and thank God for them.

Omanosa (typo and it stays) is gonna ride her tap dance as far as she can, bc outside of Ben Carson (is he still alive, or just asleep somewhere?) and Diamond & Silk--and their beleaguered, unfortunate weaves, there's no where in the country where she'll be taken seriously. She shot herself in the foot, that demon can be all the way gone.

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,631 13,169 1,666
Alleybux
WTF is Omarosa's job anyway? Is token an official title? She can't have sh!t to do. She just threw a baby shower for a former apprentice show contestant. It seems the only thing she does is pop up at black events or when a black person is mentioned.

She's playing a very short game. She's one of the only people who's been associated with Trump for a long time w/ no financial gain from it - unless you count her access to celebrities eventually leading her to inherit the estate of Michael Duncan. She's in her 40s and the financial docs she filed showed no assets besides her interest in the trust he left & she still had over 50k in student loans.

Shampagne

Ignoring half of you heauxs
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,835 864 644
Alleybux
Angie Dickinson told y'all Omarosa is a dumbagrosa. April told her ass nobody will ever fµck with you bihhhhh

Nan Chalant

Organized chaos
Reaction score
Reactions
33,778 565 89
Alleybux
Damn Omrosa go away & stick to Trump headquarters cause real black people ain't feeling you like that. April went the heck off! Omarosa needs to fall back on this one , cause April sitting back thinking...

View attachment 21780

MayaKeats

Let Motown wrap your soul
Reaction score
Reactions
323,613 7,785 2,191
Alleybux
Omarosa needs to go jaw with her fellow prosperity preachers and leave the journalists alone.

And I'm convinced her and Trump rode the sheets. Especially with that dumb ass dating show he had created for her.

She looked everyone in the eye and swore another Apprentice contestant called her *****. Even after the tapes proved it was a lie.

Go after racists with fire, but don't try to ruin somebody's life because you want to tell a good story.

Get tired of grown ass folks saying terms like "pot calling the kettle black" and "picnic" are racist.

Educate yourself and if you want to see what your true enemies are up to surf the net. But you hear something that doesn't sit right with you, Google it. Etymology is your friend.

Every black journalist knows that Omarosa would have her ears pricked up, trying to get dirt on them to get attention and ruin their reputation.

Shove your and Trump's "enemies list" up your ass Omarosa.

MsStatement

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,861 507 266
Alleybux
whats the history between april and omarosa?

They used to be good friends. Omarosa even asked April to be in her wedding.

When Omarosa joined Trump's campaign April said she changed a lot and April tried to reason with her about how bad it looked that she was associated with Trump and his racist team, but Omarosa didn't care because she was finally making some money (April says she had been selling cell phones). So April began to distance herself and turned down the invite to be in the wedding.

Things got very tense between them and they got into a really bad argument at a public event and April almost dragged Omarosa (literally) in front of everyone. Omarosa then made up a lie that April had been actively helping the Clinton campaign, which would have been an ethics violation for April as a journalist and could have ended her career (like what happened to Donna Brazille).

She tells the whole story in Angela Rye's podcast. Download it on your phone and listen. It was very entertaining.

mesmerize

PRINCESS SUSSEX
Reaction score
Reactions
94,664 7,732 5,638
Alleybux
I can't believe omarosa is doing all of this for 180k a year. Wtf? Ivanka's maids
make as much as she does. If you sell out, at least get paid right.

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,817 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
The ugly specter of tribalism rears it's head once again. Only in black America is someone thoroughly "condemned" for their political ideology, which is a personal belief. smh

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,662 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
Her presence is going to drag the conversation way down. She's going to get into it with folks, and they're going to get into it with her.

The ugly specter of tribalism rears it's head once again. Only in black America is someone thoroughly "condemned" for their political ideology, which is a personal belief. smh
This is pure fiction. LMAO. Just off the top of my head... Have you not seen the complete dragging LGBT folks have put on Caitlyn Jenner?

A quick google turns up this: "Dolores Huerta, an influential labor leader and civil rights activist, called Cruz and Rubio “sellouts” and “traitors” at the gathering and said the Hispanic candidates “are turning their backs on the Latino community.”"

Liberal Hispanic activists assail Rubio, Cruz as ‘traitors’ to their culture

In short - it happens all over.

Vulgar Soul

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,234 487 2,104
Alleybux
They used to be good friends. Omarosa even asked April to be in her wedding.

When Omarosa joined Trump's campaign April said she changed a lot and April tried to reason with her about how bad it looked that she was associated with Trump and his racist team, but Omarosa didn't care because she was finally making some money (April says she had been selling cell phones). So April began to distance herself and turned down the invite to be in the wedding.

Things got very tense between them and they got into a really bad argument at a public event and April almost dragged Omarosa (literally) in front of everyone. Omarosa then made up a lie that April had been actively helping the Clinton campaign, which would have been an ethics violation for April as a journalist and could have ended her career (like what happened to Donna Brazille).

She tells the whole story in Angela Rye's podcast. Download it on your phone and listen. It was very entertaining.

Omarosa also tried to intimidate April Ryan at a press event, claiming she had a "dossier" full of negative info on her. Omarosa denied she ever did that and provided an apparently edited audio tape full of drowned out inaudible conversation to prove it.

Not sure about y'all but I think I'll take the words of a seasoned Washington journalist who - as one of the few black women in her position - surely values her credibility and reputation like gold, over the words of a reality show villain, career snake, and shameless token sell out for a white nationalist agenda Omarosa.

Omarosa just doing what you'd expect from a sell out, using her privileged position to tear down the next black woman.

Who the fµck is running these damn black associations anyway and why do they keep inviting these Trump people despite the (obvious) resentment of their own members? The NAACP, the HBCU, the NABJ. Are all these groups ran by self-hating sell outs? Are they forced to do this cus they're all friendly, inclusive, establishment black organization that accept white donation and executive membership? This is why I keep saying you can never have a truly strong or effective black movement if you choose to be inclusive of whites. The money might keep you afloat for centuries, but what's the point if you're beholden to whites with their own agendas?

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,662 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
Who the fµck is running these damn black associations anyway and why do they keep inviting these Trump people despite the (obvious) resentment of their own members?

EXACTLY. I would love to know the rationale. And I don't want to hear that "open a dialogue" mess when we know that Omarosa is only there for self-promotion, shade, and fuckery.