Quantcast

‘Reasonable Doubt’: Michael Ealy, Pauletta Washington, Sean Patrick Thomas Among 5 Cast In Onyx Collective’s Hulu Series

The Admin

Fearless Leader
ADMINISTRATOR
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
130,440 42,812 3,165
Alleybux
Michael-Ealy-Pauletta-Washington-Sean-Patrick-Thomas.jpg

Michael Ealy (Stumptown), Thadeus J. Mixson (Safety) and newcomer Aderinsola Olabode are set as series regulars and Pauletta Washington (Genius: Aretha) and Sean Patrick Thomas (The Tragedy Of Macbeth) have been tapped for key recurring roles opposite Emayatzy Corinealdi in Disney’s Onyx Collective series Reasonable Doubt to stream on Hulu. The legal drama hails from writer/executive producer Raamla Mohamed (Scandal); executive producer Kerry Washington, who will direct the first episode; and ABC Signature.

In Reasonable Doubt, you’ll judge Jax Stewart (Corinealdi) for her questionable ethics and wild interpretations of the law… until you’re the one in trouble. Then you’ll see her for what she is: the most brilliant and fearless defense attorney in Los Angeles who bucks the justice system at every chance she gets.

Ealy will play Damon. Giving OG prison bae vibes, Damon isn’t someone you should look at too long unless you are trying to get into trouble. Complex, smart, troubled, Damon is a former client of Jax’s who’s been in prison for sixteen years for a murder he didn’t commit.

Mixson will portray Spenser. A full-on teenager, complete with lots of eye rolling and attitude, Spenser is the son of Jax and Lewis. Spenser makes it clear that he prefers to spend time with his dad (a video game designer) instead of his mom, and he’s starting to act pretty coldly to his mother, which frustrates the hell out of Jax.

Olabode will play sweet, loving, Naima, the daughter of Jax and Lewis. Naima hasn’t hit the teenage years yet (unlike her 13-year-old brother, Spenser) and she’s still an obedient, loving child to both her parents.

Washington recurs as Mama Lu. Mama Lu keeps it real about everyone and everything (unless it’s about her own mistakes). Jax’s mother, Mama Lu is opinionated and a little overbearing. She loves Jax and she also loves Jax’s husband, Lewis. She makes it clear she thinks that Jax should work less and spend more time with her husband.

Thomas is Brayden Mitchell. Rich, sexy, stylish, entitled, and savvy, but don’t let that fool you: underneath that is a brother from Southeast D.C. whose bite is actually worse than his bark. Brayden comes in as a client at Jax’s firm and immediately rubs her the wrong way.

Mohamed executive produces alongside Washington and Pilar Savone for Simpson Street and Larry Wilmore via Wilmore Films. Celebrity attorney Shawn Holley, a member of O.J. Simpson’s legal defense “Dream Team,” and Jon Leshay are co-executive producers.

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,508 17,399 15,541
Alleybux
Don't y'all know putting Michael early in a series is death to a series.. think I am lying look at every show he has been on.

The following.
That cyborg cop show with minka Kelly
That show on USA with that white guy.

I can go on and on..

Stuck_Up Royal

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
178,946 3,182 1,679
Alleybux
This is why I come here
1634319024835.png

The first two post alone ain't sh!t blaming that man with the light eyes for failed series I cannot

MysticKoko

I determine my own value ❤️ Womanist ♀
Reaction score
Reactions
6,398 279 103
Alleybux
Nice. I could do without the green-eyed series killa, but I'll support.
Lol he has no control over shows getting canceled. And plus the movies that he starred in did pretty good, but not that much with tv shows.

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom