Quantcast

The Talk ‘The Talk’ Goes On Brief Hiatus Amid Probe Into Heated Debate Involving Sharon Osbourne

Jasmine5050

Princess Royal
Reaction score
Reactions
81,153 733 449
Alleybux
I did not like how Sharon spoke to Sheryl. "DONT YOU START TRYING TO CRY, I SHOULD BE THE ONE CRYING!!!"
Grossly disrespectful and belittling.
She deserves to be fired. She didn't just say, that either. She was attempting to mock slang by saying "I aint racist." She crossed her arms and demanded Sheryl to explain how Piers was racist. Then when Sheryl tried to reply saying. "Well...well.." Sharon yelled "Well WHAT?!!"

Totally inappropriate behavior on the job.

cookie jolie

Codename: Sailor G
Reaction score
Reactions
35,730 1,276 289
Alleybux
Staffers behind the scene are allegedly coming forward with stories of abuse and no one is backing Sh@ron.

(And they better not call E.V.E because she has a story to tell...allegedly.)
I always felt a type of way about EVEs sudden departure followed after Marie Osmonds. I know in my bones that nasty woman had something to do with it!

MichaelMYERS

Stalking Laurie Strode's ass since 1978
Reaction score
Reactions
309,216 4,736 1,693
Alleybux
Mhm all because a crazy racist angry white old lady couldn't control her racist angry outburst.

IamMike34

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,614 2,491 964
Alleybux
If they got 4 actual female stars from the 90s to str in this it would be a great idea. Eve is one but who are the others?

nique71

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
347,469 8,758 3,183
Alleybux
Why? On what grounds? They just started hosting. Neither has enough experience in that talk realm to even warrant such a solo opportunity.

Since when do you need experience. To do it successfully is another thing. But there have been plenty of people that received talk shows just based on their name alone. Or not even that.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
Sharon came on that show initially off of the strength or fandom of THE OSBOURNES. While she doesn't need the job for financial reasons, I believe she needs an outlet to keep her busy. She is 68 yrs old with no particular talent. She was another spouse playing talent manager like Kevin Hunter, Kendu Isaacs, etc. This is why she hasn't left. She has nothing else to fall back on. Otherwise, she'd be stuck in the house having to deal with her husband's demise 24/7 and that's not something she is willing to face. Plus, the staff/crew kissed Mrs. O's ass for a long time and she loved it.

However, when Sharon spoke up against Les Moonves, I figured some Moonves loyalists, who were still in the building, were going to get her someday. This might be that day now.

It's been said that's one of the reasons Janet hasn't been there even after Moonves' ungraceful exit. Moonves still has cronies all over that place continuing his dirty work, which is precisely why new leadership loves to clean house because you don't know who you can trust.

Sharon could possibly ruin it for all the other women? I would be furious! She’s already a multimillionaire, so she doesn’t need this job, but this job was probably a blessing for some of the other women.

I also want to know who the fµck in America is watching any show to hear Sharon Osbourne’s opinion. Stay in the UK, boo-boo.

InfamousCloudyDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
But usually, they've been subbing for others (or been a recurring contributor) or have a well-known brand already to warrant the full airtime. Just because Elaine was E-I-C for TEEN VOGUE that doesn't mean she's qualified or deserves to host her own talk show. As for Amanda, she would only be getting a deal off of being the COVID victim widow. I don't mean to sound harsh, but who exactly was checking for Amanda before Nick's passing? Be honest. Both women still have quite a way to go.

Since when do you need experience. To do it successfully is another thing. But there have been plenty of people that received talk shows just based on their name alone. Or not even that.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
LOL! VIACOM owns CBS and most of those other networks. They are very capable of doing their own damage control or burying negative news leads that are internal. Plus, they probably threaten to block talent from appearing on these other networks if other programs portray poor coverage. In other words, I don't expect THE INSIDER or ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT to talk sh*t about THE TALK when they are all on the same network. All of these programs take care of each other.

I find it interesting the press raked Ellen DeGeneres for being loud and condescending to her staff but Sharon's tirades get nothing. Other than twitter, Sharon and her bµllsh!t is getting no attention on the morning shows, cable news or evening entertainment talk. I don't get it!

GrooveThang

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,034 14 6
Alleybux
I'd enjoy a show/podcast with Holly and Leah. They would be fun together on light topics, and I could also see them having real conversations on deeper topics.

nique71

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
347,469 8,758 3,183
Alleybux
But usually, they've been subbing for others (or been a recurring contributor) or have a well-known brand already to warrant the full airtime. Just because Elaine was E-I-C for TEEN VOGUE that doesn't mean she's qualified or deserves to host her own talk show. As for Amanda, she would only be getting a deal off of being the COVID victim widow. I don't mean to sound harsh, but who exactly was checking for Amanda before Nick's passing? Be honest. Both women still have quite a way to go.

Elaine is a judge on Project Runway. Or at least she was after Heidi and Tim left.

Anyone can get a talk show. Or a spot on one with limited experience in that realm. If you think about it you could probably name about 20 or so off the top of your head. Some successful and some flops.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
Marie was too nice and Sharon is that rebel so I can see them clashing. Sharon strikes me as the type to low key roll her eyes or huff and puff at things Marie or any conservative would say.
I always felt a type of way about EVEs sudden departure followed after Marie Osmonds. I know in my bones that nasty woman had something to do with it!

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
It still doesn't mean she should be on TV solo for a full hour. Come on. She is fine in her role now as one of many co-hosts, but a full hour of her solo is a bit much. She still hasn't proven herself. If the interest in her was there, she would have had her own show so clearly, it's not. Andre Leon Talley was a judge too on PROJECT RUNWAY. He has far more personality and commentary to offer than Elaine. I think he has or had his own weekly radio show on Sirius XM.

Elaine is a judge on Project Runway. Or at least she was after Heidi and Tim left.

Anyone can get a talk show. Or a spot on one with limited experience in that realm. If you think about it you could probably name about 20 or so off the top of your head. Some successful and some flops.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
Brandy was added......but I don't know about this show. ABC's track record with dramas that are not Shonda Rhimes' productions seems abysmal. Even the ratings for FOR LIFE is slipping. Good luck.

If they got 4 actual female stars from the 90s to str in this it would be a great idea. Eve is one but who are the others?

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
I would say yes at this concept, but Holly's brand is a bit on the safe or boring side. She's played her entire career being safe. Even the OWN or HALLMARK shows with the family are blasé. Leah has a lot more edge and can be intriguing. Holly is going to have to speak out more for it to work. No sense in having a podcast if you're not going to spill the tea.

I'd enjoy a show/podcast with Holly and Leah. They would be fun together on light topics, and I could also see them having real conversations on deeper topics.

Butterbum2986

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
50,259 2,130 902
Alleybux
What exactly are they investigating? I don’t understand. The argument was right there...they making this way to complicated.

JaneJane

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
67,659 1,573 846
Alleybux
The show is done IMO. Ratings have been declining while The View has been killing it. This was CBS' way of creating controversy to rival The View, but it might boomerang. If Sharon is fired, the white women who watch will leave. If Sharon stays, the black women who watch will leave.

Sharon may just quit and do a show with Piers at this rate.

Eve left at the perfect time.

Dear Lana...

On My Honeymoon...
Reaction score
Reactions
167,054 4,392 3,181
Alleybux
b752cf925813d9097e675391f01182b5.gif

I’m guessing y’all have a thread somewhere but when in the world did Eve leave the Talk and who is this blonde white woman that’s sitting up there with them in these bohemian dresses?

Blubyrd

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
369,169 14,149 2,386
Alleybux
Why does everyone's money gotta get f--ked up bc of her? Just suspend/fire her and call it a day

b752cf925813d9097e675391f01182b5.gif

I’m guessing y’all have a thread somewhere but when in the world did Eve leave the Talk and who is this blonde white woman that’s sitting up there with them in these bohemian dresses?
End of last year.

Knee Knee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
331,821 9,390 1,533
Alleybux
Sharon can kiss my ass for fµck!ng up my TV schedule. I got a permanent remote position late last year and after years of not watching this show I added it into my TV rotation again and it was alright until this b!tch lost her marbles. I don’t want it canceled but Sharon definitely has to go because the energy is now off. They tried to gloss over Friday but you could tell the cast ain’t fµck!ng with her like that anymore.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
PAGE SIX EXCLUSIVE

‘The Talk’ co-host Elaine Welteroth complains of racial insensitivity on set
By Emily Smith

March 15, 2021 | 4:57pm

An internal investigation kicked off at “The Talk” after host Elaine Welteroth and her hairstylist complained the alleged “racially insensitive and hostile environment” on the show.

A source said, “Elaine Welteroth and her hairstylist complained to HR over Sharon Osbourne’s recent exchange with Sheryl Underwood.

“They said they don’t feel comfortable working in a racially insensitive and hostile environment, and this complaint launched the investigation.”

But it wasn’t just journalist and author Welteroth who was left fuming after last Wednesday’s heated debate over Piers Morgan’s comments about Meghan Markle.

The source said that Osbourne herself felt set up by the producers of the TV show, who wanted her to be blindsided on live TV so the episode would be “more explosive.”

The source continued, “Showrunners Heather Gray and Kristin Matthews were confronted by Sharon after Wednesday’s show, and she grilled them about why they didn’t prepare her for what was coming from Sheryl.

Elaine Welteroth and Sharon Osbourne are co-hosts on “The Talk.”
Getty Images
“Sharon felt the producers had been ordered not to prepare her and let her be blindsided on live TV because it would be more explosive and get more publicity. She is furious.”

The source added, “There’s a lot of finger-pointing going on behind the scenes. ‘The Talk’ is in full self-destruct mode; everyone is throwing whoever they can under the bus.”

The staff was emailed Sunday afternoon that the show would not be taping live shows on Monday or Tuesday as CBS investigates “the situation and concerns” after Osbourne’s tense exchange with Sheryl Underwood after Osbourne defended longtime friend Piers Morgan and his controversial comments about Meghan Markle.

Page Six can also exclusively reveal that a memo was sent to all cast, staff and crew at “The Talk” which states, “As a result of Wednesday’s taping, we want to make it clear that HR is actively involved in addressing the situation and concerns that have been brought to our attention.

CBS sent out an internal memo with HR contact information.
“We are committed to a diverse, respectful and inclusive workplace and want to ensure that you are all aware of all the resources available to you should you wish to talk to someone.”
The memo includes contact numbers and emails for CBS human resources, plus a 24-hour tip line for anonymous concerns.

Reps CBS didn’t return Page Six’s request for comment, but it released a statement Friday following the announcement of its investigation.

“All matters related to the Wednesday episode of ‘The Talk’ are currently under internal review,” the network said in a statement.

After the heated on-air debate, Osbourne tweeted a lengthy apology that said she does not “condone racism, misogyny or bullying.”

FILED UNDER DAYTIME TV , MEGHAN MARKLE , PIERS MORGAN , SHARON OSBOURNE , SHERYL UNDERWOOD , THE TALK , 3/15/21

Elaine Welteroth complains of racial insensitivity at 'The Talk'

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-15_23-59-9.gif
    upload_2021-3-15_23-59-9.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 15

Knee Knee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
331,821 9,390 1,533
Alleybux
PAGE SIX EXCLUSIVE

‘The Talk’ co-host Elaine Welteroth complains of racial insensitivity on set
By Emily Smith

March 15, 2021 | 4:57pm

An internal investigation kicked off at “The Talk” after host Elaine Welteroth and her hairstylist complained the alleged “racially insensitive and hostile environment” on the show.

A source said, “Elaine Welteroth and her hairstylist complained to HR over Sharon Osbourne’s recent exchange with Sheryl Underwood.

“They said they don’t feel comfortable working in a racially insensitive and hostile environment, and this complaint launched the investigation.”

But it wasn’t just journalist and author Welteroth who was left fuming after last Wednesday’s heated debate over Piers Morgan’s comments about Meghan Markle.

The source said that Osbourne herself felt set up by the producers of the TV show, who wanted her to be blindsided on live TV so the episode would be “more explosive.”

The source continued, “Showrunners Heather Gray and Kristin Matthews were confronted by Sharon after Wednesday’s show, and she grilled them about why they didn’t prepare her for what was coming from Sheryl.

Elaine Welteroth and Sharon Osbourne are co-hosts on “The Talk.”
Getty Images
“Sharon felt the producers had been ordered not to prepare her and let her be blindsided on live TV because it would be more explosive and get more publicity. She is furious.”

The source added, “There’s a lot of finger-pointing going on behind the scenes. ‘The Talk’ is in full self-destruct mode; everyone is throwing whoever they can under the bus.”

The staff was emailed Sunday afternoon that the show would not be taping live shows on Monday or Tuesday as CBS investigates “the situation and concerns” after Osbourne’s tense exchange with Sheryl Underwood after Osbourne defended longtime friend Piers Morgan and his controversial comments about Meghan Markle.

Page Six can also exclusively reveal that a memo was sent to all cast, staff and crew at “The Talk” which states, “As a result of Wednesday’s taping, we want to make it clear that HR is actively involved in addressing the situation and concerns that have been brought to our attention.

CBS sent out an internal memo with HR contact information.
“We are committed to a diverse, respectful and inclusive workplace and want to ensure that you are all aware of all the resources available to you should you wish to talk to someone.”
The memo includes contact numbers and emails for CBS human resources, plus a 24-hour tip line for anonymous concerns.

Reps CBS didn’t return Page Six’s request for comment, but it released a statement Friday following the announcement of its investigation.

“All matters related to the Wednesday episode of ‘The Talk’ are currently under internal review,” the network said in a statement.

After the heated on-air debate, Osbourne tweeted a lengthy apology that said she does not “condone racism, misogyny or bullying.”

FILED UNDER DAYTIME TV , MEGHAN MARKLE , PIERS MORGAN , SHARON OSBOURNE , SHERYL UNDERWOOD , THE TALK , 3/15/21

Elaine Welteroth complains of racial insensitivity at 'The Talk'
Sis Elaine said she going to play the White lady game and run to HR. We love to see it! Beat these hoes at they own game!
iQuOBj1.gif

Reaction score
Reactions
310,483 10,149 1,751
Alleybux
Is there anywhere to watch the whole show? I know CBS refused to post it but it has to be somewhere. I wanna see it from the beginning because I read that it was Sharon who started the conversation so how was she blindsided?

Knee Knee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
331,821 9,390 1,533
Alleybux
Is there anywhere to watch the whole show? I know CBS refused to post it but it has to be somewhere. I wanna see it from the beginning because I read that it was Sharon who started the conversation so how was she blindsided?
Apparently the ladies and production basically have meetings to run through the segments for the upcoming show. Sharon claims they excluded her from a meeting about addressing her standing by Piers Morgan and forced her to address the topic like ten minutes before they were on air. She is either naive or full of sh!t though because she is a talk show host who took a public stand on one of the biggest hot topics that stems from a interview that aired on her show's network and she really thought they wouldn't force her ass to address it on the show.
Z9VE274.jpg

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
I don't know why they ever thought that we needed to hear her opinion. Who was watching for her? Who wanted her in the first place?

Sharon is def.needed on the show. She is basically the last of the original hosts, so they are not trying to lose her and just have a bunch of newbies trying to sell the show.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
...or on the contrary, they are trying to get rid of her to keep the cast alive with fresh blood.

Sharon is def.needed on the show. She is basically the last of the original hosts, so they are not trying to lose her and just have a bunch of newbies trying to sell the show.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,933 8,538 5,079
Alleybux
LOL!

One part of me is like:

"Ok, Elaine, I see what you tried to do here,"

but another part of me is like:

"Girl, you just bought a house and you are new to this job. Keep those checks coming. This is ain't your battle. Stay out of it."

Sis Elaine said she going to play the White lady game and run to HR. We love to see it! Beat these hoes at they own game!
iQuOBj1.gif

ATLxLIB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,464 1,448 2,087
Alleybux
Mrs. Osbourne will be fine with her rich husband. It's Mrs. Underwood that will be shucking and jiving soon when she's out of a job. Some black people never know how to play the game.

Reaction score
Reactions
310,483 10,149 1,751
Alleybux
Okay I watched it last night. Sharon definitely started the conversation. She wanted to get things off her chest after all the backlash she got the day before. She started the show off with a speech.

Also, aside from the part with from the viral clips, the conversation was surprising calm and cordial.

I also watched the beginning of the next day's show and they started of with that "we're a family" disclaimer like they do on The View when NutMeg gets her ass handled the day before.

Tylerdagreat

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,640 10,708 609
Alleybux
The Talk' is on hiatus after Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood's heated debate

By Lisa Respers France, CNN

Updated 12:16 PM ET, Tue March 16, 2021

210311145949-sharon-osbourne-the-talk-piers-morgan-small-169.jpg

A heated debate last week between co-hosts Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood regarding Osbourne's support of her longtime friend, Piers Morgan.

In a programming email to CNN, "The Talk" noted that they would be re-airing some old episodes Monday and Tuesday instead of their live shows.

On Monday, Morgan slammed CBS on Twitter for its decision to temporarily yank the show off air, and Donald Trump Jr. retweeted Morgan, adding "This is getting insane!"
"Now other shows are being pulled off the air because someone who actually knows someone else doesn't believe they're racist simply because someone else accused them of it with no basis simply because he didn't believe someone else," Trump tweeted. "Got it?!?"

CNN has reached out to CBS and Osbourne for comment.
It all started on the show last week after Underwood questioned Osbourne's support for Morgan, who stormed off the set and left his job on ITV's "Good Morning Britain" in the wake of allegations that comments he made following Prince Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey were rooted in racism.

Osbourne later tweeted an apology saying she "panicked," "felt blindsided" and then "got defensive" during her exchange with Underwood.
"After some reflection, after sitting with your comments & sitting with my heart I would like to address the discussion on The Talk this past Wednesday. I have always been embraced with so much love & support from the black community & I have deep respect & love for the black community."
CBS released a statement on Friday which read "We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. All matters related to the Wednesday episode of 'The Talk' are currently under internal review."
In addition to Osbourne and Underwood, the show also features Carrie Ann Inaba, Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth as co-hosts.

-----------------------------------
The Talk Extends Hiatus Amid New Toxic Workplace Allegations

By Kimberly Roots / March 16 2021, 1:24 PM PDT

the-talk-hiatus-extended-sharon-osbourne-toxic-workplace.jpg

Courtesy of CBS

Though it was scheduled to return this Wednesday, The Talk now won’t resume until Tuesday, March 23, a CBS spokesperson tells TVLine.

The daytime chatfest took an unplanned break earlier this week, following a controversial interaction among the co-hosts during a conversation in the March 10 broadcast. While the hosting panel talked about British TV personality Piers Morgan’s comments about Meghan Markle, Sharon Osbourne defended Morgan and then worried aloud that she would be branded a racist for doing so. She grew louder — and frequently spoke over Sheryl Underwood, who is Black — as the segment went on. Later, social media users criticized Osbourne’s behavior.

Osbourne apologized via social media on Friday, March 12, tweeting that she felt “panicked” and “blindsided” that people might think she was racist, so she “got defensive and allowed my fear and horror of being accused of being racist take over.” She added: “I have always been embraced with so much love and support from the Black community and I have deep respect and love for the Black community. To anyone of color that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused or let down by what I said, I am truly sorry.”

Then, on Tuesday, journalist Yashar Ali posted an article in which several sources — including former Talk co-host Leah Remini — stated that Osbourne contributed to making The Talk a toxic workplace, frequently using Asian slurs to refer to former co-host Julie Chen and lesbian slurs to refer to former co-host Sara Gilbert.

In response to the article, Osbourne’s publicist issued a statement saying, “The only thing worse than a disgruntled former employee is a disgruntled former talk show host. For 11 years Sharon has been kind, collegial and friendly with her hosts as evidenced by throwing them parties, inviting them to her home in the UK and other gestures of kindness too many to name. Sharon is disappointed but unfazed and hardly surprised by the lies, the recasting of history and the bitterness coming out at this moment. She will survive this, as she always has and her heart will remain open and good, because she refuses to let others take her down. She thanks her family, friends and fans for standing by her and knowing her true nature.”

The show always planned to take off Friday, March 19, and Monday, March 22, to accommodate the NCAA Tournament. In a statement regarding the hiatus extension, the network said:

CBS is committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace across all of our productions. We’re also very mindful of the important concerns expressed and discussions taking place regarding events on ‘The Talk.’ This includes a process where all voices are heard, claims are investigated and appropriate action is taken where necessary. The show will extend its production hiatus until next Tuesday as we continue to review these issues.

The Talk Extends Hiatus Amid New Toxic Workplace Allegations

'The Talk' is on hiatus after Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood's heated debate - CNN

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,811 10,060 5,710
Alleybux
68 and can't have a mature rational conversation about racism. Her body language and defensiveness told me she's guilty.

upload_2021-3-16_16-48-4.png

Mrs Ossoff

The one and only
Reaction score
Reactions
94,298 1,314 559
Alleybux
Pray to God that Elaine and Sheryl stay gainfully employed. I know Elaine is biracial but I love when Black women stay on code. Her trip to HR triggered this.

Orange Blossom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,816 1,457 65
Alleybux
I hate what the media is doing now! The only person that engaged in a heated debate was SHARON OSBOURNE!!! Sheryl Underwood remained composed and calm...it's wasn't a back and forth screaming match. Sharon was the yelling like a damn maniac while pushing fake tears out of her eyes!

First Time Caller

Mid century Modern
Reaction score
Reactions
33,139 753 354
Alleybux
Sharon’s done. CBS should replace her with Brigitte Nielsen (older, international ww) and call it a day.

Piers Morgan isn’t worth losing your job over but he’s the hill SO decided to die on. She could’ve supported him privately. Then she acted a complete ass with Sheryl when gently confronted.

This is the real life example of “you should’ve just sat there and ate your food.”