Quantcast

11 Year-old Lesbian "Kid-Governor" wants to be President

1800USEDWIG

ReportUsedWigs
Reaction score
Reactions
22,226 3,644 2,076
Alleybux
Meet The 11-Year-Old Who Wants To Be America's First Lesbian President | HuffPost

Cliffs:

• A teacher told her that talking about coming out was inappropriate
  • Other kids felt uncomfortable and scared
  • Wants to work with schools to support other LGBTQ students

QUEER VOICES
03/22/2019 06:30 pm ET

Meet The 11-Year-Old Who Wants To Be America’s First Lesbian President
Connecticut’s Ella Briggs was sworn in as her state’s “kid governor” in January and ran on a pro-LGBTQ platform.

By Curtis M. Wong

Ella Briggs, an 11-year-old Connecticut resident, became her state’s first openly gay “kid governor” in January ― and she’s aiming to one day have national and even global impact.

The fifth-grader, who attends the Ana Grace Academy of the Arts Elementary Magnet School in Avon, was elected to the post by 6,400 of her peers from 87 schools across the state. During her campaign, she made LGBTQ youth safety her primary focus, noting that she was inspired by her own experience.

She’s already so invested in public service, she said she would love to become America’s “first lesbian president,” according to the Hartford Courant.

“A lot of kids don’t feel comfortable with who they are and that makes me really sad, because I just want everyone to be happy and be themselves. I like being myself,” Ella told the Connecticut Post in an interview published Wednesday. “I wouldn’t change one thing about me and I wouldn’t change one about anyone else in the whole world.”

Still, the road to living authentically hasn’t been easy. Ella has said she was harassed at the public school she attended in East Hampton, Connecticut, after she first identified as a lesbian. In third and fourth grade, she said her classmates ostracized her and refused to sit next to her in class.

“I think they were just scared of me,” she told the Post. “They were afraid to touch me.”

When she told a substitute teacher that she identified as gay, Ella said, the teacher told her that subject wasn’t “school appropriate.”

“It really hurt my feelings,” she told the Courant. “I cried in the bathroom and I don’t want kids to feel like that because like I already didn’t feel like I fit in at that school.”

Her mission for the coming year, she said at her Jan. 18 inauguration at the Old State House in Hartford, is “to keep our schools safe and to spread the message that love is love.” That will include the launch of gay-straight alliance clubs, or GSAs, as well as other “safe spaces where members of the LGBTQ community and their allies can find pride in who they are.”

In fact, East Hampton Superintendent Paul Smith told the Courant he hopes to have a sit-down with Ella on how to make the schools under his jurisdiction safer for all students.

Now in its fourth year, the kid governor program was created by Connecticut Public Affairs Network as a tool to teach youngsters about what it means to run for political office.

Timed to coincide with Election Day in November, the statewide civics program allows fifth-graders in Connecticut to nominate one child from each class to run for kid governor with a mission of his or her choice, and fifth-graders vote in the subsequent election. Each kid governor serves a one-year term.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Connecticut fonts have black fifth-grade relatives, teachers, school administrators, anyone black involved with the elementary school system who have an interest in civics and human rights? If so, please share details about this program with them if they have not heard of this opportunity for black girls.

Chillin4Life

Supreme Being
Reaction score
Reactions
29,772 418 131
Alleybux
Before I read the article and saw the pics I knew she was wyte. Wishing her the best though

HexxeH

Queen of unpopular opinions
Reaction score
Reactions
66,667 5,696 8,082
Alleybux
giphy.gif

11 year old lesbian...should have read 11 year old TomBoy!

children don't have a xesual orientation BEFORE PUBERTY!

STOP THIS CHITT!

riceandpeas

astra nos inclinant
Reaction score
Reactions
6,273 111 43
Alleybux
giphy.gif

STOP THIS CHITT!

Yes they do dumbass. I’ve always liked girls way before puberty so you can choke on your homophobia. Did you not have any crushes when you were young?

ETA: Lmao at you straight people in this thread groaning away. Tf you people know about being gay if you’re straight?

Last edited:

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,829 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
Cute kid. I hope they don't decide she's actually a boy just because she doesn't like girly things, and then proceed to ruining her body with costly and cruel medical interventions. That's what they do nowadays to girls like her...

HexxeH

Reaction score
Reactions
66,667 5,696 8,082
Alleybux
Yes they do dumbass. I’ve always liked girls so you can choke on your heterophobia. Did you not have any crushes when you were young?

No they don't have a xesual orientation at 11 years old.

because to have a xesual orientation you need to have xes hormones and you don't get that till you go thru puberty.

do not confuse having a crush with xesual desire.

riceandpeas

astra nos inclinant
Reaction score
Reactions
6,273 111 43
Alleybux
No they don't have a xesual orientation at 11 years old.

because to have a xesual orientation you need to have xes hormones and you don't get that till you go thru puberty.

do not confuse having a crush with xesual desire.

No you don’t. To have a xesual orientation you need to be attracted to a certain gender, that’s it. I had my first kiss at 5 with a girl. When I was 7/8 I would get excited whenever I watched diva wrestling matches on WWE cause they were pretty half naked women. Because I was attracted to them.

But since you’re straight you obviously know my experience better than my own but okay lmaooooo

HexxeH

Reaction score
Reactions
66,667 5,696 8,082
Alleybux
No you don’t. To have a xesual orientation you need to be attracted to a certain gender, that’s it. I had my first kiss at 5 with a girl. When I was 7/8 I would get excited whenever I watched diva wrestling matches on WWE cause they were pretty half naked women. Because I was attracted to them.

But since you’re straight you obviously know my experience better than my own but okay lmaooooo

Which proves that your early exposure to xesually stimulating material could have skewed your xesual attention toward same xes. There's a reason why tv programs, and films have a maturity rating.

riceandpeas

astra nos inclinant
Reaction score
Reactions
6,273 111 43
Alleybux
Which proves that your early exposure to xesually stimulating material could have skewed your xesual attention toward same xes. There's a reason why tv programs, and films have a maturity rating.

The first time I saw girls kissing was in Jennifer’s Body which came out in 2009, years after I had my first kiss with a girl.

Going by your logic gay people would be straight because we’ve been exposed to straight people kissing since forever. I grew up seeing my parents kiss, other couples kiss in real life and tv yet how am I not straight?

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,255 11,121 1,705
Alleybux
Cute kid. I hope they don't decide she's actually a boy just because she doesn't like girly things, and then proceed to ruining her body with costly and cruel medical interventions. That's what they do nowadays to girls like her...

They tried to. Within the first 20 seconds of the video, this young lady spoke of people misgendering her, referring to her as “he” and “him”. She thought she had to be a boy, but then decided to be steadfast in her feminity.

I will forever maintain that the transmovement is homophobic AF, and the T should be dropped from the acronym because want gay boys and lesbian girls to transition into “normalcy” rather than being who they are.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,829 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
They tried to. Within the first 20 seconds of the video, this young lady spoke of people misgendering her, referring to her as “he” and “him”. She thought she had to be a boy, but then decided to be steadfast in her feminity.

I will forever maintain that the transmovement is homophobic AF, and the T should be dropped from the acronym because want gay boys and lesbian girls to transition into “normalcy” rather than being who they are.
I'm glad she is firm in holding on to who she is and I hope her family continues to protect her. It's heartbreaking to know that a generation of girls who would have grown up to simply be butch lesbians (or just straight tomboys) are being harmed so deeply. It's gay conversion therapy, I don't care what anyone else says.

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,020 9,671 9,135
Alleybux
giphy.gif

STOP THIS CHITT!

:disdain So you wanna act like these grown ass kids ain't walking round at 10 and up talking bout they got a girlfriend and boyfriend.

Some of them had xes by 14 and got babies at 15 and up but I'll go back to Walt Disney with you.

HexxeH

Reaction score
Reactions
66,667 5,696 8,082
Alleybux
:disdain So you wanna act like these grown ass kids ain't walking round at 10 and up talking bout they got a girlfriend and boyfriend.

Some of them had xes by 14 and got babies at 15 and up but I'll go back to Walt Disney with you.

They do, and that early exposure to xesual situations whether in their home life, or on TV or movies is what does it to them.

Not because of some innate feeling of being gay at the age of 11.

What is surprising to me about the whole thing is that there are grown ass adults supporting a child who isn't of the age of xesual maturity to talk about identifying as a lesbian.

madisonivy

end is near but don’t be paranoid
Reaction score
Reactions
32,335 1,800 1,871
Alleybux
Put your children in private Christian/Catholic schools to avoid the indoctrination of FOOLERY!

THIS IS CHILD ABUSE!!!!!