Quantcast

19 Year Old Kenneka Jenkins Found Dead in Hotel Freezer After Partying W/Friends

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,289 11,966 331
Alleybux
Y'all give me the run down what happened to this girl. I ain't looking through 500 pages
in addition to what the other poster stated, it first went viral from the chicago savage stereotypes

people claimed her friends were livestreaming partying while she got raped behind them & when she went missing they'd killed her.

everybody was playing detective gadget over the party videos putting together clues and trying to ruin her friends lives

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
257,936 18,337 2,704
Alleybux
she went to a party at a hotel with a couple of her girl friends. ended up getting drunk and wandering throughout the building by herself. friends couldn't find her, contacted her mom, the mom tried to get help from the authorities but the situation was taken lightly. girl was found dead in the hotel freezer. died from hypothermia but everyone on social media tried to figure this girl's death out through another's person fb live and shiny shades and even blamed the friends.

so yeah that's basically it.
Thanks because I was confused af.

MAMA DADA

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,382 2,716 1,275
Alleybux
Thanks because I was confused af.

It was sad because the hotel refused to look at security tapes or get police help to locate her child, but called the cops on the mom for "causing a scene" at the hotel. Had they reviewed the tapes when the mom.was there they would have seen her wander downstairs into the walk-in freezer. She was so drunk she was bouncing off the hallway walls like a pinball.

Her friends waited.for her, then left the hotel without her - in her car! - which is why people suspect them of something.

.godiva.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
7,291 112 28
Alleybux
like a ghost was present?
Not really in that way. The setup of the restaurant (Bill Murray's Caddyshack) is just very dark and seems unfinished--which also seems by design, but it was just overall a DARK space. Then my daughter had to go to the bathroom and the bathroom is within the hotel (there isn't one in the restaurant), so we ended up walking through those same halls where Kenneka was stumbling. So to see the spot in person just automatically took me back to seeing her on the surveillance video.

This is from Yelp! but a photo of inside:

o.jpg

N2Ladies

Reaffirmed
Reaction score
Reactions
272,284 43,242 20,369
Alleybux
Her mother got paid!

Associated Press

A Chicago woman died in a hotel freezer in 2017. Now her mother has reached a settlement​

Associated Press
Updated Wed, October 4, 2023 at 1:40 PM CDT·2 min read

46c54269163908af9c3438f997d977f2

FILE - Attorney Geoffrey Fieger, right, speaks during a press conference as Tereasa Martin, left, mother of Kenneka Jenkins, looks on, Dec. 18, 2018, in Chicago. Fieger represents the family of Jenkins, who was found dead in 2017 in a freezer at a suburban hotel where she had attended a party. Martin reached a settlement in her lawsuit against the hotel and others in August 2023, Cook County court records show, but it has not been entered on the court docket because attorneys for Jenkins’ mother have asked that the terms be sealed from the public. A judge denied that request Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2023, but asked the mother’s attorney to resubmit the request. (Zbigniew Bzdak/Chicago Tribune via AP, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)More

CHICAGO (AP) — The mother of a 19-year-old Chicago woman who was found dead in 2017 in a freezer at a suburban hotel where she had attended a party has reached a settlement in her lawsuit against the hotel and others.
A settlement was reached in August, Cook County court records show, but it has not been entered on the court docket because attorneys for Kenneka Jenkins’ mother have asked that the terms be sealed from the public, the Chicago Tribune reported.

A judge denied that request Tuesday but asked the mother’s attorney to resubmit the request. A status hearing is scheduled for next week in the case, which had been set for a trial starting Oct. 16, court records show.
Attorneys for Jenkins’ mother, Tereasa Martin, argued that the family’s safety and privacy trumped any reason to require that the records be publicly filed.
“The widespread publicity of this case, including uncontrolled speculation and social media commentary has resulted in various threats made against various individuals in the case,” including Martin, witnesses and the defendants, an attorney for Martin wrote in an unopposed motion to seal the settlement's terms.
The lawsuit was filed in December 2018 against Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont, its security company and a restaurant that rented the walk-in freezer in which Jenkins was found dead. It alleged the defendants were negligent because they didn’t secure the freezer or conduct a proper search following Jenkins' disappearance. The suit initially sought more than $50 million in damages.
Jenkins was found dead inside the freezer on Sept. 10, 2017, nearly 24 hours after she disappeared from a ninth-floor room at the Crowne Plaza where she had attended a party with as many as 30 other people.
The Cook County medical examiner’s office found that she died from hypothermia and ruled her death an accident. Alcohol intoxication and the use of a drug for treating epilepsy and migraines were “significant contributing factors” in her death, the office said.
Surveillance videos released by police days later show Jenkins wandering alone through a kitchen area near the freezer not long after she disappeared.
View comments (590)

Tupac shakur

She's ghetto, but she has runway quality!
Reaction score
Reactions
47,632 1,754 427
Alleybux
Yeah somebody did something to that girl after all these years folks wasn’t lying. Ppl saw her and did nothing ? Wow.

KingLegend

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,020 1,551 1,669
Alleybux

So there is new footage. They never mentioned staff being in the area where she was found dead

Right!! But if I recall they always said it was somebody who worked there that was around the scene. In real life you just don’t walk into no freezer alone at no hotel. Mind you the hotel is in a decent area like Dave and buster pappaduex out there so it wasn’t like a motel 6 in the hood. The situation was always shady to me.

Ziggy

THE INIMITABLE
Reaction score
Reactions
27,380 2,471 1,074
Alleybux
Right!! But if I recall they always said it was somebody who worked there that was around the scene. In real life you just don’t walk into no freezer alone at no hotel. Mind you the hotel is in a decent area like Dave and buster pappaduex out there so it wasn’t like a motel 6 in the hood. The situation was always shady to me.
If I were her mom I wouldn't rest until someone is arrested

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
45,954 1,409 809
Alleybux
Do y’all remember one of the employees wheeling something around that looked like a body? They harmed that poor girl and I’m glad her family got paid. Now they need to put someone under the jail.

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,591 10,506 1,537
Alleybux
Do y’all remember one of the employees wheeling something around that looked like a body? They harmed that poor girl and I’m glad her family got paid. Now they need to put someone under the jail.

No, that was debunked. Also, the initial and independent autopsies ruled out foul play. The lawsuit basically said that the hotel was negligent in preventing her from locking herself in the freezer which led to her death. Her mother agreed with it all along. If an individual would have caused her death, things would have gone quite differently and the hotel would not have accepted liability.

Last edited:

GenByeBish

an actual BW and pro-BW font. on a hiatus.
Reaction score
Reactions
33,825 1,855 90
Alleybux

So there is new footage. They never mentioned staff being in the area where she was found dead

As someone who followed this thread and case when it happened, I remember this footage. If I remember correctly, that's the security guard who fled the U.S. like 1-2 days after.

Ziggy

THE INIMITABLE
Reaction score
Reactions
27,380 2,471 1,074
Alleybux
As someone who followed this thread and case when it happened, I remember this footage. If I remember correctly, that's the security guard who fled the U.S. like 1-2 days after.
Really??? I missed all of that. Did they find him?

FlexLuthor

Unfazed and Unbothered
Reaction score
Reactions
24,548 725 494
Alleybux
Wild because a lot of us in this thread correctly guessed exactly this. And it was a wild ride uncovering the evidence in real time as it came out.

This case was easily solved by internet message board sleuths so you KNOW there was a cover-up from the very start.

Also the PD KNEW this as well so the question is; why did they cover for the janitors and accomplices?