Quantcast

200+ carjackings in DC area, dozens of juveniles arrested so far this year

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,061 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
They don't care. They're not making them go to school. They don't know or care to keep up with their whereabouts, as long as they aren't bothering them. I'm so glad I don't have to ride the train daily, anymore. I was riding daily when I was going to Aveda in Chinatown; and I'd hate being on the trains with cars full of them. They stayed attacking women and the elderly.
Those little bastards are why I vowed to never work in DC. I wasn't tearing up my car nor riding anybody train. There were disgraceful little sh!ts over 10 years ago and it sounds ten times worst now when I hear about metro now.

These parents have got to start caring. Their demon spawns are terrorizing our communities.

Madashelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,301 1,656 385
Alleybux
It's unfortunate that they can't be shot, maimed, or killed when they do sh!t like this. And as far as them getting on the Interstate and jumping in front of cars, they need to get run over by 10 cars until they are flattened out.
Abortions are still legal in many states; people need to exercise their rights and get one.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,732 2,681 178
Alleybux
I have friends who live in Northeast and they've had their cars broken into 4 times already this year smh.

MzDynamite04

No more mascots.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
28,922 1,597 348
Alleybux
I don’t trust any police chief who thinks this is just the result of “they like to do it” with no other analysis as to why children from
abusive homes in high poverty areas are committing crimes. How dumb can you be?
Sh*t has been shut down, kids have few outlets in parts of the city where there wasn’t much to do in the first place. The disparity between gentrified DC and old DC is wider than ever and as long as the inequality stays that way, young people from areas with little infrastructure beyond fast food joints and sitting on stoops and no exposure to anything outside are going to rob you!!!

DC throws some benefits around with very little behavior and social programs attached and wonder why nothing changes.

What would solve a lot of this is if they expanded the teen summer job program that guarantees people from 14-24 jobs during the summer. Make it all year round and I bet there would be a major change.

A lot of these teens come from really bad homes. The city should be offering bonuses for parenting classes to anyone receiving benefits in poor parts of the city.

Tie school attendance to benefits and see how ish changes.

People have known what’s wrong with DC for decades. Grinding generational poverty a stones throw from incredible wealth. Fix the poverty. Move low income residents to less concentrated areas.
I’ve BEEN saying this. Tie benefits to school attendance!!!!

HoodFeminist

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,549 1,089 256
Alleybux
It’s the same thing where I am, news stories everyday. Can’t go a day without seeing a car speeding down the belt line with no license plate.

nicsala

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,381 425 170
Alleybux
I don’t trust any police chief who thinks this is just the result of “they like to do it” with no other analysis as to why children from
abusive homes in high poverty areas are committing crimes. How dumb can you be?
Sh*t has been shut down, kids have few outlets in parts of the city where there wasn’t much to do in the first place. The disparity between gentrified DC and old DC is wider than ever and as long as the inequality stays that way, young people from areas with little infrastructure beyond fast food joints and sitting on stoops and no exposure to anything outside are going to rob you!!!

DC throws some benefits around with very little behavior and social programs attached and wonder why nothing changes.

What would solve a lot of this is if they expanded the teen summer job program that guarantees people from 14-24 jobs during the summer. Make it all year round and I bet there would be a major change.

A lot of these teens come from really bad homes. The city should be offering bonuses for parenting classes to anyone receiving benefits in poor parts of the city.

Tie school attendance to benefits and see how ish changes.

People have known what’s wrong with DC for decades. Grinding generational poverty a stones throw from incredible wealth. Fix the poverty. Move low income residents to less concentrated areas.
On another day I might agree with you but today I'm dealing with my relatives now totaled car after some kids carjacked an out of state driver and smashed up her car and that of 3 of our neighbors. So yeah it's fµck these criminals today. They aren't robbing to eat or survive they are literally stealing and destroying for joy rides. Not even chopping the damn cars.