Quantcast

2021 Glow Up thread

anna7

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,262 3,551 483
Alleybux
What are y’all doing right now to glow up??? Let’s motivate each other!!

Right now I’m trying to recomp my body, so lose fat and gain muscle. Been doing workouts 3-4x a week and then I’ll do some walking up these big ass hills where I live. They really help with booty gains!

- finally getting my teeth fixed. This will help my confidence so much! I’m excited.

- trying to work on my wardrobe.

buttahpecan_

lsa’s resident sweetheart.
Reaction score
Reactions
194,150 5,964 1,501
Alleybux
I want to start wearing cuter clothes and clothes with my body out but whenever I put something cute on I cover it with a jacket or something

I definitely want to work on my confidence

I want to start going to the gym to tone and I also want to gain 10-15 pounds

Reaction score
Reactions
2,943 27 4
Alleybux
Love it! Toning up, eating right and working on a new wardrobe as well. I gained weight on my small frame and worked hard to get it off. I started a self love journey by getting rid of all things toxic...people, places and things! I really look forward to my future 2021 and beyond.

Selina Kyle II

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
240,537 3,713 1,083
Alleybux
Get back to eating right and exercising regularly.

Grow my hair and nails out and do better with keeping them done.

Getting my finances in order.

leblumeii

im cute.
Reaction score
Reactions
319,187 4,803 2,013
Alleybux
So far in 2020, I:
  • Finished my Invisalign so my gaps are gone from my teeth and they're completely straight
  • Got LASIK eye surgery (can see around 20/10)
  • Lost the 10lbs I gained during quarantine lmao
  • Grew my hair out so much it's insane, my edges are extra thick
Moving forward, I will:
  • Lose 10 more lbs... which should be done by the end of this month at this rate lmao
  • 26 inch - > 24.5 inch waist at the end of my weight loss journey (Go from a size 4, back to a size 2 basically)
  • Do more stretching, walking and yoga/pilates for exercise. I want to take a poledancing class next year but need more money for that
  • Get a boob job in the beginning of December, want to go from a 32B to a 32D
  • Get rid of dark spots on face (from acne) and legs (from mosquito bites :()
  • Go from having an oily to normal skin type
  • Continue curating my wardrobe
  • Get to 20-22 inches of healthy, even hair by next year October
  • Get a new job and make more money, the ULTIMATE glow up lmfao

Honey4

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
183,475 8,805 4,478
Alleybux
building a capsule wardrobe of quality clothes, brought a clothing rack and wooden hangers to separate all the "valuable" pieces.

growing out my hair to get permanent loc extensions

making sure to get mostly facials, nails, and waxes

vsantiaga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,802 121 47
Alleybux
Lose a some weight, tone up, lift my booty. I desperately need a new wardrobe. I am also growing out my hair, I want to wear my hair long again. I injured myself pretty bad so I am taking it slow with exercising but I doing 15 min cardio and some weights. Clear up my dark spots. I want to try lash extensions too, the pretty natural ones.

Lilmisspriss

Pettiness has no curfew.
Reaction score
Reactions
145,542 3,765 318
Alleybux
  • Lose 8 more lbs to get to my goal weight (already lost 47)
  • Define my abs
  • Clear up my skin
  • Get my breast lift (already scheduled)
  • Change my style (already started my capsule wardrobe)

galore

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,722 346 41
Alleybux
-Lose this quarantine weight
-Work on clearing up my skin
-Refreshing my wardrobe

cutechica

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,226 80 29
Alleybux
  • Define my abs
  • Clear up my skin
Yay for the breast lift & clear skin. Those are my goals too.

If you don’t mind me asking who is doing your breast lift?

renky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,408 528 333
Alleybux
-Updating my wardrobe
-Getting better with makeup
-Getting better with styling my hair
-Building my jewelry collection

two words

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,901 1,079 579
Alleybux
  • Define my abs
  • Clear up my skin

I came in here to say breast lift. Think that's going to be my Christmas gift to myself next year. So I guess more like 2022 glow up, lol. Also, congrats on the 55 lbs you dropped.

saywhatyouwant

Melaninaire
Reaction score
Reactions
124,571 5,835 617
Alleybux
Continue toning up
Figure out what's going on with my hair so I can get past this length plateau
Update my wardrobe
Stop forgetting to wear perfume/update perfume collection with better scents

tomboy149

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,090 95 46
Alleybux
  • Find my personal style. I'm 31 and still wear sweats.
  • Learn how to silk press my hair.
  • Grow 2 inches of healthy hair by Christmas
  • Get a breast lift.
  • Get my slim thick body back.
  • Learn the art of natural makeup.
  • Increase xes appeal.
  • Grow my businesses.
  • Find a schedule that works.
  • Find and make friends.

CatchThesehandsHOE

Material Girl...lol not really
Reaction score
Reactions
22,819 551 268
Alleybux
Starting a career that I enjoy
Losing 10lbs
Toning my arms and sculpting my butt
I want to get better at putting my outfits to get.
Wearing my clothes instead of leaving them in my closet.
Going to therapy
Learning to drive
Working on self love and self care
Working on getting my hair back to it's full potential
Making friends
Finding things I enjoy to do (taking myself out, getting new hobbies)
Being open to new opportunities &
letting go of fear & doubt

Hibiscuits

The Biggest Waste of Space
Reaction score
Reactions
26,235 817 536
Alleybux
Nothing too much rn, tbh.

I really want to be doing something, but the way school got my mental health? Tuh.

Anyway, when I get into a better headspace, I want to:

• Start exercising, less focus on losing weight, and more focus on toning up. I feel like the weight will drop off eventually, but being flabby and pudgy is not the move!(n) Maybe I'll get back into dancing or zumba. Maybe get into a sport? The gym is nice, but after the whole COVID thing? It made me realize how many germs are probably hiding in some people's sweat. Nooo thanks lol
  • Also focusing on fitness, I want to get back into my soda and processed juice ban. 2019 and 2020 caught me slipping, but now that I got better at it, I want to replace soda and really sugary juices you can buy at the store, with exclusively, smoothies, tea, and water.
  • Get my wardrobe together. My momma and I love fast fashion, and shopping so it's hard. I'm always getting new sh!t even though I don't need it, and it makes me look so incoherent and all over the place. But next year I REALLY want to make an effort to buy more high quality pieces that can be used universally. Rn I've began to donate the things I find myself not wearing, and even growing out of before wearing.
  • I want to work on feeling more put together. I already started, but I want to get more into fragrances to wear before the house I'm at least wearing some staples: polished nails, a nice perfume that matches my vibe/outfit, hoop earrings (big or small), a nice necklace, a nice bracelet. Rebuilding a good reliable jewelry and perfume collection is def on my radar because my momma had one, and now I want one. I don't really go out, but I want to start to. So like, if and when more things begin to open, I'm hoping that I can get a staple collection I can whip out to impress people like BAM! You know? As for perfumes, I found that Dossier thread, so as a brokeish college kid I'm ready to go IN. I already have a scent on my radar!
  • Less focus on skincare 2021 onward, and more focus on upping my looks with makeup. I feel like I perfected my routine for now, and I'm happy with what my skin has become. No breakouts unless I grabbed a bad sunscreen or started my period. Now that my skin is smooth (save for like 2 bumps I may have to go to a dermatologist for), my focus is now on learning simple makeup! I'm hoping to get better at eyeshadow, eyebrow, and blush application. Hopefully the cream trend helps me improve my makeup skills since cream might be easier to control than powders.
  • Speaking about mental health, I want to get into yoga. I heard it gives you a glow, tones you up, and improves flexibility. That seemed nice. So maybe I'll make an effort to do it once a week starting in mid-November to December all the into 2021.
  • Also, I want to get into the habit of self coping. I find that I get into really dark places if I let my mind wonder too far, but I never TRULY found a way to deal with that without contemplating killing myself or some sh!t. Anyway, when it comes to glowing up, I can see how it's reflected into my physical appearance (I look dull and washed out, my dark circles are more apparent). Hopefully I can get that in check so I can get a ~glow~ and actually start living my life (I say this every year, but idk. Covid really knocked something in me lol)
I always come into these threads dreaming of so much, but I end up only doing one thing. :ROFLMAO: Baby steps, I guess lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
5,695 238 5
Alleybux
*Lose the 10lbs. I've gained these past few months. People tell me they can't see it but I know it and see it!

*Grow my hair 3''-4''.

*I have a few dark spots from pimples that I want to exfoliate and lighten.

*Get a better job with a pay increase and where I'm comfortable with my workload. My current job is stressing me out!

*Pay off my last credit card.

*Save at least $5,000.00 for an emergency fund.

*Start reading and writing again.

*Continue working on bettering myself mentally and focusing on all the amazing things I have. Comparison is the thief of joy.

I'm going to continue to budget, no impulse shopping, and cooking at home to save money.

anna7

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,262 3,551 483
Alleybux
How much water do you guys drink? I hate how I notice such a difference in my face when I drink a lot. My face retains water so easily. Annoying as hell

TheUltimateRush

Electric Relaxation
Reaction score
Reactions
34,159 600 83
Alleybux
I’ve been participating in these threads since about 2016 and I always fall off. This time round, I’m going to come back to share goals I’ve achieved and I hope that will help keep me more disciplined.

Koko94

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

Right now I’m trying to recomp my body, so lose fat and gain muscle. Been doing workouts 3-4x a week and then I’ll do some walking up these big ass hills where I live. They really help with booty gains!

- finally getting my teeth fixed. This will help my confidence so much! I’m excited.

I’m trying to do the same thing girl! Lose weight, actually eating a more plant based diet, and getting my teeth close to perfect and revamping my wardrobe. I refuse to look cheap. I’m graduating college next year and I want to look more professional for the career I’m going into.

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,162 3,085 528
Alleybux
I have to lose this weight. Goal weight is 140-150lbs. Tight toned and perky.

Using mostly natural products for hair and skin.

Slight minimalism. I am gonna purge and only keep items I love and am obsessed with.

Skin...clear skin. Buying natural products and good tools to help. Home facials. When covid turns around gonna find a good place to go to.

Hair... All natural. Actually have a regimen and only use products that are my holy grails

Teeth... Either invisalign or smile direct. I wanna close up my gap a bit.

Toes... My feet been jacked since the military. So gonna be consistent with the natural home remedies. Get a medical pedicure. L

Clothes. Quality pieces. Mix of vintage, staple and trendy. But only from brands I know are good for me.

Health... More plant based. Stop eating out so much. Go back to using my green powders and smoothies. Water mostly. Wine ever so often.

Cont my laser hair removal

Therapy... Gonna be consistent.

Self care... Journaling, yoga and reading.

Finally get my cover up tattoos and piercings.

Jewelry. Continue with my vintage collection which is awesome. Lol.

Get into some natural make up.

willijas02

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,964 1,687 786
Alleybux
- I plan to find a job that allows me to save a lot of money while I complete my BA in accounting.

- Just changed my career from nursing to accounting. I couldn't see myself mopping up piss, blood, and being discriminated and looked down on by doctors and patients. Accounting fits my introverted, personality. Plus I like investing, saving money, and have entrepreneur dreams.

- I'm also getting my body together. Not sure how many pounds I lost, but I can definitely see a difference. I've stopped working out, but I am Intermittent fasting most days and drinking copious amounts of water.

- I'm dating after I lose weight. I feel like I know who I am now and what I will and will not tolerate. I think I fully shed my girlhood and blossoming into the woman I want to be. I don't want to be as thick and curvy. Goal is be slightly curvy with some muscle.

-I will get back into my hobbies like investing, archery, and I also want to start a youtube channel and curate an instagram.

- Health wise, I've stopped ordering door dash. I cook my foods now. I mostly make Jamaican foods now like jerk salmon and chicken cabbage, and plantain. I eat fruits and vegetables every day now. Most of my digestive issues and heavy breathing due to over eating have stopped.

- I want to travel to Thailand.

-2019 I improved my depression mental health and I feel emotionally strong and can do anything. 2020 is almost gone, but I am still pushing to accomplish my wants and dreams.

Hibiscuits

The Biggest Waste of Space
Reaction score
Reactions
26,235 817 536
Alleybux
How much water do you guys drink? I hate how I notice such a difference in my face when I drink a lot. My face retains water so easily. Annoying as hell
Personally I try to get in at least two bottles of water a day. At most a gallon, but usually I don't have the time for that. Plus, I don't like going to the bathroom 24/7.

My face retains more salt than water, but I do notice that when I don't drink enough water my hair feels dry, my skin feel and looks dry (especially my lips), and my face looks duller than usual.

Sometimes if I'm bored of water, I'll try to get my hydration on by drinking unsweetened, non caffeinated herbal tea bc that's basically healthy leaf water, right? Lol

Last edited:

anna7

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,262 3,551 483
Alleybux
I’m shoooook at my results of working at home and adding more protein. I just have to do better with my diet altogether

I’m getting a couple journals to help. For me writing stuff done and having to do lists keeps me going. I also have ADHD so it’s necessary.

I’m going to keep a food/exercise journal to see how much I’m really eating and what’s actually working for me.

Then I’ll have another one for general goals and my thoughts to help with my anxiety. I’ll keep track of my overall glow up goals s well :heart: You guys should try it! It helps my mood a lot.

ariessun

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
691 4
Alleybux
  • lose 30 more lbs - I've lost 30lbs already just by cutting out soda and beef
  • juicing - I still haven't bought a juicer yet
  • yoga and meditation
  • tailor my outfits
  • do my own acrylic manicures and pedicures
  • learn to do my own braids and wigs
  • makeup - I like the model makeup trend currently and it fits my face really well
  • get my own place
  • find a new hobby
  • donate to a charity/cause
  • keep a mood journal
  • be financially comfortable

lover86

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,828 658 141
Alleybux
- Get back into skincare

wash face twice a day
moisturize once a day
exfoliate when needed
Do facial steaming on a regular basid
Get back to doing my at home spa day facial . I usually just look up a tutorial on YouTube from a professional

- Learn how to dress for my shape . I want to be that well dressed woman whenever I have to go out to a fancy event or even if it's simple like church or an interview . I notice some women got this down good and seem like they can be the full package ( hair done or at least styled neatly , beautiful makeup and heels)for any occasion.

-Start wearing heels more when it's approriate. I also want some low heels to wear on a casual day when I just need something extra

Gavin Malachi

The Dreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
16,765 518 33
Alleybux
My biggest goals from now on are:
1) getting my mental health in order. I was diagnosed with depression by a psychiatrist. Told me I was one of the most severe cases of depression she has diagnosed, which may sound harsh, but was honestly a relief for me. Now I had a reason for my behavior and mental state and now I’m trying to find methods to cope. Covid put a damper on my therapy sessions, but I just started back up with teleconference sessions last week. And I had an appointment today with the office’s nurse who prescribed me some meds to try to help me with my mood and B.E.D. So fingers crossed I’ll have a solid routine by the end of this year that I can carry on into 2021.
2) Finances: I’m building back up my credit after some financial hardships. I want to get my credit score into the 730s by the end of 2021. I also started the savings challenge with my mom and brother last week and am looking to invest a little. I also want to sell my car by the end of May and use what I was paying for my car note and insurance towards my savings as well.
3) School: I want to figure out what it is I want to do as far as a career and decide on a major for graduate school. I’m stuck between trying to major in something that sounds “interesting” and will provide good income and something that I know I enjoy studying but not sure how to mold that interest into a career. I need to decide on something quick, as I want to enroll in the upcoming spring semester.
4) Physical health: I’ve gained over 50 lbs over the past two years and it’s taking a physical and mental toll on my body. I can’t fit most of my clothes and I don’t like what I see in the mirror. I feel sluggish and drained a lot and most importantly, I want to avoid diseases that are due to poor eating and exercise habits, as well as genetics. So I have a litany of doctors appointments and tests coming up to see where my health is standing and start meal planning again. I’m trying to ween myself off sweets, carbs and ordering take out. This journey is going to be strenuous, but so worth it at the end for the betterment of myself physically, mentally and spiritually.

ToriKink32

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,332 480 166
Alleybux
So far in 2020, I:
  • Finished my Invisalign so my gaps are gone from my teeth and they're completely straight
  • Got LASIK eye surgery (can see around 20/10)
  • Lost the 10lbs I gained during quarantine lmao
  • Grew my hair out so much it's insane, my edges are extra thick
Moving forward, I will:
  • Lose 10 more lbs... which should be done by the end of this month at this rate lmao
  • 26 inch - > 24.5 inch waist at the end of my weight loss journey (Go from a size 4, back to a size 2 basically)
  • Do more stretching, walking and yoga/pilates for exercise. I want to take a poledancing class next year but need more money for that
  • Get a boob job in the beginning of December, want to go from a 32B to a 32D
  • Get rid of dark spots on face (from acne) and legs (from mosquito bites :()
  • Go from having an oily to normal skin type
  • Continue curating my wardrobe
  • Get to 20-22 inches of healthy, even hair by next year October
  • Get a new job and make more money, the ULTIMATE glow up lmfao
What did you do for hair growth?

SolasLaNehn

"When he rises, all shall see."
Reaction score
Reactions
77,961 1,793 826
Alleybux
Build back the tone I lost in quarantine. I'm already thin so it's just a matter of regular exercise. Use tretinoin. Get a corset: Goal is to get from 25 to 22 inches.

The real glow-up I need is more about life experience rather than looks. I'm too stagnant, comfortable, and sheltered. I intended to throw myself face-first into a lot of fresh, new, scary, and exciting experiences but COVID fµcked up a lot of plans I had for this year. Hopefully I can make it up next year.

Last edited:

badgurlsclub

$ the only thing that make$ sense
Reaction score
Reactions
32,368 607 172
Alleybux
Start back going out more
Reclaim being THAT b!tch!
Be on my grown and sexy
Get back to my ideal weight/shape
Build my brand and my business
Stack my bread :love::X3:

Mightymouse1

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,709 2
Alleybux
Reading lots of comments about clearing up your skin!

My savior is A313! My skin is naturally super dry, my break out areas are my cheeks and my chin/jaw line for the most part. But a pea size nightly use of A313 cleared my skin up entirely!

Here's some more info about A313 - I buy it off Amazon/Ebay (Double check the comments on the seller bc there's lots of scammers with this product!)

A313 Vitamin A Pommade 200.000 UI

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theskincareedit.com/.amp/a313-pommade

Also if your skin does break out, try an elimination diet. During this quarantine I realized dairy products and hot sauce would destroy my skin, cut both out of my diet & it really helped too!

Last edited:

ToriKink32

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,332 480 166
Alleybux
  • Prioritizing my mental health
  • Lose AND maintain 10-15 lbs
  • Lipo or Invisalign (maybe)
  • Solidify a skincare regimen
  • Grow out edges
  • Continue investing/develop other streams of income
  • New wardrobe
  • Vacation more
  • Finish BSN

Whoisshetho

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,543 293 74
Alleybux
The past 12 months have been really challenging. I’m depressed and anxious, and trying to keep my chin up and remain positive in spite of it all. For 2021, I will

1. Get serious about my second income stream.

2. Forgive myself. I’m coming out of an almost 10 year relationship that damn near broke my spirit. Throw in the financial impact and it’s hard some days to have any positive thoughts about myself. I started reading positive affirmations and just repeating them. I’m going to keep saying it until I believe it.

3. Lose 50-60 lbs.

4. More reading, less tv and social media.

5. Establish firm boundaries.

6. SLEEP.

7. See my therapist consistently.

8. Talk to God more.

9. Build a better wardrobe. Less labels, more style.

10. Take better care of my skin.

11. Stack money. Count it, then stack more.

yunalesca

Guardian of Spira
Reaction score
Reactions
4,622 16 5
Alleybux
I've managed to make some changes to my goals and accomplished some of them

So far:
+ Lost some of the weight I put on last year.
+ Continued to do things that made me happy- lash extensions, regular manicures
+ Electrolysis which worked a treat for facial hair.
+ Worked on my skin, faded the permatan and hyperpigmentation on my face by being diligent with facial peels and skincare.
+ Focused on my attitude, self esteem and feel more comfortable in vocalising my boundaries and standing up for myself
+ Learnt not to indulge in the BS

But for 2021, I want to continue:
+ I have been complacent this few weeks but going to be starting back on my diet and lose the last 10 pounds
+ I want thicker edges. Going to look into PRP for hair growth
+ PRP also for face, helping prevent lines and wrinkles
+ Get my teeth done to have a more even smile
+ Laser hair removal for my legs and bikini line

Cinnaninja

tikka
Reaction score
Reactions
1,386 17 5
Alleybux

I recently started the 20/4 intermittent fast
Starting a gallon a day challenge til the end of the year
Chloe Tings 4 week summer shred
About to get lipo cavitation and laser so hopefully that helps reduce my fat in my mid section
Im currently 5’4 157lbs but I want to be 130lbs

Didimimi

President of the LSA History Art and Culture Club
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
My problem is having uneven skin tone. My face is darker than the rest of my body....
If I could fix that things would be better

TruGemini

EyeWishUHeaven333
Reaction score
Reactions
44,093 437 109
Alleybux
I'm going to continue my spiritual journey and cutting off toxic people.
I work overnights taking crisis calls, I just started doing isolated exercises in between calls. I wanted to get super toned. I also want to drink more water to keep my skin clear and maintain overall health.
I need to save more money.

The Culture

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom