MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,067 63 8
Alleybux
End of 2020/2021

- more laser sessions on my tonsils
- microneedling done by a professional
- gum contouring (if not too expensive, appointment soon!)
- keep my hair in low manipulation styles so it can grow a few more inches to APL
- get my driving licence. I have anxiety and I live in a city where driving is not necessary, I still want to work on this and achieve this goal! I have been seeing a therapist for years but for this I am thinking about hypnosis.
- new job that leaves me some time for my artistic projects

Good luck everyone, I will be back! :heart:

It’s only January and I already crossed things off my list, I started with the easy stuff, let’s see:

- tonsils are done!

- I had my 1st micro needling session two weeks ago but I haven’t seen any result yet. I am waiting a bit before I see any improvement and if I don’t I will look up other treatments I could get done this year

- gum contouring/ gum lift is done! I just got it done today and my front teeth look so much better, they don’t look as small and square-ish as before.I felt like she could laser off a bit more but she advised I wait at least a month and come back if I feel they are still too small.

:) :)

VitaminDeeAnna

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,963 15
Alleybux
Hi all. I know we talk about external glow ups but lets not forget to work on our internal glow ups and our mindsets. I've signed up with a life coach and start in a weeks time. She's given us a book list to read. One of the books is Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. I recommend it. It not only focuses on financial abundance but applies to other areas of our life

I wholeheartedly agree and thank you for the book recommendation. I've been working on my internal glow-up/mindset for a couple years now. Ever since I watched "The Secret" movie, my mindset has completely changed - for the better. I also watch videos from the Proctor Gallagher Institute, Mark Haughton/Deliberate Creators, and The School of Greatness on Youtube.

MiseryChick

Cafe Disaffecto
Reaction score
Reactions
10,562 221 25
Alleybux
- Losing the holiday weight
- Decluttering my apartment
- Cleaning up my wardrobe
- Keeping up with my skincare routine
- Continuing with my reading list
- Learn how to skate

ropasi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,007 56 10
Alleybux
I'm late as a mugg but here anyway lol

-do more self work along with my counseling appts (I only see her every other week currently b/c that's just how booked appts are now)

-work on building strength thru yoga and bands (I've been sick and feel i have even less muscle than before which is detrimental to my already low energy self)

-get those adult appointments done (dentist, passport/ID, labs)

- have a steady self care fund (for treatments and small scale experiences)

- acquire a f/t job that doesn't freak me out and that way I am feel financially secure

- pay more attention to takeout choices and remembering balance. also keeping a log if any particular food adversely affects my body so I can avoid it

- go into hyper alert with my skin. be more steady with a regimen. getting eczema which usually happens in the summer and these mask drying my face out even more

-express myself more with my clothes which also means curating my wardrobe (been slacking on reselling/donating too). and being intentional about purchases

MelaninMagick

Black is Magick
Reaction score
Reactions
13,410 462 455
Alleybux
I started keto today, was going to ease into it but I'm ready to be my best NOW lol

I've been watching Forex vids like crazy; all this info and I'm not even comfy to start trading with my dummy accounts lol

I wrote out a workout and dance/flexibility training schedule that I was supposed 2 start today (but I didn't of course lol smh)

I'm still listening to affirmations all day and before bed, excited 4 when the things I have 2 do that I don't like to, become 2nd nature

Tomorrow I start meditating daily again, at least 5 min 2 start and build the habit

Rachel1992

Danish
Reaction score
Reactions
1,572 135 35
Alleybux
I’ve started going on walks, so I reach my goal of 10.000 steps a day, more or less.
My gym posted it as challenges, so members can win prizes, and it has really helped my health and psyche.

I have also lost 4 pounds. It’s not a lot, but it’s a start, and with my smartwatch, I now know how many calories I burn a day, and it made me start to think a little bit about my Food intake.

i switched birth control, so I can possibly get rid of my migraines.
And I paid off a lot of my debt, so I will be debtfree by july or so!

also, my dentist is looking into getting me braces, so that would be great.

BrownCapital

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,345 1,900 1,905
Alleybux
What are y’all doing right now to glow up??? Let’s motivate each other!!

Right now I’m trying to recomp my body, so lose fat and gain muscle. Been doing workouts 3-4x a week and then I’ll do some walking up these big ass hills where I live. They really help with booty gains!

- finally getting my teeth fixed. This will help my confidence so much! I’m excited.

- trying to work on my wardrobe.

I’ve started going on walks, so I reach my goal of 10.000 steps a day, more or less.
My gym posted it as challenges, so members can win prizes, and it has really helped my health and psyche.

I have also lost 4 pounds. It’s not a lot, but it’s a start, and with my smartwatch, I now know how many calories I burn a day, and it made me start to think a little bit about my Food intake.

i switched birth control, so I can possibly get rid of my migraines.
And I paid off a lot of my debt, so I will be debtfree by july or so!

also, my dentist is looking into getting me braces, so that would be great.

I just started my Invisalign process today. In about 4 months I should have a new smile.

Tea181

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,921 112 37
Alleybux
I love this thread, it’s so motivating!

I want to...
- Cut my hair (I’ve never been to a salon so I’m really nervous, but I made a consult appointment for next Friday!)
- Get a new job & new apartment
- Lose 20-25 lbs.
- Grow my side-hustle to 5-figures a quarter
- Start wearing tighter clothes
- Work on my confidence and imposter syndrome

TheQueenOfQueens21

I just be lurkin.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I've been in a bad case of depression for years now and I fell off of everything. Hygeine, hobbies, journaling, dressing up, working out, makeup, hair, etc. Just everything I was passionate about. My glow up this year involves taking care of my mental health which is going better than expected so far and slowly working my way back into a routine by the end of the year. I have high standards for myself that may be a little tough to fall into right away, but a little bootcamp never hurt. It's all in self love. I'm doing all of this without therapy, just figuring it out on my own.

My detailed goals are:

♡ Get back to showering twice a day
♡ Remember to do my oral hygiene and skincare routine at night too
♡ Workout every day, even if it's just a walk, it's more about fitness than aesthetics
♡ Stop wearing my husband's big t shirts and boxers as loungewear, I ain't no Felicia! Lmao
♡ Journal every morning, writing down things I am grateful for and small goals to complete throughout the day
♡ Read at least a Bible verse a day, God gave me so many things I asked for, I can at least give him that until I can do more
♡ Repeat my list of positive affirmations to myself a few times a week
♡ Develop a whole new fashion style that reflects who I am
♡ Start wearing high heels again
♡ Weekly facials and eyebrow upkeep
♡ Weekly mani/pedi
♡ Take better care of my hair, plus have a new style
♡ Consistently sign on to my online bookkeeping classes
♡ Finish my online classes so that I can allow myself to get my real estate license as well
♡ MOVE TF OUT
♡ Invest in more stocks!
♡ Get a Tesla or Mercedes
♡ Build up my nonexistent credit
♡ Stop ruminating on the toxic people I have or will be cutting out of my life and on my toxic childhood
♡ I have "lost" my hobbies and need to find them again, or find new ones.
♡ Find things that help me decompress, like coloring books or meditation for those times I am really stressed and feel like shutting down.
♡ ACTUALLY POST ON IG
♡ Start this YT channel once I'm settled with all of this cus I have some really good self care tips but I need to do better for myself first
♡ Stop being ashamed of my depression and how it has affected me. It happens and it's okay. Life isn't always easy, and those who wanna try to pick on me because of it obviously don't understand and their ignorance to the subject is not my fault. I will not take them trying to make themselves feel superior personally. Because that speaks more about them than me.

That's all I got so far and tbh I think that's all I need for the year. I have a baby coming so I don't want to overwhelm myself too much. It's hard enough as is. And that's okay.

Farashalady

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,410 389 257
Alleybux
I was doing good but then I fell off. I want to glow up inside and out and it’s hard as hell.

anyway.what can I use for really dark ankles? Do you think I can use glycolic acid for them? And then moisturizer?

StyleWh0re

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
450 14
Alleybux
  • Graduate in May with my BSN
  • Lose 10lbs
  • Be consistent with skincare routine
  • Protect my mental health
  • Get arm lipo

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,060 1,837 896
Alleybux
My glow up so far: depression.

I need to get my motivation back but everything is such a struggle at the moment.

cocoadiva33

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,786 423 31
Alleybux
2021 Glow up goals:

1.Maintain working out 3 X a week. More if I can squeeze it in.
2. Invest in quality skincare ( ill be 46 this month and I want my skin to be flawless)
3. Establish firm boundaries ( my boundaries are weak as sh!t because of me being so nice and laid back)
4. Find my signature style ( I'm tired of wearing jeans all the time. I want to find me some cute sundresses especially now that spring is almost here.
5. I hope that my braces come off this year...I'm over it!!
6. Drink more water!!
7. Stay on track with my financial goals and be debt free before the year is out.

CreativeOne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,245 1,505 72
Alleybux
2021 Glow up goals:

1.Maintain working out 3 X a week. More if I can squeeze it in.
2. Invest in quality skincare ( ill be 46 this month and I want my skin to be flawless)
3. Establish firm boundaries ( my boundaries are weak as sh!t because of me being so nice and laid back)
4. Find my signature style ( I'm tired of wearing jeans all the time. I want to find me some cute sundresses especially now that spring is almost here.
5. I hope that my braces come off this year...I'm over it!!
6. Drink more water!!
7. Stay on track with my financial goals and be debt free before the year is out.

You and have almost the exact same list! Except #5. I had braces when I was a teen. Best of luck to you!

Muffy_Crosswire

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
  • Lose 15 pounds
  • Be consistent with my sunscreen use
  • Attempt to get rid of most of my PIE
  • Update my closet
  • Take better care of my care
  • Focus on my mental health
  • Drink more water
  • Exercise at least 4 times a week

charr23

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,400 114 29
Alleybux
I always lurk these threads they are so motivating. I am in a bit a of a slump currently and so I figured I would put out in writing what I hope to accomplish this year.

-Graduate successfully from my post-grad program
-Obtain a six figure job by the end of the year
-Significantly reduce/completely eliminate my social media/watching tv
-Wake up at 5 am everyday
-Get to my goal weight - 150lbs by my birthday
-Improve my running to 5k every other day
-Improve my eating habits significantly, more fruits and veggies
-Grow my hair and also learn how to slay a frontal
-Move into my dream condo in my ideal neighbourhood
-curate my wardrobe to be more put together. I have been working on this for a while.
-Learn how to drive (finally)
-Improve my mindset to be more ambitious, more abundant and to be more happy to not take any day for granted. I also want to have a life filled with love, laughter and true joy, to let my painful past go and step into a new me. A happier me. I want to believe in myself again and be more driven again.

Wishing all you ladies all the best this year <3

charr23

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,400 114 29
Alleybux
I always lurk these threads they are so motivating. I am in a bit a of a slump currently and so I figured I would put out in writing what I hope to accomplish this year.

-Graduate successfully from my post-grad program
-Obtain a six figure job by the end of the year
-Significantly reduce/completely eliminate my social media/watching tv
-Wake up at 5 am everyday
-Get to my goal weight - 150lbs by my birthday
-Improve my running to 5k every other day
-Improve my eating habits significantly, more fruits and veggies
-Grow my hair and also learn how to slay a frontal
-Move into my dream condo in my ideal neighbourhood
-curate my wardrobe to be more put together. I have been working on this for a while.
-Learn how to drive (finally)
-Improve my mindset to be more ambitious, more abundant and to be more happy to not take any day for granted. I also want to have a life filled with love, laughter and true joy, to let my painful past go and step into a new me. A happier me. I want to believe in myself again and be more driven again.

Wishing all you ladies all the best this year <3

TheQueenOfQueens21

I just be lurkin.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I was doing good but then I fell off. I want to glow up inside and out and it’s hard as hell.

anyway.what can I use for really dark ankles? Do you think I can use glycolic acid for them? And then moisturizer?

I've never used glycolic acid so I can't say for that. However I have gotten rid of many darkened areas on my skin with a simple scrub. Olive oil and sea salt or even better, himalayan pink salt. Sometimes as quick as a week. I use it on my whole body BEFORE I shave (salt burns cuts, open skin but gets you way silkier than sugar). If you're skin can handle it do it everyday. At least on the spots you would want more evened out or softer like your spots on your ankles, knees, elbows, hands, etc. And if you do it before you shave you get a closer shave because there is no dead skin blocking you. If you have keratosis pilaris aka chicken skin it also helps smooth that out a lot. My hubby has it on his arms and it's done wonders for him.

healthytech

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
318 75 50
Alleybux
I need help w a glow up, I wanna look good when I go back to school so hoes aren't clowning:

BrownCapital

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,345 1,900 1,905
Alleybux
I need help w a glow up, I wanna look good when I go back to school so hoes aren't clowning:

Have you heard of gigitheblackbarbie? She’s on Tik tok, Instagram and YouTube. You need to learn how to do your makeup like her.

You have a similar face to hers.

Justalady

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Part 1 of my Glow Up - In Progress

1. I just did my first microblading session. I go back in a month or two for my second session.
2. NMT Therapy, Massage, Compression Therapy, and Assisted Stretching to get my flexibility back
3. I just bought a treadmill and it is being delivered shortly. I am going to create a workout/nutrition plan to get this weight off and keep my curves.
4. Skin - Microneedling from a dermatologist with monthly facials from her team. Restart my normal skin routine as well.
5. Cellulite treatments
6. Hair cut from Natural Hair Salon and start my natural hair routine. Buy a headband wig/baseball wig just for now. I don't really go anywhere right now, so I can lay low with these wigs if I need to get groceries or something.
7. More frequent Mani's & Pedis.

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,153 1,465 277
Alleybux
My skin has had a major setback. Idk what happened but I had a massive breakout along both jawlines that took forever to clear up. I now am left with uneven skin and dark spots. *Sigh* My skin was doing so well, have no ides where that flare up came from.

My 2021 glow up includes getting my skin under control, learning to slay a wig, losing 20-35 pounds and living my best life and stop caring what other people think.

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom