21 yr old Sha'Carri Richardson Makes Waves With Her 10.72 Speed in Latest Race

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
335,649 66,303 616
Alleybux
sha-carri-richardson-twitter-black-enterprise-960x540.jpg

An Olympic runner has gotten considerable attention based on her recent race that has the running world talking.

According to the Olympic Channel, 21-year-old Sha’Carri Richardson clocked a speed of 10.72 seconds to become the sixth-fastest woman in history with the fastest time ever in Miramar, Florida.

USA Track & Field tweeted the feat on its social media account.

Richardson is just behind the five fastest women: Florence Griffith Joyner, Carmelita Jeter, Marion Jones, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, and Elaine Thompson.

This is where Richardson now stands on the all-time list:
  1. 10.49 Florence Griffith-Joyner (1988)
  2. 10.64 Carmelita Jeter (2009)
  3. 10.65 Marion Jones (1998)
  4. 10.70 Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (2012)
  5. 10.70 Elaine Thompson (2016)
  6. 10.72 Sha’Carri Richardson (2021)
“I am getting ready to change the game and I am as good as I say I am. It’s something I haven’t really expected, something the world hasn’t been expecting,” the runner stated after her race.

“I just feel like it’s time to bring the respect that track and field deserves and I want people to know that I am going to use my platform and my talent and who I am to distribute that for track and field for the world.”

According to Louisiana State University (LSU), Richardson’s college alma mater, Richardson moved up from No. 9 on the all-time world list (10.75) to No. 6 on the all-time world list when she clocked at 10.72 seconds. Her previous personal best was when she was wearing an LSU uniform and she ran a time of 10.75 while running at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships. That was a collegiate record in the 100 meters race.

Her 10.72 seconds is the fastest time ever ran in world history this early in the season and is also the fastest time ever run by someone as young as 21. This marks the fastest time anyone has run since Rio Olympic champ Elaine Thompson-Herah ran a 10.70 back in 2016.

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
First, beautiful woman. Love her aesthetic and second, this woman is FAST! Is she from Louisiana? Can she catch Flo Jo? We will see but Sis is fierce.:heart:

thewholetruth

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,584 4,766 1,240
Alleybux
she will be the one to finally break flo jo record. if anyone ever needed even more proof that flo jo time was bogus. 33 years later, no one has came close. while on the mens side, times from 30 years ago aren't even top ten

ExquisiteMelanin

Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
she will be the one to finally break flo jo record. if anyone ever needed even more proof that flo jo time was bogus. 33 years later, no one has came close. while on the mens side, times from 30 years ago aren't even top ten
Flo Jo was just that blessed.

No one came close because they are not Flo Jo. Blessed from the GODS :heart:

Wishing Richardson all of the best. She might be able to catch her.:heart:

hershey sweet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,318 770 166
Alleybux
I am so excited for this young woman. I love watching track and field during the Olympics and want to learn more about the sport. But even I know that she lead the rest by a decent margin in that race.

Last edited:

Momi Dearest

Excuses do not excuse...
Reaction score
Reactions
35,633 891 212
Alleybux
I like her and I’m excited to see what she can do! Things hadn’t been looking that great right after she left LSU and then COVID hit. Glad to see her incredible confidence brimming again. She’s special.

I don’t know if anyone follows the sport that closely here but t&f has been plagued with peds forever. That record will never be got without assistance. Just my informed opinion. Lol...

I‘d love to see what someone can do without the help. I think Evelyn Ashford was clean her entire career and had a pb of 10.76. Ugh I can’t think of her name but she was eventually caught for using peds. Beloved sprinter, had to give her Olympic medals back. She couldn’t sniff that record... All this to say I dont think that women’s 100meter record is going anywhere and honestly don’t want it to.

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,413 1,354 37
Alleybux
Love it and look forward to what she does for the remainder of this season... she is one who this break may be more rest than rust... in 2019, after her long collegiate season, she didn't have much left in the tank for Nationals... however, someone tell the writer that Sha'Carri is an Olympic "hopeful" as she hasn't been on a senior team yet...

lfan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,406 1,063 62
Alleybux
I like her and I’m excited to see what she can do! Things hadn’t been looking that great right after she left LSU and then COVID hit. Glad to see her incredible confidence brimming again. She’s special.

I don’t know if anyone follows the sport that closely here but t&f has been plagued with peds forever. That record will never be got without assistance. Just my informed opinion. Lol...

I‘d love to see what someone can do without the help. I think Evelyn Ashford was clean her entire career and had a pb of 10.76. Ugh I can’t think of her name but she was eventually caught for using peds. Beloved sprinter, had to give her Olympic medals back. She couldn’t sniff that record... All this to say I dont think that women’s 100meter record is going anywhere and honestly don’t want it to.
ITA with everything you said. I am really happy for Sha'Carri as I recall some people started giving her a tough time for leaving LSU early and not hitting it right away as a pro.

I too think Ashford was clean. She was incredible. You are probably thinking of Marion Jones who got caught doping and had to give her medals back? That is one thing I always bring up when people want to say FloJo's 100 record was all doping. Yeah, she probably had some help but she wasn't the only one, and at the same time the peds are getting better and better and harder to detect, training methods keep improving, etc., yet after all these years no one else has come close to her? I think her own ability and Al Joyner's training have to get some credit too.

Patrick Star

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,805 1,504 1,688
Alleybux
She always has a bright wig on blonde or red. imo it looks ridiculous, I wish we’d embrace our natural beauty. I know I’ll get some groans but oh well, morality police your on a gossip site.

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,615 10,506 1,537
Alleybux
This girl is baaaaad.

Ive been running long distances for years (with the occasional short distance) and her speed makes my PB look like a straight up joke (not to mention that she is repping my undergrad alma mater...)

Beauty and speed...I look forward to watching her smoke!!!!!!

Last edited:

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,615 10,506 1,537
Alleybux
She always has a bright wig on blonde or red. imo it looks ridiculous, I wish we’d embrace our natural beauty. I know I’ll get some groans but oh well, morality police your on a gossip site.

At the risk of being rude, it is quite obvious that you do not know when to use you’re as opposed to your yet here you are, ignoring her accomplishments and commenting on her hair. Her hair does not define her and it is something that can change in the blink of an eye.

I am not going to groan you simply because you have provided me with a much needed chuckle.

Enjoy your evening.

Momi Dearest

Excuses do not excuse...
Reaction score
Reactions
35,633 891 212
Alleybux
ITA with everything you said. I am really happy for Sha'Carri as I recall some people started giving her a tough time for leaving LSU early and not hitting it right away as a pro.

I too think Ashford was clean. She was incredible. You are probably thinking of Marion Jones who got caught doping and had to give her medals back? That is one thing I always bring up when people want to say FloJo's 100 record was all doping. Yeah, she probably had some help but she wasn't the only one, and at the same time the peds are getting better and better and harder to detect, training methods keep improving, etc., yet after all these years no one else has come close to her? I think her own ability and Al Joyner's training have to get some credit too.
Yes! Marion, I can’t believe I couldn’t recall her name. I don’t believe the record was all doping but IMO it was definitely involved(allegedly). She was an incredible talent. I don’t want the record touched because this will be me and my family... :sidefrown:eyes:: unamused: lol

Patrick Star

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,805 1,504 1,688
Alleybux
At the risk of being rude, it is quite obvious that you do not know when to use you’re as opposed to your yet here you are, ignoring her accomplishments and commenting on her hair. Her hair does not define her and it is something that can change in the blink of an eye.

I am not going to groan you simply because you have provided me with a much needed chuckle.

Enjoy your evening.
lol I don’t care about your groans. Also thank you for correcting my grammar. At the end of the day ms uppity grammar police were both literally on a gossip site. If your so above it why are you here? Oh and seem you skipped over the comment I made earlier praising her. Again gossip site. Internet. Everyone can give their opinion as they please. If you don’t like it keep scrolling. Very simple concept to understand. Her hair is a hot mess. I said what I said.

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,615 10,506 1,537
Alleybux
lol I don’t care about your groans. Also thank you for correcting my grammar. At the end of the day ms uppity grammar police were both literally on a gossip site. If your so above it why are you here? Oh and [it] seem[s] [that] you skipped over the comment I made earlier praising her. Again gossip site. Internet. Everyone can give their opinion as they please. If you don’t like it keep scrolling. Very simple concept to understand. Her hair is a hot mess. I said what I said.

Since we are volunteering our personal opinions and standing by our statements, I am going to state that you sound saltier than seawater. If this was a drag thread, your observation would be appropriate but now is the time to give this girl her roses.

As you stated, this is the Internet...try not to get so triggered...okay?

I said what I said. No harm intended; it is all love.

Goodnight.

Last edited:

Patrick Star

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,805 1,504 1,688
Alleybux
Since we are giving opinions and standing by our statements, I am going to state that you sound saltier than seawater. I said what I said. No harm or foul intended; it is all love.

Goodnight.

it’s all love....take your church lady literature teacher shade and skedaddle. I’ll do it for you. Blocked. Weirdos on lsa.

thewholetruth

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,584 4,766 1,240
Alleybux
Flo Jo was just that blessed.

No one came close because they are not Flo Jo. Blessed from the GODS :heart:

Wishing Richardson all of the best. She might be able to catch her.:heart:
Flo jo was on an early version of the clear that they perfected a few years later.
they managed to detect it and planned to bust her the next season. USA track got the word and gave her a heads up. That’s why she abruptly retired when she was going to be the most lucrative track athlete ever the next year

the version of the drug she had damaged her heart

ExquisiteMelanin

Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
seiko-logo-white.svg
Countdown458d 17h 41m 16s
World Athletics Championships Oregon2215 Jul - 24 Jul 2022

Logo

News22 Oct 1998​

Autopsy proves Flo-Jo suffered an epileptic seizure - Nebiolo urges Media Restraint

Autopsy proves FloJo suffered an epileptic seizure - Nebiolo urges Media Restraint
23 October, 1998 -Monaco - Coroners investigating the death of sprint legend Florence Griffith Joyner on September 21 have announced that she died of suffocation in her sleep after suffering an epileptic fit.
Since Griffith Joyner’s death at her home in Mission Viejo, California, investigators have been trying to determine the cause. There has also been frenzied Media reporting about supposed heart problems and allegations that the world's fastest woman had suffered the ultimate side-effect from using performance-enhancing drugs during a career that peaked in 1988 when she won 100m and 200m Olympic gold and set two world records - both of which still stand.
But Orange County officials said yesterday that Griffith Joyner had a congenital brain abnormality known as cavernous angioma, said Dr. Barbara Zaias, one of the investigators. The condition allows blood to accumulate outside normal blood vessels in the brain or spinal tissue, and may be found in 0.25 percent of the population, she said. Once considered rare, it has been detected more often in recent years with the advent of CAT scans and other diagnostic tools. The seizure apparently struck during sleep, causing Griffith Joyner's limbs to tense. It possibly wrenched her head to the right as she lay on her stomach, said Dr. Richard Fukumoto, chief of forensics for the Orange County sheriff and coroner.

"In layman's terms, she suffocated," Fukumoto told reporters. Explaining the term "positional asphyxia," he said her airway was probably already constricted by the involuntary turning of her head. Pillows and blankets on that side further hampered her oxygen supply.
During a press conference, sheriff's spokesman Lt. Hector Rivera cut off questions about Griffith Joyner's medical history and whether the condition had been diagnosed. The abnormality has never been associated in medical research with steroids or any other drugs, Fukumoto said.
On hearing the report, IAAF President Primo Nebiolo made the following statement: "This report ensures that

Florence Griffith Joyner will be able to rest in peace. Her family have had to endure irresponsible Media reports that have sought to tarnish her reputation - without any real proof. These campaigns of misinformation serve not only to damage individual athletes and our sport as a whole, but also have a negative impact on the multi-million dollar anti-doping campaign to which the IAAF has been committed for many years. I would urge Media representatives to act more responsibly in future cases of this type. I hope that, like the IAAF Family, they will now send a message of love and sympathy to the bereaved relatives who have lost so much. "​

Very IRRESPONSIBLE to say anything different. She never tested POSITIVE for any steriod or drug.

The woman was a phenomenal,highly blessed woman with speed of natural lightening.:heart: Attempting to tarnish this beautiful BLACK WOMAN'S legacy without CONCRETE evidence is beyond disrespectful.

Wanderer404

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,590 39 17
Alleybux
This marks the fastest time anyone has run since Rio Olympic champ Elaine Thompson-Herah ran a 10.70 back in 2016

The person who wrote this clearly didn't do their research. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the last World Championships in 10.71, with only a 0.1 tailwind no less.

This is a crazy result for April though. Hopefully she can maintain it to make the US team and challenge Jamaica for the Olympic gold, but that's a BIG ask.

KittyKatB

Let's go girls!
Reaction score
Reactions
8,543 197 85
Alleybux
Omg how did I miss this thread? I've been a fan of hers ever since she ran that 10.75 in 2019.
She is THE ONE. I hope she takes gold in Tokyo this year! Fingers crossed

UNNKNNOWNN

Love, Musik, Peace
Reaction score
Reactions
10,005 44 6
Alleybux
She has a bright future! Also, no one mentions how short she is while many of the greats had longer legs. Sha'Carri is 5'1 and Flo was 5'7.

KittyKatB

Let's go girls!
Reaction score
Reactions
8,543 197 85
Alleybux
She has a bright future! Also, no one mentions how short she is while many of the greats had longer legs. Sha'Carri is 5'1 and Flo was 5'7.
This is what I've been thinking about as well! She's definitely short but don't you think she looks a liiiitle bit taller than 5'1 (1.55 m) .... I think she looks like she's 5'2 (1.60 m)

Momi Dearest

Excuses do not excuse...
Reaction score
Reactions
35,633 891 212
Alleybux
Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce is somewhere between 5’0 and 5’3 depending on the publication. Gail Devers was 5’3”. I really don’t think height is a determining factor in sprinting.

Nutella

Single Guy of the Month
Reaction score
Reactions
148,530 6,964 1,088
Alleybux
That 1998 record from Marion Jones is from before she started doping (after her injury). Her records post 1999 were stricken from the record.