3-in-1 church/synagogue/mosque to open in Berlin

ONIONS

Post ratings are not endorsements
Reaction score
Reactions
20,611 1,168 295
Alleybux
Christians, Muslims and Jews to share faith centre in Berlin
€47m building will feature a church, a mosque and a synagogue all linked to a central meeting space

The foundation stone of the House of One in Berlin will be laid at a ceremony on 27 May, marking the end of 10 years of planning and the beginning of an estimated four years of construction, and symbolising a new venture in interfaith cooperation and dialogue. The €47m building, designed by Berlin architects Kuehn Malvezzi, will incorporate a church, a mosque and a synagogue linked to a central meeting space. People of other faiths and denominations, and those of no faith, will be invited to events and discussions in the large hall.

“The idea is pretty simple,” said Roland Stolte, a Christian theologian who helped start the project. “We wanted to build a house of prayer and learning, where these three religions could co-exist while each retaining their own identity.”

Chanmette

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
56,372 1,661 1,179
Alleybux
This sounds like a fun idea. I'd do prayer hopping for sh!ts and giggles. Getting triple the blessings for each visit, efficient. Why pass up good juju?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ports and Slims

Pipe It Down 'Fore I Whoop You Like Yo Mama Do
Reaction score
Reactions
150,153 1,404 530
Alleybux
This sounds like a fun idea. I'd do prayer hopping for sh!ts and giggles. Getting triple the blessings for each visit, efficient. Why pass up good juju?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gworllll....especially when it's time to eat??? I'mma get a bean pie at the masjid, coconut macaroons at the synagogue and red velvet cake at the church. God said he gone bless me and my belly!

Kikyo

Mrs Seokjin, Stupid People annoy me
Reaction score
Reactions
56,411 431 174
Alleybux
I love that they centered it to ensure that people's properties are protected and do deal with traffic and loitering issues. Im also happy to see interfaith cooperation but how will the kitchen's be managed, if there is one with all the dietary restrictions?

ha but as @Ports and Slims slated by hungry behind would be jumping from institution to institution, ha the free food is always fire.

Ports and Slims

Pipe It Down 'Fore I Whoop You Like Yo Mama Do
Reaction score
Reactions
150,153 1,404 530
Alleybux
I love that they centered it to ensure that people's properties are protected and do deal with traffic and loitering issues. Im also happy to see interfaith cooperation but how will the kitchen's be managed, if there is one with all the dietary restrictions?

ha but as @Ports and Slims slated by hungry behind would be jumping from institution to institution, ha the free food is always fire.

As the wise and prophetic Simpsons says, chicken is the one meat we can all eat!!!