Quantcast

6 actresses who were rumored to slept their way to the top with Harv3y Weinstein

Argentum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
102,157 4,569 2,026
Alleybux
The elite club where the crash and burn is just as swift and harsh, but even more vivid and public: the Harvey Weinstein club.

Every few years, Harvey picks a new girl as his pet. He puts her in a picture or two, takes her to an event, makes her a project, an attempted creation.

The Harvey Girls are easily spotted. They are all very pretty, often in a rather generic sense. Their instant fame and the push behind them comes seemingly out of nowhere and without any justification in terms of resume or skill set.

But the most telling sign, if you're looking, is the Want. These girls, each of them, has the look of desperation, of need. They WILL be famous. They WILL be stars.

Gwyneth Paltrow

gwyneth-plaltrow.jpg

Gwyneth won her Oscar for 'Shakespare in Love' in 1998, produced by Harvey Weinstein. the rumors of Gwyneth and Harvey's escapades were so wild, going as far as her then boyfriend, Brad Pitt allegedly breaking up with her because he caught her on her knees in front of Weinstein.

Mira Sorvino

Mira+Sorvino_.jpg

Despite getting an Oscar for 'Mighty Aphrodite', Mira Sorvino failed to be as successful as Gwyneth, practically being in nothing of note since.

Jessica Alba

Jessica+Alba+Harvey+Weinstein+New+York+Observer+mvZoAyaDvZ4l.jpg

Alba had been around for a while prior to 2005's Sin City, but apparently Harvey fell in love at first seductive bull ride, trusting her with Awake.
when 'Awake' failed he given up on her. the one thing Harvey wants the most are Oscars and Alba did not have a shot at being taken seriously as an actress.

Sienna Miller

Sienna+Miller+Harvey+Weinstein+Harvey+Weinstein+jJaMlg7y079l.jpg

It's easy to forget just how hard the push was on Sienna Miller. She was huge. She was painted as this immense fashion icon who would be an unstoppable celebrity force as soon as Factory Girl was released. Harvey wanted to pull a Gwyneth and get her an Oscar.

Needless to say, that didn't happen.

Blake Lively

Blake+Lively+Harvey+Weinstein+Marchesa+Spring+k9hq7W-jaipl.jpg

Despite only being in a CW show, Lively was all of the sudden touted a fashion icon, like Miller and became a somewhat of an it girl in the press with her fashion choices and her highly publicized relationship with Leonardo Dicaprio. Sadly, that did not translate into film succes.

Jennifer Lawrence

reg_600.JLaw.Weinstein.mh.022113.jpg

Harvey's biggest success since Gwyneth, he had managed to get her an Oscar at 22 and make her an it girl. more then rumors about Lawrence sleeping with Weinstein for that success, she was even accused of it by Lindsay Lohan.

lakeluna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
73,005 1,120 75
Alleybux
I've mentioned on here that I'm trying to break into screenwriting/acting...

well, the other night, I had a dream that I met Harvey and we exchanged info because he was interested in my script. This fool texted me asking for nudes. I woke up like, "Whaaaa...?"

MargoChanning

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,532 166 14
Alleybux
I've mentioned on here that I'm trying to break into screenwriting/acting...

well, the other night, I had a dream that I met Harvey and we exchanged info because he was interested in my script. This fool texted me asking for nudes. I woke up like, "Whaaaa...?"
Are you a blonde?

Regal Mess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,263 812 263
Alleybux
But Jennifer slept with more than him though. Add Kerry to the list too.

Is he the most powerful in Hollyweird?

thephoenixslays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
274,193 5,044 2,745
Alleybux
Gwyneth already was connected to Hollywood through her parents. Also people think that Harvey made Jennifer Lawrence who she is. The girl received an Oscar nomination for Winter's Bones, which was her breakthrough role because that got her casted in Hunger Games, which got her casted in Silver Linings Playbook.

texaco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
1,012 44 41
Alleybux
You know, I really admire Harvey Weinstein.

He's super successful, smart and highly intellectual.

Due to an eye injury as a kid and a librarian who mentored him.

He fell into a love affair with books.

This apparently has been the reason behind his brilliant selection of scripts.

He doesn't rely upon readers but his own gut instinct.

But I don't know how those broads sleep with him.

He is so fµck!ng fat and ugly.

I say that having a really high constitution for ugly dudes.

I fµcked some real pigs back in the day.

But nothing so vulgar and grotesque as him.

So more power to these broads.

But I'm not sure an Oscar is fair trade for what that's got to be like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhOOkK-RZ5k

FullMoonPuss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,599 2,910 1,403
Alleybux
This pic tho.

Jessica+Alba+Harvey+Weinstein+New+York+Observer+mvZoAyaDvZ4l.jpg

:psick:

For some reason, I don't think Gwen had to sleep with her. I think that was just all Harvey's ego of being a Hollywood king/queen maker.

And I thought the tea was that Harvey TRIED with Blake, but because Blake wasn't having it, he never tried to make her happen (which was a mistake on her part because sleeping with Ben and Leo wasn't enough like she prob thought). Maybe thats why she stopped trying to build her career from the huge momentum she had.

And how ya'll gon forget about Grethen Mol and that blind about her and Harvey? Cuz chiiiiile... :no:

lover009

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,149 261 86
Alleybux
gwyneth-plaltrow.jpg

That blonde woman on the far left of the pic seems to look lowkey disgusted at Harvey W.

ETA: I was watching Monk the other day and spotted Jennifer Lawrence in a very small role where she appeared in one scene and spoke one line. This was in 2006 and her big break didn't come till 2012 in Hunger Games so I imagine she must've been desperate when she had her chance with Harvey Weinstein.

The original Claire from My Wife & Kids was in that episode too.

ClayMate

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,564 407 545
Alleybux
I doubt 1 & 2 because their parents are famous actors and they don't need to sleep with anyone to get a gig. However, the possibility exists for the others.

that damn dame

out of the black
Reaction score
Reactions
90,550 2,850 761
Alleybux
But Jennifer slept with more than him though. Add Kerry to the list too.

Is he the most powerful in Hollyweird?

I wouldn't say he's the most powerful, but he's up there. He has clout for sure - usually because he's so damn aggressive and shameless with his "business" (which he's been openly criticized for). He's a bully and he usually gets what he wants. To be honest, he's probably doing some sketchy sh!t for people higher on the totem pole because he's hardly the richest or the most powerful person in Hollywood. I mean, if someone like Steven Spielberg or even Martin Scorsese wanted to crush Harvey...they easily could. But the man is good for business, y'know? He'll bully and schmooze his way through awards season and get your film all of the awards if he has to. I guess that's why people are willing to eat his ass for film roles, lmfao.

RemyredJeter

Where the money resides
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
187,776 663 243
Alleybux
http://satireworld.com/entertainmen...at-harvey-weinsteins-casting-couch-escapades/ I know its a satire site but some of it rings too true

This is their list of Harvey girls

Mira Sorvino
Gretchen Mol
Jessica Alba
Sienna Miller
Uma Thurman

excerpt from the link

She could be in that profession where the sexism and xesual perversion is the norm and the the lessons are just as swift and harsh, but even more vivid and public: Membership in the Harvey Weinstein club.

Every few years, movie producer Harvey Weinstein picks a new girl as his pet. Yes, she has to be young and talent not all that important. He puts her in a picture or two, takes her to an event, dresses her in elegence, makes her a personal project, a ‘creation’ by the movie God himself.

The Harvey Girls are easily spotted. They are all very pretty, often in a rather generic sense…blonde, buxom, and an air of dramatic danger. Their instant fame and the push behind them comes seemingly out of nowhere and without any justification in terms of resume or acting skill set. Most obviously, at least as of 2007, they are clothed exclusively in Marchesa on the red carpet (the fashion line of Weinstein’s wife, Georgina Chapman). So if you were wondering why Harvey Weinstein seems only interested in actresses who dress like fairy princesses from Planet Sugarplum, it’s just his wife’s fault.

But the most telling sign, if you’re looking, is the Want. For each of these girls, there was an enormous PR push, proclamations of “it-girl” and “the next big thing” and then a fairly daunting silence that had to be devastating to these young women who really believed this was their “it.”

One of the Harvey Girls was Gwyneth Paltrow, and I suppose she’s what keeps the line long and wanton. But there can only be so many Gwyneths. There’s no shortage of Gretchens.

These girls, each of them, has the look of desperation, of need, of determination They WILL be famous. They WILL be stars. They are Harvey Girls afterall and yes, rumors of Harvey’s casting couch are legendary.

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,928 1,770 409
Alleybux
While I don't necessarily believe all of these, don't discount people just because they come from prominent Hollywood families. Like I said, I'm not sure if he was with any of these women, but I wouldn't automatically assume that he didn't mess with them just because their families were already in Hollywood. A lot of crazy things happen

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,317 14,180 6,597
Alleybux
Gwyneth has Hollywood connections, but she got put on the map as a star by Harvey--first with Emma (1996) and then when he put his machine behind her Oscar campaign for Shakespeare in Love (it's said she she stole the script from Winona Ryder when they were part of the bestie foursome: Ben and Gwyneth & Matt and Winona).

I remember the Oscar season quite vividly because she was all over the major fashion magazines of the day: it was thought that Cate Blanchett would win for her role in Elizabeth, but Gwyneth snatched it away after an avalanche of press painting her as the new Grace Kelly. And she had three big films and high profile relationships (Brad and Ben) in 1998.

Big Daddy

Dack Enthusiast
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
8,565 306 523
Alleybux
I doubt 1 & 2 because their parents are famous actors and they don't need to sleep with anyone to get a gig. However, the possibility exists for the others.

Their parents have nadda to with it, in fact neither does sex!ng up a power broker.

xes is a part of the initiation to join and become a member of the elite club.

It's all about POWER or better yet, having Power and Control over people who want what you have and are more than willing to do whatever it takes to get it !!!

Men with Men

Women with Women

Men with Women !!!

Harvy is only carrying on the tradition handed down to him by those before him.

Joe Kennedy, Jack Warner, Sam Goldfish, Harry Cohn and a very large host of others.