Quantcast

90 Day Goals (March 15, 2021 - June 14, 2021)

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Can I be added to the tag list??

My plans are:

-Lose 30 pounds
-Read more often
-Streamline Amazon business
-Upload products consistently to online stores
I’ll add you to the list for tomorrow’s check in! I’m glad you’re here!

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
If it's not too late, I'd like to join. I tried the previous 90 day challenge but wasn't able to keep up with my goals because I didn't take into account some new realities of my life this year. For one, new family responsibilities: my mother had a stroke last spring that suddenly left her needing 24/7 care. Her health is steadily declining, and a large part of my time is spent managing her bills, her insurance, her medical procedures and surgeries, and communicating with doctors and care staff. Second: I'm a teacher and have been dealing with hybrid teaching since last spring, challenging because technology is not my strength, and also managing my child's hybrid schooling. Third: I want to get in shape, stay healthy and lose some weight, but I've been too exhausted, stressed and unmotivated to do it on my own just with videos. On the plus side, I've improved my eating habits since last fall, have cut back on alcohol in the evening and am drinking more water and herbal tea. I'm also investing in better skin care since the stress was starting to show on my face.

So time for more appropriate goals, along the themes of kindness (to self and others) and consistency:

Mental/emotional: recognize the toll that my mother's condition is taking on me and try to detach emotionally while still being supportive. Also recognize the time that I spend managing her needs and budget for it. Be kind to myself and to my family. Try to develop a consistent meditation routine. Read books that encourage and motivate.

Professional: keep up with online work flow, communication, correcting, etc. Improved since the fall but still a work in progress.

Physical: I've decided to invest in a personal trainer who will help me develop a fitness program and hold me accountable. I need to work on strength, flexibility and cardio. No shame in recognizing that I can't do it on my own. Health is wealth!

So here's to round two! :b41

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,191 624 51
Alleybux
I made a organization plan incorporating my goals late the first week. I had most my activities schedule in the morning (because I get 3 hours of sunlight in my room and bring natural light makes me happy). However, do to my job, I've been going to sleep pretty much around 5-6 in the morning. So, I changed my availability and redid my plan. I'll be forcing myself to go to bed by 11PM now.

I got started on the Krita course. I'm doing 1 section at a time for both courses.

noirw

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,102 394 159
Alleybux
Hello Everyone, here is my weekly check-in:

Check-in
10K Running planned: Run a minimum of 3 days a week.
10K Running Actual: I ran twice last week and I now have 13 sessions left (2/15).
Reflection: Goal not met and have 13 more sessions to finish the running program

Writing Project 1 Planned: Finish this Month
Writing Project 1 Actual: Wrote two days last week
Reflection: Goal not met and I need to focus on a consistent writing practice

16:8 Planned: Stick to fasting schedule daily
16:8 Actual: Stuck to fasting schedule 5 days
Reflection: Goal not met and I need to be more vigilant during the weekends

Morning Pages Planned: three days a week
Morning Pages Actual: wrote them daily
Reflection: Goal met

This Week Goals
10K Running Plan: Run three days this week
Writing Project 1: Finish this week and write five times this week
Writing Project 2: Start Writing Project 2
16:8: Maintain fasting schedule daily
Morning Pages: Write three days a week

Crimson Belle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,082 194 52
Alleybux
Hey y'all!! Last week was a dud overall. But I did do good with restricting my restaurant meals, so I'm proud of that. I cannot get my rainbow variety of foods (well I can; I'm just not focused/disciplined enough).

I don't even wanna get into my sleep and exercise patterns. I'll just say I'm slacking and leave it at that LOL.

Today is starting off kinda good though. I woke up this morning and took all my OTC supplements (evening primrose oil, iron, chlorophyll, iron, probiotic). For lunch, I ate a chickpea crust pizza topped with tomatoes, spinach, olives, and mushrooms...easily one of the best veggie pizzas I've ever had!! I will have strawberries and a banana for my afternoon snack.

We'll see how exercise, dinner, and sleep go this evening.

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Happy Monday everyone and congratulations on making it through Week 1? How are we all doing and feeling? I’m so happy to see some of you have already posted your updates. To those who are just now joining, welcome and you’ve been added to the tag list :heart:

Here’s how my Week 1 went:
Week 1 Goals
  • Get back to my coding curriculum —Success! I’ve been able to pick up where I dropped off with my coding curriculum last month. Right now, I’m reviewing and relearning the things I forgot.
  • Stick to my skincare routine — A partial success! I was consistent for about 2-3 days then fell off but I’m not going to focus on that and keep going.
  • No dairy for the next 7 days routine — A partial success! I was consistent for about 2-3 days then fell off but I’m not going to focus on that and try again this week.
  • Start flexibility training to improve flexibility for pole classes. Right now, I’m doing a 30 day challenge from Yoga with Bird on YouTube and I’m planning to do some form of stretching each day for my splits and tight hamstrings. — Success! I actually started focusing on movement two weeks ago and I’ve been consistent! Doing yoga again after months off has been somewhat hard because I feel like I’m starting from scratch but my body feels great. I haven’t started stretching but I plan to start this week.
  • Develop a workout plan for weight loss. I’ve gained about 20 pounds total since 2019 and my weight gain has come to a head since quarantine. I no longer recognize myself and want to be healthier again. — Not a success but I’m going to try again for Week 2!
  • Practice floor work moves at home and nail down my ballerina spin, martini spin, and chair spin — Not a success. I couldn’t make it to my classes last week and my instructor canceled our private lesson so I didn’t pole at all. I don’t know why I made this a goal when I don’t even have a pole at home (I ordered one though) so I’ll give this another try when it arrives.

Week 2 Goals

Last edited:

headflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,811 311 24
Alleybux
I had a couple of bumpy days but overall, I feel like I accomplished a short term goal which is my stepping stone like watching my diet and more effort to move.

Every day I make sure that I at least consume 8 8 oz cups water a day. I keep track of my water consumption.

My goal now is to get cardio in even if it's 5 minutes. That can be broken down throughout the day, 5 here, 5 there.

I take my supplements, and do drink green tea.

I decided to do my progress and weigh
in once a month. I noticed slight differences. Hopefully in a month's time, it's not all in my head.

I'm learning to be patient with myself.

I'm not changing my lower end skincare products for now. But will go back to trying scrubs.

I'm ready for week 2.

polkadot101

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
398 4 4
Alleybux
hi guys

is it too late to join?

I'm in a depressive mood, my life is falling apart smh

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
hi guys

is it too late to join?

I'm in a depressive mood, my life is falling apart smh
Hi and welcome! First, I want to say that I’m so sorry that life has been difficult for you and I hope things and you’re able to find a sense of community and support here, we have a great group here! :heart: It’s definitely not too late to join and I’ll add you to the tag list for our weekly check ins on Monday.

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Happy Monday everyone! Week 2 down! How are you doing and feeling? This week was a doozy, it started off pretty hectic and didn’t slow down until the weekend. I’ve also realized that I’ve been experiencing signs of burnout lately which has made it hard to focus on these goals to the best of my ability. Since the weekend, I’ve been trying to rest more and I’m taking a much needed vacation from work in 2 weeks. I hope you all had an amazing weekend and are seeing progress in your goals!

Week 3 Goals
  • Continue coding curriculum and try to complete 2 sections
  • Stick with skincare routine and incorporate tretinoin into routine more often
  • Start flexibility training
  • Get more movement in (yoga, walks, etc.)

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
Checking in with my goals:

Mental/emotional: recognize the toll that my mother's condition is taking on me and try to detach emotionally while still being supportive.
This is the biggest challenge I'm facing. My mother needs to make life or death choices regarding treatment/surgeries and keeps changing her mind. I was doing OK this weekend, but after talking to her on the phone today and hearing about yet another change of course, I just had a small breakdown. At the moment, I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle. It's been so long, and I feel very alone with it.
Recognize the time that I spend managing her needs and budget for it.
I will schedule times for this. I'm delegating to my husband some tasks that don't require him to be immediate family or health proxy.
Be kind to myself and to my family.
Challenging. I'm often irritable with my husband and don't spend enough time with my daughter because I'm so stressed. This situation is affecting my family life badly, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.
Try to develop a consistent meditation routine.
Haven't done this yet because I'm focusing more on physical health and strength. I read somewhere that it's best not to try to change more than one thing at a time, which sounds right to me.
Read books that encourage and motivate.
I've been reading books about aging well. They encourage and inspire me to do better because I don't want to end like my mother. Many of her current horrible health problems are the result of poor life style choices.

Professional: keep up with online work flow, communication, correcting, etc. Improved since the fall but still a work in progress.
My school is currently on break, so I'm getting a rest from this.

Physical: I've decided to invest in a personal trainer who will help me develop a fitness program and hold me accountable. I need to work on strength, flexibility and cardio.
This has been the most successful part of the week. I've started working with a wonderful trainer who understands just what I need. I feel energized after every workout and hope to become stronger. Best decision I've made in a long time. Also, I've done some biking and walking with the nicer weather.

So that's been my past week. We'll see what this coming week brings!

noirw

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,102 394 159
Alleybux
Hello Everyone, here is my week 2 check-in:

Check-in
10K Running Actual: I ran twice last week.
Reflection: Goal not met and have 12 more sessions to finish the running program

Writing Project 1 Planned: Finish this Month
Writing Project 1 Actual: Wrote four days last week
Reflection: Goal met as I wrote four days last week and will finish the project by the 31st

16:8 Actual: Stuck to fasting schedule 5 days
Reflection: Goal not met as I continue to not stick to the schedule on weekends, starting on Friday.

Morning Pages Actual: Did morning pages only two days last week.
Reflection: Goal not met

This Week Goals
10K Running Plan: Run three days this week
Writing Project 1: Finish by the 31st

Last edited:

headflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,811 311 24
Alleybux
I took down my braids during the weekend. The take down wasn't too bad. Next time I will do a few tweaks for a smoother process.

I used my castor oil herbal mix. I used less products too. My hair is moisturized without the white residue. Sometimes I feel like I'm not making progress because of shrinkage but my hair is fuller. There is that.

I tried burt's bees deep pure scrub and I like it a lot. It didn't irritate my skin. For now I'm keeping it in my regimen and use the scrub 2x a week.

I didn't consume as much water as I should for a couple of days. The past few I was better though.

I stopped drinking green tea and going back to cerasee tea. It's gross but helps my skin. I'm going to alternate between the two.

I slacked off a bit with exercise but I still try to fit in being active like move instead of sittting down.

I'm almost always a bit tired.

I did a few meditative breaks. I need to do more. Maybe lol

I purchased healthy snack foods like corn cakes and pretzels.

Next weeks goal:

More green leafy vegetables. Apples are my go to snack but my favorite fruits will be in season soon.

Continue with box braids. They make life easier for at least 2 months. I just don't have the time to dedicate to hair.

Consistent with my strength training. I'm also going to check out work plans.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,057 143 60
Alleybux
I’m late but I’m glad to say that this has been a much better week for me. I actually took some time to narrow some of my goals down so that they weren’t so broad & I seem to be doing better as far as meeting & maintaining. Hope you all are doing well!

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,191 624 51
Alleybux
Week 2 check-in

Udemy

I'm behind on the MySQL course. I have it scheduled that I should be completing 3 sections a week. I spent the first week getting my sleeping habits under control. I'm on section 5 now. I have until Sunday night to complete 9 sections. So far, I like the course and it's easy to follow. Just need more hands on practice.

Art. I haven't done anything.

Well, I did draw plans and do some research for a dresser and small table I'd like to build. However, I'm still battling to fix my desk drawer. If you ever set out to build a desk with a drawer buy clamps and a right angle. Eyeballing it left things a little wonky.

There's a lovely cotton voile on MoodFabrics that I want to buy and make into dress but I have a dress that I've been sewing since 2019. You're free to judge me on this. I made a deal with myself that if I make pants and/or a dress I can buy the fabric. I'll finish the other dress. It's just too showy on top. Too much back showing. I'll most likely wear a shirt with it. Ugh, that wasn't the plan.

Writing/Grammar.
El-k4acU0AAoBF4.jpg

Just a little bit scared.
tenor.gif

Not ready.
I have ideas. I'm afraid to put the ideas down though. It's been so long since I've written anything good and to completion. Wordpress sent me 4 emails about domain renewal and I never went public with my blog. :pensive:

Next week goals:
MySQL course continue
Krita course continue
Draw fruits or still life
Pick a pattern to sew from and cut fabric
Brainstorm 1 idea on paper

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
Checking in again with my goals:

Mental/emotional: recognize the toll that my mother's condition is taking on me and try to detach emotionally while still being supportive.
I've been up and down with this. She has agreed to another life-saving but debilitating surgery. Every week brings a new challenge. Sometimes I'm good at remembering that it's her body and her life, other times not so much. As an only child and the main contact and medical proxy, it's hard.
Recognize the time that I spend managing her needs and budget for it.
I fell behind on some bills but spent a lot of time on the phone with doctors.
Be kind to myself and to my family.
This past week was better. Good family time and spent time with my daughter.
Try to develop a consistent meditation routine.
Still haven't done this, but I'll try to find some time this week. I joined an online program a couple of months ago, so I should pick it up again since I'm paying a monthly fee for it :oops:
Read books that encourage and motivate.
Not so much this past week. Maybe in the mornings.

Professional: keep up with online work flow, communication, correcting, etc.
Back to school this week. I'll see how it goes, since I have a lot of work ahead. Need to start time-blocking in advance to make sure I keep up with everything.

Physical: I've decided to invest in a personal trainer who will help me develop a fitness program and hold me accountable.
Still going strong, and my body is starting to enjoy it. Also doing some stretching every morning. Was able to bike farther yesterday than I have in a long time. :b41

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,527 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
30 goals:
-vitamins daily (I typically stop) Still on the vitamin train. Doing this daily ... I need more iron pills tho. Target has great ones.
-ab workouts daily (I want a 6 pack like usher had) I've switched between this and butt ... 5 days a week. Not laying down when I'm eating.
-smoothies daily Daily is a bit much, but I'll try to do twice a week (2-3 a month)
-wash my twice face daily (I have a hard time at night cos I be ready to just go to bed) Still not doing this
-get my plants in formation They in formation
-dairy free 2 weeks before my period and drink cranberry/cherry juice daily (at least a shot of it)
-get to sleep by 10pm or 11 pm I'm going to sleep ... I gotta come back to this one.
-affirm thru the day (I only do it when I get up and go to bed) I don't affirm all the time and I'm pretty ok with doing it twice a day. I will try to do it more when I go in the bathroom cos the mirror is there.
-listen to subliminal daily I do this and I'm pretty good at this.
-start studying for my CISSP certification I started studying ... not consistently, but I'm looking at the classes
-finalize birthday vacation So I know where I am going and I'm very excited. Going to book today or tomorrow!

60 goals:
-harvest my plants
-plant strawberries
-reorder vitamins and continue
-evaluate my abs and see if I want to continue
-continue studying for CISSP
-go on a birthday vacation :D
-get my skin under control ...
-start saving 15k amount.

90 goals:
-harvest my plants
-take a CISSP bootcamp
-schedule my CISSP test
-pass CISSP
-road trip 4 day road trip with besties

Update!

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi everyone! We crushed the third week and we’re entering Week 4/30 Days! We’re almost one month down and can’t wait to see how everyone is doing on their goals. During our check in next Monday, we’ll debrief on how things are going, what things we need to change to make more progress, and what we’ve learned on our journey so far. Here’s my Week 3 update:

Week 3 Goals
  • Continue coding curriculum and try to complete 2 sections — Success, completed 1 section instead of 2. I’m starting the process of enrolling in a coding bootcamp and I’m so excited!
  • Stick with skincare routine and incorporate tretinoin into routine more often — Success, I’m going slow and steady with tretinoi so my skin doesn’t dry or freak out.
  • Start flexibility training — Not a success, I have a foot injury that makes it hard to even walk short distances or stand without extreme pain. I’m going to a podiatrist to get it checked out next week, which is the earliest they could do I’m going to pause this goal until I’m cleared by the doctor.
  • Get more movement in (yoga, walks, etc.) — Same update as above.

Week 4 Goals
  • Continue coding curriculum
  • Work on scholarship and bootcamp applications
  • Continue tretinoin routine
  • Go grocery shopping for healthier food
  • Develop transition plan for work

headflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,811 311 24
Alleybux
Some of my clothes that were too snug are starting to fit looser. A dress that I couldn't zip up now does.

In the past few days I was more active with exercise. I strength trained and did light cardio (nothing intense). A dress I wore two summers ago that was too tight fits a bit looser. I'm not quite there yet. Maybe another 10 lbs would do.

My skin is looking glowy. I'm unsure of it's from drinking more water, the green tea, msm or the combo of all three.

My goal for week 4: weigh in, take new measurements. I'm hoping that I lose an inch at stomach and hips.

I'll return to box braids after wearing bantu knots.

Work on my sleep (still struggling).

Continue reduce calorie intake and exercise. I want to start a new regimen.

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi everyone! We made it to 30 days! How are you feeling with the goals you’ve set for yourself? What have you learned about yourself? How can we support you? Do you all like having check-ins every Monday or should I check in more frequently? Please let me know, I want to be mindful and not spam the thread but I can check in more often.

In the last 30 days, I’ve learned that diet changes are HARD and I do not do well with cutting things out completely to start, as I’ve epically failed trying to limit my dairy intake :ROFLMAO: I still quite haven’t figured out moderation as I’m a very all-or-nothing person so that’s going to take some tome. I’ve learned how important it is to maintain healthy self care routines when I’m stressed and to push myself to maintain them. I’ve also learned to expect the unexpected as a lot of workout and movement plans had to be put on pause because of my foot injury and this foot brace I’m rocking for the next couple weeks. For the next 4 weeks, I’m going to ease into my diet and workout plans and see if I make more progress than before.

Week 4 Goals
  • Continue coding curriculum: Partial success! I didn’t do too much coding but I created a timeline for myself for the modules I want to finish before I start bootcamp applications.
  • Work on scholarship and bootcamp applications: Success (scholarships) and partial success (bootcamp). I finished my scholarship essays and I’m getting them reviewed by my mentor. I’m reaching out to bootcamp alumni to learn about their experiences.
  • Continue tretinoin routine: Had to take a break because my skin got too dry. It’s better now so I’ll start again for Week 5.
  • Go grocery shopping for healthier food: Partial success. I didn’t go grocery shopping but I did made some homemade meals with the ingredients I already had.
  • Develop transition plan for work: Not a success but I’m on vacation and can worry about this when I’m back :ROFLMAO:

Week 5 Goals
  • Submit scholarship applications and continue meeting with bootcamp alumni and admissions
  • Continue tretinoin routine
  • Eat more home cooked meals
  • Start slowly incorporating walks again

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
As I reflect on my goals and what I've done to meet them over the past few weeks, I'm realizing more and more what my true needs are. It was helpful to organize them in three groups, so here goes:

Mental/emotional: I feel a strong need for joy in my life, and I'm doing all I can to make that happen. I'm realizing how much of that is an intentional attitude. Not sure where it comes from because in so many ways, my life has been a sh**t show this past year, but I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I'm seeing beauty and good energy in so many things, and I have no patience any more for negative vibes. I'm feeling so much grief and suffering for my mother that I can't avoid, but whatever else I can avoid, I do. This attitude has been very helpful to me. Funny that during one of the most difficult periods of my life, I'm actually feeling joyous much of the time.

Professional: I need to do better with keeping up with work at home. This was my original goal months ago, and I still haven't risen to the challenge enough. Getting better, but not there yet. On the other hand, I'm going in to work much more often now that quarantine is loosening up, and it actually feels good. I've also realized that a large part of what used to irritate me at work was the negative vibes and drama of coworkers, and I just don't have time for that anymore (see above). I'm no longer working at my personal desk but am finding other spaces in the building to work, just to avoid the toxic, ugly energy that certain people always manage to push in my face. This may have consequences for me at some point, but for now, it feels right to only deal with people I want to deal with. Peace of mind is everything.

Physical: I'm continuing to work with my amazing physical trainer. I feel myself getting stronger, and it just feels so good! She also gave me a daily stretching routine, and I love feeling the energy going through me as I loosen up. Now that the weather is warming up, weekly biking and swimming will be back in my routine. I also just ordered a pair of roller skates and plan to take lessons (Oumi Janta vibes!). Some negatives: I've slipped back into drinking more in the evening than I should. Need to be careful with that. I'm also not losing weight and need to be more intentional with my diet. Too many carbs recently. Goals: rock those summer tops and dresses!

Goals for the week
* Reduce carbs and practice portion control
* Limit to one or two drinks in the evening; more water
* Schedule daily time for paperwork/work flow while at home
* Keep up with strength training exercises on my own and find time for two other outdoor activities
* Continue to support my mother as best I can. She has another surgery scheduled later this week, and I will need to make time to visit her often in the hospital.

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,191 624 51
Alleybux
Week 3 reflection: It was a bust.

Udemy courses:
I'm still behind on my Udemy courses. Not so much Krita. It's just 6 sections and under 9 hours. I give most of my attention the MySQL course which is 18 sections and under 21 hours. I got to section 7 that was purely exercises. I hadn't been doing the exercises just taking notes. I had difficulty navigating the sandbox and then realized that I started taking notes mid-section 3 completely missing how to create and toggle between databases. I also learned that I couldn't edit a line after entering it. I'll have to adjust my schedule to allow time to catch up.

Writing/Grammar:
Bust.

Art:
I didn't draw fruits or a still life. The most I did was sketch ideas for a bookcase then cabinet since I realized that it will be more useful than a table, saving my desk storage for just art/office supplies.

Sewing. I have several patterns even a bodice pattern I copied from a dress I love. However, my measurements are 1-2 inches from the pattern size. I don't have the skills for that. The copied bodice would require darts to get the look I want. I don't have the skills for that either. I can still work it but I'm afraid to waste fabric.
Which brings me to...

New Goal: Walks. Morning walks 3x week for 30 minutes or 1 hr. I'll have to get proper shoes since I don't own any sneakers.
Next Week Goals:
1. Get back on sleeping track :sleeping: :sweat:
2. Sneakers for walks
3. Assess material/tools for cabinet; budget and compare costs
4. Finish MySQL Sunday, May 9th
5. Draw Still life or fruits
6. Get back to reading "On Writing Well" and review grammar mechanics
7. Finish 1 blog post
8. Create student database; update ESL profile
9. Decide on python book

Last edited:

headflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,811 311 24
Alleybux
Last night I slept for over 6 hours. I don't think I've gotten a full night's sleep in how long. But sleeping for 6 hours or so, I'm less drained towards the end of the day. It's impacting me negatively when I don't sleep enough.

I'm still doing 1200 calories a day. I'm not always at 1200. Sometimes I'm a little less or a little over it but always under 1500. It's not hard to do as long as I keep the foods nutritious and watch my portions. I'm currently down about 10 lbs (or a little over that maybe closer to 12). I met my goal for weight loss for the month. I'm down an inch at the waist and hips. Realistically, I need another inch or so to go.

Sometimes I don't meet my goals for the day but don't beat myself up too much.

I'm attempting to become more of a green tea drinker but don't like to drink it later in the day since it can mess your sleep.

I did not re braid last weekend.

Exercise could be better.

Next goal: follow the 1200 calories, maybe try a caffeine free herbal teas. I was thinking of adding aloe vera juice at a later date. I took the supplements but the real thing is better without the filler. Try to work in more sleep. Stick with a new exercise plan. Meditate. Try to relax more.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,375 80 26
Alleybux
Hi all,

Very quick update. I've lost 12 pounds since March 15th. I'm now down to 280lb from my all-time high of 352 in late June 2020.

The gyms have reopened on Monday (I live in London where we've been on lockdown since December) and I've been going religiously. I'm no longer doing Keto, but I usually try to keep my carbs under 70g per day. I'm focusing on eating anti-inflammatory foods and taking supplements like turmeric, ginger and zinc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next 30 days brings. Good luck everyone

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
Quick update for this past week:

Goals for the week
Not very successful. Excuse: PMS hunger and carb cravings. Need some discipline here.
Some success. Making very light drinks then switching to water/sparkling water/herbal tea.
Not successful. I started the new year with a bullet journal to keep on task, but I made it too complicated and ended up abandoning it. Need to find another planning/time-blocking method? Even though I like the comfort of working from home, being back at my workplace next fall will be better for my discipline.
* Keep up with strength training exercises on my own and find time for two other outdoor activities
Also not great. Love working with my personal trainer, but having a hard time doing ugly things like push-ups and planks on my own. I need a live human to keep me on task. Would appreciate any ideas for this. How do you exercise-at-home fonts find the motivation to do painful activities?
* Continue to support my mother as best I can. She has another surgery scheduled later this week, and I will need to make time to visit her often in the hospital.
Mother's surgery went well, and I spent a lot of time visiting in the hospital. So important to see her in person, which I can't do when she's in the skilled nursing facility because it's still on lockdown. Also spent good time with my daughter this weekend. Our relationship suffered earlier in the year because I was under so much stress, but it's getting better.

Goals for next week: same as last week, keep up what worked and try to do better.

noirw

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,102 394 159
Alleybux
Hello Everyone,

Here is my weekly check-in. I completely fell off and did not meet any of my goals the past two weeks. I am now trying to get back on track.

Check-in
10K Running Actual: Did not run
Reflection: Goal not met.

Writing Project 1 Planned: Finish by the end of March
Writing Project 1 Actual: Wrote sporadically
Reflection: Did not finish the project

16:8 Actual: Stuck to fasting schedule 3 days
Reflection: This is the only goal that came somewhat close to being met

Morning Pages Actual: Did not do any morning pages

This Week's Goals
10K Running Plan: Run at least one time
Writing Project 1: Finish by the 23rd

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
Hi all! i hope all y’all ladies been well. Accomplishing everything and doing the damn thing! Xoxo

I been super busy and didn’t forget this post :)!

headflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,811 311 24
Alleybux
I have to say that aloe vera juice is gross. I want the health benefits though. I mix 4 oz of aloe juice with 4 oz regular juice. It's ok but still a bit bitter.

I started using de la cruz 10% sulfur ointment on my dermatitis flare ups. It seems to be working fine and healthier than some of the other options out there to control it.

I purchased loreal paris lash serum. We shall see how that works. Since covid I haven't worn make up much and want to improve my lashes.

I kind of messed up last week. I'm a bit tired of calorie counting but I'm mostly around 1200 a day. I exercised. I think I look slightly slimmer. No one noticed my weight loss yet.

I'm sleeping slightly better. I like the herbal hair oil mix.

Next goal: lose another 2 to 3 lbs by the end of the month which went by quickly. Continue with my aloe vera juice (that should be short term), work on my skin, calorie reduction still, don't stop my multivitamins especially reducing my calorie. I plan to maintain 1500 when I reach my goal.

Joii

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
402 56 3
Alleybux
I’m in. Mostly keeping small achievable goals like earing a salad a day, drinking 128 ounces of water a day, a smoothie a day. Taking my vitamins daily. Daily easy home workouts. Spending less time on social media. Meditate daily, increased prayer. Etc

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hey everyone! I made the decision to quit my job a few days ago and it’s made me busier than usual trying to multiple wrap up years long projects and handing them off to someone else. I missed the Week 5 tag but I’ll do the tag for this upcoming Monday. I hope you’re all doing and feeling great not just with your goals but life in general :heart:

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Quick update for this past week:

Goals for the week
Not very successful. Excuse: PMS hunger and carb cravings. Need some discipline here.
Some success. Making very light drinks then switching to water/sparkling water/herbal tea.
Not successful. I started the new year with a bullet journal to keep on task, but I made it too complicated and ended up abandoning it. Need to find another planning/time-blocking method? Even though I like the comfort of working from home, being back at my workplace next fall will be better for my discipline.
Also not great. Love working with my personal trainer, but having a hard time doing ugly things like push-ups and planks on my own. I need a live human to keep me on task. Would appreciate any ideas for this. How do you exercise-at-home fonts find the motivation to do painful activities?
Mother's surgery went well, and I spent a lot of time visiting in the hospital. So important to see her in person, which I can't do when she's in the skilled nursing facility because it's still on lockdown. Also spent good time with my daughter this weekend. Our relationship suffered earlier in the year because I was under so much stress, but it's getting better.

Goals for next week: same as last week, keep up what worked and try to do better.
I’m so glad that your mom’s surgery went well and your relationship with your daughter is improving. Period cravings are the devil and I haven’t been able to find a way to stop them either so I feel you. Back when I was exercising at home quite regularly, I would push myself to do the push ups and planks because so many of the videos I watched included them, even yoga! It just made me realize that I won’t be able to avoid these exercises completely and it’s worth a try to see if I could improve in the future. I hope this helps!

I also ran into the same issue with bullet journaling. It’s so inspiring to see the pretty and detailed journals but it can get you down if yours don’t look like that! I had to remind myself to start slow and enjoy the journey. You’ll get there and I hope you have a great rest of your week!

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hello Everyone,

Here is my weekly check-in. I completely fell off and did not meet any of my goals the past two weeks. I am now trying to get back on track.

Check-in
10K Running Actual: Did not run
Reflection: Goal not met.

Writing Project 1 Planned: Finish by the end of March
Writing Project 1 Actual: Wrote sporadically
Reflection: Did not finish the project

16:8 Actual: Stuck to fasting schedule 3 days
Reflection: This is the only goal that came somewhat close to being met

Morning Pages Actual: Did not do any morning pages

This Week's Goals
10K Running Plan: Run at least one time
Writing Project 1: Finish by the 23rd
Proud of you for continuing to work on your goals and your success with fasting! We all get off track sometimes but as long as we get back on it, we’re progressing. I hope you have a great rest of your week!

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi all! i hope all y’all ladies been well. Accomplishing everything and doing the damn thing! Xoxo

I been super busy and didn’t forget this post :)!
That’s amazing, I’m so happy and proud of you! Glad you stopped by to share your updates with us. Keep doing the damn thing and have a great rest of your week!

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I have to say that aloe vera juice is gross. I want the health benefits though. I mix 4 oz of aloe juice with 4 oz regular juice. It's ok but still a bit bitter.

I started using de la cruz 10% sulfur ointment on my dermatitis flare ups. It seems to be working fine and healthier than some of the other options out there to control it.

I purchased loreal paris lash serum. We shall see how that works. Since covid I haven't worn make up much and want to improve my lashes.

I kind of messed up last week. I'm a bit tired of calorie counting but I'm mostly around 1200 a day. I exercised. I think I look slightly slimmer. No one noticed my weight loss yet.

I'm sleeping slightly better. I like the herbal hair oil mix.

Next goal: lose another 2 to 3 lbs by the end of the month which went by quickly. Continue with my aloe vera juice (that should be short term), work on my skin, calorie reduction still, don't stop my multivitamins especially reducing my calorie. I plan to maintain 1500 when I reach my goal.
I’m proud of you for continuing to work on your goals! Kudos for sticking it out with the aloe vera juice. I always wanted to try it but never did so it’s nice hearing your experience. I’m also glad that your skin and sleep has started to improve.

Calorie counting is difficult so don’t be too hard on yourself, you’re doing great! Please continue to share updates on the juice and lash serum, I’d love to hear more on how they’re working for you. Have a great rest of your week!

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I’m in. Mostly keeping small achievable goals like earing a salad a day, drinking 128 ounces of water a day, a smoothie a day. Taking my vitamins daily. Daily easy home workouts. Spending less time on social media. Meditate daily, increased prayer. Etc
Hi and welcome to our group! These are great goals and I’ll add you to our tag list. We do check ins every Monday.

noirw

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,102 394 159
Alleybux
Hey everyone! I made the decision to quit my job a few days ago and it’s made me busier than usual trying to multiple wrap up years long projects and handing them off to someone else. I missed the Week 5 tag but I’ll do the tag for this upcoming Monday. I hope you’re all doing and feeling great not just with your goals but life in general :heart:
What an amazing decision though I'm sure it was a difficult one to make. Congratulations on this new path that you are embarking upon. I am in a bit of a rut, so it is inspirational seeing someone step out on faith and take active steps to make positive changes.

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,191 624 51
Alleybux
Weeks 4 and 5 Reflection:
I started training/working a new side job. I plan to milk it for as much as possible even though it's disorganized and I want to quit because of it.

I finally fixed the damn drawer! It's not a perfect fix since it gets stuck from time to time but it's working. Seriously, if you're going to make a desk buy a right angle. The drawer box was wonky and the dividing panels were wonky. I was so close to just kicking/hammering out the sides and just going out to buy a center mount drawer slide. Might still do that, too.

No more new goals just complete/continue with the ones I already have.

Goals:
1. Get back on sleeping track [I've come to realize that my maladaptive daydreaming keeps awake, but it's also cathartic and I look forward to it at night]
2. Sneakers for walks
3. Assess material/tools for cabinet; budget and compare costs [materials is going cost at least $90, I'll have to see where I have to cut the budget.]
4. Finish MySQL Sunday, May 9th [kinda not interested in this anymore]
5. Draw Still life or fruits [no fruits yet, just more sketches of the cabinet]
6. Get back to reading "On Writing Well" and review grammar mechanics
7. Finish 1 blog post
8. Create student database; update ESL profile
9. Decide on python book
11. Krita course [currently paused until mid-June]
12: Misadventures in Sewing [I just remembered that I have muslin and the entire point of buying the muslin was to make mock-ups. And apparently I'm not as fat as I thought was. LOL.]
13. Walking 3x/week

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
Update for this past week:

Goals for the week
Better, not feeling hangry all the time. Replacing rice/bread/pasta with vegetables when I can. Warmer weather and sunshine help. Frustrated that the 10 lbs I gained since last summer are going nowhere.
Still only moderate or inconsistent success. This is harder than I thought. I've become so attached to that glass to start unwinding after a long day... it hits just right :disappointed
* Keep up with ongoing work tasks; schedule daily time for paperwork/work flow
Will keep the bullet journal, but a greatly reduced version. I realized that having a single journal for all professional and personal matters, goal setting and habit tracking is a mistake. Too heavy to carry around, too complicated to keep up, and just the thought of misplacing it while at work and having others find and read my personal things... What was I even thinking? I will use a lightweight, soft-cover one for professional time-blocking and task-management only.
Back on track with this. It's hard, I'm weaker than I thought. Thanks for the encouragement! Warmer weather will get me out too. Am eagerly awaiting the roller skates that I ordered...
* Continue to support my mother as best I can.
Lots of hospital visits this past week, which always leave me feeling sad and tired. Nothing new, this may go on a very long time.

Honorable mentions for this past week: kept up with skincare routine twice a day, stretched every morning, stuck to my weekly meal plans, kept a smile on my face and found joy whenever I could, did some fun weekend activities with my daughter.

Goals for next week: will focus on reducing carbs, maintaining a simplified bullet journal with mainly tasks and time-blocking my workday, continuing to stretch and exercise.

virgo12345

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi everyone! How was everyone’s weekend and how are we doing now that we’re 6 weeks in/at the halfway mark? I’m pretty busy with this being my last week at work but looking forward to what’s coming next! I’ve wanted to do this for almost a year and a half and I’m still shocked that I didn’t back out. No regrets.

This Week’s Goals
  • Incorporate walking again (foot is slowly getting better but pain ebbs and flows)
  • Go grocery shopping for healthier foods
  • Meditate at least 5 minutes a day

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
Hi everyone! How was everyone’s weekend and how are we doing now that we’re 6 weeks in/at the halfway mark? I’m pretty busy with this being my last week at work but looking forward to what’s coming next! I’ve wanted to do this for almost a year and a half and I’m still shocked that I didn’t back out. No regrets.

This Week’s Goals
  • Incorporate walking again (foot is slowly getting better but pain ebbs and flows)
  • Go grocery shopping for healthier foods
  • Meditate at least 5 minutes a day

Congratulations!!! It takes so much courage to quit a job that makes you unhappy. One of those things you'll look back on one day and realize what an important decision it was. Good for you!