Quantcast

A Deeper Cut: Not of This World

Eternal Love

Renewing my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
9,211 73 30
Alleybux
Last week, we covered Spiritual Warfare - an important element for us believers to understand as everyday (especially in these last days) is a battle. This week we are going to cover A Deeper Cut: Not of this World, which pertains to us believers removing ourselves from the patterns of this world. The god of this world wants us to dim our Light within us by being distracted by the worldly events going on around us. Additionally, at some point, we've all been fooled by the deceptions of this world and ensnared by Satan's traps. Please understand y'all, we're especially in some extremely deceptive times right now! I know so many believers who are acting completely out of character from their former beliefs and reliance of God and just recently became born again after learning about the extreme deceptions of this world. I want to shed light on just how deceptive this world is so that it's much easier for us believers (and soon to be believers who look at these Bible Studies!) to prepare ourselves for our soon return of Jesus. Our best life will never be here in the world as we know it. Eternal life with our Creator & Savior should be what we look forward to as we navigate this darkening world and help bring others to the Way.

Here are the previous Bible Studies we've covered in case anyone wants to go back and review:

Week 1: A Deeper Cut: The Jesus of the Bible | Lipstick Alley
Week 2: A Deeper Cut: The Great I AM | Lipstick Alley
Week 3: A Deeper Cut: The Holy Spirit
Week 4: A Deeper Cut: Know Thy Enemy
Week 5: A Deeper Cut: Spiritual Warfare

With that said, let's shed light on just how deceptive this world truly is at all angles! No more confusion about which political party is for us (neither Democrats or Republicans care about you!), getting wrapped up in celebrities' lives (most of them are utterly trapped in Satan's snares and influence the masses with their wicked ways!), praying that America will clean up its act via worldly social justice (ain't happening captain, 2020 was just the beginning of the Great Falling Away plus America is Mystery Babylon!), or that this pandemic is as worst as it'll get for us (see Revelation 13-this pandemic is just the warm-up for what's to come!). After receiving a prophetic warning from the Lord for what's to come, I must say that most people simply ain't ready for what's to come. I want you and yours to be ready and have the right expectations going forward. Repent and be saved if you aren't already saved. And if you are saved, pray to the Lord and see what more He wants to do for others to come to the Light. Jesus is the only Way!

A Deeper Cut: Not of This World:​

John 15:18-20 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

John 18:36 "Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.

1st John 2:15-17 "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

John 17:14 "I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world."

Colossians 3:2 "Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."

James 4:4 "You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

Philippians 3:20 "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself."

1st John 5:19 "We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Matthew 6:24 "“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

2nd Corinthians 4:4 "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Colossians 2:8 "See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ."

1st Peter 2:11 "Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul."

Ephesians 5:11 "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

John 8:12 "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

1st John 4:4 "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

Matthew 16:26 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?"

Proverbs 23:17 "Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the Lord all the day."

2nd Peter 1:3-4 "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

Matthew 7:13-14 "“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works."

1st Corinthians 3:19-20 "For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,” and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

1st John 2:1-2 "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."

1st John 4:1-3 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already."

Matthew 6:19-21 "“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

1st Peter 4:3 "For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry."

1st John 5:5 "Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"

Hebrews 13:14 "For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come."

Ephesians 2:1-3 "And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind."

Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works."

1st Timothy 6:10 "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."

2nd Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

John 7:7 "The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify about it that its works are evil."

2nd Timothy 2:3-4 "Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him."

2nd Timothy 2:16 "But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness"

2nd Timothy 2:22-26 "So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."

2nd Timothy 3:1-7 "But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth."

Conclusion:

Revelation 21:1-6 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment."

Please add and contribute to this week's Bible Study! I'll be adding a lot more resources and Scripture as well! Please remove yourselves from the patterns of this world y'all! Strengthen your relationship with our Creator because time is expiring and I don't want y'all to get caught up with Satan & his fallen angels. Make the right decisions and eternal life is yours through our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!

Eternal Love

Renewing my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
9,211 73 30
Alleybux
Luke 18:1-8 Parable of the Persistent Widow & the Unjust Judge

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Hmm...sounds like your average American's relationship with the United States of America. Why are y'all expecting justice from an unjust judge? Why are y'all expecting the god of this world to bring you joy in this state of the world? This country and world will never bring you true, godly justice.

As a matter of fact, God specifically warns us believers to remove ourselves from the patterns of this world. Democrats nor Republicans have anything good to offer y'all. Plus y'all should analyze who Mystery Babylon is and tell me that it doesn't sound like America. What other nation is as prosperous and dictates how other nations move? Plus when you take a heavy analysis at the transgressions of this country and its leaders (both Democrat & Republican leaders!)...this country will be judged harshly. Count on it. Stay out of the way and follow Jesus!

Revelation 18:4
"Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues"

If this is hard to understand, I highly recommend reading "Behold a Pale Horse" by Bill Cooper. Understand how deceptive this country truly is! They are liars, thieves, & murderers. Do not align yourself with the leaders of this country because they're all in on their wicked plans for us (now & in the future!).

SetApart1

Repent!!
Reaction score
Reactions
12,834 628 289
Alleybux
Last week, we covered Spiritual Warfare - an important element for us believers to understand as everyday (especially in these last days) is a battle. This week we are going to cover A Deeper Cut: Not of this World, which pertains to us believers removing ourselves from the patterns of this world. The god of this world wants us to dim our Light within us by being distracted by the worldly events going on around us. Additionally, at some point, we've all been fooled by the deceptions of this world and ensnared by Satan's traps. Please understand y'all, we're especially in some extremely deceptive times right now! I know so many believers who are acting completely out of character from their former beliefs and reliance of God and just recently became born again after learning about the extreme deceptions of this world. I want to shed light on just how deceptive this world is so that it's much easier for us believers (and soon to be believers who look at these Bible Studies!) to prepare ourselves for our soon return of Jesus. Our best life will never be here in the world as we know it. Eternal life with our Creator & Savior should be what we look forward to as we navigate this darkening world and help bring others to the Way.

Here are the previous Bible Studies we've covered in case anyone wants to go back and review:

Week 1: A Deeper Cut: The Jesus of the Bible | Lipstick Alley
Week 2: A Deeper Cut: The Great I AM | Lipstick Alley
Week 3: A Deeper Cut: The Holy Spirit
Week 4: A Deeper Cut: Know Thy Enemy
Week 5: A Deeper Cut: Spiritual Warfare

With that said, let's shed light on just how deceptive this world truly is at all angles! No more confusion about which political party is for us (neither Democrats or Republicans care about you!), getting wrapped up in celebrities' lives (most of them are utterly trapped in Satan's snares and influence the masses with their wicked ways!), praying that America will clean up its act via worldly social justice (ain't happening captain, 2020 was just the beginning of the Great Falling Away plus America is Mystery Babylon!), or that this pandemic is as worst as it'll get for us (see Revelation 13-this pandemic is just the warm-up for what's to come!). After receiving a prophetic warning from the Lord for what's to come, I must say that most people simply ain't ready for what's to come. I want you and yours to be ready and have the right expectations going forward. Repent and be saved if you aren't already saved. And if you are saved, pray to the Lord and see what more He wants to do for others to come to the Light. Jesus is the only Way!

A Deeper Cut: Not of This World:​

John 15:18-20 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

John 18:36 "Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.

1st John 2:15-17 "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

John 17:14 "I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world."

Colossians 3:2 "Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."

James 4:4 "You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

Philippians 3:20 "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself."

1st John 5:19 "We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Matthew 6:24 "“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

2nd Corinthians 4:4 "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Colossians 2:8 "See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ."

1st Peter 2:11 "Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul."

Ephesians 5:11 "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

John 8:12 "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

1st John 4:4 "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

Matthew 16:26 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?"

Proverbs 23:17 "Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the Lord all the day."

2nd Peter 1:3-4 "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

Matthew 7:13-14 "“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

1st Corinthians 3:19-20 "For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,” and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

1st John 2:1-2 "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."

1st John 4:1-3 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already."

Matthew 6:19-21 "“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

1st Peter 4:3 "For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry."

1st John 5:5 "Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"

Hebrews 13:14 "For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come."

Ephesians 2:1-3 "And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind."

1st Timothy 6:10 "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."

2nd Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

John 7:7 "The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify about it that its works are evil."

2nd Timothy 2:3-4 "Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him."

2nd Timothy 2:16 "But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness"

2nd Timothy 2:22-26 "So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."

2nd Timothy 3:1-7 "But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth."

Conclusion:

Revelation 21:1-6 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment."

Please add and contribute to this week's Bible Study! I'll be adding a lot more resources and Scripture as well! Please remove yourselves from the patterns of this world y'all! Strengthen your relationship with our Creator because time is expiring and I don't want y'all to get caught up with Satan & his fallen angels. Make the right decisions and eternal life is yours through our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!

Thank you I love reading every passage during this Bible Study it keeps me on the right track!

F76679N54E

I no longer use this site.
Reaction score
Reactions
28,108 1,713 1,413
Alleybux
God bless you thank you for the tags I truly appreciate these threads

I don’t have much to contribute right now but just wanted to say thank you for this I really need these threads

uglyvirgo

HRH Humpty Dumpty, The Prince of Wales
Reaction score
Reactions
156,930 1,196 261
Alleybux
thank you OP! i feel incredibly blessed as always to read your posts!

i feel compelled to share what i read in my morning devotional today, with the theme being that the Christian faith is unique in that it has a leader who not only sees our pain and suffering, but has also gone through similar experiences and sympathizes with us

here's something to reflect on as we draw nearer to Easter:

luke 23:33-49
"and when they had come to the place called calvary, there they crucified him..." (v.33, NKJV)

if you're wondering if "God's wounds really answer to our wounds", listen to the story of what happened to joni eareckson - during the summer of 1967, joni dived off a raft in chesapeake bay and struck her head on a rock, breaking her neck. she was instantly paralyzed and were it not for the quick thinking of a friend, would have drowned right then and there. she was rushed to hospital and later learnt that her paralysis would be permanent.

joni's spirits fell to dark depths, to the point where she begged her friend to help her die, to bring her pills, razor blades, anything that would take away the horror of living in a grotesque, incapacitated body. the friend refused, which only increased joni's sense of despondency in her circumstances.

one day, another friend of joni's sat down to read with her and said, "joni, Jesus knows how you feel - you aren't the only one - He was paralyzed too!"

"what do you mean?" joni asked

"it's true", her friend continued. "He was nailed on a cross, His back was raw from beatings and He must have yearned for a way to move, to change positions or redistribute His weight. but He couldn't, because He was paralyzes by the nails."

the realization penetrated deep into joni's spirit, it had never occurred to her that God felt the exact piercing sensations that racked her body. "at that moment", said joni, "God came incredibly close." this is always the effect upon those who realize that the God they serve knows exactly how they feel!

happy easter everybody! He is Risen, indeed!!

Eternal Love

Renewing my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
9,211 73 30
Alleybux
thank you OP! i feel incredibly blessed as always to read your posts!

i feel compelled to share what i read in my morning devotional today, with the theme being that the Christian faith is unique in that it has a leader who not only sees our pain and suffering, but has also gone through similar experiences and sympathizes with us

here's something to reflect on as we draw nearer to Easter:

luke 23:33-49
"and when they had come to the place called calvary, there they crucified him..." (v.33, NKJV)

if you're wondering if "God's wounds really answer to our wounds", listen to the story of what happened to joni eareckson - during the summer of 1967, joni dived off a raft in chesapeake bay and struck her head on a rock, breaking her neck. she was instantly paralyzed and were it not for the quick thinking of a friend, would have drowned right then and there. she was rushed to hospital and later learnt that her paralysis would be permanent.

joni's spirits fell to dark depths, to the point where she begged her friend to help her die, to bring her pills, razor blades, anything that would take away the horror of living in a grotesque, incapacitated body. the friend refused, which only increased joni's sense of despondency in her circumstances.

one day, another friend of joni's sat down to read with her and said, "joni, Jesus knows how you feel - you aren't the only one - He was paralyzed too!"

"what do you mean?" joni asked

"it's true", her friend continued. "He was nailed on a cross, His back was raw from beatings and He must have yearned for a way to move, to change positions or redistribute His weight. but He couldn't, because He was paralyzes by the nails."

the realization penetrated deep into joni's spirit, it had never occurred to her that God felt the exact piercing sensations that racked her body. "at that moment", said joni, "God came incredibly close." this is always the effect upon those who realize that the God they serve knows exactly how they feel!

happy easter everybody! He is Risen, indeed!!

Thanks for sharing that story! I've read some accounts that it's precisely why God sent us his son (Jesus is both Son of God & Son of Man!) He can relate to us and plead our case to our Heavenly Father! He is too awesome!

I'm so glad you joined us and look forward to engaging in more fellowship with you! :blush:

tank71

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,160 35 10
Alleybux
As you walk in the ways of the truth the deceptions become apparent, even blatant. The Word of God strengthens us preparing us for the battle to come. But take heart in knowing the battle is already won, for His Word is the truth. May God Bless You All.