Quantcast

A Deeper Cut: The Great I AM

Eternal Love

Renewing my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
9,214 73 30
Alleybux
Last week, we began our first Bible Study: A Deeper Cut: The Jesus of the Bible | Lipstick Alley where we got to know our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We dispelled some misconceptions that people have of Jesus by reading and studying scripturally sound doctrine of Jesus's teachings and preachings. Feel free to add, contribute, and review to that thread as the Holy Spirit leads you!

This week, we will be reviewing, meditating, praying, and praising our Heavenly Father and the Creator of the heavens and earth: The Great I AM, the Most High God. The goal this week is to dive into God's character to get to better know him and his desires for his children! As always, it is wise to remain scripturally sound when referencing our Heavenly Father as we will ultimately answer to Him for any idle or false words spoken during our time here on earth.

The Creator:
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

Genesis 1:27 "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

James 1:17-18 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."

Hebrews 4:12-13 "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him whom we must give account."

Hebrews 11:1-3 "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."

Isaiah 6:3 "And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 40:28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."

Jeremiah 23:24 "Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them? declares the Lord. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the Lord."

1st Corinthians 2:16 "For, "Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

Galatians 1:15-16 "But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being."

Ephesians 1:4 "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Psalm 147:4-5 "He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."

Romans 11:33-34 "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?"

The Provider:
Psalm 18:30-31 "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

1st Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

James 4:8 "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

Isaiah 35:4 "Say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."

Jeremiah 1:8 "Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord."

2nd Timothy 1:7 "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline."

Psalm 84:11-12 "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing he does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you."

The Judge:
James 4:12 "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you - who are you to judge your neighbor?"

1st John 1:5-6 "This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth."

2nd Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness"

James 1:22;25 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it - not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it - they will be blessed in what they do."

Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God."

1st John 5:3-4 "In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

Psalm 11:4 "The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne. He observes everyone on earth; his eyes examine them."

Proverbs 16:2 "All a person's ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the Lord."

Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear."

1st Peter 1:15 "But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will."

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

Proverbs 10:9 "Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out."

Romans 1:18 "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness."

Psalms 7:11 "God is a righteous judge, a God who displays his wrath every day."

2nd Timothy 2:19 "...God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

Proverbs 21:2 "A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart."

The Avenger:

Psalm 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."

Isaiah 40:23 "He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing."

Psalm 50:6 "And the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for he is a God of justice."

Deuteronomy 20:4 "For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

2nd Peter 2:9 "...If this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment."

Hebrews 10:30-31 "For we know him and again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Romans 12:17-19 "Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay, says the Lord."

Proverbs 20:22 "Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you."

The Redeemer:
Micah 7:18-19 "Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy."

2nd Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

1st John 2:5-6 "But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did."

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Romans 5:10 "For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"

2nd Corinthians 13:14 "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

Daniel 9:9 "The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him."

Mark 11:25 "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."

1st John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

Closing Statement: 1st Timothy 1:17 "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Please feel free to contribute any additional Scripture, thoughts/comments, video clips, testimonies, etc. :heart:

Last edited:

Icantdelete

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,857 989 335
Alleybux
I love these posts. Thank you! I want to contribute but I have to get my laptop bc I have so much to say. In due time I will but thank you for your contributions!

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom