Quantcast

A Million Little Things Season 3 Watch Thread - Thursdays @ 10PM on ABC

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
For the ladies here, this episode covers a very sensitive topic. I just wanted to put the trigger warning out there before I post my recap thoughts. That’s why some of my post are in spoilers.

The storyline with Sophie was so difficult for me to watch. While I have not personally been xesually assaulted, I know those who have. Peter, the guitar teacher, groomed her. He had her wear a swimsuit, dance around in it, and filmed her. All of that to make it seem like he was helping her to get out of her head and out of her comfort zone. It was sad watching her try to normalize what happened. I loved that Maggie was there to help her through the situation, along with Regina. I honestly wouldn’t mind if Gary beat his ass!

Eddie put his foot in his mouth, but what else is new. The therapist lady is actually a transgender woman. I love that she doesn’t take her foot off his neck!

The storyline with Rome was interesting. At first I was thinking that maybe his father is different via late night text than he is in person during the day. However, when that lady at the cemetery appeared, I’m curious about the connection. I wonder if Rome’s father is dating her. If he is, I doubt Rome is going to react well to that.
The storyline with Sophie is really sad but one that is all too common unfortunately. I also personally have never been in that situation but know people who have.

For the first time in a long time I'm glad at how they have used Maggie. She and Regina were pivotal in helping Sophie understand what happened to her and will be a source of great support to her.

I thought Gary was going to beat Peter's ass, but I love how Rome knows him well enough and persisted on making sure he didn't do something stupid.

locdempress

They both look like dirty potatoes with eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
@.Echo. I have never heard of sundowners so I went and googled and wow this kinda like my mom except she doesn't have dementia I don't believe since she has a job and is fine. I was telling my brother that she is fine in the daytime but something happens to her in the evening. She gets very disoriented and forgetful and very agitated. It kinda scares me. The only thing is like she still works at her job and everything but it's like she is a different person in the late afternoon.

I'm going to wait for more of us watchers to pour in before truly talkijg about the episode only cause I'm not good with the new website and I'm.afraid to mess the spoiler tag thing up lol.

I will say for a minute I thought Rome was talking to his brother. I thought the brother was pretending to be his dad to try to keep a connection going between the two.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
@.Echo. I have never heard of sundowners so I went and googled and wow this kinda like my mom except she doesn't have dementia I don't believe since she has a job and is fine. I was telling my brother that she is fine in the daytime but something happens to her in the evening. She gets very disoriented and forgetful and very agitated. It kinda scares me. The only thing is like she still works at her job and everything but it's like she is a different person in the late afternoon.

I'm going to wait for more of us watchers to pour in before truly talkijg about the episode only cause I'm not good with the new website and I'm.afraid to mess the spoiler tag thing up lol.

I will say for a minute I thought Rome was talking to his brother. I thought the brother was pretending to be his dad to try to keep a connection going between the two.
I hope your mum is OK. Keep an eye on her and see if there are any other triggers to her behaviour for example if she is in a certain place, around certain people, does it happen if she has a regular schedule. I think the personality change doesn't always have to be something serious like dementia or bipolar disorder, sometimes it can be like Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I totally forgot about Rome's brother, I can't even remember what happened to him.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
I hope your mum is OK. Keep an eye on her and see if there are any other triggers to her behaviour for example if she is in a certain place, around certain people, does it happen if she has a regular schedule. I think the personality change doesn't always have to be something serious like dementia or bipolar disorder, sometimes it can be like Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I totally forgot about Rome's brother, I can't even remember what happened to him.
I will! I keep bringing it up to my siblings but since she works everyday they think she is fine and just tired but she has been really weird acting and sometimes it seems like she has no real filter like how Sophia from Golden girls acts. My mom is always at the doctor's though and she is an RN. I think my brother's think she is fine as well because her doctors never say anything and she never missed an appointment.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
I will! I keep bringing it up to my siblings but since she works everyday they think she is fine and just tired but she has been really weird acting and sometimes it seems like she has no real filter like how Sophia from Golden girls acts. My mom is always at the doctor's though and she is an RN. I think my brother's think she is fine as well because her doctors never say anything and she never missed an appointment.
It's possible it's just stress. This year has been trying for everyone and with your mum being an RN it's probably more manic for her.

Sometimes it's easier to act out around those who love you as they know you and are more forgiving. It could just be her venting and getting carried away.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
It's possible it's just stress. This year has been trying for everyone and with your mum being an RN it's probably more manic for her.

Sometimes it's easier to act out around those who love you as they know you and are more forgiving. It could just be her venting and getting carried away.
So true and all her friends are retiring she is at retiring age herself but she said she doesn't have anything to do once she is home. I'm going to keep watching her and taking note. Asking the right questions when I call her like what has she been eating and doing and such.

Elizamichel

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,349 571 96
Alleybux
I feel sorry for Katherine she’s suffered so much with Eddie. If I was her the baby would be the last straw for me.
Aw Sophie this last episode broke my heart. Peter preyed on her.

dirtysexytalk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,608 498 39
Alleybux
Theo still sympathizes with Eddie's sorry ass.

Sophie messed up her audition because that creepy abuser stilted her confidence.

dirtysexytalk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,608 498 39
Alleybux
I'm very iffy about Maggie but her advice to Gary about listening to Sophie is 100% correct. Why do men always wanna fix things and move on without processing emotions?

TheLetterD

Fourth Letter of the Alphabet
Reaction score
Reactions
212,083 2,200 476
Alleybux
This episode was another solid one.

Gary is a fixer, but Maggie is right. Sophie has to decide what she wants in order to heal from the situation. I didn’t think she was going to fly to DeLIEah, but I will admit, at least we got a FaceTime conversation with the character.

I feel so sorry for Katherine. Idc if she’s still married and cheating, I’m rooting for her and Alan! Theo got on my damn nerves this episode. I know he’s a child(?), but I hate that he’s using his mother as a lightning rod for his anger. Eddie keeps getting these redemption plots and I’m so fµck!ng sick of it! He doesn’t deserve any of it, he has been a sh!t father, a sh!t husband, and a sh!t friend! He deserves to lose everything!

The Tyrell plot was so heartbreaking. However, I love that what I knew was coming finally came to be: Rome and Regina fostering Tyrell! They have shown that they do have paternal instincts and would make great parents. Also, it was really sweet what Rome did for his father.

Overall, this season has been picking up steam and I’m here for it. These last few episodes have been solid!

L84AD82DAY

Ian fell first. Mickey fell harder.
Reaction score
Reactions
16,544 852 2
Alleybux
I need Katherine to stop being meek and lowly. Why did she let Theo bully her into giving Eddie a hug? I really don’t like that child.
Edit: Finished the episode and I really don’t like that kid :cautious:
Re Next Episode: Get it Katherine! :b41

Last edited:

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
Urgh I can't stand Theo, what a spoiled and entitled little sh!t. How has he not figured out his dad is dog as he has a baby sister that isn't his mother's.

I'm glad for Rome and Regina being able to foster Tyrell. I wonder if they will go down the baby route again with them.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux

Next episode will air May 5th. Ugh!

Yes Katherine! Now kick him out of the house. I wouldn't be mad if she made him take Theo either.
tenor.gif

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
Yes Katherine! Now kick him out of the house. I wouldn't be mad if she made him take Theo either.
tenor.gif
Iktr! Let me.be Katherine for the divorce episode I sure would be Theo's weekend momma when it comes to the custody hearing. I'll pay all the child support they want. Let that asshole take care of Theo full time.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
Iktr! Let me.be Katherine for the divorce episode I sure would be Theo's weekend momma when it comes to the custody hearing. I'll pay all the child support they want. Let that asshole take care of Theo full time.
Nah screw that arsehole getting child support, she's been supporting them from the beginning. Eddie can go ahead and get a job to support that gremlin

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
Tyrell, Rome and Regina on the phone talking about Florence was funny. They need more screen time.

Can we minimise/cut Maggie's screen time and get Darcy and Katherine on the show more.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
Nah screw that arsehole getting child support, she's been supporting them from the beginning. Eddie can go ahead and get a job to support that gremlin
True but you know he will go for that child support.

PinkRage

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Reactions
77,060 1,447 626
Alleybux
I don’t appreciate how Gary’s new girlfriend is going up for Eddie and trying to convince Katherine that he’s changed. Even if he was reformed... too little too late. Damage is done.

dirtysexytalk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,608 498 39
Alleybux
I guess she feels like she can defend Eddie because she's troubled too (her PTSD) but it comes off as naïve.

PinkRage

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Reactions
77,060 1,447 626
Alleybux
I want Katherine to be happy, but I don’t think this is it... Feels out of character for her. I can’t root for it.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
What a manipulative sh!t bag Eddie is, he knew by saying in front of Theo Katherine would be forced to interact with him in a way which she didn't want to.

Katherine was right to hang up on Darcy when she started to defend Eddie. He doesn't need another person making excuses for him.

I hope they keep developing the friendships Katherine has with Regina and Gary.

I'm glad Katherine pulled the trigger on breaking up with Eddie and they better not try and ruin Alan's character.

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,539 1,506 370
Alleybux
What a manipulative sh!t bag Eddie is, he knew by saying in front of Theo Katherine would be forced to interact with him in a way which she didn't want to.

Katherine was right to hang up on Darcy when she started to defend Eddie. He doesn't need another person making excuses for him.

I hope they keep developing the friendships Katherine has with Regina and Gary.

I'm glad Katherine pulled the trigger on breaking up with Eddie and they better not try and ruin Alan's character.
Wait, who is Alan?

And yes, to developing those friendships.

Katherine needs to do her at this point. If leaving his ass is it, so be it.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
Wait, who is Alan?

And yes, to developing those friendships.

Katherine needs to do her at this point. If leaving his ass is it, so be it.
Alan is the lawyer she kissed and then went to the hotel with. He said he wants to be with her and he'd wait until she's ready.

I especially want them to develop the Regina and Katherine friendship otherwise it just feels like they have them interact when Regina needs legal help. I like that Gary despite being Eddie's friend first was there for her.

They better not make her get back with him after a while. At this stage he and Theo can disappear Delilah

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,539 1,506 370
Alleybux
Alan is the lawyer she kissed and then went to the hotel with. He said he wants to be with her and he'd wait until she's ready.

I especially want them to develop the Regina and Katherine friendship otherwise it just feels like they have them interact when Regina needs legal help. I like that Gary despite being Eddie's friend first was there for her.

They better not make her get back with him after a while. At this stage he and Theo can disappear Delilah
Ah okay. I like Alan. I’m also glad he’s Asian. Tired of the “Asian woman only finds YT men attractive and not her own” trope.

And yep, I am HERE for their divorce, her choosing HERSELF and finding true happiness storylines.

TheLetterD

Fourth Letter of the Alphabet
Reaction score
Reactions
212,083 2,200 476
Alleybux
This episode almost broke me, but it didn’t! I stayed strong.

Alright, let’s get the obvious stuff out of the way. On Reddit, the comments on the episode thread were lower than any other of the season. The ratings for this episode also were quite low. I think we know why that is. Anyway, on to my thoughts.

I have been very iffy when it comes to shows that have implemented the pandemic and BLM into their shows, but I feel AMLT has done it best. I know we watch these shows for escapism, however, sometimes people need a visual aid of how they feel. TV can help with that. I felt a lot like Rome this episode. The conversations he had with Tyrell and his father hit so close to home. The way he panicked when he found out Regina got hurt, I was shook. And then Rome breaking down and crying into his father’s arms. Lawd! Glad she was okay in the end.

I’m so glad they addressed how Gary gets to “choose” his identity. He’s biracial, but can pass in a White world. Even with his last name, people will brush it off because he doesn’t “look” Mexican. Thank goodness Darcy was able to explain to him why Rome blew up at him like that. At least he does want to get better and have more understanding.

Katherine needs to hurry up and divorce Eddie and get with Alan. It was so awkward, from Alan and Eddie having to be alone, to a random guy thinking Alan was Theo’s dad due to Theo looking more Asian than White. On top of that, I’m still baffled at they make Theo so childlike. It’s annoying at this point.

An episode where Maggie didn’t annoy me? Huzzah! Her boss was a b!tch! I’m glad she quit and I’m glad she’s going to still thrive after this.

Next episode is going to be good!

Last edited:

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
This episode almost broke it, but it didn’t! I stayed strong.

Alright, let’s get the obvious stuff out of the way. On Reddit, the comments on the episode thread were lower than any other of the season. The ratings for this episode also were quite low. I think we know why that is. Anyway, on to my thoughts.

I have been very iffy when it comes to shows that have implemented the pandemic and BLM into their shows, but I feel AMLT has done it best. I know we watch these shows for escapism, however, sometimes people need a visual aid of how they feel. TV can help with that. I felt a lot like Rome this episode. The conversations he had with Tyrell and his father hit so close to home. The way he panicked when he found out Regina got hurt, I was shook. And then Rome breaking down and crying into his father’s arms. Lawd! Glad she was okay in the end.

I’m so glad they addressed how Gary gets to “choose” his identity. He’s biracial, but can pass in a White world. Even with his last name, people will brush it off because he doesn’t “look” Mexican. Thank goodness Darcy was able to explain to him why Rome blew up at him like that. At least he does want to get better and have more understanding.

Katherine needs to hurry up and divorce Eddie and get with Alan. It was so awkward, from Alan and Eddie having to be alone, to a random guy thinking Alan was Theo’s dad due to Theo looking more Asian than White. On top of that, I’m still baffled at they make Theo so childlike. It’s annoying at this point.

An episode where Maggie didn’t annoy me? Huzzah! Her boss was a b!tch! I’m glad she quit and I’m glad she’s going to still thrive after this.

Next episode is going to be good!
Your comment got me ready to watch the episode. I also enjoyed your writing style. I think I'm one of the few people that likes when shows showcase current events and don't pretend they don't happen.