Quantcast

According to LSA, DS Black women are 'buked and scorned

DS Black women have been 'buked and 'scorned...

• True

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • False

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Out2Lunch215

I'm not chocolate; I'm chestnut brown
Reaction score
Reactions
115,236 5,213 4,713
Alleybux

Earlier today, I posted a version of this fictitious dialogue between fonts. Sure enough, over the course of the some font hit each point. How did this happen? Why are people are extrapolating their personal experience to all Black women?

Original post: Hannah Eko: As A Black Woman, I'm Tired Of Having To Prove My Womanhood

A fictitious exchange:

Dark-skinned lady warrior font: I have dark skin, I'm tall, and I'm muscular. I feel I've been judged not as attractive as other ladies because of my skin tone. I have been mistaken for a man. Based on my experiences, most or all dark-skinned Black women have been the victim of colorism and/or misgendered. We must fight for our humanity.

Dark-skinned lady neutral font: That has been not my experience.

Dark-skinned lady warrior font: You are lying. All dark-skinned Black women experience this.

Dark-skinned lady neutral font: I have no reason to lie.

Dark-skinned lady warrior font: Well, it's obvious you have internalized racism and colorism and you are complicit in your own degradation and dehumanization. You are gaslighting victims of colorism and dismissing their experience.

Dark-skinned lady neutral font: Nope. Racism exists but I don't believe that colorism, texturism, and
featurism in the US Black community are significant issues today.

Dark-skinned lady warrior font: You must be ignorant or have amnesia. Of course, these are significant issues. This is why we are the last picked as mates.

Dark-skinned lady neutral font: I've been Black all my life and I grew up around Black people of all shades. My husband's Black. I attended an HBCU, go to a Black church. I'm a K. I'm in the L!nk$ and JL. I have a job with a local university. I interact with a wide range of people everyday. I never felt slighted because of my dark complexion. My career and social life have not been impaired by my skin tone.

How is me sharing my experience gaslighting someone else? How does sharing my experience make me ignorant. Am I supposed to lie about my life to fit your (their) narrative?

Dark-skinned lady warrior font: Whatever. You must be too stupid to know that you are being victimized because of your dark skin. Or Maybe you don't want to be seen as problematic or angry. Freaking Auntie Thomasinia...I'm putting you on ignore.

Dark-skinned lady neutral font: Whet????

Jiwoby

black is ethereal
Reaction score
Reactions
1,894 24 7
Alleybux
You had me on board until this part:

“Dark-skinned lady neutral font: Nope. Racism exists but I don't believe that colorism,
texturism, and featurism in the US Black community are significant issues today.”

That’s genuinely a weird statement to make and just proves the point of the other DS Black woman. The argument went from “this is not my experience” to “I don’t think it’s a significant issue in the first place.” What was your intention writing this fictitious exchange?
giphy.gif

Was it really to ask these questions? Are you genuinely and in good faith confused and curious?

“How did this happen?”

A BW saw a problem and wanted to address it. Another didn’t agree.

“Why are people are extrapolating their personal experience to all Black women?”

These people you are referring to are also Black women. They likely generalized their experience as something known to all Black women because of the shared trait that led to their experience in the first place. Obviously that doesn’t make it accurate, but it’s not hard to figure out why a someone would assume their experience is shared by people with such a blatant similarity to them.

Tenochtitlan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,500 6,784 5,824
Alleybux
If Black women weren't thought as strong and manly then please explain how our people were enslaved for so many years and that it was justified based on us being stronger physically but mentally inferior.

I swear some of y'all on here are quick to dismiss anything negative pertaining to Black women, but if it's an article that says most Black women are entrepreneurs, college educated and make over 100k, most of y'all would chime in and say y'all fit that demographic, when the average Black woman doesn't have a college degree and makes around 38k a year.

Now, I'm not the average Black woman, but I won't ever pretend like those struggles exist.