Adam Driver accused of physical assault on the set of 2018 movie (Updated)

don't play it safe
Reactions
10,063 597 263
Alleybux
Untitled-design-20.png

Portuguese actress Lídia Franco exposed Adam Driver's violent behavior on set of the 2018 movie "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", directed by Terry Gilliam and starring the actor. During a podcast that is making headlines in Portuguese media today, the 76-year-old actress accused her American colleague of “behaving very badly” and having bad attitudes. “Good actor but terrible person”, she guarantees.

"I had a terrible experience making that movie because of Adam Driver. He might be great as an actor, but he is a terrible person and does not deserve for us to be here now talking about him", the actress began by stressing. "He behaved very badly with me. Physically. He attacked me. [...] And it had nothing to do with the scene. It's very serious. [...] Their hands were tied [the members of the production] and could not do anything […] It was an attack camouflaged with a chair”, she says in an uncomfortable tone.

Lídia Franco also revealed the requirements that Adam Driver imposed on the production of the film.

"One of the things he started doing in Spain was to demand that, in rehearsals, all technicians leave the stage. He demanded this and continued to do so in Portugal, but some Portuguese technicians refused. He said 'turn around', I saw at least one leaving the studio," she recalls, realizing that this was a requirement indicated in the actor's contract.

"He demanded, I think by contract, that no one could look at him. If they looked, the extras were immediately fired. And it happened," reveals the Portuguese artist.

Even with the distressing situations, Lídia Franco did not want to give up on the international project, despite having discussed it with the film's crew. The actress explains that she was given permission to abandon the film by production as they lamented being legally unable to take action.
"They came to me and said, 'Lídia, what he's doing is awful, but by contract we cannot do anything. You are free, if you want, to leave.' And I said I will not abandon this film. So I stayed there, putting up with him," added the actress.

This is not the first time the Portuguese has criticized Driver's behavior. Last year, Franco confessed that she had “hated” working with the American, in an interview with Portuguese magazine TV7 Dias, “I hated working with Adam Driver, truly hated. Terrible colleague! He treated everyone badly." "He was disrespectful towards the extras… More than just being disrespectful… But it's best to be silent about what he did, otherwise I might even be called a liar," she said at the time.

translatation via other forum
some of the orig sources: Lídia Franco revela momento tenso com Adam Driver: "Agrediu-me" Lídia Franco revela que foi agredida por Adam Driver: "Ele é extraordinário como ator, mas é uma péssima pessoa"
Adam Driver “portou-se mal” com Lídia Franco

Update 2:

Update 3:

Last edited:
Reactions
9,678 400 151
Alleybux
Untitled-design-20.png

Portuguese actress Lídia Franco exposed Adam Driver's violent behavior on set of the 2018 movie "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", directed by Terry Gilliam and starring the actor. During a podcast that is making headlines in Portuguese media today, the 76-year-old actress accused her American colleague of “behaving very badly” and having bad attitudes. “Good actor but terrible person”, she guarantees.

"I had a terrible experience making that movie because of Adam Driver. He might be great as an actor, but he is a terrible person and does not deserve for us to be here now talking about him", the actress began by stressing. "He behaved very badly with me. Physically. He attacked me. [...] And it had nothing to do with the scene. It's very serious. [...] Their hands were tied [the members of the production] and could not do anything […] It was an attack camouflaged with a chair”, she says in an uncomfortable tone.

Lídia Franco also revealed the requirements that Adam Driver imposed on the production of the film.

"One of the things he started doing in Spain was to demand that, in rehearsals, all technicians leave the stage. He demanded this and continued to do so in Portugal, but some Portuguese technicians refused. He said 'turn around', I saw at least one leaving the studio," she recalls, realizing that this was a requirement indicated in the actor's contract.

"He demanded, I think by contract, that no one could look at him. If they looked, the extras were immediately fired. And it happened," reveals the Portuguese artist.

Even with the distressing situations, Lídia Franco did not want to give up on the international project, despite having discussed it with the film's crew. The actress explains that she was given permission to abandon the film by production as they lamented being legally unable to take action.
"They came to me and said, 'Lídia, what he's doing is awful, but by contract we cannot do anything. You are free, if you want, to leave.' And I said I will not abandon this film. So I stayed there, putting up with him," added the actress.

This is not the first time the Portuguese has criticized Driver's behavior. Last year, Franco confessed that she had “hated” working with the American, in an interview with Portuguese magazine TV7 Dias, “I hated working with Adam Driver, truly hated. Terrible colleague! He treated everyone badly. He was disrespectful towards the extras… More than just being disrespectful… But it's best to be silent about what he did, otherwise I might even be called a liar."

translatation via other forum
orig sources: Lídia Franco revela momento tenso com Adam Driver: "Agrediu-me" Lídia Franco revela que foi agredida por Adam Driver: "Ele é extraordinário como ator, mas é uma péssima pessoa"

Ive heard of several actors/entertainers requesting that people not look them in the eyes. My ex who worked at roseland said Madonna demanded this of staff too.

What does it mean?

Reactions
13,774 116 404
Alleybux
I love how this was a whole article about Adam Driver being a diva on set and all it’s distilled down to is “he attacked a woman”. So him being shitty to the dozens of other people doesn’t matter?

Anyway, fuck that guy. Normally I try to give benefit of the doubt but I’ve seen Adam Driver be funny acting in interviews and shit to be believe he’s an asshole weirdo.

don't play it safe
Reactions
10,063 597 263
Alleybux
I dunno, I feel like if he were really like that on set more people would have spilled by now.

Uhh legal action as the actress herself mentions a few times? Also he seems to have a pretty big industry machine working behind him in the last few years so I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, will this story even make relevant international headlines?

I love how this was a whole article about Adam Driver being a diva on set and all it’s distilled down to is “he attacked a woman”. So him being shitty to the dozens of other people doesn’t matter?

Anyway, fuck that guy. Normally I try to give benefit of the doubt but I’ve seen Adam Driver be funny acting in interviews and shit to be believe he’s an asshole weirdo.

If it's true I'd say the physical assault is easily the worst part of this story (even if the rest would obviously be shitty behavior as well), no?

Reactions
234,342 18,009 1,224
Alleybux
When he walked out of that NPR interview because the host played a clip, I knew he had some mental health issues
favicons
THE DAILY BEAST ›

Adam Driver Walks Out of NPR ‘Fresh Air’ Interview Over ‘Marriage Story’ Clip
MAXWELL TANI DECEMBER 17, 2019

In walking out on Gross, the actor joins an eclectic group of famous (and occasionally prickly) celebrities who have spurned the iconic Philadelphia-based radio host, who has long held the reputation as one of the most renowned U.S. radio journalists and interviewers.

Gross New Yorker profile in October 2019, interlocutor Michael Schulman described Driver’s reluctance to watch himself as a “phobia.” The actor himself recalled feeling nauseous during a première of Star Wars: The Force Awakens; and hiding out in a greenroom during a screening of BlacKkKlansmen.

Marriage Story, which was released on Netflix earlier this month, follows a young married couple (Driver and Scarlett Johansson) as they navigate an increasingly contentious divorce. The release of the latest Baumbach film on the streaming platform has fueled praise for Driver and interest in some of the film’s key moments: Critics have analyzed and lauded the actor’s performance of “Being Alive,” while clips of a major blow-up between the two leads have become a popular meme format.

Driver has been on a press binge promoting three major, nearly simultaneous movie releases: On Friday, he’s set to close out the Star Wars sequel trilogy as the villain Kylo Ren in The Rise of Skywalker; and he’s received overwhelmingly positive reviews for his starring role in Marriage Story and as a dogged investigator in the re-telling of the U.S. Senate report on Bush-era torture in Amazon’s The Report.

In walking out on Gross, the actor joins an eclectic group of famous (and occasionally prickly) celebrities who have spurned the iconic Philadelphia-based radio host, who has long held the reputation as one of the most renowned U.S. radio journalists and interviewers.

Gross recalled in the early 2000s that rock icon Lou Reed stormed out of an interview after just a few questions. Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner didn’t like what Gross asked about magazine subscriptions, while former Fox News host and accused sexual harasser Bill O’Reilly famously hung up on Gross during a 2003 interview, arguing that her tough questions were unfair.

Reactions
1,228 4
Alleybux
When he walked out of that NPR interview because the host played a clip, I knew he had some mental health issues
favicons
THE DAILY BEAST ›

MAXWELL TANI DECEMBER 17, 2019

Gross New Yorker profile in October 2019, interlocutor Michael Schulman described Driver’s reluctance to watch himself as a “phobia.” The actor himself recalled feeling nauseous during a première of Star Wars: The Force Awakens; and hiding out in a greenroom during a screening of BlacKkKlansmen.

Marriage Story, which was released on Netflix earlier this month, follows a young married couple (Driver and Scarlett Johansson) as they navigate an increasingly contentious divorce. The release of the latest Baumbach film on the streaming platform has fueled praise for Driver and interest in some of the film’s key moments: Critics have analyzed and lauded the actor’s performance of “Being Alive,” while clips of a major blow-up between the two leads have become a popular meme format.

Driver has been on a press binge promoting three major, nearly simultaneous movie releases: On Friday, he’s set to close out the Star Wars sequel trilogy as the villain Kylo Ren in The Rise of Skywalker; and he’s received overwhelmingly positive reviews for his starring role in Marriage Story and as a dogged investigator in the re-telling of the U.S. Senate report on Bush-era torture in Amazon’s The Report.

Gross recalled in the early 2000s that rock icon Lou Reed stormed out of an interview after just a few questions. Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner didn’t like what Gross asked about magazine subscriptions, while former Fox News host and accused sexual harasser Bill O’Reilly famously hung up on Gross during a 2003 interview, arguing that her tough questions were unfair.

Gross has a habit of pulling this bullshit...
she was asked prior to the interview not to play the clip. Just to go ahead and play it anyway.

Reactions
1,228 4
Alleybux
Nooooo...I liked him. Dammit!!! Why can't these actors just be normal human beings??!! You can't even like anyone anymore...Nkt!
Nooooo...I liked him. Dammit!!! Why can't these actors just be normal human beings??!! You can't even like anyone anymore...Nkt!
This has been disproven...
This actress has a habit of making things up in the local press. I will find the information and translate it. Give me a bit.

I send scary bitches to the Shadow Realm!!!
Reactions
19,247 222 27
Alleybux
I'm surprised this ugly muffaletta looking man is being touted as the next movie star. From that white washed Lena Dunham girls show to the watered down cringe star wars movies. Isn't this the one who couldn't wait to kill Brown people as revenge for 9/11? Isn't this the one who comes from a slavery background or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Imagine a black person acting like this on set. This ugly white man has stans here too. Another Shia labouf in the making.

Trending Threads

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Black people are the useful idiots of Democrats.
BW are accustomed to giving unyielding loyalty, devotion, and support and not have it reciprocated. Ask BM.
Lizzo says fat people are oppressed
Even though being fat can be deadly in terms of going to the doctor, and it can stop one from obtaining jobs.... So does being black. So like I...
UPDATE Rapper AKA's fiance Nelli commits suicide
He fell hard for Nelli. Shame... This makes me feel sorry for him
Rebecca Silvera is dating Footballer Jerome Boateng
Well the family been trashing Keti for two month now amd Keti is the one to take kasia and her son into her house when her own mother did not want...
My mom has arthritis and won’t go to the doctor
Not much you can do. Pray, I guess. If she is in her right mind then she's free to make her own decisions.
How do you like living in New York City as a Black person?
I know you weren't talking to me but can I PM you?I live in Manhattan now but know I'm not making the most of my opportunities by being here, I'd...
Don't Drag Me But I Have a Crush on a Former Gambino Crime Family Crew Member!
I've been watching Sopranos clips on YouTube lately....check it out OP. I love the Sopranos. Yeah it was a violent show but it was also hilarious...
Top Bottom