Quantcast

Adam Driver appreciation thread

glossygloss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
59,144 1,012 1,396
Alleybux
I could see him being a moody asshole. I can also see him being really nice and gracious too.

I think celebrity can make you a bit meaner. Everyone always wants a piece of you and you don’t know what a stranger wants when they’re coming up to you. I can see him being defensive about his privacy and personal space. I know I am.

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
There is some points that tell me that Adam anf DB are not in contact with everyone from Juilliard too. Look for the hashtag group38 on IG. It's their Juilliard's group tag.
There is one really old photo with DB that it's priceless hahaha.
But it seens that every 'group' (class) sticks together. They're almost family. There is photos on weddings, birthday parties, dinners, even christmas dinners on group. You don't see Adam or DB with these group 38. Never.
I always assumed that Adam was busy and working on the last years but DB has no reason to avoid that group for years. Yet I noticed that Adam always has a RBF when he is with DB that he never has when he isn't around her (like the photo with the fan in LA this year).
Riseofblackdiamond aka Yummy, it's funny how you call people who stick up for Joanne "stans" but here you are going out of your way to look through IG for people they went to school with?? Who is the obsessed stan now lol?

And you now speak for Joanne too? Who are you to decide for her that she has no reason to avoid that group and who says she even does? Look in the mirror if you want to talk about obsessive stans. You've gone to every social media slinging your hate for YEARS and then act all innocent and say " I don't have to like her." Girlie, your obsession is showing.

Last edited:

Mushroomfart

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,874 331 20
Alleybux
I could see him being a moody asshole. I can also see him being really nice and gracious too.

I think celebrity can make you a bit meaner. Everyone always wants a piece of you and you don’t know what a stranger wants when they’re coming up to you. I can see him being defensive about his privacy and personal space. I know I am.
Yeah I agree. I think he's probably naturally quite shy with bitchy resting face. Add to that his sheer size and physical presence and he probably makes for an imposing and intimidating person even if he's not trying to be.

I read an interview with the guy who played Chewie in the new Star wars and he mentioned something about how AD kept to himself and wasn't particularly friendly but at some point AD apologised for not joining in like everyone else and AD acknowledged he's not a particularly social person on set. It wasn't that he was aloof or an ahole...just hanging out goofing around wasn't his thing.

I think people in general care less about pleasing other people as they get older and AD clearly is not interested in being a "celebrity" so he probably dislikes all the attention/demands that come with that.

Jmho.

WithoutShame

"Don't get comfortable."
Reaction score
Reactions
2,338 149 34
Alleybux
Yeah I agree. I think he's probably naturally quite shy with bitchy resting face. Add to that his sheer size and physical presence and he probably makes for an imposing and intimidating person even if he's not trying to be.

I read an interview with the guy who played Chewie in the new Star wars and he mentioned something about how AD kept to himself and wasn't particularly friendly but at some point AD apologised for not joining in like everyone else and AD acknowledged he's not a particularly social person on set. It wasn't that he was aloof or an ahole...just hanging out goofing around wasn't his thing.

I think people in general care less about pleasing other people as they get older and AD clearly is not interested in being a "celebrity" so he probably dislikes all the attention/demands that come with that.

Jmho.
From a few fans whom have had pleasant encounters with him, he is almost universally depicted as being "incredibly shy" and "reserved." He was also "very gracious" and made time to speak with everyone.
I am incredibly shy/introveted, and I have to make a concentrated effort to get out of my comfort zone and not close myself off. A few of my co-workers once accused me of being "cold" and "stuck up", until informed them that I was just shy.

I don't know of the encounter between this individual and Adam or what transpired to make him dislike Adam so, but I hope it was just a case of miscommunication and a misunderstanding of Adam's character/personality.

MizzMallow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
649 21 6
Alleybux
Dang so she didn’t grow up at all from the time she was 14 to when I met her at a party, guess there really isn’t a cure for being a cunt

Madison22

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
230 3
Alleybux
Dang so she didn’t grow up at all from the time she was 14 to when I met her at a party, guess there really isn’t a cure for being a cunt

I guess with some people it's sh!t you do when you're younger but you learn and grow........ others it might just be a full time personality?!? Money can't buy class or "de-c***" some one lol

jessicamarte

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
588 14 7
Alleybux

Hahahahaha this isn’t the first time i’ve heard about her not being that pleasant to deal with. Even adam has joked about her being honest with her ”hate” when he sucks according to her. Imagine being married to that energy. Makes me side eye him a bit though and I hope he isn’t like that in private

WithoutShame

"Don't get comfortable."
Reaction score
Reactions
2,338 149 34
Alleybux
Makes me side eye him a bit though and I hope he isn’t like that in private.
Like I always say: you date/marry what you allow. Adam knew how she acted, or had some idea. If he is unhappy, he knows what he needs to do. He is a 38-year-old grown ass man; he is no victim. No one is forcing him to remain in a dead relationship. Again, I don't know Joanne. People change, mature and grow up. Hopefully, we are not in the same place we were in middle school/high school, and if so, you are severely emotionally stunted and life needs to hit you a little bit harder. My hope is that Joanne changed and had a Come to Jesus Moment somewhere.

As someone who was bullied in secondary school, I know how traumatic the experience is. I am still recovering, even after almost 14 years. Words hurt and people remember. I hope this lady finds peace.

Last edited:

jessicamarte

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
588 14 7
Alleybux
Like I always say: you date/marry what you allow. Adam knew how she acted, or had some idea. If he is unhappy, he knows what he needs to do. He is a 38-year-old grown ass man; he is no victim. No one is forcing him to remain in a dead relationship. Again, I don't know Joanne. People change, mature and grow up. Hopefully, we are not in the same place we were in middle school/high school, and if so, you are severely emotionally stunted and life needs to hit you a little bit harder. My hope is that Joanne changed and had a Come to Jesus Moment somewhere.

As someone who was bullied in secondary school, I know how traumatic the experience is. I am still recovering, even after almost 14 years. Words hurt and people remember. I hope this lady finds peace.
Yes, I agree he is a grown as man. I have never been bullied but i loathed bullies and if I saw people bully I would say something, everyone deserve that kindness.

Madison22

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
230 3
Alleybux

Completely agree. It's one thing for kids to be kids and basically be assholes without the consequences and it's another thing to still be like that in your later years. As someone who also shares the experience of being bullied throughout my childhood and teens I empathize with other victims because we share that trauma. Not gonna sugar coat it but it does eff you up. My severe social anxiety is rooted from the nerves of having to go school everyday and deal, to transferring to my adult years of just going out. So I get where that person is coming from, to be crippled by something so later in your life from a time frame that was so short in the bigger picture.

However, I'm all for growth. To change ways and be better etc. People can be dicks and realise that's not doing anything for anyone and evolve, or people can stay in that mind frame throughout their life. Bullies are bullies coz they think they're at the top of their game, in short they've peaked. They think they're top of the food chain, then reality b!tch slaps them. Two options : learn and grow or be stuck like that and see how far it gets you.

I hope for anyone recovering that they heal and I hope the people who caused it do some inner work. It just sucks that sometimes people are just naturally built that way, forever looking down on others and yet still get so much more in life after causing so much damage.

I am in no position to judge and claim she's still her 14 year old self in a 39(???) year old body, but I can't honestly say some sh!t don't make me side eye

maymary

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
11 5
Alleybux
A user on reddit got the cult book copy and it's completly different from what ppl have being saying... seems like her mother was really a victim....

MizzMallow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
649 21 6
Alleybux
A user on reddit got the cult book copy and it's completly different from what ppl have being saying... seems like her mother was really a victim....

I got the book on NetGalley, that’s not the whole story. I’m only about 75% through, but she’s a victim and a perpetrator.
She only got higher up in the organisation after she divorced the author and she’s still involved to this day. There’s some testimony on cult support forums (which are a thing apparently????) about all the trash she’s done to people and it’s so gross. Like mother like daughter I guess

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
I got the book on NetGalley, that’s not the whole story. I’m only about 75% through, but she’s a victim and a perpetrator.
She only got higher up in the organisation after she divorced the author and she’s still involved to this day. There’s some testimony on cult support forums (which are a thing apparently????) about all the trash she’s done to people and it’s so gross. Like mother like daughter I guess

No, she is out of the cult. She was also made a teacher at the same time her husband was made a sustainer, not after they split up, which was a way to control both of them because that evil b!tch leader Sharon Gans knew there were followers who wanted to leave and some had. Please share the link to the forums where people talk about what she personally did. She was never in the higher level of the cult like certain people want to put out there. She was a teacher, not a top level person. Her Mom was also kicked out out the cult and Sharon bitched she wasn't great material for the group.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
4,843 75 8
Alleybux
Aight so boom

Went to the Naval Aviation museum today because I'm on a lil vacay and my toddler loves planes. I had joked with my mom that we should've came last month so I could meet Adam, and an older lady who works there heard me and laughed, and said he was "stoic and mostly looked like he didn't want to be there. His wife did alot of the talking. But he's overall very polite, and looked like he was sleepy until it came time to do the reading."

MizzMallow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
649 21 6
Alleybux
No, she is out of the cult. She was also made a teacher at the same time her husband was made a sustainer, not after they split up. Please share the link to the forums where people talk about what she personally did. She was never in the higher level of the cult like certain people want to put out there. She was a teacher, not a top level person.
Fine.

I’d say being included in the founders will at one point is pretty high up, but whatever you say. Anyone who is actively and knowingly recruiting people into a cult is scum in my book.

MizzMallow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
649 21 6
Alleybux
Fine.

I’d say being included in the founders will at one point is pretty high up, but whatever you say. Anyone who is actively and knowingly recruiting people into a cult is scum in my book.

Turns out I posted about this months ago and forgot, I guess this is the power of cult sh!t.

The will was amended in 2019 so,,,,,, yeah odds are she’s still in

Post in thread 'Adam Driver appreciation thread'

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
Turns out I posted about this months ago and forgot, I guess this is the power of cult sh!t.

The will was amended in 2019 so,,,,,, yeah odds are she’s still in

Post in thread 'Adam Driver appreciation thread'

So, you have no links to forums where people say "about all the trash she’s done to people" as you claim. Those links don't detail anything she did.

She is not in it and left. Just because you say "odds are" doesn't make it true. If you are reading the book you know how brainwashed she was. She was also written out of the will and removed from it. That isn't very surprising considering she was kicked out of the group at one point and Sharon bitched about her to her husband and said she wasn't good material for the group. Her boss is one of the 4 that the cult was given to when Sharon died. That Minerva woman held her career in her hands.

If she did bad sh!t, I will call her out but you are making assumptions and claiming sh!t that you dont have the back up for. I'm sure she wasn't perfect and guess what, she was brainwashed just like the other followers. Both her and her husband most likely didn't handle everything perfectly. But that doesn't make her anything like Sharon.

Last edited:

delta48

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,111 12 1
Alleybux
Throwback Cannes 2019

mubilat_282326954_126116526723195_5891891075020455457_n.jpg
mubilat_282262184_746894613172736_3011104445507885749_n.jpg
mubilat_281942476_5016391021742116_2986250968845877290_n.jpg

delta48

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,111 12 1
Alleybux
Adam Driver in The Art of Discovery book by Jeff Vespa, 2014

FTf8TIPWUAQxbnJ

“Older actors inspire me. I equate it to how the ancient Romans would respect their elders. I worked with Dianne West on an obscure Ostrovsky play, The Forest. Dianne was relentless. Once, I was on my way back to the rehearsal from lunch, and I passed a pizza place. I saw Dianne sitting in the back with her head in her hands, looking completely depleted. It seemed like she was so tortured from living to make this play work. There was a woman who I've watched for years in movies, and think is a brilliant actor, still asking herself the same questions that she's asked herself since her first movie. She helped me discover that it’s more about the journey and the process and not about the end result: because an actor’s journey never ends”-Adam Driver, The Art of Discovery

WithoutShame

"Don't get comfortable."
Reaction score
Reactions
2,338 149 34
Alleybux

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
Last edited:

delta48

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,111 12 1
Alleybux
Screendaily.com gives us hope that this year's Venice Film Festival Netflix will present Noah Baumbach's "White Noise" starring Greta Gerwig and Adam Driver. The festival will be held from August 31 to September 10

w3lTbAsaY36j4uXK6Dy2jp75rzn0Fvibr9w1TIiXkJPAYXSNC32_BxZ4GIItqsv5POm8Hk_r.jpg

adamdriver_official_fan_284120002_724556852073888_5760556523053056232_n.jpg

Yummyboba

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
168 21 8
Alleybux
Hahahahaha this isn’t the first time i’ve heard about her not being that pleasant to deal with. Even adam has joked about her being honest with her ”hate” when he sucks according to her. Imagine being married to that energy. Makes me side eye him a bit though and I hope he isn’t like that in private
I think he said that she was "brutally honest"? Not the good honest anyway.

Yummyboba

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
168 21 8
Alleybux

How there is a link if you look on the ex-stepfather's IG he only shows that some crime podcasts and blogs got a book to read? The book was not released yet.
P.S: forget it. I found the link and I need that a copy right now. The reviews are very interesting.

Last edited:

Yummyboba

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
168 21 8
Alleybux
Exaclty. Check his blog about the cult. He was divorced years before he mentioned on his blog that DB's mother was still on the cult's owner's will. So they didn't leave the cult together.
Btw if you look for Cynthia's name online also says that she still works at some temporary work agency known for still giving money to the cult. The president of the agency is allegedly also another member of the cult.

Last edited:

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
Exaclty. Check his blog about the cult. He was divorced years before he mentioned on his blog that DB's mother was still on the cult's owner's will. So they didn't leave the cult together.
Btw if you look for Cynthia's name online also says that she still works at some temporary work agency known for still giving money to the cult. The president of the agency is allegedly also another member of the cult.

Rise it's soooooo funny how you come here and try to act like you don't know about the book or who you really are. No one said they left the cult together. The book says they didn't. He left first. The owner of the agency she works for is one of the high up people. That's why she was worried she would lose her job. She was brainwashed to believe she would never get work outside of the group. Her ex says that in the book, which you know. That was one of their control tactic of brainwaishing. She was written out of the will later. That Sharon lady never liked her. She threw her out before. Sharon told the ex that she wasn't cerebral enough for them. You know all this Rise.

MizzMallow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
649 21 6
Alleybux
Rise it's soooooo funny how you come here and try to act like you don't know about the book or who you really are. No one said they left the cult together. The book says they didn't. He left first. The owner of the agency she works for is one of the high up people. That's why she was worried she would lose her job. She was brainwashed to believe she would never get work outside of the group. Her ex says that in the book, which you know. That was one of their control tactic of brainwaishing. She was written out of the will later. That Sharon lady never liked her. She threw her out before. Sharon told the ex that she wasn't cerebral enough for them. You know all this Rise.
Who the fµck is Rise and why are you acting like you know anyone here

WithoutShame

"Don't get comfortable."
Reaction score
Reactions
2,338 149 34
Alleybux
On a totally different note, have some Flip...the things I would do.....

images
Same, Sis, same! I personally feel like Adam was his sexiest when he portrayed Flip Zimmerman and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo...chef's kiss

Edit: Also gotta love Clyde!

Last edited:

Mushroomfart

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,874 331 20
Alleybux
Same, Sis, same! I personally feel like Adam was his sexiest when he portrayed Flip Zimmerman and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo...chef's kiss
Same! I go through phases with him. Sometimes it's Kylo, I'm currently on a Flip trip but have just been in a Clyde phase too. I love me some Clyde too!

Oh also Sackler...and Adam from Not waving but Drowning...actually f"ck it...ALL OF THEM!!

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
Who the fµck is Rise and why are you acting like you know anyone here

HA. Rise is Yummy but ya'll know that. She is the stan from Reddit that ya'll used to say was crazy but hey, now you embrace her here. I've read this place for years and y'all did used to say she was crazy. She will deny deny deny but we know it's her. We can spot her a mile away. She finally came here where she knows there are people who trash Joanne or DB as you call her. Ha Ha. Carry on.

Last edited:

WithoutShame

"Don't get comfortable."
Reaction score
Reactions
2,338 149 34
Alleybux
HA. Rise is Yummy but ya'll know that. She is the stan from Reddit that ya'll used to say was crazy but hey, now you embrace her here. I've read this place for years and y'all did used to say she was crazy. She will deny deny deny but we know it's her. We can spot her a mile away. She finally came here where she knows there are people who trash Joanne or DB as you call her. Ha Ha. Carry on.
Listen, this is none of my business, or anything, but with literally EVERYTHING going on right now, why does it matter? Literally, NO ONE is dogging JT, or is talking badly about her.
We do not know her. Period. Again: WE. DO. NOT. KNOW. HER.
Yet, you defend her like she is your best friend and anyone who has a differing opinion about her is a vilian and you have to come rushing in to her defense.

Chill, sweetheart. If Yummy triggers you much, don't interact with her and vice versa. This is a gossip page that is for sh!ts and gigs; it's not that serious or deep.

Just mho.

Muzik00

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
73 3 1
Alleybux
Listen, this is none of my business, or anything, but with literally EVERYTHING going on right now, why does it matter? Literally, NO ONE is dogging JT, or is talking badly about her.
We do not know her. Period. Again: WE. DO. NOT. KNOW. HER.
Yet, you defend her like she is your best friend and anyone who has a differing opinion about her is a vilian and you have to come rushing in to her defense.

Chill, sweetheart. If Yummy triggers you much, don't interact with her and vice versa. This is a gossip page that is for sh!ts and gigs; it's not that serious or deep.

Just mho.

Uh sure, no one is dogging her ha ha. Have you been reading here? This thread talks more about Joanne not Adam. What is with that denial? But that is always the case when it comes to shitting on Joanne. The haters are allowed to say what they want (and that is just all in good fun right?) but anyone who defends her is said we are defending her like our best friend or some sh!t like that. Any kind of defending her is not okay. Ha ha. What a double standard.

As for Yummy/Riseofblackdiamond, I will call her on her sh!t. She has been preaching her Joanne hate for YEARS on every social media there is. She has put out conspiracy theories, daiver sh!t (she's a big big big Daisy stan), said he isn't the father of their kid and even told people to go to THEIR HOUSE to protest her family history in Bermuda. If y'all think that is okay you go right ahead. I don't and I will say it. So, sorry I don't think that is sh!t and giggles and it's deep AF.

I never said people here can't have their opinion. But I will share mine. Are people who don't want to dog on her being censored here? Are only haters and people who want to dog on her (and let's not pretend that doesn't happen here omg, don't even try) allowed to talk here? Interesting.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom