African Americans invented SKA, Reggae, and Toasting

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
Jamaicans owe all of their music to African Americans/ADOS people.

SKA bµllsh!t ain't nothing but dreads attempt at making 1950s African American Rock N' Roll

First SKA record 1959

On Reggae:

"Reggae developed from ska and rocksteady in the 1960s. Larry And Alvin's ‘Nanny Goat’ and the Beltones’ ‘No More Heartaches’ competed for the status of first reggae record. The beat was distinctive from rocksteady in that it dropped any of the pretensions to the smooth, soulful sound that characterized slick American R&B, and instead was closer in kinship to US southern funk, being heavily dependent on the rhythm section to drive it along."

Reggae - Wikipedia

"The Kingston-born Dodd used to play records to the customers in his parents' shop. During a spell in the American South he became familiar with the rhythm and blues music popular there at the time. In 1954, back in Jamaica, he set up the Downbeat Sound System, being the owner of an amplifier, a turntable, and some US records, which he would import from New Orleans and Miami.

With the success of his sound system, and in a competitive environment, Dodd would make trips through the US looking for new tunes to attract the Jamaican public. While he did, his mother Doris Darlington would run the sound system and play the tunes. Dodd opened five different sound systems, each playing every night. To run his sound systems, Dodd appointed people such as Lee "Scratch" Perry, who was Dodd's right-hand man during his early career, U-Roy and Prince Buster."

You only make music because of us.

"When the R&B craze ended in the United States, Dodd and his rivals were forced to begin recording their own Jamaican music in order to meet the local demand for new music. "

Coxsone Dodd - Wikipedia

Coxsone Dodd is the father of Jamaican music. Jamaicans use him and his sound systems by way of Kool Herc to claim they invented Hop Hop, eventhough Kool Herc has said himself Jamaican sound systems were not used in and had nothing to do with Hip Hop. Well check out were Dodd got his sound system and ideas for outdoor parties from. The same outdoor parties Jamaicans claim African Americans didn't have until they showed up in America and created it.

"Though Dodd grew up in Kingston, it was while working as a cane cutter in the U.S. South that he was exposed to both outdoor dance parties and rhythm and blues. Returning to Jamaica, he became one of the originators of the huge portable sound systems that became a sensation on the island in the 1950s, providing a movable feast of mostly American rhythm-and-blues records."

Sir Coxsone Dodd | Jamaican record producer

On toasting

Jamaicans claim they introduced toasting to African Americans and that is how rapping got to America. When we know that a damn lie and African Americans have an extremely rich history rapping, rhyming, poetry, call and response, and jive talking that goes back to the slavery days.

How the hell you taught us something we taught you?

"Count Matchuki, born Winston Cooper in 1934, is widely considered the first toaster. He was raised in a family that had more money than others so he grew up with two gramophones in the home and was exposed to swing, jazz, bebop, and rhythm & blues. He says that he got the idea to begin toasting over records after hearing American radio. He told this to Mark Gorney and Michael Turner as they recount in a 1996 issue of Beat Magazine. “I was walking late one night about a quarter to three. Somewhere in Denham Town. And I hear this guy on the radio, some American guy advertising Royal Crown Hair Dressing. ‘You see you’re drying up with this one, Johnny, try Royal Crown. When you’re downtown you’re the smartest guy in town, when you use Royal Crown and Royal Crown make you the smartest guy in town.’ That deliverance! This guy sound like a machine! A tongue-twister! I heard that in 1949. On one of them States stations that was really strong. I hear this guy sing out ‘pon the radio and I just like the sound. And I say, I think I can do better. I’d like to play some recordings and just jive talk like this guy.”

Jive Talking and Toasting part two - Foundation SKA

Just wanted to get some straightening. Folks running around talkin bout what they have to African Americans but dont know they own history.

More to come.

Last edited:

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux

They even claim African American female artists learned to be edgy from them. We taught you how to rap. 1930s

Cozy Puff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
131,386 3,040 491
Alleybux
giphy.gif

RobynsRight

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
65,931 691 638
Alleybux
:ROFLMAO:, y’all be killing me sometimes. I already know what this is about to be.

I don’t know if they owe ALL of their music to us. But they would be lying if they said they weren’t inspired by us. I mean, musically, we have propelled/created many genres that have been consumed globally.

Leavemealoneporfavor

qué será, será
Reaction score
Reactions
84,403 1,202 518
Alleybux
Can we have like a peaceful Monday in here without threads like ADOS vs everyone else, bi men whole existence and black men are trash?

There is always some fuckery out in here.

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
:ROFLMAO:, y’all be killing me sometimes. I already know what this is about to be.

I don’t know if they owe ALL of their music to us. But they would be lying if they said they weren’t inspired by us. I mean, musically, we have propelled/created many genres that have been consumed globally.
They claim we owe them when they have us absolutely nothing. Kool Herc had a Jamaican background and that's where it ends

Hip Hop is 100% African American

HoneyDipped97

Baby Girl for Life
Reaction score
Reactions
10,759 284 74
Alleybux
Also, diasporic music is inherently linked together because, whether people like it or not, we have very similar cultural and rhythmic motifs. That’s why, even over hundreds of years, AA, Caribbean, African and some South American music sounds so similar. We literally come from the same place. Lawdddd!

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
You guys and your insecurities are insufferable. Good God!
Insecurity my ass. If Sudanese people started claiming they invented everything Ethiopian people have ever done you'd be pissed too. I am just stating facts because there is way too much misinformation about African American history online.

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,892 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
this is partly true, ska was influenced by the rnb music of the time which later led to reggae. there are actual documentaries on this as well as papers

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
Even the words Hip and rap are African American slang that go back to the Jazz era. What's jamaican about it?

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
This is a joke retaliation thread for one of y'all saying that ADOS did not create hip hop, and that Caribbeans did.
This ain't no damn joke. Everything I posted is facts stated by those Jamaican pioneers themselves.

Kalashnikov

SuperStraight
Reaction score
Reactions
218,868 7,022 5,386
Alleybux
Insecurity my ass. If Sudanese people started claiming they invented everything Ethiopian people have ever done you'd be pissed too. I am just stating facts because there is way too much misinformation about African American history online.

Oh please! You’re not doing anything but trying to boast your fragile ego by undermining other people. This is typical lsa insecurities laced boastfulness.

“We look better and lighter than so and so”

“We’re the biggest the baddest on earth”

The next day

“So and do hates us and think they’re better”

“We’re the most disinfanchized on earth”

Blah blah blah...

Deep, deeeeep rooted insecurities! And no I’m not interested in further replies from you or fellow insecures.

Last edited:

Mademoiselle

Feminine Wiles
Reaction score
Reactions
71,176 5,122 4,945
Alleybux
This is the same jargon in the other thread.
Those people are the AAs.

AAs are immigrant blacks.

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
Oh please! You’re not doing anything but trying to boast your fragile ego by undermining other people. This is typical lsa insecurities laced boastfulness.

“We’re look better and lighter than so and so”

“We’re the biggest the baddest on earth”

The next day

“So and do hates us and think they’re better”

“We’re the most disinfanchized on earth”

Blah blah blah...

Deep, deeeeep rooted insecurities! And no I’m not interested in further replies from you or fellow insecures.
Guh go to bed. You all the way in east Africa losing sleep over African Americans claiming they history. Whole time ADOS couldn't give a sh!t if Ethiopia deteriorated and floated away from Africa and sunk in the damn ocean. You the that's obsessed. I'm just straightening some sh!t out. I know we reality TV to yall boring ass folks.

Sojourner Truth

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
251,706 6,262 4,396
Alleybux

SKA bµllsh!t ain't nothing but dreads attempt at making 1950s African American Rock N' Roll

First SKA record 1959

On Reggae:

"Reggae developed from ska and rocksteady in the 1960s. Larry And Alvin's ‘Nanny Goat’ and the Beltones’ ‘No More Heartaches’ competed for the status of first reggae record. The beat was distinctive from rocksteady in that it dropped any of the pretensions to the smooth, soulful sound that characterized slick American R&B, and instead was closer in kinship to US southern funk, being heavily dependent on the rhythm section to drive it along."

Reggae - Wikipedia

"The Kingston-born Dodd used to play records to the customers in his parents' shop. During a spell in the American South he became familiar with the rhythm and blues music popular there at the time. In 1954, back in Jamaica, he set up the Downbeat Sound System, being the owner of an amplifier, a turntable, and some US records, which he would import from New Orleans and Miami.

With the success of his sound system, and in a competitive environment, Dodd would make trips through the US looking for new tunes to attract the Jamaican public. While he did, his mother Doris Darlington would run the sound system and play the tunes. Dodd opened five different sound systems, each playing every night. To run his sound systems, Dodd appointed people such as Lee "Scratch" Perry, who was Dodd's right-hand man during his early career, U-Roy and Prince Buster."

"When the R&B craze ended in the United States, Dodd and his rivals were forced to begin recording their own Jamaican music in order to meet the local demand for new music. "

Coxsone Dodd - Wikipedia

Coxsone Dodd is the father of Jamaican music. Jamaicans use him and his sound systems by way of Kool Herc to claim they invented Hop Hop, eventhough Kool Herc has said himself Jamaican sound systems were not used in and had nothing to do with Hip Hop. Well check out were Dodd got his sound system and ideas for outdoor parties from. The same outdoor parties Jamaicans claim African Americans didn't have until they showed up in America and created it.

"Though Dodd grew up in Kingston, it was while working as a cane cutter in the U.S. South that he was exposed to both outdoor dance parties and rhythm and blues. Returning to Jamaica, he became one of the originators of the huge portable sound systems that became a sensation on the island in the 1950s, providing a movable feast of mostly American rhythm-and-blues records."

On toasting

Jamaicans claim they introduced toasting to African Americans and that is how rapping got to America. When we know that a damn lie and African Americans have an extremely rich history rapping, rhyming, poetry, call and response, and jive talking that goes back to the slavery days.

"Count Matchuki, born Winston Cooper in 1934, is widely considered the first toaster. He was raised in a family that had more money than others so he grew up with two gramophones in the home and was exposed to swing, jazz, bebop, and rhythm & blues. He says that he got the idea to begin toasting over records after hearing American radio. He told this to Mark Gorney and Michael Turner as they recount in a 1996 issue of Beat Magazine. “I was walking late one night about a quarter to three. Somewhere in Denham Town. And I hear this guy on the radio, some American guy advertising Royal Crown Hair Dressing. ‘You see you’re drying up with this one, Johnny, try Royal Crown. When you’re downtown you’re the smartest guy in town, when you use Royal Crown and Royal Crown make you the smartest guy in town.’ That deliverance! This guy sound like a machine! A tongue-twister! I heard that in 1949. On one of them States stations that was really strong. I hear this guy sing out ‘pon the radio and I just like the sound. And I say, I think I can do better. I’d like to play some recordings and just jive talk like this guy.”

@Sojourner Truth I figured you might find this interesting.

Just wanted to get some straightening. Folks running around talkin bout what they have to African Americans but dont know they own history.

More to come.

I would like to be excluded from this conversation.

HoneyDipped97

Baby Girl for Life
Reaction score
Reactions
10,759 284 74
Alleybux
Always. It's fµck!ng pathetic and disgusting.
It’s getting harder and harder for me to believe that causing friction and division within the black community isn’t some sort of a higher agenda. I saw a poster a while ago go on a whole rant about how ugly continental Africans are and how AA people are prettier and lighter. It sounded SUPER white supremacist-ish. And this kind of rhetoric from both sides keeps being elevated. It’s suspect

BihWhet

Afrimerican
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 939 3,689
Alleybux
Big may not have been first generation but he certainly elevated the game in a way that most of his peers from that time period cannot say.
That ***** didn't elevate sh!t but his blood pressure. Pac, a true African American displayed elevation and is the true icon of the two. Biggie only get love on the east. Pac is worldwide.

Sojourner Truth

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
251,706 6,262 4,396
Alleybux

First SKA record 1959

On Reggae:

Reggae - Wikipedia

Coxsone Dodd - Wikipedia

On toasting

@Sojourner Truth I figured you might find this interesting.

More to come.

I would like to be excluded from this conversation.

Kalashnikov

SuperStraight
Reaction score
Reactions
218,868 7,022 5,386
Alleybux
Guh go to bed. You all the way in east Africa losing sleep over African Americans claiming they history. Whole time ADOS couldn't give a sh!t if Ethiopia deteriorated and floated away from Africa and sunk in the damn ocean. You the that's obsessed. I'm just straightening some sh!t out. I know we reality TV to yall boring ass folks.

“Rather than putting your energy into being special, put your whole energy into being yourself. Just find yourself, because in trying to be special you are running further and further away from yourself.” - Osho

Sesamestreet

Perpetually bored member
Reaction score
Reactions
110,897 3,863 4,815
Alleybux
It’s getting harder and harder for me to believe that causing friction and division within the black community isn’t some sort of a higher agenda. I saw a poster a while ago go on a whole rant about how ugly continental Africans are and how AA people are prettier and lighter. It sounded SUPER white supremacist-ish. And this kind of rhetoric from both sides keeps being elevated. It’s suspect
It's not from both sides. It's from the ADOS cult on LSA. No race gets along 100%. There will be jabs thrown because there's always some people who wanna start sh!t. Yet the ADOS weirdos magnify that by 1000% and swear everyone is out to get them and that they are the only people that have ever suffered. The jabs at Africans are so fascinating, because these enslaved ancestors they love to claim are Africans. They continuously insult themselves by degrading Africans, yet they're too blinded by anger to see it. Oh well.

NonProphet

Don’t jealous me
Reaction score
Reactions
55,115 1,062 408
Alleybux
This is one of the most neurotic movements I've seen emerge online in a long ass time. Good luck with this. I'm going to go outside and enjoy Black culture from every Afro-ethnic culture.

Lula astro

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,951 1,761 758
Alleybux
Op I see what you are trying to do but this ain't it.

People can continue to try and include themselves in our culture ,and take credit for certain aspects of it , but we know the truth. The only ones who need to be taught is the younger generation.