Quantcast

African fonts is this even true?

cds

Moon Pride
Reaction score
Reactions
2,789 92 55
Alleybux
So wait there is a group of "panafricon" out here focusing on morals or something? I didn't think people would take them seriously and it's quite sad actually given all the sacrifices that it took to on the political side of things.

I hope the francophone side don't think Kemi Seba is a "panafricon". J'espere que non, parce que ce n'est pas juste on n'a besoin des gens pour nous defendre sur le plan politique quand meme.

Anyways, perhaps it's best to refer to such people as psudo pan-Africanist since it can cause confusion for the socio-political types like me.:happy
Well this is what the tweet in the OP was suggesting.

Opinion on Kemi Seba is very divided, as you now. Personally, I like some of the things he says, most notably on BLM and on the CFA franc, but if you dig a little there is not much substance, I think. I feel like he fight for revenge, rather than progress.

Lol c'est dommage mais ce terme est déjà largement adopté par les africains francophones. Perso je trouve que ça claque :sneaky:

Afrelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,205 1,130 268
Alleybux
Well this is what the tweet in the OP was suggesting.

Opinion on Kemi Seba is very divided, as you now. Personally, I like some of the things he says, most notably on BLM and on the CFA franc, but if you dig a little there is not much substance, I think. I feel like he fight for revenge, rather than progress.

Lol c'est dommage mais ce terme est déjà largement adopté par les africains francophones. Perso je trouve que ça claque :sneaky:

Revenge? That must have been Kemi Seba 2009 during his Tribu KA days in Sarcelles. He's been talking more about self-determination.

But back to that word...like vraiment dans quel resaux? Peut tu me donne des liens?

It's been a while since I've been on the French side of the activist community and social media.

Last edited:

Voets3k

Would rather be rejected than disrespected
Reaction score
Reactions
141,542 5,315 2,962
Alleybux
Funny enough I just come from Instagram and I saw a few comments about South and East Africans having crazy hate for Nigerians for absolutely no reason.

There has been a Naija vs Ugandan sh!t going on after what the Ugandan authorities did to Nigerians artists who performed there.
Why is SA now featuring in some shade if we've done nothing in this instance? This is a Nigeria vs Uganda situation, why are SAns even mentioned?

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
West African here (Guinean), we don’t think we’re better than anybody, but Nigerians...they don’t even call themselves West African they are just NIGERIAN or commonly whatever tribe they are from. Now THEY think (and sometimes it’s true) they are better than everybody.

West Africans love each other and are proud and joyful when we meet other Africans period. I love everyone, lol, but I’ve never seen a more proudful bunch than Nigerians!

NaijaaKween

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,423 679 478
Alleybux
West African here (Guinean), we don’t think we’re better than anybody, but Nigerians...they don’t even call themselves West African they are just NIGERIAN or commonly whatever tribe they are from. Now THEY think (and sometimes it’s true) they are better than everybody.

West Africans love each other and are proud and joyful when we meet other Africans period. I love everyone, lol, but I’ve never seen a more proudful bunch than Nigerians!

We do, but I also don’t see what’s wrong with identifying with our nationality, especially ethnicity first.

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
We do, but I also don’t see what’s wrong with identifying with our nationality, especially ethnicity first.

I guess it stands out because the rest of us in WA don’t do it. It’s also unique to our region. You don’t hear people from the East say they are “East African” they say they are Somalian, Kenyan, Ethiopian, etc. Same with the Southern Tanzanians, South Africans, Ugandans, etc. You never hear someone say I’m South African and they mean Namibia, they say they are Namibian.

Among the “West Africans” especially when speaking with Americans, we just say we are West African rather than identifying the country or ethnic group because it takes a while to explain and people get the picture. I don’t have to say I’m from Togo or Sierra Leone, or Senegal because when I say West Africa people know the region. Also, given the history of herding and geography, I personally know people who are in my same ethnicity group but from Mali or Senegal, but when anyone asks them where they are from they/I say WA. Upon digging deeper they will explain they are Fulani, etc, but hardly anyone goes that deep when first meeting someone.

Ghanaian’s are less like this, but I do sometimes hear them associate with us, but Nigerians NEVER say they are West African, NEVER! They are extremely intelligent and I love how they value education, but it’s very disappointing to see them try to denigrate the other WA country’s citizens or even other Nigerians who aren’t in their ethnic group.

On a political note, there’s a reason why there has been a push to make West Africa into a sort of EU with a common currency but one country in particular is actively against that because it may overtake their standing as the most stable, and economically flourishing WA country. More so than the actual EU, a West African Union would have a common culture, common values, common interests, common resources, and similar history, (the exceptions being British colonies Ghana and Nigeria, also the two countries that try to separate themselves from us most often).

NaijaaKween

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,423 679 478
Alleybux
I guess it stands out because the rest of us in WA don’t do it. It’s also unique to our region. You don’t hear people from the East say they are “East African” they say they are Somalian, Kenyan, Ethiopian, etc. Same with the Southern Tanzanians, South Africans, Ugandans, etc. You never hear someone say I’m South African and they mean Namibia, they say they are Namibian.

Among the “West Africans” especially when speaking with Americans, we just say we are West African rather than identifying the country or ethnic group because it takes a while to explain and people get the picture. I don’t have to say I’m from Togo or Sierra Leone, or Senegal because when I say West Africa people know the region. Also, given the history of herding and geography, I personally know people who are in my same ethnicity group but from Mali or Senegal, but when anyone asks them where they are from they/I say WA. Upon digging deeper they will explain they are Fulani, etc, but hardly anyone goes that deep when first meeting someone.

Ghanaian’s are less like this, but I do sometimes hear them associate with us, but Nigerians NEVER say they are West African, NEVER! They are extremely intelligent and I love how they value education, but it’s very disappointing to see them try to denigrate the other WA country’s citizens or even other Nigerians who aren’t in their ethnic group.

On a political note, there’s a reason why there has been a push to make West Africa into a sort of EU with a common currency but one country in particular is actively against that because it may overtake their standing as the most stable, and economically flourishing WA country. More so than the actual EU, a West African Union would have a common culture, common values, common interests, common resources, and similar history, (the exceptions being British colonies Ghana and Nigeria, also the two countries that try to separate themselves from us most often).

Lots of generalisations being made on this post. But speaking for Southern Nigerians, I do genuinely believe we have a lot more in common with Central Africans. The only West Africans we are similar to is Ghanaians, Togolese, Beninois and other Lower Guinean groups.

At the end of the day, I don’t see why how Nigerians identify should bother you. I identify as West African, but it’s not my first identifier when I’m meeting someone. I say my nationality and when someone asks for the specifics I say my ethnicity.

LaMochaCoca

Make 'Em Go Loca
Reaction score
Reactions
213,366 8,901 9,728
Alleybux

Yall do that because you assume your countries aren't well known enough to stand on its own.

Feitan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,552 3,424 1,529
Alleybux
Lots of generalisations being made on this post. But speaking for Southern Nigerians, I do genuinely believe we have a lot more in common with Central Africans. The only West Africans we are similar to is Ghanaians, Togolese, Beninois and other Lower Guinean groups.

At the end of the day, I don’t see why how Nigerians identify should bother you. I identify as West African, but it’s not my first identifier when I’m meeting someone. I say my nationality and when someone asks for the specifics I say my ethnicity.
Is it because interior west Africa is Muslim?

Miel007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,710 650 329
Alleybux

Is this even real life? And since when are southern Africans not allowing west Africans in their region?

I can't speak for everybody else but us Ivorians KNOW we are better than everyone else.It's just an Ivorian vs Non-Ivorian thing.
I joke but obviously,i never heard of us not liking anyone because of the part of Africa they hail from.Ivory coast loves foreigners a lot

Miel007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,710 650 329
Alleybux
West Africans (Nigerians I can speak for) just be minding our business, we no dey find trouble, but if you carry trouble come find us, we go give you that trouble times 2. That being said, we as Africans have more that unite us than separates us.
that's why i like nigerians hahaha

Miel007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,710 650 329
Alleybux
Agreed. And y’all have the bodies that west African men LOVE.
Come again? You know the same bodies found in south africa can be found in west africa too right?
don't worry about the west african brothers.They doin good.
Signed,a west african sista

NaijaaKween

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,423 679 478
Alleybux
Is it because interior west Africa is Muslim?

Yes, which in turn has influenced their culture. Northwest African groups have a lot more in common with each other than Southwest Africans. There is a cultural divide in West Africa.

Voets3k

Would rather be rejected than disrespected
Reaction score
Reactions
141,542 5,315 2,962
Alleybux
Yes, which in turn has influenced their culture. Northwest African groups have a lot more in common with each other than Southwest Africans. There is a cultural divide in West Africa.
Wow