Quantcast

After we die and go to Heaven or Hell, do we stay there forever?

Luxury Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,317 734 555
Alleybux
The thing that scared me the most after I die is eternity. Whether I go to Heaven or Hell. The thing with Heaven is that I may go, but will continuously sinning in Heaven get you sent to Hell? On the otherhand, if you get sent to Hell, is there a way to redeem yourself in order to get to Heaven, or is it truly an eternity of Hell?

MarcATL

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,214 792 780
Alleybux
Hell isn't forever. The forever part is once you're consumed by fire and gone, you're gone forever.

You're in heaven, w/Jesus forever, if you make it there.

According to Scripture.

Side note: Can you imagine serving a God that would let you burn forever, despite your sins only lasting your lifetime?!?? Plus He'd be proving Himself to be a liar, when he stated that "The wages of sin is death."

CokeAddict

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,448 7,137 403
Alleybux
Why would u sin in heaven? If hell exists I believe once you're there there's no redeeming since u are already an evil person.

RATED

Reaction score
Reactions
159,509 8,858 5,578
Alleybux
That's the scariest thing about death for me... It's like when you die, is there complete darkness? Do you float through the sky? So many questions that can never be answered. & NOBODY knows until you're gone. It's truly terrifying. I'm trying to accept that it's apart of life.

sasha123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,914 661 580
Alleybux
The thing that scared me the most after I die is eternity. Whether I go to Heaven or Hell. The thing with Heaven is that I may go, but will continuously sinning in Heaven get you sent to Hell? On the otherhand, if you get sent to Hell, is there a way to redeem yourself in order to get to Heaven, or is it truly an eternity of Hell?

Well from a Christian point of view, Heaven and Hell are permanent states of being. The Bible says it is appointed unto men to die and upon death judgment. You can't change your destination after death although I think Catholics have a slightly different view that you spend some time in purgatory and the prayer of loved ones can change your final destination. Can the Catholics on LSA correct me on this.

Anyway from a strictly protestant view, hell and heaven are forever. Also you can't sin in heaven. When you get to heaven you are a spiritual being with no earthly body or mentality. Sin is a result of our earthly bodily desires clashing with our spiritual being. When you die, the body dies as well and with it your sinful nature. Well that is the little I gleaned from Sunday School.

sasha123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,914 661 580
Alleybux
That's the scariest thing about death for me... It's like when you die, is there complete darkness? Do you float through the sky? So many questions that can never be answered. & NOBODY knows until you're gone. It's truly terrifying. I'm trying to accept that it's apart of life.

Yes! That is the part that scares me the most - is there complete darkness. Is there self knowledge that you have passed on and can never return. Do you still retain knowledge of your loved ones and past life?

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux

How can anyone answer that question? Once you're dead you're dead. You can't come back and tell people about where you are and what you're doing and anyone attempting to answer this question is merely speculating as there is NO proof.

Bonnetisha

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
128,527 1,927 816
Alleybux
Sin, & all of the origins of sin (the satans/demons/fallen angels) are going to be destroyed in the same lake of fire that the reprobate & unrepentant are going to be thrown into. Once judgement is complete, it will literally be impossible to sin because it won't exist anymore. We'll be totally free.

BellaMomma3

Mommas
Reaction score
Reactions
56,865 2,768 2,133
Alleybux
Wherever you go after Yashaya comes back is eternal....

You will be like the angels living in unity with Yah and the rest of his kingdom or cut off from the kingdom where there’s weeping and knashing of the teeth....

The Bible says...study to show thyself approved. Blessings.

Space ghost

Higher & Higher & Higher He Climbed
Reaction score
Reactions
22,637 1,151 1,443
Alleybux
For the trillionth time, WE ARE ALREADY IN HELL!!! Why can’t y’all see that? I don’t mean that metaphorically, either. This is it. This is hell. Hell is here.

Lucy95

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,634 1,286 400
Alleybux
I think what is so haunting about death is that it is permanent. Because no one really know if we come back and repeat life.

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux
Sin, & all of the origins of sin (the satans/demons/fallen angels) are going to be destroyed in the same lake of fire that the reprobate & unrepentant are going to be thrown into. Once judgement is complete, it will literally be impossible to sin because it won't exist anymore. We'll be totally free.

So is this a physical lake of fire? If so, how can that fire destroy a spirit? I'll answer that. It can't

Dream Big

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,456 76 26
Alleybux
For those saying we'll never know, don't understand the bible (I didn't get it myself for a long time). To answer your question OP, neither the current heaven nor hell are permanent. They'll both be destroyed by God after Jesus' final battle with Satan.

Then God will have his final judgement on all the people who've sinned and refused salvation. They will be thrown into the the lake of fire along with Satan, the false prophet, the beast and Hell it's self. The lake of fire is their final destination.

And those who've accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will live with him forever, not in Heaven, but on the new Earth he'll create.
Rev 20.

Last edited:

Dream Big

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,456 76 26
Alleybux
So is this a physical lake of fire? If so, how can that fire destroy a spirit? I'll answer that. It can't

The lake of fire is a REAL place. But it's not in this dimension. When God made humans He created us with a Body, a Soul and a Spirit. Out body can only survive in this dimension but our spirit/soul, although trapped in our body can operate in the spirit realm (where God, the Angels, Satan, demons and the lake of fire are).

So once our body dies, our Spirit and Soul continues to live because we are eternal beings. And that part of a person can be sent to the lake of fire to be tormented forever.

Bonnetisha

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
128,527 1,927 816
Alleybux

Do you know what spirits are made of? Why wouldn't they be able to be destroyed by an element that can destroy pretty much anything even in the natural realm? We're all going to be tried by the Holy, Heavenly fire that destroys any unclean thing. I'm assuming that that same Holy fire that will burn the darkness (for lack of better phrasing) of this world off of those who make it into heaven will simply consume those who have no light.

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux
The lake of fire is a REAL place. But it's not in this dimension. When God made humans He created us with a Body, a Soul and a Spirit. Out body can only survive in this dimension but our spirit/soul, although trapped in our body can operate in the spirit realm (where God, the Angels, Satan, demons and the lake of fire are).

So once our body dies, our Spirit and Soul continues to live because we are eternal beings. And that part of a person can be sent to the lake of fire to be tormented forever.

And you've visited this realm? You know all of this to be facts? NO, you don't. You're going off of word of mouth and a book that was written so long ago it can't even be authenticated.

As I stated in my original post. NO ONE CAN SAY WHAT HAPPENS TO A PERSON WHEN THEY DIE BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW. Now, you can decide to believe whatever you want but don't say you know for certain because the bible tells you so. That's not facts.

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux
Do you know what spirits are made of? Why wouldn't they be able to be destroyed by an element that can destroy pretty much anything even in the natural realm? We're all going to be tried by the Holy, Heavenly fire that destroys any unclean thing. I'm assuming that that same Holy fire that will burn the darkness (for lack of better phrasing) of this world off of those who make it into heaven will simply consume those who have no light.

When a person dies they leave their physical body and only their essence or spirit is left. How can you burn a spirit? It's nothing but energy. You don't make sense because at the end of the day we are all "unclean". You people assume that just because you decide to believe something that makes it true. The idea of heaven is no more true than Santa Claus or the Easter bunny because it hasn't been proven beyond a doubt.

Bonnetisha

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
128,527 1,927 816
Alleybux
When a person dies they leave their physical body and only their essence or spirit is left. How can you burn a spirit? It's nothing but energy. You don't make sense because at the end of the day we are all "unclean". You people assume that just because you decide to believe something that makes it true. The idea of heaven is no more true than Santa Claus or the Easter bunny because it hasn't been proven beyond a doubt.

So, you believe that spirits exist, but don't believe that anything that can destroy them exists? Okay.

Dream Big

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,456 76 26
Alleybux
And you've visited this realm? You know all of this to be facts? NO, you don't. You're going off of word of mouth and a book that was written so long ago it can't even be authenticated.

As I stated in my original post. NO ONE CAN SAY WHAT HAPPENS TO A PERSON WHEN THEY DIE BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW. Now, you can decide to believe whatever you want but don't say you know for certain because the bible tells you so. That's not facts.

Yes, I can believe whatever I want, and what I wrote is where I stand. You are a spirit and as such, you're free to make the choice to believe what the bible says or reject it.

I have no power to force anything on you.Nor would I want to. In the end the entire human race will know personally for themselves whether the Bible is speaking the truth or not. So there's nothing to argue about. Either it's true for you and you meet your destination, Or it false for you, and you meet your destination.

KNTY 4 NEWS

ain’t no hold ‘em
Reaction score
Reactions
247,090 4,358 2,393
Alleybux

I believe in some denominations Hell is supposed to be just a temporary state of cleansing, others obviously believe it is permanent. And with heaven I think the idea is supposed to be permanence as well, since God cannot be exposed to sin so there’s no chance of that happening.

It’s hard to comprehend “eternity” in a place where time is finite. Supposedly on the other side, there is no time. Past, present and future are all happening at once.

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux
Yes, I can believe whatever I want, and what I wrote is where I stand. You are a spirit and as such, you're free to make the choice to believe what the bible says or reject it.

I have no power to force anything on you.Nor would I want to. In the end the entire human race will know personally for themselves whether the Bible is speaking the truth or not. So there's nothing to argue about. Either it's true for you and you meet your destination, Or it false for you, and you meet your destination.

Let me reiterate this for you like I just did for the other poster. My issue is with you saying you know certain things for facts when you don't. Just because you believe a thing does not make it a fact.

SecretlyHiz

L84AD8
Reaction score
Reactions
6,125 613 98
Alleybux
Yes! Like my dad say when you die the only thing that change is your address. It’s either heaven or hell!

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux
Reading your responses, I do not believe you will be satisfied with any explanation/interpretation you are given, so just wait it out and see for yourself.

If you actually read my responses then you wouldn't have made this comment. Real reading is fundamental, SMH. I said......my issue isn't with what a person believes. I find issues with people stating things as if they were facts instead of beliefs.

You can't say what happens after you die with certainty because you don't know, do you? Now, when I do die and IF these things are true then so be it but an explanation/interpretation is not FACTS. What part aren't you getting?

Bonnetisha

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
128,527 1,927 816
Alleybux
What I'm saying is YOU are speaking as if you know certain things are facts when you don't.

Buuuuuut, this is Sanctuary Alley...

ZCWKJnw.gif

Dream Big

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,456 76 26
Alleybux
@twistedsister, everything that I've stated is indeed a fact. If you have a problem with it, then go contact the Fact producer Himself. I wasn't sent here to convince you that what was written is true. That's YOUR job to find out for yourself.

That's one of the reasons the Bible was given to us, God wants us to test Him, question Him and turn Him upside down, inside out to see whether He's telling the truth or not.

I commend you for not taking what I'm saying at face value because anyone can say anything they like, so now, go and read the book from cover to cover and know for yourself where the FACTS are.

Ruledbyvenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,036 452 503
Alleybux
@twistedsister, everything that I've stated is indeed a fact. If you have a problem with it, then go contact the Fact producer Himself. I wasn't sent here to convince you that what was written is true. That's YOUR job to find out for yourself.

That's one of the reasons the Bible was given to us, God wants us to test Him, question Him and turn Him upside down, inside out to see whether He's telling the truth or not.

I commend you for not taking what I'm saying at face value because anyone can say anything they like, so now, go and read the book from cover to cover and know for yourself where the FACTS are.

First of all, I didn't ask you for your opinion. I have also read the bible cover to cover many times so you can miss me with that one.

I asked a poster to tell me how they know certain things for facts. Again, you people are claiming to read but my entire point is either going over your head or you're just refusing to say you don't know for a fact what happens.

Dream Big

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,456 76 26
Alleybux
@twistedsister, thanks for the down vote. I knew you weren't bout that life. I see you just wanna be salty and argue about God, but don't wanna test Him for real-for real. Oh well carry on screaming at the wind.

MsMaggie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,633 2,284 576
Alleybux
I read, understood, replied accordingly and maintain my initial comment.

If you actually read my responses then you wouldn't have made this comment. Real reading is fundamental, SMH. I said......my issue isn't with what a person believes. I find issues with people stating things as if they were facts instead of beliefs.

You can't say what happens after you die with certainty because you don't know, do you? Now, when I do die and IF these things are true then so be it but an explanation/interpretation is not FACTS. What part aren't you getting?

Jim Kelly

Enter The Dragon
Reaction score
Reactions
10,860 837 1,209
Alleybux
Do ya'll wonder if Heaven got a ghetto? Do you believe they can have section 8 there? Lol.

Will we have condos assigned to us over there?

Last edited:

YaGiRaKn

‘Repent! For the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.’
Reaction score
Reactions
5,893 295 80
Alleybux
Yes you stay there forever. That's what 'eternity' means.