All My Children prime time revival Pine Valley speculation/discussion thread

ladygiagirl

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,106 191 36
Alleybux
This is an interesting development. Mixed feelings about it, though, since I'm not sure if prime time survival odds would be favorable. Also wondering what Kane/Santos alums would be open to returning since those are the families they're focusing on.

---

An iconic daytime drama is getting a primetime makeover. ABC is in early development on Pine Valley, a primetime version of the network’s beloved daytime drama All My Children, with popular alums Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos executive producing alongside Andrew Stearn and filmmaker Robert Nixon, son of the late AMC creator Agnes Nixon.

In the All My Children followup, written/executive produced by Leo Richardson (Katy Keene, Star), a young journalist with a secret agenda comes to expose the dark and murderous history of a town named Pine Valley only to become entangled in a feud between the Kane and Santos families. The series explores all the secrets that come with the Kane and Santos family names.

‘All My Children’ Eyes ABC Return With Primetime Sequel ‘Pine Valley’ In the Works From Andrew Stearn, Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos – Deadline

Last edited:

ladygiagirl

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,106 191 36
Alleybux
Since this will be prime time if it does go forward, maybe the return of SMG as Kendall? (Of course, any Lucci involvement could be an issue there). I would guess Eva La Rue would be back. If it's Kane/Santos rivalry, maybe somewhere in the lost years Maddie bonded with Erica and reverted to being Sonya Kane. Either way, I would watch, even if I remain skeptical.

Sweet Charlotte

First Househusband.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,785 161 87
Alleybux
You beat me to it. I was too busy crying happy tears about the return of the Real P Valley. I’m excited but waiting for more details before I make a judgment. If any soap was to do great in a revival it was either edge of night and All my children.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,052 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Do you remember how well the primetime AMC episodes did back in the 90s (those are the only ones that I remember), OP?

ladygiagirl

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,106 191 36
Alleybux
I don't remember how the prime time eps did back in the day, but that was an entirely different TV era, when soaps still had some cachet.

If this happens, I think it's safe to say that these characters will be in it, given the stated focus:
Erica
Santa Maria, tending to the sick in her push-up bra
Kendall (SMG likely... need some primetime star power)
Bianca

Mateo and Hayley would only be in a limited capacity, so I guess most Santos members would be new generation. As I said, I think Maddie should be one since she is a Santos/illegally adoptedKane. Sam covers a lot of bases as a biological Martin/adopted Cortlandt/adopted Santos. Julia's ridiculous death could be reversed.

As for others, this would be a prime opportunity to reclaim Skye since I imagine both Adam and Stuart will have been written as passed. A Hubbard presence with Angie and Jesse and Frankie. Randi could be written out, but her and Frankie's kid would be one of the new generation. Opal if Erica's back. I could use a Martin break, but it's not PV without some representation there.

Last edited:

DZbornak

I’m not patronizing you, I’m a-mocking you
Reaction score
Reactions
152,816 5,367 1,568
Alleybux
Ummmm I hate to say it, but I would watch this. I loved AMC. Can we get a Ryan/Kendall reunion though??

Sweet Charlotte

First Househusband.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,785 161 87
Alleybux
I just looked up the ratings for their prime time special celebrating the 25th anniversary. 16.0 million but again it was a different time.

ladygiagirl

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,106 191 36
Alleybux
Changed the title/focus of this thread since the one in the general TV forum has more activity as far as the general news. Anyway, one thing about this being a primetime show is that the cast is going to have to be a lot smaller than even a 30-minute daily, which is a major reason why I'm wondering how this is going to work at the risk of alienating the core audience from the original run. With the Kane and Santos families being the focus, I would guess most regulars would represent them, plus we'd have to have a number of newbies running around, who may or may not be blood tied to legacy families. There should be a Martin, Chandler, Cortlandt, and Hubbard in there somewhere. Also, though they state it will be true to the original Agnes Nixon family/social issue focus, they also said they'll go big a la prime time soap norm, so it'll be interesting to see how the balance works out.

Bubblyflute

Verified black
Reaction score
Reactions
159,185 7,026 3,410
Alleybux
Well, they already had a reboot on hulu a couple of years ago. It failed, so it would be embarrassing to try again.

I would love to see as the world turns come back. I hate that they got canceled considering they were the longest running soap in the world, before they ended. Now the British coronation street has beat them.

Sweet Charlotte

First Househusband.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,785 161 87
Alleybux
Well, they already had a reboot on hulu a couple of years ago. It failed, so it would be embarrassing to try again.

I would love to see as the world turns come back. I hate that they got canceled considering they were the longest running soap in the world, before they ended. Now the British coronation street has beat them.

I wouldn’t necessary say Hulu versions fail. Prospect Park just didn’t know what they were doing. The ratings were great. Amc #1 and OLTL #2 almost everyday on Hulu and iTunes. Even the Oprah network ratings were vertically the same numbers they got on ABC.

I don’t believe they should have returned with the same ole soap schedule. I think 15-20 episode cycles was the way to go. And they didn’t have to premiere at the same time, alternating them would have been better.

ladygiagirl

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,106 191 36
Alleybux

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom