Quantcast

Am I weird for what I do with my hair?

Huairen

「 ✦ᴘɪᴄʜɪʜᴏɪᴘᴘᴜ✦ 」
Reaction score
Reactions
9,619 1,300 698
Alleybux
I don't know nor keep up with the technical terms because I'm forgetful as fµck. My hair routine is super simple. I use: Shea Moisture Green Shampoo & Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Conditioner. Cleans my hair thoroughly and gives it protection. Sometimes I forget if I don't put the shower head on my scalp, my hair isn't gonna get wet. I do final rinse in cold water.

Anyway, when I transfer from Towel to a Cotton Shirt. I know everybody says use an oil as a sealant and cremes as moisturizer. But Cremes are too heavy on my hair. I do a dime size and it's like I dumped the whole jar. So I switched to grease-like substance and it irritates my eczema to no end. So I just use Chebe Oil Damp and Chebe Oil Dry and just leave it alone. Unless I'm going somewhere I put the Shea Moisture Hibiscus Curl Spray or Coconut Leave In Spray and it does its job for the day.

Is that weird? I feel it's weird. My curls be poppin' but I feel what I do is ass backwards.

BetchPIeaze

The Betchiest
Reaction score
Reactions
49,862 3,590 2,731
Alleybux
not weird at all. Everyone is different. I use a handful of cremes and/or puddings after i wash. My hair will be like hay 2 days later.

Meliodas

not here.
Reaction score
Reactions
115,318 3,062 1,403
Alleybux
not weird. i've actually stopped putting product in my hair after my washes other than multivitamin black hair grower and my hair stays moisturized and softer longer than it ever did with product.

Mochahontas

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,356 1,333 48
Alleybux
If it works for you then do it. Everyone's hair is different and may respond differently to certain techniques/products. I don't even use an oil to seal my hair because it weighs down my fine strands, makes my hair oily, and frizzy. I haven't used oil for years and my hair is fine.

I think of it like this. Some of us have different skin routines because our skin may differ. So what makes hair any different?

NaptrulyMe

"I'M PLACING PETTY FONTS ON IGNORE"
Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
I don't know nor keep up with the technical terms because I'm forgetful as fµck. My hair routine is super simple. I use: Shea Moisture Green Shampoo & Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Conditioner. Cleans my hair thoroughly and gives it protection. Sometimes I forget if I don't put the shower head on my scalp, my hair isn't gonna get wet. I do final rinse in cold water.

Anyway, when I transfer from Towel to a Cotton Shirt. I know everybody says use an oil as a sealant and cremes as moisturizer. But Cremes are too heavy on my hair. I do a dime size and it's like I dumped the whole jar. So I switched to grease-like substance and it irritates my eczema to no end. So I just use Chebe Oil Damp and Chebe Oil Dry and just leave it alone. Unless I'm going somewhere I put the Shea Moisture Hibiscus Curl Spray or Coconut Leave In Spray and it does its job for the day.

Is that weird? I feel it's weird. My curls be poppin' but I feel what I do is ass backwards.
No you are not weird. Some naturals do not need much oils. A water moisturizer would work. Others may use a dime size amount of oils, creams or butter. Some may need a little more. Anyway, if it's not broken, don't try to fix it!!

Last edited:

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom