Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Am I wrong for checking my mom?

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,629 495,009 222,887
Alleybux
So my step mom and step sister and I did a gift exchange and my mom who does not reside with my happened to see the gift my step sister got me. The gift was not as much as I spent on her's, but the backstory is my step sister has been there for me through thick and thin and encouraged me through hard times. There has even been a time where I didn't get my step sister anything for her birthday but she got me something. My mom always appears to be jealous of my relationship with my step family. So I explain to my mom that the gifts I bought were out of love it doesn't matter if they couldn't fully reciprocate. My step sister is also only working part time but I'm gainfully employed. I believe in being a blessing. I love my mom, step sister, and step mom. I also pay my mom's cell phone bill every month so she needs to chill.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
So my step mom and step sister and I did a gift exchange and my mom who does not reside with my happened to see the gift my step sister got me. The gift was not as much as I spent on her's, but the backstory is my step sister has been there for me through thick and thin and encouraged me through hard times. There has even been a time where I didn't get my step sister anything for her birthday but she got me something. My mom always appears to be jealous of my relationship with my step family. So I explain to my mom that the gifts I bought were out of love it doesn't matter if they couldn't fully reciprocate. My step sister is also only working part time but I'm gainfully employed. I believe in being a blessing. I love my mom, step sister, and step mom. I also pay my mom's cell phone bill every month so she needs to chill.
I understand your mom being upset if step mom was the side heaux. If not, still She probably feels like you prefer them over her. I mean, you did say the gifts were out of love for your step sister being there for you, you spent more on her so does that mean you love her more? Was your mother not there?If she gave her step child a better gift than she gave you, I bet you'd have a problem with it as well. Your mother should mean more to you than a step family. They way you talk about them in the op makes it seem like you prefer them as well.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,629 495,009 222,887
Alleybux
I understand your mom being upset if step mom was the side heaux. If not, still She probably feels like you prefer them over her. I mean, you did say the gifts were out of love for your step sister being there for you, you spent more on her so does that mean you love her more? Was your mother not there?If she gave her step child a better gift than she gave you, I bet you'd have a problem with it as well. Your mother should mean more to you than a step family. They way you talk about them in the op makes it seem like you prefer them as well.
I love all parties. My mom was verbally abusive to me though. She would say nasty stuff to me but I still love her and do for her. My step mom and step sister were there for me more emotionally and I appreciate them for that.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
I love all parties. My mom was verbally abusive to me though. She would say nasty stuff to me but I still love her and do for her. My step mom and step sister were there for me more emotionally and I appreciate them for that.
I'm still curious though, was your step mom the side heaux?

& of course they are going to be nicer to you in your face since they aren't your real family. Who knows what they've said when you aren't there. Family is usually more blunt with each other if that if what you're calling verbal abuse.

Reaction score
Reactions
8,441 213 32
Alleybux
I would say ignore her but if she is continuously saying negative things I'd just tell her that your sister has been there for you and to quit talking about it. Nip it in the bud. Besides you didn't buy a more expensive gift expecting to get the same. You did it out of love because that is what you receive from the step family. Your mother could be a little bitter if it was cheating situation but being bitter for too long only hurts the bitter one. Too mentally and physically draining.

jeansaprincess

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
100,273 8,051 3,966
Alleybux
You forgot the part about "checking your mom".

What did you say to her?

Agapebabe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,844 524 315
Alleybux

Your mom may pick up on this preference for your step family and is hurt by it and expressing it with jealousy. I wonder if the nasty words started when the step mom and sister came into the picture as the gf/wife

abiza

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,453 453 230
Alleybux
I usually side with the mom's in these stories, but I can't here. Your mother's issues are her own. I'm glad you get along with your step-family. She should be, too.