Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Am I Wrong For Laughing At My Cousin's Weight Gain And School Problems?

GlamDiva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,416 1,498 730
Alleybux
I think you doing a lil too much sis.

eta: this is coming from a petty, vengeful Scorpio

Yeah i agree. Don't be a lame OP. If she was nasty to you, yeah this could be her Karma but at the end of the day always have GRACE.. Live your life, walk in love, continue to succeed and the universe will continue to bless you.

wink

Tammyblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
293,690 8,327 5,509
Alleybux
My aunt kept getting calls from the Dean talking about my cousin's grades and how she keeps getting in trouble.
What college she goes to that Dean calling her mom :unsure: . I have never heard university deans calling over 18 adult parents.

Also are you the font that wanted to be the only Dr in your family.

CocoaDream

When I fly it's one letter and one number...
Reaction score
Reactions
40,169 3,555 1,523
Alleybux
What college she goes to that Dean calling her mom :unsure: . I have never heard university deans calling over 18 adult parents.

Also are you the font that wanted to be the only Dr in your family.
No.

sweetfusion™

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,212 732 243
Alleybux
Sorry you went through those traumatic experiences. Success is the best revenge as well as a life of happiness. So if I were you, I would work on healing from the trauma with help from a therapist, support groups and continue to focus on myself.

But yeah karma comes for everybody. Nobody is immune thats why it is best to treat people well (you dont know what anybody has experienced).

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,763 11,968 10,197
Alleybux
I read what your cousin said but I still feel like you’re mad at the wrong person. Sounds like cousin turned out to be what your family created her to be. Colorist.

Idk.. I don’t get anything out of being petty so I can’t say whether you’re wrong or right.
Do you say this about white folk who are racist? No, you blame the actual person who is being racist to you at the time.

I don't blame the OP for acknowledging how the tables have turned.

OP, just ignore ALLLLLLL of them. And keep succeeding. It truly is the best revenge.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,763 11,968 10,197
Alleybux
Thank you for seeing my point. I'm like are these people really defending a toxic colorist person??? I literally said I have not seen my cousin in 3 years and I don't go on Facebook like that, that's why I was shocked when I saw her. I was not thinking about her until I was casually browsing Facebook (something I barely do) and came across her page. The fact that these people are defending a toxic colorist person tells me everything I need to know about this site....
YES! They are defending a toxic colorist person. So that let's you know how they look, huh?

Keep doing you. And if you have the unfortunate luck of running into ole cuz, just smile say hello and look for the nearest exit. Trust me, they will try to do something to bring you down to size.

Don't even get into a real conversation with her or the rest of your colorist family.

When people show you who they are....believe them.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,763 11,968 10,197
Alleybux
Let the bitterness go, babygirl.

Proverbs 24:17-18
"Do not rejoice when your enemyfalls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Lest the Lord see it, and it displease Him, And He turn away His wrath from him
This is true. But notice she has not said anything to the colorists who made her life hell. She actually did the right thing. She came here to vent. However, I doubt she was expecting the colorists on this board to continue to make her feel bad.

They should be calling out the cousin who mistreated her. But then that would be like telling on themselves.

lilyblac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,214 419 112
Alleybux
I'm gonna leave this right here for those of y'all who don't like to read. My cousin used to be very mean to me and colorist. She called me a man, a linebacker, and told me I blended into her jet black couch. She is not a nice person. That's why I'm laughing at her karma.

I'm feeling really petty right now, but I just saw my cousin on Facebook. Since I haven't seen my cousin since highschool (3 years ago) and don't use FB that often, I was shocked when I saw her.

She has gained a significant amount of weight since high school (she's in college now). She was never skinny growing up but she was never this big either. No lie she is shaped like The Penguin now. When I saw that I low key laughed. While I did the exact opposite. I lost 70 pounds last year and everyone tells me how amazing I look. Lol even my doctor told me I had a nice shape at my appointment yesterday (which was low key weird but whatever).

I also heard now that she is failing school and her mother/ my aunt is livid about it. She worked her ass off to pay my cousin's tuition now her ass is flunking. My aunt said she is going to transfer back to our city so she can keep a better eye on her. My aunt kept getting calls from the Dean talking about my cousin's grades and how she keeps getting in trouble.

Now before y'all come for me, let me tell you WHY I'm laughing. The reason why I'm laughing at her situation is because how our family coddled her when we we're younger. They always praised her looks and mediocracy just because she was light skinned. I'm remembered my grandfather always talked about how her and another older cousin were "going places". He literally just said that because they are LS. Hell my older cousin is actually doing WORSE. She went to college to become a pharmacist, and ended up dropping out because some Ninja got her pregnant. Now she's 26 & with two kids and still lives with her mother. Though she was going places though :LOL:?

My cousin literally got parties for no reason. Even when she acted up she still got sh!t handed to her. I remember the few last month before high school graduation, her teacher called her mother to tell her that my cousin needed to get it together otherwise she wouldn't get her diploma. I'm not joking when I say she BARELY passed her final exams. Guess what? She got this big party thrown for her an expensive restaurant. I on the other hand past all my tests with flying colors and got nothing. Just "I'm proud of you".

Now I'm actually going places. I'm almost finished with my schooling and I'm starting my internship in July. I'm so happy and excited! I know it's wrong to laugh at her situation, but I feel this is her karma for being colorist. I remember one time I was over her house, and I was sitting on the couch which was jet black. She laughed and told me that I blended in with the couch. She also told me that I look like a linebacker (which is hilarious because she looks like The Penguin now) and a man. That really hurt my feelings and it bothered me for a while.

What do y'all think? Am I in the wrong for laughing at her situation?
you're not wrong. I feel the same way about my childhood bullies. kanye shrugs