Quantcast

UPDATE Amanda Kloots been told to say goodbye to Nick Cordero & asks for medical help from the public

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,139 274,737 8,222
Alleybux
Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots says Broadway star's condition 'got very bad' and asks for prayers
  • Cordero, 41, was hospitalized last week for a possible coronavirus infection
  • Kloots revealed on Instagram he was unconscious and on a ventilator
  • He twice tested negative for COVID-19 and was diagnosed with pneumonia before a third swab of his chest activity came back positive
  • Cordero is a Tony Award-nominated stage actor who has starred in shows such as Bullets Over Broadway, Rock of Ages and Waitress and has a 10-month-old son Elvis
  • She posted Tuesday that his condition was improving
  • 'He is fighting for his life right now. Elvis and I need you Nick Cordero. It's time to fight daddy,' Kloots wrote Friday night on Instagram
Amanda Kloots took to Instagram on Friday to ask for prayers for her husband, Broadway star Nick Cordero, after his condition worsened after being diagnosed with pneumonia.

'All prayer warriors right now PLEASE. Nick's condition got very bad. Please pray pray pray,' she posted in her Instagram Stories with a photo of Nick and their 10-month-old son Elvis.

She later shared an Instagram photo of her, Nick and Elvis for her roughly 70,000 followers with the caption reading, 'My whole world has stopped. Please pray for my husband. Prayer warriors, prayer circles, whatever you've got. Energy, meditation, positive thinking. He is fighting for his life right now. Elvis and I need you Nick Cordero. It's time to fight daddy.

27065620-0-image-a-8_1586581236150.jpg

Condition worsened: Amanda Kloots asked for prayers for her husband, Broadway star Nick Cordero, on Instagram Stories on Friday after his medical condition 'got very bad'

Fitness influencer Kloots gave an update Tuesday via Instagram with the good news that Cordero, 41, was improving,

'He's doing really good and his inflammation is down in his lungs and the doctors are really happy with his progress,' she said while holding Elvis in a video clip posted to her Instagram Stories.

'We thank you for all of your prayers and all of your thoughts,' she added.

Cordero was originally diagnosed with pneumonia and twice tested negative for COVID-19, but Kloots has said doctors believed he likely had the coronavirus. A third swab of his chest cavity while unconscious came back positive.

27065934-8209981-image-m-17_1586582818690.jpg

Time to fight: The fitness influencer shared an Instagram photo of her, Nick and Elvis on Friday night with the caption reading, 'My whole world has stopped. Please pray for my husband. Prayer warriors, prayer circles, whatever you've got. Energy, meditation, positive thinking. He is fighting for his life right now. Elvis and I need you Nick Cordero. It's time to fight daddy'

26930836-8198211-Update_Nick_Cordero_s_wife_Amanda_Kloots_pictured_with_their_son-m-10_1586300610061.jpg

Update: Nick's wife Amanda, pictured with their son Elvis, shared on Instagram Stories on Tuesday that inflammation in her husband's lungs was lessening after a week on a ventilator

Before he got sick, Cordero's production of Rock Of Ages was shut down due to the pandemic leaving him without paid employment.

Kloots told BuzzFeed in an interview published Tuesday that she has now launched a long-in-the-works subscription service for her workout videos via her website as a way to make money.

'We're gonna have hospital bills, and we have a mortgage and we have a car payment and I have to do my best to keep up my business as much as possible because it is my only income at the moment,' Kloots explained.

26694706-8198211-In_Intensive_Care_Cordero_was_originally_diagnosed_with_pneumoni-a-10_1586302236248.jpg

In Intensive Care: Cordero was originally diagnosed with pneumonia and was twice tested negative for COVID-19 but Kloots has said doctors believed he likely had the coronavirus

26931682-8198211-New_business_Kloots_told_BuzzFeed_in_an_interview_Tuesday_she_ha-a-9_1586302236240.jpg

New business: Kloots told BuzzFeed in an interview Tuesday she has now launched a long-in-the-works subscription service for her workout videos via her website as a way to make money

26930858-8198211-_We_re_gonna_have_hospital_bills_and_we_have_a_mortgage_and_we_h-a-8_1586302236224.jpg

26930860-8198211-Before_he_got_sick_Cordero_s_production_of_Rock_Of_Ages_was_shut-a-11_1586302236384.jpg

Tough time: 'We're gonna have hospital bills, and we have a mortgage and we have a car payment and I have to do my best to keep up my business as much as possible,' Kloots said

26930846-8198211-image-a-9_1586300229623.jpg

Grateful: 'The prayers and the thoughts and the people who are joining me in my live workouts or my online workouts ... it just has been honestly overwhelming,' she told BuzzFeed

She has been sharing her journey with her social media followers and told BuzzFeed she's grateful for the outpouring of support she has received.

'The prayers and the thoughts and the people who are joining me in my live workouts or my online workouts ... it just has been honestly overwhelming,' she said.

'When Nick wakes up from all of this, and he hears everything that has happened, it's going to take him so many days to process this, he will cry so hard.'

Due to quarantine restrictions, Kloots is unable to be at her husband's bedside at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles where he has been receiving treatment

Cordero is a Tony Award-nominated stage actor who has starred in shows like Bullets Over Broadway, Rock of Ages and Waitress.

26755176-8198211-Long_haul_Amanda_previously_gave_an_update_on_Cordero_s_conditio-a-12_1586302236563.jpg

Long haul: Amanda previously gave an update on Cordero's condition last Thursday after previously asking people for prayers as he was placed on a ventilator in ICU

26694566-0-Tragic_Broadway_star_Nick_Cordero_41_is_currently_fighting_for_h-m-15_1585885072733.jpg

Tragic: Cordero, 41, pictured in January, is a Tony Award-nominated stage actor who has starred in shows like Bullets Over Broadway, Rock of Ages and Waitress

Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots says Broadway star's condition 'got very bad' and asks for prayers | Daily Mail Online

Triniqueen77

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,793 1,707 720
Alleybux
Oh my gosh, twice negative then finally positive? So how sensitive are these PCR tests, based on how they work not very. I hope he makes it!

Loralai101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,355 2,596 4,222
Alleybux
he probably has a powerful set of lungs considering he's a broadway singer

for him to be suffering this badly from corona is terrifying

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,139 274,737 8,222
Alleybux
Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots gives emotional update and reveals Broadway star had to be resuscitated amid battle with coronavirus
  • Amanda Kloots revealed her husband is in critical condition following surgery to improve blood flow in his right leg
  • Cordero was put on on a machine that helps support his heart and lungs and a dialysis machine to help with the function of his kidneys
  • At one point his blood pressure dropped so low he lost consciousness and had to be resuscitated
  • He was hospitalized last week for a possible coronavirus infection
  • Cordero twice tested negative for COVID-19 and was diagnosed with pneumonia before a third swab of his chest activity came back positive for coronavirus
  • The actor is a Tony Award-nominated stage performer who has starred in Bullets Over Broadway, Rock of Ages and Waitress and has a 10-month-old son Elvis
After some showing some encouraging signs of improvement, Nick Cordero is once again fighting for his life in his battle against coronavirus.

His wife, Amanda Kloots, took to Instagram late Saturday and revealed the Broadway star is in critical condition following surgery to improve blood flow in his right leg.

At one point the 41-year-old Broadway star's blood pressure dropped so low he lost consciousness and had to be resuscitated.

In a video selfie, Kloots revealed her husband got a new infection in his lungs on Friday that caused his fever to spike, which in turn caused his blood pressure to drop to dangerous levels.

It was at this point that he lost consciousness and his pulse, prompting health care workers to resuscitate him.

'It was very scary. They had a very hard time getting him back [to life],' Kloots said as she looked straight into the camera.

From there doctors put Cordero on a machine that helps support his heart and lungs and a dialysis machine to help with the function of his kidneys.

By Saturday afternoon, Kloots was told that his condition was 'moving in the right direction' and that his life had been saved.

But not long after getting the good news, the actor took a turn for the worse when the heart and lung machine slowed the blood flow in his right leg that required immediate surgery.

Cordero survived the operation but he is listed in critical condition.

'He is struggling and just every minute counts right now,' Kloots said as she fought back tears.

'Again I thank you for the prayers and everything and please just keep praying.'

Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots reveals actor had to be resuscitated and is in critical condition | Daily Mail Online

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,139 274,737 8,222
Alleybux
Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots gives update on his COVID-19 'fight'

Amanda Kloots teared up on Monday while sharing an update on her husband of two years, Tony nominee Nick Cordero, who's battling COVID-19 at the ICU in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

'He's doing okay guys. He's fighting,' the 38-year-old fitness trainer said via Instastory from their Laurel Canyon home.

'FaceTiming him has been wonderful, for me at least. Me and his mom have gotten to FaceTime him now a couple times. It's very special and I can see him fighting [while unconscious]. Today is a big day and we really need some heart and lung strength to come through...so keep sending up those prayers, guys.'

Amanda then recalled a romantic story from when they started dating in 2014 about how the Canadian 41-year-old secretly mastered jumping rope in her honor while he was visiting his sick father in Ontario.

'He told me, "When I was taking care of my dad, I would go to the gym every morning and I taught myself to jump rope so I could win you back,"' Kloots smiled.

'I love this story, obviously because it's about jumping rope, but just a cute story to give you a little insight into what a special guy he is and who he is and the kind of heart he has.'

Nick is on a ventilator, a dialysis machine, and he had to be resuscitated on Saturday after undergoing emergency surgery to alleviate a blockage of blood flow to his leg.

'I got to FaceTime with him today it was the first time I'd seen him since dropping him off at the ER 12 days ago,' The Irishman dancer revealed on Sunday.

'I told him he had to fight. I told him he is strong and can do this...The doctors are still concerned about his right leg and we need him to start making small responses off sedation. These are the next two goals that need to happen.'

Amanda and Cordero - who are parents to 10-month-old son Elvis - originally met while performing in the musical Bullets Over Broadway together at the St. James Theatre in Manhattan.

Kloots has urged her 98K Instagram followers to 'keep playing and dancing' to Elvis Presley's 1957 song Got a Lot o' Livin' to Do in honor of the Mob Town star.

Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots gives update on COVID-19 'fight'... as Florence Pugh lends support | Daily Mail Online

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,139 274,737 8,222
Alleybux
Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots says he 'may never walk again' amid Broadway star's COVID-19 fight

Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots has given another generally positive update on the Broadway star's medical condition, however, she also revealed that he may never walk again.

The 38-year-old fitness trainer took to her Instagram Story on Thursday as she said Nick had surgery to remove the ECMO machine that he was on and it went well.

She explained: 'The doctor said for Nick’s heart and lungs right now they’re in the best condition that they could be. The fact that he’s off (the ECMO machine) is great.'

However it wasn't all great news as she said: 'His right leg is still an issue. There has been some blood flow issues coming down to his foot.'

There could be a long road of recovery ahead for the Broadway actor.

Kloots said: 'We don’t know if he’ll be able to walk again. We don’t know if he can walk again — what that’ll look like.

'I think that there will definitely be a lot of rehab and definitely physio in order for that leg to get working again. But the good news is that blood is finally running down to his toes.'

Just a day prior, Kloots had 'really, really good news,' the fitness trainer said Nick's 'heart and lungs are getting stronger.'

The turn for the better comes after Nick had to be resuscitated on Saturday after undergoing emergency surgery to alleviate a blockage of blood flow to his leg.

'They're weaning him off the ECMO machine,' continued Amanda, referring to the apparatus which helps support the heart and lungs.

She then said that if all went according to plan, doctors would be able to remove the ECMO machine on Thursday, allowing Nick's heart and lungs to operate on their own.

'Big win,' exclaimed the mother-of-one.

However, 'we still need him to wake up,' continued Amanda, imploring fans to sing and dance for Nick at 3pm PST.

Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots says he 'may never walk again' amid star's COVID-19 fight | Daily Mail Online

BR1

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,054 109 21
Alleybux
I’ve been following her story and it’s heartbreaking. I pray with all of my heart he pulls through.

drkjourney1

Come for me, and I'll answer!
Reaction score
Reactions
46,181 1,033 540
Alleybux
Damn young and no pre existing conditions? This is wild

This is why I roll my eyes every time this administration trots someone out before the nation to proclaim that elderly people are the ones who are most in danger.

So far, of the people I personally know who’ve contracted this pernicious virus, it’s been folks between 34-45 who’ve died from it and the Baby Boomers who are still kicking.

It also pisses me off that so many FB conspiracy nuts are peddling that this is a hoax. Saying you only need to sip a vitamin C tonic, while popping an occasional Vitamin D to prevent contracting Rona.

That’s the mindset that’s getting so many younger citizens caught up. This virus is snatching people up regardless of health background or age. It’s maddening.

ladygiagirl

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,106 191 36
Alleybux
This is sad. I saw him in that recently opened permanent immersive Rock of Ages production in Hollywood that the original article refers to as having to shut down due to the pandemic. Very talented guy.

JustKelly44

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,446 5,637 4,899
Alleybux
why would it negative twice?? are they sure corona is the culprit? either way, terrifying ordeal. prayiing for them.

Triniqueen77

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,793 1,707 720
Alleybux
sh!t!!!! Oh my gosh this f*cking disease man!! It’s like a fricking jack in the box with all the complications!

BR1

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,054 109 21
Alleybux
So sad.

Losing a leg is not as bad as losing his life.
And I really hope he pulls through.

But I can’t imagine when (prayers) he wakes up what he will go through and how he will start to comprehend all that has happened.

AbbiejeanKaneArcher

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
36,812 45 44
Alleybux
My best wishes to Nick, his wife, and son as well as everyone suffering from this virus.

There is a vocal dumb minority who shrug off this disease and/or spout conspiracy theories, but you just don't know if you will be the lucky one to be asymptomatic or if you will completely recover with no complications or you have lasting complications like Nick Cordero or if you will die.

Last edited:

Butterfield8

Phenomenal Woman, That’s ME!
Reaction score
Reactions
132,619 4,935 3,034
Alleybux
Yeah I figured that he would lose a leg.

my mom before she passed, had that same problem with blood flow and never walked again.

Prayers for their family.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
why would it negative twice?? are they sure corona is the culprit? either way, terrifying ordeal. prayiing for them.

They may not have a clue. Hospitals and doctors play Russian Roulette with people's lives daily and folks have to be careful. Some doctors are transparent and honest and other's not so much. I hope he's able to recover.

On a side note, his wife bugs me. I'm leery of her agenda and don't find her to be trustworthy. She seems to enjoy the attention. GoFundMe donation my ass.

Muffinnohead

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,568 1,245 424
Alleybux
I think he must have some underlying condition and it has not been said. Coronavirus is a respiratory disease. It doesn’t cause circulation issues in legs and kidney failure. Are we sure he’s not diabetic?

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I think he must have some underlying condition and it has not been said. Coronavirus is a respiratory disease. It doesn’t cause circulation issues in legs and kidney failure. Are we sure he’s not diabetic?

And it won't be said if he does. There's a particular narrative the media wants people to follow and "full disclosure" doesn't suit that narrative.

AbbiejeanKaneArcher

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
36,812 45 44
Alleybux

RME. Why must he? This kind of denial is dangerous. It gives young people a false sense of invincibility. Time and time again medical professionals have said on CNN, the NY Times, and other media outlets (other than FOX) that healthy young people can become very sick from COVID-19. They are not sure why, but speculate that it is either how much of the virus they are exposed to or that their immune systems are so healthy that they overreact to the virus. People, especially, black people have got to pull their heads out and take this virus seriously.

Last edited:

LionessR

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,674 918 242
Alleybux

The ventilators can cause damage to your kidneys. I have a family member on a ventilator now and this is one of the fears. The person is healthy but ventilators can do damage in their fight to save you/your lungs.

trayday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,969 76 68
Alleybux
Oh my gosh, twice negative then finally positive? So how sensitive are these PCR tests, based on how they work not very. I hope he makes it!
I am a nurse and the patient usually get tested 2 or more times if the first test comes back negative. Apparently there is a 30% chance of getting a false negative.

trayday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,969 76 68
Alleybux
I am a nurse and the patient usually get tested 2 or more times if the first test comes back negative. Apparently there is a 30% chance of getting a false negative.

trayday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,969 76 68
Alleybux
The virus can cause pneumonia, and with pneumonia you can go septic. If unchecked sepsis can lead to multi organ failure and reduced blood flow to peripheral tissue (narcotic limbs, hense why this man is losing his leg). Sepsis can happen to anyone it doesnt matter the age. Being young and healthy will increase chances of survival for illnesses, but when the body tires out and reaches a breaking point sometimes there is no going back.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,139 274,737 8,222
Alleybux

fµck he can tapdance. He wont be able to do that with a fake leg. If he was just a singer it would be different but he wont be able to dance.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
RME. Why must he? This kind of denial is dangerous. It gives young people a false sense of invincibility. Time and time again medical professionals have said on CNN, the NY Times, and other media outlets (other than FOX) that healthy young people can become very sick from COVID-19. They are not sure why, but speculate that it is either how much of the virus they are exposed to or that their immune systems are so healthy that they overreact to the virus. People, especially, black people have got to pull their heads out and take this virus seriously.

Asking questions doesn't mean folks aren't taking this virus seriously. The question was valid and two other fonts gave informed answers to said question. Taking this virus seriously doesn't mean blindly accepting all information thrown your way. Asking questions and getting answers is paramount to anyone's survival when dealing with an illness. I don't know anyone who's not taking this seriously but that doesn't mean allowing it to paralyze you mentally or physically. It certainly shouldn't stop anyone from asking questions. Sometimes the reaction of people and the stance they take when others want answers scares me more than the virus.

Triniqueen77

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,793 1,707 720
Alleybux
Yes because it all depends on the viral components being expressed for RNA replication. It depends on how the swab was obtained.