Amara La Negra Vs Young Holiday

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux

An absolutely stunning show of ignorance and racial identity confusion occurred on a recent reunion episode of the "Reality TV" show called, 'Love & Hip Hop: Miami,' which left me and I'm sure many others of the Trans Atlantic slave trade diaspora perplexed and absolutely dumbfounded.

I thought the English colonizers had done a pretty thorough job of taking "Black" African men and woman and turning them into confused and disoriented creatures with no heritage or identity, but after witnessing the above exchange between Amar La Negra and Young Hollywood, who is one of her male co-stars on the show, each giving their own personal perceptions about race and nationality, I now believe the Spanish did a much more complete and thorough job of mentally destroying the Africans whom they enslaved. And I mean enslaved in the most strict sense of the word.

To be a slave is simply a physical state of being from which one can easily escape or be liberated, but to be enslaved is about psychological resignation and acceptance to a subjugated state of mind that once achieved transcends the physical or condition of bondage. It's that point where the physical chains come off, but psychologically they're still present and as binding as ever.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of having to explain the persistence and inherited descendancy of race to Spanish speaking descendants of African slaves how neither speaking Spanish or being mixed cannot negate the dominance of the African genes within you. The following clip by well-known self-identifying "Black-Puerto Rican" You Tuber, Angel Ramirez-Jordan, manages to do an excellent job of explaining the madness being demonstrated in the exchange.

Last edited:

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux
HEY THERE, TO YOU
"LATINOS, LATINAS AND HISPANICS!!!"
C'MON AND REPEAT AFTER ME.

2973712_5a6d5ec800ee7.jpg
...AND I'M PROUD OF MY AFRICAN LINEAGE
AND PHYSICAL FEATURES!

Last edited:

3am

Sawltie
Reaction score
Reactions
206,120 4,581 2,070
Alleybux
A whole month later? The identity of black latino is you guys favorite thing to discuss and dissect, third to none other than the never ending light skin debate and Are ethiopians arab or black debate lol

(Afro) Latino Alley

Wondaland

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
118,555 11,989 15,277
Alleybux
Amara is like many Afro-Latinos I have met growing up here in Florida. They'll recognize the fact that their black; but they also use the "latino" label to differentiate the fact that their different from the other blacks; African Americans. More so to make themselves exotic; and desirable to outsiders. As conscious as Amara claims to be all of her music videos consist of an interracial pairing.

More than anything Amara seems more upset at her position within a racist system; than being upset at the system itself. She would be fine with the system if she could just be 'latino." Like the whites.

3am

Sawltie
Reaction score
Reactions
206,120 4,581 2,070
Alleybux
Amara is like many Afro-Latinos I have met growing up here in Florida. They'll recognize the fact that their black; but they also use the "latino" label to differentiate the fact that their different from the other blacks; African Americans. More so to make themselves exotic; and desirable to outsiders. As conscious as Amara claims to be all of her music videos consist of an interracial pairing.

More than anything Amara seems more upset at her position within a racist system; than being upset at the system itself. She would be fine with the system if she could just be 'latino." Like the whites.

Why is it okay for someone to call themselves West Indian or African American, but not Latina? She said she is black, but now it is still an issue because she calls herself black and ___

I could see if she was lying or making up ethnicities to seem exotic, but she is Latina. Her culture is different than AA, her native tongue is Spanish, and even her name reflects the culture she was born into.

Why take it personally when Africans, Latinos, Caribbean's, etc call themselves by their ethnic group or place of origin? Afro Latinos are different than other black people in a lot of ways and there is nothing wrong with that. Just like African Americans are unique and different from a lot.

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux
Straight Hair Is Smart & Tidy

Lets Pass For European Today
You Can Hide Your Racial Identity Too

giphy.gif

1bb4d412021f290a03133485d47d772f.gif

surejane.gif

Last edited:

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux
Why is it okay for someone to call themselves West Indian or African American, but not Latina? She said she is black, but now it is still an issue because she calls herself black and ___

I could see if she was lying or making up ethnicities to seem exotic, but she is Latina. Her culture is different than AA, her native tongue is Spanish, and even her name reflects the culture she was born into.

Why take it personally when Africans, Latinos, Caribbean's, etc call themselves by their ethnic group or place of origin? Afro Latinos are different than other black people in a lot of ways and there is nothing wrong with that. Just like African Americans are unique and different from a lot.

"Afro Latinos are different than other black people in a lot of ways and there is nothing wrong with that."

whaaa.gif

orly.gif

I think we should all be able to agree the one way in which they're NOT DIFFERENT is race.

So, what're you running away from it for? No matter what you call it, "A Rose By Any Other Name Is Still A Rose" and you can't get around that fact.

Last edited:

3am

Sawltie
Reaction score
Reactions
206,120 4,581 2,070
Alleybux
"Afro Latinos are different than other black people in a lot of ways and there is nothing wrong with that."

whaaa.gif

orly.gif

I think we should all be able to agree the one way in which they're NOT DIFFERENT is race.

So, what're running away from it for? No matter what you call it, "A Rose By Any Other Name Is Still A Rose" and you can't get around that fact.

I also said African American are unique and different. Just because we are all black and that leads to similarities does not mean that we are 100% alike. Are you really going to argue that someone who Haitian is going to be the exact same culturally and ethnicity wise as someone who is Somali? Just because they both are of the same race? It is okay for blacks people to have different cultures and speak different languages than each other honey, it does not make one group blacker than the other or more valid.

But clearly you are going to believe what you want to and have a bone to pick with the Black Latinos who did not play with you in the sand box during recess in kindergarten. *laughs in tapatio sauce*

Wondaland

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
118,555 11,989 15,277
Alleybux

That's not the point.

The point is that many will state such to detach themselves from the representation of American Blackness. i.e... I'm not that kind of Black; my Blackness is different, we're more attractive than them, we have good hair they don't; you see that type of attitude and personalities here. The "exotic" black.

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux
I also said African American are unique and different. Just because we are all black and that leads to similarities does not mean that we are 100% alike. Are you really going to argue that someone who Haitian is going to be the exact same culturally and ethnicity wise as someone who is Somali? Just because they both are of the same race? It is okay for blacks people to have different cultures and speak different languages than each other honey, it does not make one group blacker than the other or more valid.

But clearly you are going to believe what you want to and have a bone to pick with the Black Latinos who did not play with you in the sand box during recess in kindergarten. *laughs in tapatio sauce*

I believe what you're doing right now is employing a logical fallacy tactic called making a distinction without a difference. For some strange reason Spanish speaking African descendants go to great lengths to avoid identifying with their African physical features or "Black" lineage. It would be one thing if many of them were simply misinformed and just didn't understand the difference between Race, Nationality and Ethnicity. But many of you know that a distinct difference exist between them, yet no such distinction can be made between two people of the same race regardless of skin color, language, customs or geological location.

The issue is racial ambiguity, not what foods you like or the language you speak or even where in the world you claim citizenship. but in the exact same disingenuous fashion the people who gave you your believed identity of supposed distinction, you complicate the simple just to deflect from the fact that you hate even the idea of being identified as being of African descent.

Whether you're descended from the Negro children of Shem or the African children of Ham, you're born to live in the direct sun of Africa. Everything from the way in which your hair coils upward in a dancing spiral towards the light or the way your brown melanated skin filters the UV ration and converts it into Vitim D declares exactly who you are and from where you originate.

You all can Brazilian straighten you curly hair, but you can't change the oblong shape of your hair follicles that causes your hair to curl upward as if it were a crown of melanin for a god.

Don't we already have enough haters? For what possible reason should we hate ourselves?

"And thy renown went forth among the Gentiles for thy beauty; for it was perfect because of my beauty which I placed upon thee, said Allahym. But thou didst trust in thine own beauty..." (Ezekiel 16:14-15).

Last edited:

JustKelly44

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,445 5,637 4,899
Alleybux

An absolutely stunning show of ignorance and racial identity confusion occurred on a recent reunion episode of the "Reality TV" show called, 'Love & Hip Hop: Miami,' which left me and I'm sure many others of the Trans Atlantic slave trade diaspora perplexed and absolutely dumbfounded.

I thought the English colonizers had done a thorough job of taking "Black" African men and woman and turning them into creatures with no heritage or identity, but after witnessing the above exchange between Amar La Negra and Young Hollywood who is one of her male co-stars on the show each giving their own personal perceptions about race and nationality, I now believe the Spanish did a much more thorough job of destroy even the identity of the Africans they enslaved. And I mean enslaved in the most strict sense of the word.

To be a slave is a physical state of being and easily escape and recovered from, but to be enslaved is about resignation and acceptance to subjugated state of mind, which once achieved transcends physical location or conditions. It's that point where the physical chains come off, but psychologically they're still there and as binding as ever.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of having to explain to Spanish speaking descendants of Africans that speaking Spanish and being mixed doesn't negate the dominance of the African genes within you. The following clip is by well-known Puerto Rican You Tuber, Angel Ramirez-Jordan, does an excellent job of explaining the madness being demonstrated in the exchange.

@MKeezy
OP did you write this???

Great writing. :emoji_black_nib::emoji_bookmark_tabs:

camnewtonnn

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
6,753 175 164
Alleybux
I believe what you're doing right now is employing a logical fallacy tactic called making a distinction without a difference. For some strange reason Spanish speaking African descendants go to great lengths to avoid identifying with their African physical features or "Black" lineage. It would be one thing if many of them were simply misinformed and just didn't understand the difference between Race, Nationality and Ethnicity. But many of you know that a distinct difference exist between them, yet no such distinction can be made between two people of the same race regardless of skin color, language, customs or geological location.

The issue is racial ambiguity, not what foods you like or the language you speak or even where in the world you claim citizenship. but in the exact same disingenuous fashion the people who gave you your believed identity of supposed distinction, you complicate the simple just to deflect from the fact that you hate even the idea of being identified as being of African descent.

Whether you're descended from the Negro children of Shem or the African children of Ham, you're born to live in the direct sun of Africa. Everything from the way in which your hair coils upward in a dancing spiral towards the light or the way your brown melanated skin filters the UV ration and converts it into Vitim D declares exactly who you are and from where you originate.

You all can Brazilian straighten you curly hair, but you can't change the oblong shape of your hair follicles that causes your hair to curl upward as if it were a crown of melanin for a god.

Don't we already have enough haters? For what possible reason should we hate ourselves?

"And thy renown went forth among the Gentiles for thy beauty; for it was perfect because of my beauty which I placed upon thee, said Allahym. But thou didst trust in thine own beauty..." (Ezekiel 16:14-15).

here to say that i COMPLETELY agree with everything you’ve said in this thread. you’ve articulated your thoughts beautifully.

don’t expect LSA to hear you out though, most of the dialogue about race/ ethnicity/ nationality on this site is... puzzling, to say the least.

Gurlyella

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,771 201 202
Alleybux
Saying we are African/black American is no different than someone else saying they are Afro-Latino/a or Afro-(insert nationality). We are different culturally. North America has a different culture from Central and South America and Caribbean. We speak English they speak Spanish, portugese, etc. The music is different and etc.

I think because of our, black Americans, experience we see everyone that is visibly black as black, instead of seeing them based on their culture or nationality.

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux
Saying we are African/black American is no different than someone else saying they are Afro-Latino/a or Afro-(insert nationality). We are different culturally. North America has a different culture from Central and South America and Caribbean. We speak English they speak Spanish, portugese, etc. The music is different and etc.

I think because of our, black Americans, experience we see everyone that is visibly black as black, instead of seeing them based on their culture or nationality.

The pure ignorance concerning these slave era labels which White-Europeans branded you with is shocking.

It doesn't matter which European country you were colonized by, they're all members of the same family. All the Royal slave trading and colonizing imperialist families of Europe, with the exception of Sweden, can be traced back to one man, King Christian IX of Denmark. They all spoke the same Romanesque language in every royal court of the various kingdoms of Europe, which was French, a Latin derived language.

And I'm sure you know that Latin was the official language of Rome, which English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese are but variations. You're absolutely ignorant to think that you being of African stock are speaking a foreign tongue for any other reason than you were compelled to at the business end of a European colonizers whip to do so.

You all have a wealth of knowledge at your disposal, but you choose to remain ignorant of the world around you and its history. It's fitting that the clinical term for the pathology from which you appear to suffer is also of Danish origin called, "Stockholm Syndrome."

I GIVE UP!
giphy.gif

lvoxgl.gif

nene.gif
...RUNNING AROUND HERE PROUD TO IDENTIFY
WITH EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADING COLONIZERS,
BUT ASHAMED TO IDENTIFY AS WHAT YOU ARE,
WHICH IS BLACK/AFRICAN STOCK!

IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THEN...
9549.gif

“The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.” (Isaiah 1:3).

Last edited:

Alicia

Wynter Noel and other Swifties are YT.
Reaction score
Reactions
163,832 3,154 1,608
Alleybux
The pure ignorance concerning these slave era labels which White-Europeans branded you with is shocking.

It doesn't matter which European country you were colonized by, they're all members of the same family. All the Royal slave trading and colonizing imperialist families of Europe, with the exception of Sweden, can be traced back to one man, King Christian IX of Denmark. They all spoke the same Romanesque language in every royal court of the various kingdoms of Europe, which was French, a Latin derived language.

And I'm sure you know that Latin was the official language of Rome, which English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese are but variations. You're absolutely ignorant to think that you being of African stock are speaking a foreign tongue for any other reason than you were compelled to at the business end of a European colonizers whip to do so.

You all have a wealth of knowledge at your disposal, but you choose to remain ignorant of the world around you and its history. It's fitting that the clinical term for the pathology from which you appear to suffer is also of Danish origin called, "Stockholm Syndrome."

I GIVE UP!
giphy.gif

lvoxgl.gif

nene.gif

...RUNNING AROUND HERE PROUD TO IDENTIFY
WITH EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADING COLONIZERS,
BUT ASHAMED TO IDENTIFY AS WHAT YOU ARE,
WHICH IS BLACK/AFRICAN STOCK!

IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THEN...
9549.gif

“The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.” (Isaiah 1:3).

Your dumb ass is in here acting like you are more educated than everyone else on race and telling black people they're brainwashed by white supremacy for aligning themselves primarily with their culture/ethnicity, yet you seem completely ignorant to the fact that race is a concept made up by white Europeans to oppress you. So if anything, basing your identity on your skin color is the embodiment of allowing slave-era labels to warp your mind. FYI, Africans don’t present themselves as Africans outside their continent, they identify with their nationality and/or ethnicity first and foremost. The way humans always did before this thing called white supremacy proliferated.

I’m getting tired of you woker-than-thou fonts acting like y’all are the smartest people in the room just because y’all know how to consult a thesaurus, throw in an irrelevant bible verse and use sassy gifs. :disdain

MKeezy

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
22,611 3,212 3,854
Alleybux
Your dumb ass is in here acting like you are more educated than everyone else on race and telling black people they're brainwashed by white supremacy for aligning themselves primarily with their culture/ethnicity, yet you seem completely ignorant to the fact that race is a concept made up by white Europeans to oppress you. So if anything, basing your identity on your skin color is the embodiment of allowing slave-era labels to warp your mind. FYI, Africans don’t present themselves as Africans outside their continent, they identify with their nationality and/or ethnicity first and foremost. The way humans always did before this thing called white supremacy proliferated.

I’m getting tired of you woker-than-thou fonts acting like y’all are the smartest people in the room just because y’all know how to consult a thesaurus, throw in an irrelevant bible verse and use sassy gifs. :disdain

IMG_6479.gif

umad.gif

tumblr_mehjidCzZx1qcxfado1_500.gif

DIDN'T READ IT LOL!
rockit6.gif

staymad.gif

Last edited: