Quantcast

Annie’s Soul Delicious (LA locals/visitors)

UWildNoseyb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,425 4,314 1,484
Alleybux
This restaurant is gross!
5F90F1DB-1D32-4385-B53C-367B5A35D4BA.jpeg

Last edited:

UWildNoseyb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,425 4,314 1,484
Alleybux
care to give some extra info?
The candy yams are trash!! They taste like the sh!t you buy out of the can. The baked Mac & cheese was more like stove-top.. the only thing that was good was the stuffed salmon, which seemed like that’s what my money went to.

DarlinNiki

Prince's Favorite Muse
Reaction score
Reactions
49,064 663 296
Alleybux
Hmmm, interesting.

I’ve only been there once, but the food was good. The only thing that annoyed me was the price, but given the area and the rent, I understand why. On your next trip, try some other spots.

Peanut Gallery

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,150 3,531 951
Alleybux
Annie? Like little orphan Annie :disdain:?

Never heard of it

to be honest the majority that f soul food places in la suck or they are overpriced. I like sweet blessings in the valley but it’s a bit pricey. All the other known places in La are too damn salty for me I mean last time I went to one of the most famous ones who’s name slips my mind but starts with an M, it was so salty I couldn’t even finish half of it and my mouth was burning. I could only take a few bites. And that’s how it was last time I went to MnMs. Now back in the day, MnMs was popping along with Harold and belles but they both have fallen off bad.
The problem with La soul food is they eventually take the soul out of it and try to make it all “palatable to others” and it always fails!!! Half my family is from the south and we should have true soul food options that aren’t all fµcked up. We got great bbq, Asian, Mexican food but LA soul food is NOT it. We used to have awesome Jamaican but I don’t know what happened to that! We used to go down and get plates of BBQ or jerk chicken in the hood by that smart and final that sold the locally made sweet potato pies and they were divine but you can’t get ANY of that anymore and its sad!! All you got is these up and coming places like Alta adams that is mediocre as fµck with inflated prices and terrible coffee shop next door. All doing this to be more inclusive. I get why ($$$$) but if the food isn’t good no one will return.

Last edited:

UWildNoseyb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,425 4,314 1,484
Alleybux
Hmmm, interesting.

I’ve only been there once, but the food was good. The only thing that annoyed me was the price, but given the area and the rent, I understand why. On your next trip, try some other spots.
I live here

DarlinNiki

Prince's Favorite Muse
Reaction score
Reactions
49,064 663 296
Alleybux
I live here
Have you been to Chef Marilyn’s?

There’s also a new place on Crenshaw and Vernon that’s supposed to be good, Delicious Southern Cuisine. Haven’t tried it yet, but a friend speaks highly of it.

Southernchic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
317,121 10,631 3,124
Alleybux
Annie? Like little orphan Annie :disdain:?

Never heard of it

to be honest the majority that f soul food places in la suck or they are overpriced. I like sweet blessings in the valley but it’s a bit pricey. All the other known places in La are too damn salty for me I mean last time I went to one of the most famous ones who’s name slips my mind but starts with an M, it was so salty I couldn’t even finish half of it and my mouth was burning. I could only take a few bites. And that’s how it was last time I went to MnMs. Now back in the day, MnMs was popping along with Harold and belles but they both have fallen off bad.
The problem with La soul food is they eventually take the soul out of it and try to make it all “palatable to others” and it always fails!!! Half my family is from the south and we should have true soul food options that aren’t all fµcked up. We got great bbq, Asian, Mexican food but LA soul food is NOT it. We used to have awesome Jamaican but I don’t know what happened to that! We used to go down and get plates of BBQ or jerk chicken in the hood by that smart and final that sold the locally made sweet potato pies and they were divine but you can’t get ANY of that anymore and its sad!! All you got is these up and coming places like Alta adams that is mediocre as fµck with inflated prices and terrible coffee shop next door. All doing this to be more inclusive. I get why ($$$$) but if the food isn’t good no one will return.
Dulans was good when I had it