Quantcast

Anti-Black Racism on Canadian Campuses Documentary, must Watch.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,403 21,161 10,192
Alleybux
Black on campus: Students, staff and faculty say universities are failing them.

The documentary covers 3 stories. I'll give a brief cliffs of each.

1. Black law student was attacked and assaulted by a white racist on campus, and was arrested and had to spend the night in jail when the white student who attacked him lied to the cops. Witnesses came forward later so he got out. When he went to the Academic director and university president to file complaints, they banned him from campus activities, while letting the racist who assaulted him off scott free. The white karen admin called the campus police and played the "dangerous unknown black man is attacking me on the phone" but he had recorded the conversation, showing he did nothing wrong. U Windsor

2. Black woman worked in the admin office and came dressed in jeans and white boss attacked her viciously and berated her and then fired her when she was on sick leave. (Ryerson U) Toronto

3. Black male professor and department French Chair was basically destroyed for hiring a Black female Assisstant Professor even though it was agreed she was the best qualified applicant. University accused him of only hiring her for being black and she was black. University went on a jihad to destroy his reputation, lie on him, file fake investigations against him and is in the process of firing him. The student union head is a black woman who is confronting the school president on the issue who is a karen and tries to deflect it. (York U) Toronto

Anti-black racism is rife in Canadian universities, and many of the professors, especially at U of Ottawa are trying to claim it is academic freedom for them to say the N-word to black students. Canada is a very racist place.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,778 4,587 1,437
Alleybux
I had a horrible racist experience in central Canada. Prior to that, I had only ever been in Toronto and had no problems. I thought Canada was diverse and the people were nice until that time. Funny enough my encounter was with a white guy and an Asian guy. Now you have Asians complaining about racism.

Cupcake09

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,038 2,310 448
Alleybux
I had a horrible racist experience in central Canada. Prior to that, I had only ever been in Toronto and had no problems. I thought Canada was diverse and the people were nice until that time. Funny enough my encounter was with a white guy and an Asian guy. Now you have Asians complaining about racism.

What happened?

TASTYEE

THE MOST DELICIOUS
Reaction score
Reactions
64,410 914 346
Alleybux
Yes Canada needs to start documenting and being aware of its bigotry instead of running over to cover American racial issues every time.

Fix your own issues too!

Last edited:

LindaB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,243 1,525 687
Alleybux
Yep went to university in canada for 4 years. It nearly broke me. The gaslighting and racism from faculty to other students was unlike anything I had experienced. And I am not the only one. These mofos need to be exposed

TASTYEE

THE MOST DELICIOUS
Reaction score
Reactions
64,410 914 346
Alleybux
Thanks for this. I have always thought about McGill University for my son.

McGill is a great post-secondary institution. Racism of various forms happens on all canadian campuses so don’t let it discourage from sending your son there.

simplymina

in my bag
Reaction score
Reactions
156,120 6,832 2,211
Alleybux
I personally am glad to see these universities exposed for what they are. I dealt with racism pretty much all the time when I was in uni. And other students would just watch as I was being unfairly targeted by professors and then gaslight me after. One yt professor even tried to fail me my last semester and hold me back from graduating over some petty bµllsh!t but I fought back, went to the dean and graduated on time. All of this made my university experience traumatizing to say the least.

Unlike the US, many universities in Canada don’t have the numbers when it comes to black students so they feel like they can treat black people any type of way. I recall many times where I was the only black person in the class. Plus I went to school in Alberta which is a racist province to begin with

LindaB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,243 1,525 687
Alleybux
I personally am glad to see these universities exposed for what they are. I dealt with racism pretty much all the time when I was in uni. And other students would just watch as I was being unfairly targeted by professors and then gaslight me after. One yt professor even tried to fail me my last semester and hold me back from graduating over some petty bµllsh!t but I fought back, went to the dean and graduated on time. All of this made my university experience traumatizing to say the least.

Unlike the US, many universities in Canada don’t have the numbers when it comes to black students so they feel like they can treat black people any type of way. I recall many times where I was the only black person in the class. Plus I went to school in Alberta which is a racist province to begin with

I have the exact same story in which my one last class I needed to graduate had to go through arbitration as the prof wanted to fail me. I was acting out at the end though because of the amount hatred and vitriol I was facing every single day in class and even living in campus. Definitely the most traumatizing 4 years of my life

liquid alloy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,920 535 100
Alleybux

I have the exact same story in which my one last class I needed to graduate had to go through arbitration as the prof wanted to fail me. I was acting out at the end though because of the amount hatred and vitriol I was facing every single day in class and even living in campus. Definitely the most traumatizing 4 years of my life

I'm sorry that you all had to experience that. I've had my share of issues but nothing on this level.

LindaB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,243 1,525 687
Alleybux
I'm sorry that you all had to experience that. I've had my share of issues but nothing on this level.

Yeah I contacted the school with those whole George Floyd thing and they acknowledged systemic racism was a huge issue and they apologized lol after taking all my money for 4 years

glicampsen

Commit yourself & give everything you got.
Reaction score
Reactions
39,929 612 193
Alleybux
Yes Canada needs to start documenting and being aware of its bigotry instead of running over to cover American racial issues every time.

Fix your own issues too!
They will never, they take pride in being "better" than Americans whatever that means and treat black people very horrible.

David Aventura

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,063 941 180
Alleybux
Canada is a mess, despite the good reputation. I have typically enjoyed Toronto. However, I went to Montreal once and promised myself that I would never go back. The racism was blatant and stank.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,098 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
Black on campus: Students, staff and faculty say universities are failing them.

The documentary covers 3 stories. I'll give a brief cliffs of each.

1. Black law student was attacked and assaulted by a white racist on campus, and was arrested and had to spend the night in jail when the white student who attacked him lied to the cops. Witnesses came forward later so he got out. When he went to the Academic director and university president to file complaints, they banned him from campus activities, while letting the racist who assaulted him off scott free. The white karen admin called the campus police and played the "dangerous unknown black man is attacking me on the phone" but he had recorded the conversation, showing he did nothing wrong. U Windsor

2. Black woman worked in the admin office and came dressed in jeans and white boss attacked her viciously and berated her and then fired her when she was on sick leave. (Ryerson U) Toronto

3. Black male professor and department French Chair was basically destroyed for hiring a Black female Assisstant Professor even though it was agreed she was the best qualified applicant. University accused him of only hiring her for being black and she was black. University went on a jihad to destroy his reputation, lie on him, file fake investigations against him and is in the process of firing him. The student union head is a black woman who is confronting the school president on the issue who is a karen and tries to deflect it. (York U) Toronto

Anti-black racism is rife in Canadian universities, and many of the professors, especially at U of Ottawa are trying to claim it is academic freedom for them to say the N-word to black students. Canada is a very racist place.

I saw this doc on TV just the other day. I was fuming.
Canada's reputation for human rights is a big, fat, PR lie.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,098 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
Canada is a mess, despite the good reputation. I have typically enjoyed Toronto. However, I went to Montreal once and promised myself that I would never go back. The racism was blatant and stank.

Quebec's premier refuses to acknowledge the existence of systemic racism. He will not say the word. He just appointed a white man as an anti-racism minister and the first tweet that white man put out on Twitter was to endorse an racist newspaper article that interviewed some random auntie saying that she's never experienced racism in Quebec and that systemic racism is a lie and divisive.

This is the same premier who kept defending the Ottawa professor (she was a Québécoise working there) who used the N-word in class, claiming that the black students who complained were assaulting the principle of ''academic freedom'' by protesting against the use of the N-word in university classes that they pay for. Quebec is a bad joke. And keep in mind that Montreal is actually the most ''liberal'' and multicultural city in Quebec, 2nd most multicultural city in Canada after Toronto. The Québécois are racist and very open about their racism. But they will gaslight you all day while being racist and claiming that its minorities being sensitive

Baby Powder

House Targaryen
Reaction score
Reactions
19,684 877 323
Alleybux
There was an anti-black lives matter protest in Red Deer a few months back. I go to college here and it's honestly pretty scary to walk the streets without them looking at you. Lots of racism in Calgary too.

avocadofresh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,263 664 704
Alleybux
Canada is a few decades behind America when it comes to racism, living in a country that is 90% white is also kinda a problem.