Quantcast

Anxiety while applying to jobs

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,837 494,857 222,829
Alleybux
I should be grateful that two recruiters contacted me on LinkedIn but my anxiety is crippling. I haven’t replied them for two weeks but I saw the notification the day they sent.

What do I even reply to them?

I have to look for a therapist and most of them cost money and I need to make money to get a therapist.

sweetfusion™

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,209 732 243
Alleybux
do you have health insurance? if not, apply & you can use your insurance to get therapy. Talk Space accepts some insurances.

Find a therapist that specializes in anxiety. Do you have social anxiety or anxiety in general? What is your diet like? Try meditation as well to calm your nerves. There are some books written by psychologists and therapist you can buy too:

- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns, MD

- Be Calm: Proven Techniques to Stop Anxiety Now" by Jill P. Weber

- "Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks" by Seth Gillihan

All these books are available on Amazon.

You can also look into joining toastmasters international. They can help you develop confidence, business skills, etc and you will be around others who may struggle with shyness or social anxiety.

Brey57

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,214 2,247 2,057
Alleybux
I should be grateful that two recruiters contacted me on LinkedIn but my anxiety is crippling. I haven’t replied them for two weeks but I saw the notification the day they sent.

What do I even reply to them?

I have to look for a therapist and most of them cost money and I need to make money to get a therapist.
I feel anxiety applying regardless

I’m not getting a lot of leads like I thought I would. That’s with a degree and experience

What makes it worse is all of the scamming “marketing/consulting firms” that keep contact me. And fake recruiters

I just really wish I could’ve kept my job but this covid thing has messed me up fr.

I’m trying to stay positive though

JZsLacefront

I said what I said. Don't bother.
Reaction score
Reactions
5,823 293 195
Alleybux
Awwwww. Don't beat yourself up over it. I've had people respond to messages about jobs literally MONTHS after I initially reached out.

I do not care at all if they took a long time to get back to me. I assume they were busy or weren't on the market when I sent the message, and now something has changed and they want to talk.

Just reply that you're interested and send your resume. If the job is still open, take my word that they'll be more happy to know that you're interested and want more info than irritated that you didn't reply for a couple weeks.

But if they respond back, make sure you keep up with the conversation (aka dont let the delay in response become a habit.)

Remember, alot of anxiety comes from fear and FEAR is just False Evidence Appearing Real. Meaning we are creating worse case scenarios in our heads that we have no basis for. Things have just as much of a chance turning out well as they may not. So have some faith and shoot your shot. The odds are in your favor. They reached out to you first, so they obviously want you!!!

Good luck!

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom