Quantcast

Any Fans Of INXS and/or The Late Michael Hutchence?

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I wasn't sure whether to post this in here, the Celebrity Gossip, or Music Industry News and Views forum since I created it as a catch-all thread to discuss the Good (the music), the Bad (the decline in popularity), and the Ugly (the mess that was Michael's final years) of one of the biggest bands from my childhood/one of the best frontmen to ever do it. If I've placed this in the wrong subforum, please feel free to move it elsewhere, mods.

Anyway, I stumbled onto @Xxxpensive's thread about Michael's documentary and it sent me down an online rabbit hole that made me relive the band's mid-to-late 80s heyday

while rediscovering songs from their early years like

wondering how they became yesterday's news (at least, in America) an album or two after Kick and reliving the whole Michael Hutchence, Paula Yates, and Bob Geldof mess that contributed to his death at age 37:
1616953916939.jpeg

For those of you who remember it all, were fans of the band, or are simply curious...
giphy.gif

Oh, and for the snide little snots who wonder why such a thread is being made, there's no room for any of you to talk since there's an ongoing Chris Cornell discussion that is three threads deep as we speak :disdain

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,919 2,257 1,262
Alleybux
I loved Inxs and Michael Hutchence's sexy ass. lol I still watch the need you tonight/mediate video often. It's sad he's gone.

Dr.Girlfriend

Devotee
Reaction score
Reactions
84,076 898 354
Alleybux
Michael was bae. I went to one of their concerts while he was alive.

Kiss the Dirt
Suicide Blond
Original Sin
I could go on.

Dani86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,412 51 13
Alleybux
Loved this band! One of my favorite rock bands. There live performances were so good!

Strangely enough, Australia were very hot and cold with them at the height if their success, mainly because they appealed to people outside of Australia.

The biopic can be found on Amazon prime. Never Tear Us Apart. As a fan of the band, I found it more, or less accurate.

Xxxpensive

The Realest Housewife
Reaction score
Reactions
101,302 2,642 459
Alleybux
Of course, big INXS fan here. Their music was really important to me during the mid-to-late 80s and the early 90s. I kind of stopped listening to their output by the mid-90s and was saddened by Michael's death.

HelenSade

Ladies, Take His Draws!!!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
246,348 4,734 1,266
Alleybux
200w.gif

Baby,

Every time I hear “Sliiiiddee over here....” my body starts TINGLING. I was sooooo in lov

IDC IDC he and Simon LeBon can get it til INFINITY AND BEYOND.

TootieRamsey

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,573 525 12
Alleybux
He was one of my first white boy crushes. I remember when INXS songs were played on R&B stations. Old school BET devoted a whole episode of "Video LP" to INXS back in the day. I own a copy of their video hits on VHS (showing my age here, lol).

AXS TV showed a documentary about Michael's life a few months ago. That head injury he suffered deeply affected his personality. So sad.

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
I didn't grow up with their music nor can I say I am a "true blue" fan but "Need You Tonight" is my sh!t. I listened to it yesterday as I pulled up in the parking lot of the local GNC lol. Love that song and video! I didn't know who Michael Hutchence was until a few years ago. In fact, there was a font on here who had a pic of what I thought was a very sexy man with long-ish hair and they liked one of my posts. I messaged them about it and asked who the guy was and they told me. I then looked this guy up and read his tragic story while realizing he was a part of a group. Then I listened to "Need You Tonight" and was like "I know this song! I eventually watched the video for the first time. I need to discover more of their music. He was one attractive guy who exuded xes appeal. I just read the short thread about the documentary and didn't know he had a brain injury...whew. I am interested in watching the documentary to learn more. What little I know already makes me sad. I've read that he was an introvert (l am too) and I just googled his death again and there was a quote saying that he was actually killed. Very tragic either way.

Dani86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,412 51 13
Alleybux
By most accounts INXS, and Michael were just cool guys. Got along with everyone (except Oasis who were just assholes as only white British dudes can be).

Kirk, one of the guitarists, was married to Demi Hines, whose a singer herself, but also daughter of Marcia Hines, the disco singer.

Michael and INXS were messy but I loved them.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I loved Inxs and Michael Hutchence's sexy ass. lol I still watch the need you tonight/mediate video often. It's sad he's gone.

That Mediate part of the video used to get on my nerves when I was a child...lol

I came for
tumblr_psp31i9Yoh1xch6xgo1_400.gifv
, not for
tenor.gif
(they didn't play that part on the radio, so it didn't make sense to me :arrogant )

TootieRamsey

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,573 525 12
Alleybux
Of course, big INXS fan here. Their music was really important to me during the mid-to-late 80s and the early 90s. I kind of stopped listening to their output by the mid-90s and was saddened by Michael's death.

Their 90's stuff was hit or miss, but the "Welcome To Wherever You Are" album is a gem imo. The band experimented with electronic dance music on some tracks; the album was compared to U2's "Achtung Baby" but didn't get a lot of love on the radio.

ETA: "Not Enough Time" video

"Taste It"

Last edited:

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Loved this band! One of my favorite rock bands. There live performances were so good!

Strangely enough, Australia were very hot and cold with them at the height if their success, mainly because they appealed to people outside of Australia.

The biopic can be found on Amazon prime. Never Tear Us Apart. As a fan of the band, I found it more, or less accurate.

Thanks for the heads up. I watched Mystify, but wasn't sure if the biopic was available in the States.

As for their reception in their home country, this sounds a lot like Def Leppard (huge in the States and meh in their native UK).

Dr.Girlfriend

Devotee
Reaction score
Reactions
84,076 898 354
Alleybux
Did you go in the early 90s? I've seen footage of their tours and it seemed like a great time.

I did but didn't get into the good good stuff because my dad was picking me and my friend (we're both black) up from the damn concert. I tell you one thing the weed was freeflowing and the white boys had no problem sharing.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux

I admit that my (real-time) memories of their music was at their height of worldwide fame (ca. What You Need, the aforementioned New Sensation [my all-time favorite song of theirs], etc.), so I grew up thinking that this was when they'd started out. I didn't even know about songs like The One Thing and Original Sin until after Michael's death.

I wasn't big on Suicide Blonde from the early 90s, but I loved

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Baby,

Every time I hear “Sliiiiddee over here....” my body starts TINGLING. I was sooooo in lov

IDC IDC he and Simon LeBon can get it til INFINITY AND BEYOND.

While I was in the rabbit hole, it dawned on me that one of reasons why rock bands aren't enjoying mainstream success anymore is because their frontmen don't have a fraction of charisma that Michael had.

At the end of the day, INXS was most definitely a band with shared creative input, but they knew that Michael had IT. The man commanded the stage and the camera.

Dani86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,412 51 13
Alleybux
Thanks for the heads up. I watched Mystify, but wasn't sure if the biopic was available in the States.

As for their reception in their home country, this sounds a lot like Def Leppard (huge in the States and meh in their native UK).
Yeah, Australia was very weird with their male artist that were popular outside of the country. They loved pub rock dudes, like Jimmy Barnes, mainly because no one really knows who the hell he is.

They loved the women though, like Olivia and Kylie, even when they reached world wide popularity.

Australia loves to claim INXS now that their old.

Its so crazy that INXS had to fight so much to get Kick released.

The record company was so weird about it, like they didn't know how to market the sound.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
He was one of my first white boy crushes. I remember when INXS songs were played on R&B stations. Old school BET devoted a whole episode of "Video LP" to INXS back in the day. I own a copy of their video hits on VHS (showing my age here, lol).

AXS TV showed a documentary about Michael's life a few months ago. That head injury he suffered deeply affected his personality. So sad.

I remember when they used to play on KISS-FM (defunct NYC radio station) when I was a kid, so I'm not surprised to hear that they'd gotten BET play.

I don't remember them making a big deal about the fight that caused the head injury in the news (just that he'd gotten into a fight with a cabbie), so I chalked it up to regular rock star shenanigans. It sucks that that split second marked the beginning of the end.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I didn't grow up with their music nor can I say I am a "true blue" fan but "Need You Tonight" is my sh!t. I listened to it yesterday as I pulled up in the parking lot of the local GNC lol. Love that song and video! I didn't know who Michael Hutchence was until a few years ago. In fact, there was a font on here who had a pic of what I thought was a very sexy man with long-ish hair and they liked one of my posts. I messaged them about it and asked who the guy was and they told me. I then looked this guy up and read his tragic story while realizing he was a part of a group. Then I listened to "Need You Tonight" and was like "I know this song! I eventually watched the video for the first time. I need to discover more of their music. He was one attractive guy who exuded xes appeal. I just read the short thread about the documentary and didn't know he had a brain injury...whew. I am interested in watching the documentary to learn more. What little I know already makes me sad. I've read that he was an introvert (l am too) and I just googled his death again and there was a quote saying that he was actually killed. Very tragic either way.

Please tell me that you sang "I'm Lonelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy" in your car before you went inside.

His death remains debatable (that's the best term that I can use) since some think that he'd committed suicide after that call with Paula (his girlfriend and mother of his child) and Bob (said girlfriend's ex-husband), while others believe that it was erotic asphyxiation gone wrong with the couple that he'd brought home after that argument.

Be warned that if you do decide to discover their music that you'll fall down a rabbit hole. ;)

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
By most accounts INXS, and Michael were just cool guys. Got along with everyone (except Oasis who were just assholes as only white British dudes can be).

Kirk, one of the guitarists, was married to Demi Hines, whose a singer herself, but also daughter of Marcia Hines, the disco singer.

Michael and INXS were messy but I loved them.

The irony being that it took Oasis a shorter time to become the hasbeen that they'd called INXS/Michael.

Anyway, I was today years old when I learned that Kirk was married to Marcia Hines' daughter. Thanks.

Dani86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,412 51 13
Alleybux
While I was in the rabbit hole, it dawned on me that one of reasons why rock bands aren't enjoying mainstream success anymore is because their frontmen don't have a fraction of charisma that Michael had.

At the end of the day, INXS was most definitely a band with shared creative input, but they knew that Michael had IT. The man commanded the stage and the camera.

I don't know any current rock front man that connects to their band AND the audience.

Its just not happening anymore!

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Its so crazy that INXS had to fight so much to get Kick released.

The record company was so weird about it, like they didn't know how to market the sound.

I can only speak for the States, but I chalk it up to 'dance rock' not being as popular as hair metal like Bon Jovi and Motley Crue on MTV and radio at the time.

Yet, Kick's success is why some bands decided to veer in that direction.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
I did but didn't get into the good good stuff because my dad was picking me and my friend (we're both black) up from the damn concert. I tell you one thing the weed was freeflowing and the white boys had no problem sharing.

Your father knew to show up on time...lololololol.

I'm happy that you and your friend had a great time.

I don't know any current rock front man that connects to their band AND the audience.

Its just not happening anymore!

You've got that right.

TootieRamsey

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,573 525 12
Alleybux
I remember when they used to play on KISS-FM (defunct NYC radio station) when I was a kid, so I'm not surprised to hear that they'd gotten BET play.

I don't remember them making a big deal about the fight that caused the head injury in the news (just that he'd gotten into a fight with a cabbie), so I chalked it up to regular rock star shenanigans. It sucks that that split second marked the beginning of the end.

BET's Video LP was the ish. My introduction to music news as a kid. Music profiles of Black artists and occasionally white artists Black folks f*ck with. I wish the INXS episode was online, but here's the Sheena Easton one that follows the show's format:

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
Please tell me that you sang "I'm Lonelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy" in your car before you went inside.
Lol...no I didn't sing along that time lol. Some of my favorite lyrics are "I need you tonight" and "there's something about you [girl]...that makes me sweat."
His death remains debatable (that's the best term that I can use) since some think that he'd committed suicide after that call with Paula (his girlfriend and mother of his child) and Bob (said girlfriend's ex-husband), while others believe that it was erotic asphyxiation gone wrong with the couple that he'd brought home after that argument.
I just read this today when the thread popped up. I didn't know that before today. What I read years ago was a very condensed version of how he "officially" died. So he had an argument with his girlfriend right before he died? Just want to make sure I read that correctly.

There's still a lot that I don't know. The quote that I saw today via Google actually accused that Bob guy of killing him (I can't say it's from a reputable source just a quote I saw from a site).

Be warned that if you do decide to discover their music that you'll fall down a rabbit hole. ;)
I can already tell. I think I want to watch the documentaries first though to learn more about the band and specifically Michael. I understand that there are two, Mystify, and the one mentioned in this thread on Amazon Prime.

Last edited:

boat1580

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,014 1,921 1,004
Alleybux
I always liked INXS and their music and found myself going down the rabbit hole two years ago roughly, summer of 2019 and ended up finding mystify somewhere online and watched if rom beginning to end. It was so sad actually but really good.

I really think he just overdosed

Oh and I also did watch that special documentary on AXS last month also

Last edited:

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
BET's Video LP was the ish. My introduction to music news as a kid. Music profiles of Black artists and occasionally white artists Black folks f*ck with. I wish the INXS episode was online, but here's the Sheena Easton one that follows the show's format:

This rings a bell (I feel like I'd watched a George Michael or Jody Watley episode back then, but I can't pinpoint for sure).

I miss these (current) artist retrospective shows.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Lol...no I didn't sing along that time lol. My favorite lyric is the part about "there's something about you [girl]...that makes me sweat."

I just read this today when the thread popped up. I didn't know that before today. What I read years ago was a very condensed version of how he "officially" died. So he had an argument with his girlfriend right before he died? Just want to make sure I read that correctly.

There's still a lot that I don't know. The quote that I saw today via Google actually accused that Bob guy of killing him (I can't say it's from a reputable source just a quote I saw from a site).

I can already tell. I think I want to watch the documentaries first though to learn more about the band and specifically Michael. I understand that there are two, Mystify, and the one mentioned in this thread on Amazon Prime.

I couldn't resist...that's my favorite line in the song...lol

Depending on who you ask...Michael and Paula argued over the phone the day he died or the previous day because she'd threatened to either keep their child from him if he didn't marry her or kill herself and their child if he left her. This was after he'd gotten into it with Bob earlier that same day after Bob told him that he wasn't going to allow Paula to leave the UK (and the three daughters that she and Bob shared) with their daughter for Australia since neither of them were fit to be parents (due to their reckless lifestyle). Whatever went down sent Michael spiraling to his death (via intentional suicide or erotic asphyxiation...again, depending on who you ask).

FYI, Bob ended up with custody of Paula's daughter with Michael after she'd died a few years later and refused to allow Michael's family access to her. So, that, along with the above, may be why there's a belief that Bob killed him.

Also, Mystify (which was really good) is a documentary while Never Tear Us Apart (which I'll have to check out soon) is a biopic. Just wanted to clarify before you went to look them up on Amazon Prime. ;)

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux

Depending on who you ask...Michael and Paula argued over the phone the day he died or the previous day because she'd threatened to either keep their child from him if he didn't marry her or kill herself and their child if he left her. This was after he'd gotten into it with Bob earlier that same day after Bob told him that he wasn't going to allow Paula to leave the UK (and the three daughters that she and Bob shared) with their daughter for Australia since neither of them were fit to be parents (due to their reckless lifestyle). Whatever went down sent Michael spiraling to his death (via intentional suicide or erotic asphyxiation...again, depending on who you ask).

FYI, Bob ended up with custody of Paula's daughter with Michael after she'd died a few years later and refused to allow Michael's family access to her. So, that, along with the above, may be why there's a belief that Bob killed him.

Also, Mystify (which was really good) is a documentary while Never Tear Us Apart (which I'll have to check out soon) is a biopic. Just wanted to clarify before you went to look them up on Amazon Prime. ;)
Ah okay. Thanks for letting me know the differences between the two since for some reason I thought they were both documentaries. Also thanks for the background and possible reasons/causes leading up to his death. I got more from this post than I did from that Wiki that I read years ago online. I will probably watch Mystify soon since I found out that it is on Tubi for free...just need to fire up the Roku on a day I'm not busy and feel up to watching it.

Dani86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,412 51 13
Alleybux

One version of the story, the which the surviving band members seem to feel happened:

INXS were playing a gig back home in Australia, which the band manger at the time thought it was a bad idea, almost like a bad omen, and Michael wanted his daughter Tiger Lily and Paula to come be with him.

Paula claimed that she couldn't because she currently in court with Bob fighting through custody and divorce, and Bob would have gone to the courts to prevent Paula from leaving the UK. (For backstory sake, Paula has always been very emotionally manipulative with Michael, saying the Bob abused her, etc. She also used to call the paps on them when they 1st started messing around. If you remember, Michael was with Helena Christensen and had stated that he wanted to marry Helena. Paula had called the paps and the UK media and initially give them a tip about their affair).

There was no custody agreement in place but Paula refused to come to Australia eventhough Michael begged her over the phone, because she stated she needed Bob's "permission. "

Michael gets more depressed (he had been battling depression ever since getting sucker punched and sustaining a TBI).

He called Bob and pleaded to with Bob to let Paula come and travel, but Bob seemed unmoved.

The night before, Michael had dinner with his father and stepmother, and told his father that he thought he wanted to break up with Paula.

Previously, he had been telling friends and band members that he wanted to break up as well.

Michael then has some dinner with a couple the night he died, "some old friends." They Go back to his hotel room and they proceed to drink and take some recreational drugs. People in the neighboring room said they had a lot of noise and at 1 point Michael came out of his room it was walking up and down the cord doors of the hotel. Later on he makes calls to some of his band mates to hanging out because he was lonely. A lot of the guys claim that they sort of blew it off because at the time they were married, had other lives and they figured they would just see him tomorrow at rehearsal. Michael was known to make plans and then cancel them, and they just didn't want to deal with all that.

He then calls his ex-girlfriend, Michelle, Who lives in Australia but a little bit farther than the hotel. Michelle gets up in the middle of the night goes to visit Michael at his hotel room, knocks on the door and no one answers. She then proceeds to slide a letter under the door saying that she was there. She gets a little pissed off at him because he again he's known to do some of these things so she goes back home. The next day the maid finds Michael's body with drugs shrewn around and pictures of his daughter, his exs and old pics of the band. There also was a lot pornography laying around.

The band doesn't find out until rehearsal, because the media starts asking them to comment on his death.

The biopic on Amazon touches on some of this.

Along with auto- asphyxiation, he allegedly sustained a head injury from his head hitting the door knob when the belt he used broke.

Human Spell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,217 223 22
Alleybux

I feel grunge hurt or even killed off bands like INXS. INXS, to me, is what rock music should be, sexy, fun, danceable. All of sudden rock music was supposed to be serious and anti-rockstars like Cobain, Vedder and Yorke were raised up and Hutchence was thrown out.

But the man had the confidence and swagger that came from being adored by thousands night after night.

DEC2564F-8FF8-404E-A6A4-4EBA01E4AD44.jpeg

GalaxyQueens

"Woman is an Adult Human Female!" Cheverly's Ghost
Reaction score
Reactions
24,792 236 33
Alleybux
INXS is one of my all time favorite bands and he’s my forever Bae (one of them, lol). He truly was a one of a kind. One of the most beautiful men that ever lived in my opinion.

There was a mini series that came out about their story a few years ago where Luke Arnold, another Aussie babe, played him. It was pretty good.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Ah okay. Thanks for letting me know the differences between the two since for some reason I thought they were both documentaries. Also thanks for the background and possible reasons/causes leading up to his death. I got more from this post than I did from that Wiki that I read years ago online. I will probably watch Mystify soon since I found out that it is on Tubi for free...just need to fire up the Roku on a day I'm not busy and feel up to watching it.

You're welcome.

Let me know what you think of the doc once you get around to watching it.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,069 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
One version of the story, the which the surviving band members seem to feel happened:

INXS were playing a gig back home in Australia, which the band manger at the time thought it was a bad idea, almost like a bad omen, and Michael wanted his daughter Tiger Lily and Paula to come be with him.

Paula claimed that she couldn't because she currently in court with Bob fighting through custody and divorce, and Bob would have gone to the courts to prevent Paula from leaving the UK. (For backstory sake, Paula has always been very emotionally manipulative with Michael, saying the Bob abused her, etc. She also used to call the paps on them when they 1st started messing around. If you remember, Michael was with Helena Christensen and had stated that he wanted to marry Helena. Paula had called the paps and the UK media and initially give them a tip about their affair).

There was no custody agreement in place but Paula refused to come to Australia even though Michael begged her over the phone, because she stated she needed Bob's "permission. "

Michael gets more depressed (he had been battling depression ever since getting sucker punched and sustaining a TBI).

He called Bob and pleaded to with Bob to let Paula come and travel, but Bob seemed unmoved.

The night before, Michael had dinner with his father and stepmother, and told his father that he thought he wanted to break up with Paula.

Previously, he had been telling friends and band members that he wanted to break up as well.

Michael then has some dinner with a couple the night he died, "some old friends." They Go back to his hotel room and they proceed to drink and take some recreational drugs. People in the neighboring room said they had a lot of noise and at 1 point Michael came out of his room it was walking up and down the cord doors of the hotel. Later on he makes calls to some of his band mates to hanging out because he was lonely. A lot of the guys claim that they sort of blew it off because at the time they were married, had other lives and they figured they would just see him tomorrow at rehearsal. Michael was known to make plans and then cancel them, and they just didn't want to deal with all that.

He then calls his ex-girlfriend, Michelle, Who lives in Australia but a little bit farther than the hotel. Michelle gets up in the middle of the night goes to visit Michael at his hotel room, knocks on the door and no one answers. She then proceeds to slide a letter under the door saying that she was there. She gets a little pissed off at him because he again he's known to do some of these things so she goes back home. The next day the maid finds Michael's body with drugs shrewn around and pictures of his daughter, his exs and old pics of the band. There also was a lot pornography laying around.

The band doesn't find out until rehearsal, because the media starts asking them to comment on his death.

The biopic on Amazon touches on some of this.

Along with auto- asphyxiation, he allegedly sustained a head injury from his head hitting the door knob when the belt he used broke.

Thanks for correcting me. I was under the impression that there was a custody agreement that leaned in Bob's favor at the time of Michael's death since Bob had the friends in high places and was seen favorably in the public's eyes (as opposed to Paula and Michael, who the tabloids gave negative press to). I didn't know that Paula was yanking his chain about traveling to Australia. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised since Paula had the paps on speed-dial re: Helena and the subsequent women that he'd hooked up with while with her.

Reading everything that you've posted, I'll ask: do you think that all of the above would've gone down if he hadn't suffered that head injury and the fight between him and the cabbie resulted in minor injuries?

Would the band had had a chance at a comeback (no, I don't count whatever that JD Fortune reality show era was) or would they be on the oldies touring circuit?