Quantcast

Any good tips for someone who wants to stop using deodarant?

TaNaKae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
542 3
Alleybux
I'm trying to switch away from using deodorant because of the hyper-pigmentation and all the pimples/clogged skin I get. are there any good natural deodorants that help with sweating coz I sweat a lot too. Most of the ones I've tried don't do anything and just sit on my skin plus they're scent free so its no help. I think my skin just doesn't like it. Mostly I want tips to deal with sweating /smell without having to use deodorant. Currently I usually exfoliate and moisturise + natural anti-perspirant. any tips appreciated.

Mercredi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
365 14 3
Alleybux
There is this product called Nuud that´s like a deodorant but you apparently only need to use it a couple times a week.

The website : Nuud deodorant

I haven´t personally tried it, but I´ve seen a review on youtube where the girl was pretty happy with it. The ingredients are clean and it´s not very expensive.

tgm06

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,068 121 12
Alleybux
bathe 2x a day in the summer, eliminate onions/garlic/leeks/chives and other pungent foods from your diet, drink a gallon of water a day at least, keep underarms dry (pat off the excess moisture), stay shaven, and when you get tired of doing all that, switch to Mitchem Men's deodorant :)

Ilykeggs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,675 3,273 684
Alleybux
Shower twice a day.
Eat a very clean diet. Little meat, just fresh fruits and veggies and grains.
Keep your armpits shaved and exfoliate a few times a week.

Ambaby

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
739 38 2
Alleybux
Shower/scrub with antibacterial soap. I also mix in tea tre oil and lavendar oil in my moisturizer and I moisturize with it twice a day.

TaNaKae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
542 3
Alleybux
There is this product called Nuud that´s like a deodorant but you apparently only need to use it a couple times a week.

The website : Nuud deodorant

I haven´t personally tried it, but I´ve seen a review on youtube where the girl was pretty happy with it. The ingredients are clean and it´s not very expensive.
thank you!! I just bought it, I'll do a review when I try it.

TaNaKae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
542 3
Alleybux
bathe 2x a day in the summer, eliminate onions/garlic/leeks/chives and other pungent foods from your diet, drink a gallon of water a day at least, keep underarms dry (pat off the excess moisture), stay shaven, and when you get tired of doing all that, switch to Mitchem Men's deodorant :)
I need to give up onions and garlic :tired_face: .guess i'll just stay sweaty lol,but I am trying to diet now so that might help. I've tried the the regular Mitchem's one, is the men's one better than the others? Thanks for the tips!

TaNaKae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
542 3
Alleybux
Shower/scrub with antibacterial soap. I also mix in tea tre oil and lavendar oil in my moisturizer and I moisturize with it twice a day.
I actually have some teatree oil handy so I'll definetely try this. thanks!

Scorpion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,707 2,744 452
Alleybux
which one do you use? I definitely need it.
I have the following deodorant paste scents: vanilla, milk and honey (almondy smell) and - fresh powder scent. Check out the thread (I know it's long) for recommendations and descriptions of all the scents. They work a long time for body odor control. I stress/anxiety sweat while I work so I usually get 8-10 hours. Some of the other ladies report even longer body odor control.

The pastes are moisturizing and my armpit hyperpigmentation has lightened. They got dark af after my many attempts to use aluminum free deodorants with baking soda in them.

moonologie

Fly Me to the Moon
Reaction score
Reactions
15,243 1,128 65
Alleybux
Someone told me to only use a chemical exfoliant and I have never smelled so bad in my life. What works for me is applying a chemical exfoliant right after I show and then follow that up with a deodorant right after I get dressed. I have been trading off between Native Cotton&Lily for Sensitive Skin as well as Harry's Stone scented deodorant. Both free of baking soda because that can cause darkening under the armpits.

tgm06

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,068 121 12
Alleybux
I need to give up onions and garlic :tired_face: .guess i'll just stay sweaty lol,but I am trying to diet now so that might help. I've tried the the regular Mitchem's one, is the men's one better than the others? Thanks for the tips!
Yes! I’ve been using it for years. I use the stick, whatever scent in the green bottle. It mixes with my woman’s perfume (chloe l’eau) and I use a very lightly scented body wash. I have very sensitive skin but haven’t noticed any discoloration from this one. I use to use the Secret gel in my teens/early 20s....yuck! And baking soda burned me when I tried the natural route.
(You might be smelling a bit stronger if your dieting right now, fyi.)

TaNaKae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
542 3
Alleybux
I have the following deodorant paste scents: vanilla, milk and honey (almondy smell) and - fresh powder scent. Check out the thread (I know it's long) for recommendations and descriptions of all the scents. They work a long time for body odor control. I stress/anxiety sweat while I work so I usually get 8-10 hours. Some of the other ladies report even longer body odor control.

The pastes are moisturizing and my armpit hyperpigmentation has lightened. They got dark af after my many attempts to use aluminum free deodorants with baking soda in them.
is there a particular brand or does any brand work?

Scorpion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,707 2,744 452
Alleybux
is there a particular brand or does any brand work?
Did you go to the link I provided in my first post, babe? It's a thread we have on here on a black woman owned company that sells deodorant pastes, perfumes, soaps.
Here's her actual website: daukens arome co.

But visit the thread I linked also.

TaNaKae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
542 3
Alleybux
Did you go to the link I provided in my first post, babe? It's a thread we have on here on a black woman owned company that sells deodorant pastes, perfumes, soaps.
Here's her actual website: daukens arome co.

But visit the thread I linked also.
you know what, my bad you're right. I read the reply loads idk how I missed the link everytime:tired_face:, I see it now. Thank you for the rec, I just bought it can't wait to try it

Scorpion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,707 2,744 452
Alleybux
you know what, my bad you're right. I read the reply loads idk how I missed the link everytime:tired_face:, I see it now. Thank you for the rec, I just bought it can't wait to try it
Fingers crossed you're another happy customer! Report back with your experience in the other thread. :)

It took my underarms about a month to naturally detox after using Dove deodorant. You can help the process by using Indian healing clay with apple cider vinegar, but it's not necessary.

Breanna.

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,212 237 173
Alleybux
I've begun using The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution which is an AHA.

Basically, it changes the pH of your underarms to make them less hospitable to bacteria which leads to odor. Sweat itself is odorless but when it encounters bacteria, an odor is created.

I use a cotton round, the formula is watery.

I began by patch testing. I've been using it daily and it works. It's been warm where I am so I have been sweating. No smell. I don't have issues with deodorants not working. I find Old Spice for Men deodorants excellent. I just decided to stop them for a few months and try this.

The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid is a generous size and very economical. I expect it to last for a while.

Dupedairies

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,685 762 621
Alleybux

THRILLHO

Simpson, eh
Reaction score
Reactions
79,596 2,198 194
Alleybux
Wash your pits with antibacterial, I use Benzoil Peroxide. Let it sit there for a couple minutes (less than 5) before rinsing. I don't use deo if I'm not going anywhere but when I notice I have a fonky smelling day (eg. been busy around the house) I shower with BP and I notice improvement in my scent in the days going forward.

Good luck to you!

drunkghost

turn down for what
Reaction score
Reactions
943 48 32
Alleybux
Fat and the moon has sensitive pit cream w/o baking soda and original that contains baking soda another favorite of mine is andy organics. Fat and the moon also has a Acid Base to balance your pH levels, you can use that as well to minimize the order along with body powders they provide to reduce wetness.

Youwishyouknew

Plottin and thottin
Reaction score
Reactions
461 3 2
Alleybux
I'm trying to switch away from using deodorant because of the hyper-pigmentation and all the pimples/clogged skin I get. are there any good natural deodorants that help with sweating coz I sweat a lot too. Most of the ones I've tried don't do anything and just sit on my skin plus they're scent free so its no help. I think my skin just doesn't like it. Mostly I want tips to deal with sweating /smell without having to use deodorant. Currently I usually exfoliate and moisturise + natural anti-perspirant. any tips appreciated.
Buy some liquid chlorophyll to consume. It's a natural deodorizer.