Quantcast

Any GOSPEL tea? (Part IV)

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
Heard does not need to be presiding Bishop. That's going to be a hot mess. He can't preach; I've yet to hear this man preach something substantive, just bubble gum pop psychology. That may work for folks in Detroit who only go to his church to see Karen and Dorinda, but it won't work at the National level.

And he doesn't have the administrative skills. Cogic will be flat broke with him at the helm.

StarBrown

Fighting for Rights & Royalties
Reaction score
Reactions
24,406 468 102
Alleybux
COGIC elections are fixed anyway; considering who is allowed to vote and how the counting is handled. But I swear this year, everybody and their Mama are trying to be on the General Board. It will be interesting to see who will be the top vote getter... My money isn't on Sheard this election, but in 4 more--it'll be a Porter vs. Sheard cage match.

Healthy4Life

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
166,292 8,283 152
Alleybux
Can someone tell me .. and I think I read this here... why doesn't Bishop Blake like Mother Willie May Rivers? or is that true?

Messiah St West

Come judge for me
Reaction score
Reactions
64,038 1,886 1,103
Alleybux
I thought the Clark Sisters were trying to be a quintet again. Karen hinted at Denise possibly joining them again when they were honored at the Essence festival earlier this year.

Those women are 50 and 60+ years old. It's a shame they're still fighting for whatever reason. Wasn't their mother's final wish was for them to stick together? Damn shame.

And I found out something interesting when I was on YouTube. Larry's channel has a video from 1985/1986 of him and his brothers performing at one of Dr. Clark's appreciation services along with Denise. At that time she already had SEVEN children. You can hear Denise saying she has "7 boys in all" but only 5 are seen in the video. So she literally kept having OWW children at the time the Clark Sisters were one of the hottest gospel groups out. That's probably why she got kicked out the group. That's not a good look when your entire brand is being sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost.

So Karen's son has two children by two women? Isn't it crazy how church folks private lives be such a hot mess lmao. However, none of the Clark grandchildren are really in the public eye like that. Kierra is probably the most visible/known grandchild.

Rudyabdul

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,695 105 136
Alleybux
I thought the Clark Sisters were trying to be a quintet again. Karen hinted at Denise possibly joining them again when they were honored at the Essence festival earlier this year.

Those women are 50 and 60+ years old. It's a shame they're still fighting for whatever reason. Wasn't their mother's final wish was for them to stick together? Damn shame.

And I found out something interesting when I was on YouTube. Larry's channel has a video from 1985/1986 of him and his brothers performing at one of Dr. Clark's appreciation services along with Denise. At that time she already had SEVEN children. You can hear Denise saying she has "7 boys in all" but only 5 are seen in the video. So she literally kept having OWW children at the time the Clark Sisters were one of the hottest gospel groups out. That's probably why she got kicked out the group. That's not a good look when your entire brand is being sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost.

So Karen's son has two children by two women? Isn't it crazy how church folks private lives be such a hot mess lmao. However, none of the Clark grandchildren are really in the public eye like that. Kierra is probably the most visible/known grandchild.

She got put out the group because she became got pregnant out of wedlock.

Messiah St West

Come judge for me
Reaction score
Reactions
64,038 1,886 1,103
Alleybux
Yeah..7 times lmao.

Larry is in his 40s so she was popping out babies back when the Clark Sisters were just getting started and weren't that popular.

I wonder how she supported all of those children.

Rudyabdul

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,695 105 136
Alleybux

The sisters aren't fighting. Who said they're fighting?

Rudyabdul

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,695 105 136
Alleybux
COGIC elections are fixed anyway; considering who is allowed to vote and how the counting is handled. But I swear this year, everybody and their Mama are trying to be on the General Board. It will be interesting to see who will be the top vote getter... My money isn't on Sheard this election, but in 4 more--it'll be a Porter vs. Sheard cage match.

I agree about Porter and Sheard. Both of them are young, popular in COGIC and they rose pretty quickly in the ranks. I was surprised when I heard that Bishop Porter was on the General Board because he was just made Jurisdictional Bishop a year before.

Right now, Bishop Porter is more focused on staying on the General Board than becoming Presiding Bishop because he's COGIC's only connection to Memphis.

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
Yeah..7 times lmao.

Larry is in his 40s so she was popping out babies back when the Clark Sisters were just getting started and weren't that popular.

I wonder how she supported all of those children.

They weren't all born out of wedlock. Only like the first two. Now she has been married a few times

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
Okay so I bought Lashun Pace's memoir from Amazon. The book is over 10 years old; I've been meaning to read it for some years now. Here's my review with spoilers.

First of all the book is so poorly written that it was painful to read. I mean painful. There is no way it passed the hands of an editor. This may seem petty, but reading it was quite tedious.

The book really focusses on her failed relationships. There is very little about her early life prior to marriage. Her first husband is gay. She found out he was HIV positive 4 months into her marriage. She did not disclose her status. He was her and her sisters' manager. Apparently he slept with several men including her sister Duranice's husband. She got angry with Duranice when she broke the news to her. He even tried to molest a nephew.

She disclosed that the brother Murphy really ruled the roost and told them all what to do. The sisters reiterated this story on Iyanla if you all remember. She would ask her brother's permission to go places even while married. I cringed when I read this crap. This family is really weird and incredibly stunted if the dialogue in this book is to believed. The naivete is mindboggling. You can tell that they had absolutely no life outside of COGIC. She and the husband divorced while she was pregnant with their second child.

Moving on to Xenia, the first born who passed away. This little girl was incredibly obese. Lashun had this child cooking full meals for the family, and she had her do all of the grocery shopping while she would sit in the car. This is a shame. This child should not have been responsible for her own nutrition let alone a whole family.

She explained all of the bullying the child endured. If the stories are to be believed, I don't understand how the heck this child was made to stay at this school. A serious intervention was needed. Xenia was also exhibiting signs of illness. Of course they over spiritualized everything when they should have taken this child to a doctor. This is what I mean about being naïve and stunted. When your child is hacking all night like someone with emphysema and complaining about chest pains, you don't rebuke the devil. You send the child to the hospital.

When the child died, the Atlanta media descended on the family and reported the child's obesity as the cause of death. I think this is why Lashun is so defensive about the cause of death, often citing the story about Xenia dying of a broken heart. An autopsy revealed that Xenia's heart was enlarged twice the size of a normal heart.

Shun claimed the doctor told her depression must have been the cause because no one dies from an enlarged heart. Lashun is a doggone lie. Enlarged hearts can most certainly be fatal. I know doggone well no doctor said this to her. Not to mention the ex brought her back to court for custody of the other kid citing her family's obesity issues as cause for Xenia's death.

The guy she was dating and really in love with married someone a couple of weeks after Xenia's death. She was told the news by one of her sisters. This sent her into depression. I would say that at least half of the book revolves around this second guy. All of the guys that LAshun was involved with showed her absolutely no affection. She never had an orgasm with the first husband. She regularly slept with the second guy, although they never married. The only way she was pleasured by the second guy was with HANDS, not his, well....This shocked the hell out of me.

A female preacher asked her during lunch one day about her relationship with her father. Lashun revealed that her father was never affectionate and used to call them names. He never told them they were pretty or complimented them. She craved this all of her life. The preacher told her this was the root of all of her poor choices in men.

I'll stop here. I don't want to rewrite the book. Lashun had a rough life. That family definitely has a weird dynamic.

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
Cosign everything you said SIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I got that book to got it years ago when it 1st came out.
It made me so angry!!! about her daughter....and Shaun
needs to take a cold shower some of the stories she told
about the guy's she dated she comes across desperate and
have to have man. Mens can smell that and will take advantage.
And far as her 1st husband Rhodes.He look like a little Butterball turkey
himself...He was over weight..not to the degree of Shun and some of the
Pace Sisters..but he was fat so I don't know how he can talk.(Blank_Starring)!!!!

Concerning Shun Dad. I was surprise when she put that in the book
how he called them names and never was affectionate...Shun been
coming to my church long b/4 she became a star...My pastor known
the family b/4 the kids were born...and Shun would come (still do)
and she would just brag on her father especially how if he just said he
wanted a glass of water she would be the first one to jump up and get
it...B/c her father was so devoted to the family, especially after he found god .
Blah!!! Blah!! So you can imagine I was stunn!!! reading her book and the negative
about what she had to say about him...He was a ((Grump))!!!! Have yaw'll seen him?
https://youtu.be/CM-w57v_Ojs..He ani't the prettiest thang.:15: He kind of look like
the late Rev James Cleveland to me:apthy:

Quote:The only way she was pleasured by the second guy was with HANDS, not well....This shocked the hell out of me.

Me 2 I was embarrassed for her. I think she told to much
of her personal business..I don't want to hear about her
xes life down to how they did it. As a Gospel Singer my self
i was stunn at her...(No Class). There was a video on youtube I posted
in Gospel Tea lll I think it was she talked about how stuff came out
of her vagina like crusted cornmeal and how she had to take shots
b/c of Hiv...She has no filter on her mouth...The Shots ok..But
who want to hear what it looks like..people was blasting her on youtube.
Chille Weird?? You ani't never lied.

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
https://youtu.be/6sFznYP5BFs
Bishop Talbert Swan saying he' and
other's are encouraging Bishop Charles Blake
to run for another term as Presiding Bishop
:silence 512x512:
Bishop Swan he says has done such a good job Blah!!
Blah!!! Blah!!!
:sad 512x512:

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
Pace Sisters..but he was fat so I don't know how he can talk.(Blank_Starring)!!!!

it...B/c her father was so devoted to the family, especially after he found god .
Blah!!! Blah!! So you can imagine I was stunn!!! reading her book and the negative
about what she had to say about him...He was a ((Grump))!!!! Have yaw'll seen him?
https://youtu.be/CM-w57v_Ojs..He ani't the prettiest thang.:15: He kind of look like

Quote:The only way she was pleasured by the second guy was with HANDS, not well....This shocked the hell out of me.

You are right about the men taking advantage of her. They knew she was green. I found it interesting that they were both her mangers.

What I also gathered from the book is that Shun's career was never really lucrative, unless she was being cheated big time. During her prime, they were living with her parents and she didn't even own a vehicle!!!! The whole thing was so sad. I'm like how much can a person take?

Rudyabdul

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,695 105 136
Alleybux

It was okay for Lashaun to write the memoir because it was catharsis for her but what was NOT okay is publishing that crap. How it supposed to work is the person writes the book, then burn it as a way to release and cleanse the past, not make a profit.

BTW, is she still living?

Nevermind, she's still living. She looks like she has lost a lot of weight and she still sounds good. I'm going to get her new CD.

AVAF

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,119 31 9
Alleybux
From what was posted and what I recall from IV's show the father sounds like a possible narcissist. From this video, he is big but I don't think he is ugly. In fact I bet he was handsome back in the day when pounds lighter. He probably missed the women swooning over him in his quartet days. From the excessive admiration from the girls, verbal abuse and detachment, it seems to me he was ashamed of them on one hand but on the other trained them to feed his ego. I believe the detachment opened the door for big brother -and other men in their lives- to control and abuse them (and dad not care enough to notice or protect them). jmo

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
From what was posted and what I recall from IV's show the father sounds like a possible narcissist. From this video, he is big but I don't think he is ugly. In fact I bet he was handsome back in the day when pounds lighter. He probably missed the women swooning over him in his quartet days. From the excessive admiration from the girls, verbal abuse and detachment, it seems to me he was ashamed of them on one hand but on the other trained them to feed his ego. I believe the detachment opened the door for big brother -and other men in their lives- to control and abuse them (and dad not care enough to notice or protect them). jmo

While reading the book, I kept wondering, "where was dad Pace? Why didn't he stand up for his daughter?" After her divorce she moved back in with her parents. Shun's ex husband took Xenia to southern Georgia and kept her for months refusing to give her back. Shun didn't have a car and her dad WOULD NOT let her borrow his car to get the child!!!!!! Then when he finally let her use the car, she went to kidnap her own child with 2 of her sisters. I was BLOWN AWAY!!!

First of all, my dad, my brothers, and my uncles would have gone to get my child from this punk. They wouldn't have me and other women to go alone.

This family is strange. Furthermore, I believe Momma Pace was responsible for feeding her husband and son's egos and forcing her daughters to do the same.

TheUneditedMind

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
138 12 13
Alleybux
Heard does not need to be presiding Bishop. That's going to be a hot mess. He can't preach; I've yet to hear this man preach something substantive, just bubble gum pop psychology. That may work for folks in Detroit who only go to his church to see Karen and Dorinda, but it won't work at the National level.

And he doesn't have the administrative skills. Cogic will be flat broke with him at the helm.

I've heard him preach a few times and I agree.
He is only where he is because of his daddy. He doesn't have anything going for him other than his daddy, Karen, The Clark Sisters and his church full of his wife's and her sister's fans.
Other than that?!
Not much else.

TheUneditedMind

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
138 12 13
Alleybux
Can someone tell me .. and I think I read this here... why doesn't Bishop Blake like Mother Willie May Rivers? or is that true?

It's not that he doesn't like her but Blake likes to use his own people. He wants Mother Lewis from CA to have the position.

Zabia

First Lady
Reaction score
Reactions
43,446 2,873 1,347
Alleybux
I have two questions.

What's the distinct and clear difference between Baptist and COGIC?

And why haven't the Pace Sisters received as much recognition in the gospel community as the Clark Sisters?

StarBrown

Reaction score
Reactions
24,406 468 102
Alleybux
In COGIC you got to pay, play and lay in order to get in the ranks.

Actually, even that will only get you so far. Most of the folks with any real power are in place because of nepotism. Being a descendant/relative of Bishop CH Mason or some of the early Bishops and regional leaders goes way further than anything else.

StarBrown

Reaction score
Reactions
24,406 468 102
Alleybux
It made me so angry!!! about her daughter....

I know I'm late but...

LaShun and Duranice like to tell a lot of their business. They have been talking about all of this for over 20 years--to anyone who will listen. But, the one thing they wouldn't talk about was their brother out there in that tent on Saturdays...the sisters thought he was reprobate for that, but they couldn't really say it.

Duranice was the one who was talking, while preaching, about some of the things that that she had experienced--Syphilis, HIV, etc.--during her marriage. And somehow, the YouTube clip of that ended up on WorldStar... And I saw Duranice not too long ago and she looks really sick. LaShun isn't doing to good either. They have been through alot; but sometimes you have to use wisdom when you share your testimony. Not everything is edifying...

misspeanut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,042 1,756 412
Alleybux
I know I'm late but...

LaShun and Duranice like to tell a lot of their business. They have been talking about all of this for over 20 years--to anyone who will listen. But, the one thing they wouldn't talk about was their brother out there in that tent on Saturdays...the sisters thought he was reprobate for that, but they couldn't really say it.

Duranice was the one who was talking, while preaching, about some of the things that that she had experienced--Syphilis, HIV, etc.--during her marriage. And somehow, the YouTube clip of that ended up on WorldStar... And I saw Duranice not too long ago and she looks really sick. LaShun isn't doing to good either. They have been through alot; but sometimes you have to use wisdom when you share your testimony. Not everything is edifying...

Can you elaborate more about the brother? I'm lost, lmao

StarBrown

Reaction score
Reactions
24,406 468 102
Alleybux
Can you elaborate more about the brother? I'm lost, lmao

Their brother began teaching and practicing worship on the actual Sabbath (Saturday) and held his services in a purple tent. Because of his new stance, he stopped affiliating with churches and ministries that didn't observe the Saturday Sabbath. Then he refused to move his congregation into a permanent structure, even though they had a church building at a time past.

Murphy even wrote a book about observing the sabbath. It may still be on Amazon.

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
Andrae it doesn't seem like two years, it seems more like two days. Much more to do for the Kingdom so I chose to live and continue the work, but I still have many tears. Sandra Crouch.
​:bawling:
15941256_10210061436025071_8461066641717939483_n.jpg

sugarzee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
131,909 2,552 244
Alleybux
The stories about the the Pace Family were on all the church circuits..What shock me was the late brother's dominance in the family. He was married to a Liza Andrews(they divorced). What is the story on them?
I know she remarried, and with hubby have a church..
Bless the baby Xenia soul, that it wasn't an intervention medically and emotionally to help with her weight. Her death stayed on the news for a week.

Millie Helper

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,503 795 85
Alleybux
Andrae it doesn't seem like two years, it seems more like two days. Much more to do for the Kingdom so I chose to live and continue the work, but I still have many tears. Sandra Crouch.
​:bawling:
15941256_10210061436025071_8461066641717939483_n.jpg

Wow two years already? geesh. Seems like I was just sitting here watching the service where Fred had an attitude like it was a personal concert, Erica tried to perform like a Diva, while Smokie showed everybody how to do praise worship and Marvin got jipped out of a bs sermon because folk were tired of being there for hours and walking out, LOL.

The Evil Queen

Lsa 10 year vet
Reaction score
Reactions
11,587 12 4
Alleybux
I've been gone a while, but I'm glad to see this Gospel tea still going. Don't let it stop now.

Hey Mrs. @walterhawkins

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,911 776 251
Alleybux
Soooooooo, I was in Waffle House in Raleigh last week for work, and guess who walks in with an all-female entourage??? Shirley Ceasar... Not that I was going to bumrush her, but her and her crew sat in a booth in the corner, and it looked like they were regulars. Must have been after bible study or something. Well, her armour bearers all looked like retired WNBA players - they had shoulders for miles.

I had heard, but I needed to see it for myself. The wait staff that brought our food said they come in there every Wednesday.

elgenia carter

my boyfrands bussy
Reaction score
Reactions
24,787 1,188 434
Alleybux
Soooooooo, I was in Waffle House in Raleigh last week for work, and guess who walks in with an all-female entourage??? Shirley Ceasar... Not that I was going to bumrush her, but her and her crew sat in a booth in the corner, and it looked like they were regulars. Must have been after bible study or something. Well, her armour bearers all looked like retired WNBA players - they had shoulders for miles.

I had heard, but I needed to see it for myself. The wait staff that brought our food said they come in there every Wednesday.

I'm sure you heard the rumors about her.

PositiveVibes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,457 1,525 120
Alleybux
Rev. Steve Arrington - Dancing In The Key Of Life
[video=youtube;SWhLRwYf_IA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWhLRwYf_IA[/video]

What is the tea on him besides being a former member of the funk group Slave?

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom