Any Tea On The Late Gospel Singer James Cleveland

WhoToldUDat

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
16,783 10 15
Alleybux
I'm listening to some old timey gospel music this Easter Sunday. Looking through Youtube I saw some old timey artists.

Any tea on the late James Cleveland?
I see where he died at a relatively young 59 years old.

hqdefault.jpg

@sundaybest
@CleoJo69
@Walter Hawkins

Last edited:

ReveDreamGrid

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,850 1,655 459
Alleybux
Yep...it's a good ass thread on here. That's why I always looked sideways at Shirley Ceaser who can say stuff about gays but got no mouth for James who was raping boys and giving out diseases!

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,680 1,541 264
Alleybux
You need to find the gospel thread or better yet the biography of any gospel singer within the last 50 years. There is plenty of information on him...PLENTYe6

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,758 11,968 10,196
Alleybux
Since you asked me personally.

My mama was our choir director. She mainly taught COGIC songs. But she is still teased to this day about teaching us every song that baptist James Cleveland every wrote.

He was very gifted but died from AIDS. This was during the time when we called a spade a spade. Today, when someone dies from AIDS, it is what the disease caused. Such as cancer.

I know he had a daughter but I don't know if it was an adopted daughter or if he penis actually got hard for another woman's vagina type hard.

Christopher Kyles

Mr. BlackBerry
Reaction score
Reactions
259 4
Alleybux
James Cleveland was a POS pedophile who screwed over many people in his lifetime. It suprises me how many undercover gay men we have in the church i.e Nathan Simmons,James Cleveland,O'Landa Draper, Byron Cage,Paul Jones,just to name a few.

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
I'm listening to some old timey gospel music this Easter Sunday. Looking through Youtube I saw some old timey artists.

Any tea on the late James Cleveland?
I see where he died at a relatively young 59 years old.

hqdefault.jpg

@sundaybest
@CleoJo69
@Walter Hawkins

SweetBaby!!! go on over to all the link's these fonts posted
in this thread. Especially Any Gospel Tea & Fill Me In
on Rev James Cleveland. We done had the Funeral
The Eulogy has already been preached and he's been
Laid to Rest. Just go on over their and review the remains.
:laugh2

A lot of the fonts in here was there and was a part
of his service. I'll admit I snapped and went off on him.

(((SO FORGIVE ME IF I OFFEND YOU OVER THAT)))

I use to go to his church back in the day..for concerts
and he was dear friends with The Hawkins Family and
he was always coming to their church Love Center. That's
how I really got to know him...and the late Billy Preston.
Go on over their you wont be sorry. I Promise.W.H:love

Last edited:

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux

My mama was our choir director. She mainly taught COGIC songs. But she is still teased to this day about teaching us every song that baptist James Cleveland every wrote.

He was very gifted but died from AIDS. This was during the time when we called a spade a spade. Today, when someone dies from AIDS, it is what the disease caused. Such as cancer.

I know he had a daughter but I don't know if it was an adopted daughter or if he penis actually got hard for another woman's vagina type hard.

@ SundayBest
No Sis La-shone was his birth daughter..I know her well.
Can you imagine a female James Cleveland
031013-shows-cog-rev-james-cleveland-3.jpg
. She look
just like him even talk with a lisps like him. You know how
folks talk like they tongue tied. But she is as sweet as can be.
I feel sorry for her she was an only child..Both of her parents
are dead. Here's Shaun>>>James Birth daughter
Shone_d200.jpg

Shaun Mother name was Jean..and believe it or not
word is that James had another wife b/4 he married Jean.
So his community peen was working.He had.Shaun and
had those 2 wives...Then he went left 2 little boys ewwwwww
I got some picture of his late wife...but I have to dig them up.
Its in my old school..lot of stuff..but yes this is blood daughter.

La Shone is a singer just like her Dad. She was an original
member of the Kurt Carr Singer when they first started
out . She even sang with them at James Cleveland Funeral(I was there) she the one got Kurt an addition with her Dad to
help Kurt start a new Group and the rest was history.

She soon left the group.To this day I don't why.???
And never felt lead to pry and ask her.!!..If she wanted
me to know she would of told me,.W.H

Last edited:

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
@Christopher Kyles & Sunday Best..I see your
Pms I'm going to PM you both soon bear with me.
I'm on over load...I wanted to do it Sunday the Clark's
thread had me posting a long time in there and still ani't
through.I'll get to you both in a couple days if not this evening.
Got to go get some sleep now. Have A Blessed & Safe Day Everybody! W.H:love

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,758 11,968 10,196
Alleybux
@ SundayBest
No Sis La-shone was his birth daughter..I know her well.
Can you imagine a female James Cleveland
031013-shows-cog-rev-james-cleveland-3.jpg
. She look
just like him even talk with a lisps like him. You know how
folks talk like they tongue tied. But she is as sweet as can be.
I feel sorry for her she was an only child..Both of her parents
are dead. Here's Shaun>>>James Birth daughter
Shone_d200.jpg

Shaun Mother name was Jean..and believe it or not
word is that James had another wife b/4 he married Jean.
So his community peen was working.He had.Shaun and
had those 2 wives...Then he went left 2 little boys ewwwwww
I got some picture of his late wife...but I have to dig them up.
Its in my old school..lot of stuff..but yes this is blood daughter.

La Shone is a singer just like her Dad. She was an original
member of the Kurt Carr Singer when they first started
out . She even sang with them at James Cleveland Funeral(I was there) she the one got Kurt an addition with her Dad to
help Kurt start a new Group and the rest was history.

She soon left the group.To this day I don't why.???
And never felt lead to pry and ask her.!!..If she wanted
me to know she would of told me,.W.H
Thanks Sis! His daughter is pretty.
I saw a picture of her and Cleveland years ago. It looked like she was helping him light a cigarette.
I just thought, “only in a Baptist Church.” And I let it go.

uncgirl

xO love yourself xO
Reaction score
Reactions
79,257 2,096 668
Alleybux
James Cleveland was a POS pedophile who screwed over many people in his lifetime. It suprises me how many undercover gay men we have in the church i.e Nathan Simmons,James Cleveland,O'Landa Draper, Byron Cage,Paul Jones,just to name a few.

Wow. Never heard this.

As he used to say, "I know you're saved, but are you really SAVED?"

Christopher Kyles

Mr. BlackBerry
Reaction score
Reactions
259 4
Alleybux
Wow. Never heard this.

As he used to say, "I know you're saved, but are you really SAVED?"[/Q

Hypocrisy at it's finest. Rumor has it that he used to frequent gay bars,clubs, seedy hangout spots,and pδrn shops in Atlanta.And his church was full of Queens. I feel sorry for his widow and daughters who have to live with the fact that their father/husband was living a double life and it contributed to his death. Sure hope he repented before leaving. Bishop Patterson who was dying of prostate cancer at the time tried to cover it up and call it "cancer" but it wasn't fooling anyboby.Its been said that he was really embarrassed by it and it grieved his heart.

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,214 1,616 3,904
Alleybux

The bolded made me laugh. I had an older female neighbor whose gay brother moved in to live with her. Out of the blue one day, she decided to tell me that although her brother has never been married, he's not gay. If she wasn't older, I would have scolded her for telling a lie when she didn't have to. I never asked her about the brother, so she was wasting that lie. I could have seen him in bed with an erection on top of a woman, and I'd still have no doubt that he was a bottom. LOL

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux
Yep...it's a good ass thread on here. That's why I always looked sideways at Shirley Ceaser who can say stuff about gays but got no mouth for James who was raping boys and giving out diseases!

She ain't even got mouth for those armor bearers that hang around her.

One of my musician friends lives in NC and he said that Shirley Ceasar and her armour bearers frequent a Waffle House every Wednesday after Bible Study and they look like Green Bay Packers.

Everything in her milk ain't clean either.

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux

It's his biological daughter. She's on Instagram and she looks JUST like him.

He had an "adopted" son that tried to sue the estate after he died but we know the deal.

My uncle traveled with him and James Cleveland was "elite" before "elite" was even a thing. He had Luther Vandross beat in the diva department.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,758 11,968 10,196
Alleybux
It's his biological daughter. She's on Instagram and she looks JUST like him.

He had an "adopted" son that tried to sue the estate after he died but we know the deal.

My uncle traveled with him and James Cleveland was "elite" before "elite" was even a thing. He had Luther Vandross beat in the diva department.
Thanks Sis! I am sure I would love to hear some of your uncle’s stories.
I still like Cleveland’s music. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite since his personal life was so messy.
Hope you have a blessed prayer answering new year!

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux
Thanks Sis! I am sure I would love to hear some of your uncle’s stories.
I still like Cleveland’s music. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite since his personal life was so messy.
Hope you have a blessed prayer answering new year!

I hope your new year is as prosperous and fulfilling as your heart desires!! I speak all answered prayers into your life. Now back to the tea.....

Well, if you weren't "hot," James Cleveland wasn't fooling with you. He always had a say on who would come up to perform in front of him and he had a thing about being last on any show.

He didn't like to do radio press because if felt he was begging people to come to see him, when it should be the other way around. The Caravan's are the ones that gave him a break, and he ended up bigger than them. They were doing a big show in Chicago - and all of the groups were supposed to show up at the radio station to promote - James Cleveland felt that he was too big of a star to do promo and he didn't show up.

He had a group of gay men with big perms and fur coats called, The Scooby Doos," back in the mid 80's and they all sang falsetto. Our dumb asses went to see them, and they were singing, "Only A Look" and some dude screamed - SING GIRL. To this day, we questioned if the guy said, Sing Girl or Sing Gerald.

Oh yea - if he felt your group was doing better than them, he would find a way to sabotage - like mess with the lights, or cut the mics off. He was savage.

Although he was a diva, he was very professional and if he noticed you had "it" he really groomed you. The people that came up behind him are mega and super and turned out to be excellent writers. These were all trained by James Cleveland- Kurt Carr, Quincy Fielding, Charles Fold, Milton Biggham.

mee9mee9

a crinkle on earth
Reaction score
Reactions
109,950 6,123 2,206
Alleybux
She ain't even got mouth for those armor bearers that hang around her.

One of my musician friends lives in NC and he said that Shirley Ceasar and her armour bearers frequent a Waffle House every Wednesday after Bible Study and they look like Green Bay Packers.

Everything in her milk ain't clean either.
armor bearers? whats that?

mscarsonca

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,511 474 109
Alleybux
I remember when James Cleveland wore dresses and long wigs. They called them caftans but it was a dress. He attended this metaphysical church here in LA and the service started at 11 pm and lasted until 3 am. Anybody who was somebody went to those services.

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux
I remember when James Cleveland wore dresses and long wigs. They called them caftans but it was a dress. He attended this metaphysical church here in LA and the service started at 11 pm and lasted until 3 am. Anybody who was somebody went to those services.

What kind of midnight musical mess was that? Service starting at 11pm? Chile...... Aint no way they could get away with that now.

sherrod

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,862 575 4
Alleybux
What kind of midnight musical mess was that? Service starting at 11pm? Chile...... Aint no way they could get away with that now.

First church of Deliverance Chicago was famous for Sunday night broadcast services at 11pm

I think First church of deliverance and also Dr Charles Hayes (Cosmopolitan) in Chicago were both “Spiritualist” churches where they had weird ceremonies and conjured up the dead.

James was originally from the Fire baptized churches in Chicago where he was originally was from.They did weird stuff too.

This isn’t a shock.

He was advised to go more mainstream (Baptist) because it would be better for his career.

sherrod

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,862 575 4
Alleybux
Yes Nathan Simmons was one of the girls. Had a church full of homosexuals including William McCray. Everyone knows how Nathan died.

What is so funny is he use preach sooo hard on being gay and not living right and McCray and all the Queens would all be up shouting and saying Amen and acting so holy.

Woke247

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,052 445 50
Alleybux
I remember those services our choir director took us to a few now it was different in the late 2000’s however it was always a who who’s would show up also tons of gay men

Woke247

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,052 445 50
Alleybux
Yes Nathan Simmons was one of the girls. Had a church full of homosexuals including William McCray. Everyone knows how Nathan died.

What is so funny is he use preach sooo hard on being gay and not living right and McCray and all the Queens would all be up shouting and saying Amen and acting so holy.
McCray came up underneath Simmons wow ! My dad told me about the rumblings of Simmons after he preached at our church in Los Angeles said the rumors were loud this was like 1986-88

sherrod

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,862 575 4
Alleybux
McCray was born & raised in Oakland and grew up at East Oakland Faith Deliverance church, and from what I remember, his mom lived in the church apartments (he acts like he came from wealth).
I laugh when I hear him call people who are not COGIC “Off Brand”, when the church he grew up in was not COGIC. They are similar. It was Pentecostal, but not Cogic.
Then he dogs the Baptist out. Well, his dad pastors a big Baptist church up in the north Bay Area probably 30min north of Oakland in Vallejo. I believe the church is called Tabernacle of David Baptist church if my memory serves me correctly
And every Mother’s Day he only wishes all the married mothers who had legit babies a happy Mother’s Day, not all those mothers who had Bastards. I mean, the nerve of this evil creature!
Because from my recollection being from the Bay Area, he allegedly was born out of wedlock himself.

He went to Atlanta probably 25 yrs ago.
The word on the street here is that he was receiving too many death threats. They gave him an ultimatum to leave or be shot.
Oh, and he claims he’s only in his mid 30s and that he’s a millennial when actually he is approaching 50 and looks 60+.

I didn’t mean to go off topic, but McCray gets on my last available nerve talking about how fabulous he is when he actually lives a lie.

Ok, back to James Cleveland... lol

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux
McCray looks absolutely ridiculous, and when he takes a selfie, we see every bump, lump and crater.

James Cleveland - I watched the funeral years ago, and it's something I never want to see again. It was a sh!t-show. I am tripping at how Bobby Jones talked about James Cleveland like a dog, and had the nerve to be up at the pulpit offering words.

**Please don't post any open casket pics of him** I couldn't get that image out of my head for weeks.

Woke247

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,052 445 50
Alleybux
McCray was born & raised in Oakland and grew up at East Oakland Faith Deliverance church, and from what I remember, his mom lived in the church apartments (he acts like he came from wealth).
I laugh when I hear him call people who are not COGIC “Off Brand”, when the church he grew up in was not COGIC. They are similar. It was Pentecostal, but not Cogic.
Then he dogs the Baptist out. Well, his dad pastors a big Baptist church up in the north Bay Area probably 30min north of Oakland in Vallejo. I believe the church is called Tabernacle of David Baptist church if my memory serves me correctly
And every Mother’s Day he only wishes all the married mothers who had legit babies a happy Mother’s Day, not all those mothers who had Bastards. I mean, the nerve of this evil creature!
Because from my recollection being from the Bay Area, he allegedly was born out of wedlock himself.

He went to Atlanta probably 25 yrs ago.
The word on the street here is that he was receiving too many death threats. They gave him an ultimatum to leave or be shot.
Oh, and he claims he’s only in his mid 30s and that he’s a millennial when actually he is approaching 50 and looks 60+.

I didn’t mean to go off topic, but McCray gets on my last available nerve talking about how fabulous he is when he actually lives a lie.

Ok, back to James Cleveland... lol
Now he know he ain’t 30 like you said that ***** look 60 I put him at 60 he act like a old church queen

Woke247

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,052 445 50
Alleybux
McCray looks absolutely ridiculous, and when he takes a selfie, we see every bump, lump and crater.

James Cleveland - I watched the funeral years ago, and it's something I never want to see again. It was a sh!t-show. I am tripping at how Bobby Jones talked about James Cleveland like a dog, and had the nerve to be up at the pulpit offering words.

**Please don't post any open casket pics of him** I couldn't get that image out of my head for weeks.
Bobby Jones always gave me down low vibes I was sooo shocked to see he had a wife

chaos217

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
381 15
Alleybux

I remember awhile ago my mother told me when she resided in Charlotte about a male co-worker that used to tell her that he hated when James Cleveland came to town because he would take all the" mens".......emphasis on "mens" because that 's how she said he would pronounce it......LMAO...ROFTL

P31Woman

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,866 274 219
Alleybux
this pastor in Fort Worth Texas named Pastor G Craige Lewis exposed him years ago for being gay and raping young boys. The GWMA conferences was filled with homosexuals.

sherrod

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,862 575 4
Alleybux
Bobby Jones always gave me down low vibes I was sooo shocked to see he had a wife

ummm.. you sure he’s married? 100% sure? Because I heard he’s never been married. In fact, I’ve seen him with his alleged partner. They both had on their shades LOL