Quantcast

Any tips to have healthy growing hair?

SugarBeeHair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,644 28 11
Alleybux
Yes that’s definitely a key step. Sulfate shampoos strip too much oils and dry the hair out.
Sulfates aren’t that bad. I use a sulfate shampoo every once in a while to completely strip my hair. Then I deep condition right after to put moisture back in it. The Natural Hair community is too dramatic. Sulfates won’t kill your hair, you’ll be fine. Lol!
I’m still new to the natural world- but does it HAVE to be sulfate free?
It doesn’t have to be sulfate free. I have some friends who have to use sulfates or their hair won’t feel clean.

Bella Noches

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,563 811 504
Alleybux
Sulfates aren’t that bad. I use a sulfate shampoo every once in a while to completely strip my hair. Then I deep condition right after to put moisture back in it. The Natural Hair community is too dramatic. Sulfates won’t kill your hair, you’ll be fine. Lol!

It doesn’t have to be sulfate free. I have some friends who have to use sulfates or their hair won’t feel clean.

If course it won’t kill your hair but it WILL dry it out, which leads to breakage! OP wants to GROW her hair. My advice was to keeep it moisturized and leave sulfate products alone (y)

SugarBeeHair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,644 28 11
Alleybux
If course it won’t kill your hair but it WILL dry it out, which leads to breakage! OP wants to GROW her hair. My advice was to keeep it moisturized and leave sulfate products alone (y)
My hair was armpit length until I cut it and I used sulfates, still do. The point of shampooing is to clarify and if the sulfates dry out her hair, deep conditioning was made for a reason! To put back the moisture that shampooing took out.

SugarBeeHair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,644 28 11
Alleybux
Plus your hair won’t be dry if you just deep condition and moisture after. Sulfates aren’t that bad.

Dead Yella Rose

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
111,153 1,585 461
Alleybux
Sports research bioton
msm flakes taken with vitamin c

ton of water
green smoothies
collagen supplements
good organic multivitamin
oiling/deep condition etc

My hair grows very fast by doing this, I'm actually shook at how long my hair is right now. I just want it to be thicker.

Thanks for this!! Question on these 2:

1) Why sports research?
2) Has MSM affected you in any way? Any particular brand?

Last edited:

Lovingme1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,061 557 321
Alleybux

Sulfates aren't meant to be used for washes multiple times a week or even weekly but they can be used biweekly or monthly to clarify the hair after heavy oil, product or grease use. If hair is not clarified every so often, products will clog your hair follicles preventing moisture from efficiently getting into the hair.

rocktober

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,912 161 23
Alleybux
What are ya'll using to keep your hair moisturized? I'm on Amazon now waiting to fill my cart.

NaptrulyMe

"I'M PLACING PETTY FONTS ON IGNORE"
Reaction score
Reactions
6,674 108 114
Alleybux
Sulfates in shampoos aren't bad for those naturals who isn't sensitive to it. Some naturals can also use it once or twice a month. Yet, sulfate shampoos isn't for me. It is too scripting for my hair and scalp as well as burns.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Just say you don’t know how to do hair! That maids part was a humble brag. Find da stylist or watch videos on YouTube.
Your hair is growing, you’re not retaining length. Retaining length is key. Make sure your eating well drinking water and taking vitamins.

Didimimi

President of the LSA History Art and Culture Club
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
Just say you don’t know how to do hair! That maids part was a humble brag. Find da stylist or watch videos on YouTube.
Your hair is growing, you’re not retaining length. Retaining length is key. Make sure your eating well drinking water and taking vitamins.
Girl what... no that was not a humble brag but the truth. Most people in my country (Ivory Coast) have maids. It’s not expensive nor is it a big deal there... My post was obviously implying that I do not know how to care care of my hair myself hence why I asked for help.
No one was forcing you to answer... what is wrong with some of you...

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Girl what... no that was not a humble brag but the truth. Most people in my country (Ivory Coast) have maids. It’s not expensive nor is it a big deal there... My post was obviously implying that I do not know how to care care of my hair myself hence why I asked for help.
No one was forcing you to answer... what is wrong with some of you...
Not to derail. But you used having maids as an excuse. As if you couldn’t ask one of the maids to teach you how to do your hair. Every one isn’t from Ivory Coast. This site is global. Maybe you should have stated you was from there. Everybody doesn’t have maids.

Didimimi

Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
Not to derail. But you used having maids as an excuse. As if you couldn’t ask one of the maids to teach you how to do your hair. Every one isn’t from Ivory Coast. This site is global. Maybe you should have stated you was from there. Everybody doesn’t have maids.
Lo What the hell. Why are you upset that someone had maids? I mentioned that to show that I’ve never had to do my own hair like that. Ok so I never asked them to teach me... and? Im asking now, what’s the problem?

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Lo What the hell. Why are you upset that someone had maids? I mentioned that to show that I’ve never had to do my own hair like that. Ok so I never asked them to teach me... and? Im asking now, what’s the problem?
Maybe there’s a culture difference..... basic misunderstanding. Here in the Us mostly rich people/ yt people have maids. The way you threw that in just made me think humble brag. I have a maid I don’t have to do nothing. A basic I’m better than you remark. It really has nothing to do with these hair subject. Maybe you should have asked them. They actually know your hair. We can only make guesses and give general advice.

Didimimi

Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
131,285 7,861 2,321
Alleybux
Maybe there’s a culture difference..... basic misunderstanding. Here in the Us mostly rich people/ yt people have maids. The way you threw that in just made me think humble brag. I have a maid I don’t have to do nothing. A basic I’m better than you remark. It really has nothing to do with these hair subject. Maybe you should have asked them. They actually know your hair. We can only make guesses and give general advice.
Ok uh no. The maids part was actually the smallest part of my entire post. I can repost it again just to show if you want. The fact that little sentence out of a large paragraph (actually two) made you feel like I was better than you is a you issue. No one else in this thread mentioned that and there are plenty of Americans here.
It has a lot to do with the hair subject because I grew up without ever having to do it so I mentioned it so no one judge me for being a grown woman who doesn’t know how to do her hair still. (This is LSA and people can be mean) That’s it. Not trying to be better than anyone.
The advice I was given here actually helped me a lot. My hair isn’t super long but it’s not dry like before.
I learned a lot from LSA and nothing from the countless videos I watch.
Sending you virtual hugs.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Ok uh no. The maids part was actually the smallest part of my entire post. I can repost it again just to show if you want. The fact that little sentence out of a large paragraph (actually two) made you feel like I was better than you is a you issue. No one else in this thread mentioned that and there are plenty of Americans here.
It has a lot to do with the hair subject because I grew up without ever having to do it so I mentioned it so no one judge me for being a grown woman who doesn’t know how to do her hair still. (This is LSA and people can be mean) That’s it. Not trying to be better than anyone.
The advice I was given here actually helped me a lot. My hair isn’t super long but it’s not dry like before.
I learned a lot from LSA and nothing from the countless videos I watch.
Sending you virtual hugs.
There are a lot of grown women who have no clue on how to do hair. Heck sometimes idk what to do with my hair. My hair changes and sometimes I just say forget it and put a hat on. Hopefully nobody will judge you for that and if they do forget them.

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom