Anybody interested in F1?

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
A friend got me to watch the Netflix docuseries on Formula 1 with him and now I'm hooked. It's actually really exciting and it seems classier than NASCAR (eww). The season just started this past weekend and the results were pretty interesting. Anyone else a fan?

AK55555

I said what I said
Reaction score
Reactions
50,864 351 35
Alleybux
I am!!!! I've been to a few Grand Prixs and met a few drivers. I find it such an exciting sport to experience in person. What documentary are you watching?

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
I am!!!! I've been to a few Grand Prixs and met a few drivers. I find it such an exciting sport to experience in person. What documentary are you watching?

It’s called drive to survive. There’s 2 seasons. They go in depth with the drivers and teams throughout the season. I never imagined I’d be into racing! I would love to go to a Grand Prix one day! It stinks this season is without the fans. She

AK55555

I said what I said
Reaction score
Reactions
50,864 351 35
Alleybux
It’s called drive to survive. There’s 2 seasons. They go in depth with the drivers and teams throughout the season. I never imagined I’d be into racing! I would love to go to a Grand Prix one day! It stinks this season is without the fans. She

Oh, yes. I've heard about it. I want to watch the second season because Mercedes and Ferrari are included in that one (they didn't let cameras film them during the first season). I'm a huge Mercedes fan.

The Grand Prixs are a lot of fun. They are in the most beautiful locations and the parties are amazing. I was planning on Monaco and Silverstone this year but both have been cancelled, which is a shame.

sugahoneyicetee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,564 1,218 400
Alleybux
I'm american, but i'm more likely to watch it than NASCAR, tbh. Plus the top racer (LH) is partially of black descent. Just saw the Netflix feature a few weeks ago.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Oh, yes. I've heard about it. I want to watch the second season because Mercedes and Ferrari are included in that one (they didn't let cameras film them during the first season). I'm a huge Mercedes fan.

The Grand Prixs are a lot of fun. They are in the most beautiful locations and the parties are amazing. I was planning on Monaco and Silverstone this year but both have been cancelled, which is a shame.

Mercedes is featured in one episode. Mercedes would only allow access for one race. They discuss Ferrari quite a bit and the dynamic between Vettel and Leclerc. It also focuses a lot on the Red Bull team. They seem pretty ruthless about winning!

I would love to go to the Grand Prix in Monaco. It seems so glitzy!

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
I'm american, but i'm more likely to watch it than NASCAR, tbh. Plus the top racer (LH) is partially of black descent. Just saw the Netflix feature a few weeks ago.

I’m American too and that’s why I was so surprised it piqued my interest. I’ve never bothered to watch NASCAR. I don’t think the image is very minority friendly so I would never consider supporting. F1 isn’t either but the Netflix series got me invested.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
I was hoping Lewis would come out on top in the race this weekend. But RedBull cost him grid penalties and then he crashed into Albon which set him back further. His teammate was first and he would’ve been second otherwise. I was surprised to see Leclerc as far ahead as he was since Ferrari was terrible in practice.

AK55555

I said what I said
Reaction score
Reactions
50,864 351 35
Alleybux
Mercedes is featured in one episode. Mercedes would only allow access for one race. They discuss Ferrari quite a bit and the dynamic between Vettel and Leclerc. It also focuses a lot on the Red Bull team. They seem pretty ruthless about winning!

I would love to go to the Grand Prix in Monaco. It seems so glitzy!

Hahaha, Mercedes doesn't want to let their secrets out about how they win. I don't blame them. I miss the Rosberg/Hamilton feud from a few years ago, although Bottas just won the first GP of the season this past weekend which should lead into an interesting championship title race.

Ferrari and Vettel have been putting the pressure on Mercedes, i'm shocked they're not offering him another contract after this season just because he's getting older.

Monaco is by far the best race for all the parties. And Abu Dhabi since it's the last race of the season.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
It seems like Red Bull is a team to watch this year. In the qualifier today, Lewis took pole, but Verstappen is 2nd. I’m excited to see what happens in the race today!!

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Reactions
1,657 121 132
Alleybux
As far as sports go; if it ain't racing, it don't matter. I was hoping once Redbull bought nascar, there would be more roadcoarses. They should take the torch from the now defunct Aussie Supercar Series. I like F1, but it's so riddled with politics and regulations, one would think that they have the winners planned out.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
As far as sports go; if it ain't racing, it don't matter. I was hoping once Redbull bought nascar, there would be more roadcoarses. They should take the torch from the now defunct Aussie Supercar Series. I like F1, but it's so riddled with politics and regulations, one would think that they have the winners planned out.

a lot of people were complaining today that Lewis won and his teammate was 2. They were saying they’re bored with Mercedes always winning! I’m happy for Lewis though, especially since he’s getting so much hate for his activism right now.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
a lot of people were complaining today that Lewis won and his teammate was 2. They were saying they’re bored with Mercedes always winning! I’m happy for Lewis though, especially since he’s getting so much hate for his activism right now.
my thoughts exactly....glad that leclerc and raikkonen keep losing

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
my thoughts exactly....glad that leclerc and raikkonen keep losing

I can’t believe how horrible Ferrari has been. It’s sad that Vettel might end his career on such a bad note! I don’t much about Leclerc other than what was in the Netflix doc and Kimi seems like an asshole.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
I can’t believe how horrible Ferrari has been. It’s sad that Vettel might end his career on such a bad note! I don’t much about Leclerc other than what was in the Netflix doc and Kimi seems like an asshole.
don't like leclerc or raikkonen because they didn't kneel with ham. f them. i like seb. wish he would team up with ham. no knock on bottas though.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
don't like leclerc or raikkonen because they didn't kneel with ham. f them. i like seb. wish he would team up with ham. no knock on bottas though.

Bottas has stepped it up! He won the last one and he made it from P4 to 2nd today. He’s mights be Lewis’ biggest threat to thee championship this year!

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
Bottas has stepped it up! He won the last one and he made it from P4 to 2nd today. He’s mights be Lewis’ biggest threat to thee championship this year!
i know but want vettel-ham. bottas can be team leader on anothr team. surprise renault took alonso instead of vettel.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
i know but want vettel-ham. bottas can be team leader on anothr team. surprise renault took alonso instead of vettel.

vettel-ham would be a moment, both are multi-champions!
Is ricciardo at Renault a good driver? In the Netflix series he was kinda hyped as being really good, but it doesn’t seem he performs all that well! Even today his teammate exceeded him and he was a reserve driver at Mercedes before going to Renault.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
vettel-ham would be a moment, both are multi-champions!
Is ricciardo at Renault a good driver? In the Netflix series he was kinda hyped as being really good, but it doesn’t seem he performs all that well! Even today his teammate exceeded him and he was a reserve driver at Mercedes before going to Renault.
he has the talent but not the work ethic yet.

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
Tomorrow is the qualifier! Who do you guys think is coming out on top?

Ideally, Lewis, Max, and Lando/Vettel lol realistically it will likely be Lewis, Bottas, and Max or Leclerc.

I really like McLaren. Lando feels like my son lol He's really doing well this season so far. I'm excited Ricciardo is coming over next year. I think him and Lando have a great dynamic.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Ideally, Lewis, Max, and Lando/Vettel lol realistically it will likely be Lewis, Bottas, and Max or Leclerc.

I really like McLaren. Lando feels like my son lol He's really doing well this season so far. I'm excited Ricciardo is coming over next year. I think him and Lando have a great dynamic.

I don’t know much about Lando but he made the podium in the first race right?

ferrari seems to be doing better than the last two weeks.

bottas has stepped it up. Has not trying to give up his seat next year! Even Alain Prost said he thinks Lewis is the one to beat but Valtteri will Be his biggest competition.

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
I don’t know much about Lando but he made the podium in the first race right?

ferrari seems to be doing better than the last two weeks.

bottas has stepped it up. Has not trying to give up his seat next year! Even Alain Prost said he thinks Lewis is the one to beat but Valtteri will Be his biggest competition.

Yep. First podium in F1. I was very proud of my son lol

idk what the hell ferrari is doing. I just want them to do right by Seb. He didn't even know they weren't renewing his contract. e1 The disrespect! That first race was a mess for everybody! I don't even like Ferrari, but I'm embarrassed for them. Hope they can redeem themselves this weekend cause...whew. lol

And Bottas came to play this season! He has said he thinks he's finally ready to challenge Lewis. So far so good. 2 races so far and he's made podium both times + a pole position. I'm team McLaren but I stan tf out of Lewis for his BLM activism. :love:

What do you think about RP this season? I'm not shocked they're doing so well since they copied Merc. That's a guaranteed win for them.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Yep. First podium in F1. I was very proud of my son lol

idk what the hell ferrari is doing. I just want them to do right by Seb. He didn't even know they weren't renewing his contract. e1 The disrespect! That first race was a mess for everybody! I don't even like Ferrari, but I'm embarrassed for them. Hope they can redeem themselves this weekend cause...whew. lol

And Bottas came to play this season! He has said he thinks he's finally ready to challenge Lewis. So far so good. 2 races so far and he's made podium both times + a pole position. I'm team McLaren but I stan tf out of Lewis for his BLM activism. :love:

What do you think about RP this season? I'm not shocked they're doing so well since they copied Merc. That's a guaranteed win for them.

Yeah, it’s pretty messed up how Ferrari did Seb. I would’ve thought they would show him more respect just off his legacy alone. Karma might be why they suck so bad this year, even though Leclerc got podium in the first race.

Lewis got pole again today so if all goes well he’ll have his second win! I was hoping he’d still be winning since people were trying to say his activism would be a distraction.

I don’t know much about racing point but they locked in the second row for the race tomorrow. I know Lewis said at the beginning of the season that they looked really good in testing, but like you said, they also use Mercedes.

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
Yeah, it’s pretty messed up how Ferrari did Seb. I would’ve thought they would show him more respect just off his legacy alone. Karma might be why they suck so bad this year, even though Leclerc got podium in the first race.

Lewis got pole again today so if all goes well he’ll have his second win! I was hoping he’d still be winning since people were trying to say his activism would be a distraction.

I don’t know much about racing point but they locked in the second row for the race tomorrow. I know Lewis said at the beginning of the season that they looked really good in testing, but like you said, they also use Mercedes.

There's talk of Seb going to RP next year when they re-brand again to Aston Martin. They copied Merc so I feel like of course they're doing well. Mercedes has the best car. I'm excited to see what they do tomorrow. It's crazy how both RP's out qualified Ferrari. And I agree, I def. think it's Karma for them. It just sucks cause if this is Seb's last season in f1, it's a sh!tty way to go out.

Idk why they keep doubting Lewis. He proves them wrong every time. Apparently this was his 90th Pole position. Should be a very interesting race tomorrow.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
There's talk of Seb going to RP next year when they re-brand again to Aston Martin. They copied Merc so I feel like of course they're doing well. Mercedes has the best car. I'm excited to see what they do tomorrow. It's crazy how both RP's out qualified Ferrari. And I agree, I def. think it's Karma for them. It just sucks cause if this is Seb's last season in f1, it's a sh!tty way to go out.

Idk why they keep doubting Lewis. He proves them wrong every time. Apparently this was his 90th Pole position. Should be a very interesting race tomorrow.

That would suck for Seb to go out that way. Hopefully he gets signed somewhere and has a chance to redeem himself with a respectful exit.

It's interesting that the RP car is being investigated. I watched ESPN today and they were saying they basically copied the Merc car from last year and Renault challenged if it was legal to do. But they were wondering if so, would all the other teams just try to copy the fastest car? People already complain it's boring bc Merc always wins, so imagine if everybody has the same car. That'll be even worse.

I do wonder what's going on with RedBull. They were expected to be the top contender to Merc this year and they haven't really shown up.

I don't think people doubt him; they just don't like him so they won't give him any credit. I saw a post today showing he's had more poles than Schumacher, Senna, and Seb. People kept saying he still doesn't hold a candle to them; he can win 10 championships and he still sucks; he only wins bc he has the fastest car. No one wants to credit him as a good driver.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Welp! Lewis did it again! And it was by a pretty wide margin! I know they’re off next week and then are at Silverstone. It’s his home track so hopefully he has good results!

Verstappen killed it today and Bottas made a big mistake initially but at least he recovered enough to make the podium. RP didn’t perform nearly as well as I would’ve thought. Vettel seems to be performing better too. Ferrari put their all Into Leclerc and he’s been underwhelming this season to me!

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
Welp! Lewis did it again! And it was by a pretty wide margin! I know they’re off next week and then are at Silverstone. It’s his home track so hopefully he has good results!

Verstappen killed it today and Bottas made a big mistake initially but at least he recovered enough to make the podium. RP didn’t perform nearly as well as I would’ve thought. Vettel seems to be performing better too. Ferrari put their all Into Leclerc and he’s been underwhelming this season to me!

Idk how Lewis does it. He's truly a leader amongst his peers. and a humble winner. The way the racists hate Schumacher being compared to him. But it's true. He's really an exceptional driver and they hate to see it. Did you see where he called grosjean out? lol I had to laugh to the audacity.

and Max really pulled off p2 today...somehow...miraculously. I was really impressed. He's on my f1 fantasy team and I knew he wouldn't let me down! Max can be a bit of an asshole sometimes, but I low-key love how he pretty much avoids the drama and is just there to race. Apparently, his team did a normally 90 minute fix in just 18 mins! I was so worried for him towards the end with Bottas so close, but he pulled it off.

I was also really proud of Magnussen! Haas' first points of the season. I think he should have got dotd.

Overall, I think it was a decent race before the break. Nothing to crazy. A little disappointed for my son Lando. Was hoping for a performance like he did in Austria, but things happen. I think he'll bounce back come time for the race at Silverstone.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Did you see where he called grosjean out? lol I had to laugh to the audacity.

no! What did Grosjean say/do?

I did see him call out Mario Andretti and Sir Jackie Stewart for saying racism
Isn’t a problem and Lewis was being too militant.

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
no! What did Grosjean say/do?

I did see him call out Mario Andretti and Sir Jackie Stewart for saying racism
Isn’t a problem and Lewis was being too militant.

lol Grosjean seems to think that kneeling one time is enough and that racism is over now. e4 Which is weird that he would even say that since it was his idea, him and Seb. Lewis didn't even bring it up!

Idk why they keep trying Lewis. Mario Andretti, Sir Jackie Stewart, Bernie,Eccelstone, and add Jean Todt (head of FIA) to the list out and proud Formula 1 racists. F1 is a trip smh.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
lol Grosjean seems to think that kneeling one time is enough and that racism is over now. e4 Which is weird that he would even say that since it was his idea, him and Seb. Lewis didn't even bring it up!

Idk why they keep trying Lewis. Mario Andretti, Sir Jackie Stewart, Bernie,Eccelstone, and add Jean Todt (head of FIA) to the list out and proud Formula 1 racists. F1 is a trip smh.
not surprising. the previous fia head was a nazi sympathizer.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
Anybody tuning in to the race today?

Lewis had a not so great practice and came back yesterday and got pole.

I know Verstappen said at this point, teams are just vying for 3rd place on the podium bc they expect Lewis and Valteri to be 1-2.

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
Anybody tuning in to the race today?

Lewis had a not so great practice and came back yesterday and got pole.

I know Verstappen said at this point, teams are just vying for 3rd place on the podium bc they expect Lewis and Valteri to be 1-2.

Yup. And was biting my nails the entire time lol. I wonder if that quote from Max has come back to haunt him now lol The way my jaw dropped when I saw Bottas' tire smh. And Lewis' was starting to look the same way. Which is crazy, because it was pretty much Lewis, Bottas, Max, Leclerc for pretty much the entire race. All the drama was back down in the midfield.

I love Lewis, but I have to agree with Max. It's always a Merc 1, 2 finish, but nobody could've predicted that ending. At one point, Max was so bored he started telling his team to stay hydrated lol he was by himself the whole time. Lewis was so far ahead of everybody he was already at the next race!

It was a great race tho. I really enjoyed it. I was very happy for Lando and Daniel. I love them and can't wait for them to be teammates next year. McLaren is my team, but I can't stand Carlos. He's usually good for getting McLaren constructor points tho and I was kind of sad for him at the end.

Thoughts on Hulkenberg? I voted for him for DOTD, just cause that whole situation was devastating. He dropped everything at the drop of dime to fill in for Checo and didn't even get to race! What happened to pink merc? They were doing so well.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,827 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
I wonder if that quote from Max has come back to haunt him now lol The way my jaw dropped when I saw Bottas' tire smh

I think Max was trying to play a mind game and is now getting ate up out there. He’s still a really good driver though and will prob win a championship of his own eventually.

I feel bad for Bottas but he’s still second behind Lewis. I saw they’re investigating the tyres now because Sainz also had an issue late with the tires. They think there might’ve been debris that caused it. I’m glad Lewis was able to make it that last lap for the win. I was hoping he would have a strong season bc people are still talking sh!t bc of his support of BLM.

I don’t know what it is, but I don’t really care for Leclerc. I would’ve rather Vettel took the podium for Ferrari. I do wonder why he’s struggling so much this season.

That does suck for Hulkenberg. Perez has another positive test so he might still be out this upcoming weekend so hopefully he gets a chance to race then.

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
I think Max was trying to play a mind game and is now getting ate up out there. He’s still a really good driver though and will prob win a championship of his own eventually.

I feel bad for Bottas but he’s still second behind Lewis. I saw they’re investigating the tyres now because Sainz also had an issue late with the tires. They think there might’ve been debris that caused it. I’m glad Lewis was able to make it that last lap for the win. I was hoping he would have a strong season bc people are still talking sh!t bc of his support of BLM.

I don’t know what it is, but I don’t really care for Leclerc. I would’ve rather Vettel took the podium for Ferrari. I do wonder why he’s struggling so much this season.

That does suck for Hulkenberg. Perez has another positive test so he might still be out this upcoming weekend so hopefully he gets a chance to race then.

Perez tested positive again?! wow. They've gotta start taking this stuff seriously. He has kids too. I hope everything works out. If Hulk is back this weekend, I really hope they got their car together this time. I'm not a fan of RP personally, but I'd like to see Nico drive one last time. Maybe Renault what they missed out on

and me and you are same in terms of Sharle. He irks me, but I think mostly because I'm low-key defensive of Seb. Just cause he doesn't get the respect he deserves there! I didn't mind him so much last year, back when Ferrari was good but now? eh. He's got some growing to do imo. but he's pretty young so he has time.

Lewis is so perfect and they hate to see it. I love how he uses his platform to keep the focus on BLM. Bottas looked hurt hurt. But you're right. that's the reality of it, he's second to Lewis. Not to be mean, but it's the truth. idk if it helps, but a lot of drivers were hurt last weekend -- Kyvat got so mad after he crashed he pushed the camera guy, and Alex actually cried after he got that penalty.

I'm anxious to see what lessons, if any, were learned by the teams this weekend. This season is stressing me TF out lol it's always something!!

0fficialSha

Lando Norris Supremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,763 22 23
Alleybux
Max I believe

I was low key hoping for a Hulk podium, but I'm okay with Max. He gets on my nerves but he's a good driver. World Champion material. Started paying attention to him more at the end of last season when he was on Lewis' head lol

Another race this weekend but these triple headers are stressing me out lol hope the teams are brainstorming on tire management. And hoping Sebastian has a better race. The way I would fight ferrari over him

NikiiBabie

So sweet!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 102 23
Alleybux
I'm just now getting into it. Lewis Hamilton is a beast!

Congrats on the most podiums in F1 History. Such a great accomplishment!