Quantcast

Anyone else feels as if Gen Z is the copycat generation?

awsomegirl015

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
151,336 5,098 1,935
Alleybux
I find it annoying as hell how people are consistently comparing/trashing different generations. No one is original, just about every thing has been done before. Who gives a damn?

Butters2001

Voice Note Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
135,096 8,034 4,552
Alleybux
I’m 21 and I’ve worked multiple customer service jobs. I make my own appointments as well and even my own millennial mothers appointments. Y’all are just weird and generalizing.
No I’m not weird, hyper anxiety and being afraid to do simple task is very common among your generation. I did not pull this out of my ass. It does not apply to you but it applies to many. Gen-Z are known to be a very anxious generation.

thisistoxic

This place is toxic
Reaction score
Reactions
9,244 554 281
Alleybux
But all the “improvements” are surface level. There’s no structural change happening. BLM has been going for years yet still no policy or advancement for Black Lives. Asian protests got faster policy change. You’re being bamboozled by this “we’re all in this together” idea and Black people are being left behind.

The least Gen Z can do in all this is make some exciting music.
Bamboozled? Huh? All in this together? I’m literally anti anything not black and don’t believe in POC solidarity. What are you talking about?

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,546 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
I find it annoying as hell how people are consistently comparing/trashing different generations. No one is original, just about every thing has been done before. Who gives a damn?
I think the issue is the accomplishments of GEN z while all other generations were trashed they also had achievements

L O L I T A

✩ American Empress ✩
Reaction score
Reactions
234,453 5,950 1,949
Alleybux
It’s so odd to me. I’m a very young millennial. We got a lot of sh!t specifically. Most of it was similar to the sh!t that older gen-z is getting and we don’t react nearly as bad.
Fonts like you and the OP seem to harbor a chip on your shoulder about things that happened to y'all long before Gen Z were even old enough to drive. Very much misplaced anger.

So because Millennials got unnecessarily dragged through the mud, you feel Gen Z deserves the same treatment b/c that was what was done to your generation? Y'all were forced to take that toxic behavior from older generations so the next gen coming after you has to suffer from the verbal abuse like some of y'all did? Wow. Some of you are really on that I had to struggle so y'all do too tip. What a dysfunctional and toxic mentality to try and inflict on the next generation knowing how damaging it was for a lot of Millennials to experience that divisive mentality. Healthy criticism is one thing but blatant generalizations is another thing.

Some of you are really inching closer and closer towards Boomer 2.0. territory with your ever-growing hatred of a whole generation of ppl currently comprised of mostly children. I thought some of you out of all generations would understand by now where these toxic and pointless generational wars can lead to, which is even more division and resentment on both ends, but alas.

Some of you are taking the approach of repeating the cycle rather than ending it with your generation and starting anew with the next. Missed opportunity for some semblance of solidarity since both generations are more like alike than different. Hopefully Gen Z will be more inclusive and less judgemental of Gen Alpha once they come of age. These counterproductive generational wars need to end with somebody!

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,546 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
Fonts like you and the OP seem to harbor a chip on your shoulder about things that happened to y'all long before Gen Z were even old enough to drive. Very much misplaced anger.

So because Millennials got unnecessarily dragged through the mud, you feel Gen Z deserves the same treatment b/c that was what was done to your generation? Y'all were forced to take that toxic behavior from older generations so the next gen coming after you has to suffer from the verbal abuse like some of y'all did? Wow. Some of you are really on that I had to struggle so y'all do too tip. What a dysfunctional and toxic mentality to try and inflict on the next generation knowing how damaging it was for a lot of Millennials to experience that divisive mentality. Healthy criticism is one thing but blatant generalizations is another thing.

Some of you are really inching closer and closer towards Boomer 2.0. territory with your ever-growing hatred of a whole generation of ppl currently comprised of mostly children. I thought some of you out of all generations would see by now where these toxic and pointless generational wars can lead to, which is even more division and resentment on both ends, but alas.

Some of you are taking the approach of repeating the cycle rather than ending it with your generation and starting anew with the next. Missed opportunity for some semblance of solidarity since both generations are more like alike than different. Hopefully Gen Z will be more inclusive and less judgemental of Gen Alpha once they come of age. These counterproductive generational wars need to end with somebody!
Shouldn't you be having your little melt down about this thread on tik tok

awsomegirl015

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
151,336 5,098 1,935
Alleybux
I think the issue is the accomplishments of GEN z while all other generations were trashed they also had achievements
What? I’m confused as to what your trying to say. Are you saying only generation z’s accomplishments are celebrated? Cause if so that’s definitely false.

shishifufu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,787 2,483 2,246
Alleybux
Gen-Zs exist outside Twitter and Tiktok spheres.I’m Gen-Z but I’m not insufferable like other Gen-Zs. People like me exist I hope

thisistoxic

This place is toxic
Reaction score
Reactions
9,244 554 281
Alleybux

Some of you are really inching closer and closer towards Boomer 2.0. territory with your ever-growing hatred of a whole generation of ppl currently comprised of mostly children. I thought some of you out of all generations would understand by now where these toxic and pointless generational wars can lead to, which is even more division and resentment on both ends, but alas.

THIS WAS A READ. DAMN. YES SIS.

33c678feba083f2d3b175284c0df9c59.gif

cuteaf

Kmt.
Reaction score
Reactions
18,863 526 133
Alleybux
Younger millennials are ppl born from 86-1994. How are you trying to tell me my experiences? Seriously? You weren't even born and I have nothing in common with dancing tik tokers as a 29 year old. Chile bye. You all want to be millennials so bad
I thought younger millennials went up to people born in 96? Since when was the cut off 94?

awsomegirl015

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
151,336 5,098 1,935
Alleybux
Gen z has any accomplishments
Honey you sound illiterate, do you speak English? They have many accomplishments or are you asking if they have any? Cause yes they do but that’s not my point. You’re literally going off for no damn reason. Stop @ing me, your ignorance is irking me.

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,546 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
Honey you sound illiterate, do you speak English? They have many accomplishments or are you asking if they have any? Cause yes they do but that’s not my point. You’re literally going off for no damn reason. Stop @ing me, your ignorance is irking me.
Once again Gen Z fail to understand basic conversation. You asked what am I saying. I mentioned GEN z has any accomplishments. If so what are they? Definitely not BLM as that was a millennial movement

awsomegirl015

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
151,336 5,098 1,935
Alleybux
Once again Gen Z fail to understand basic conversation. You asked what am I saying. I mentioned GEN z has any accomplishments. If so what are they? Definitely not BLM as that was a millennial movement
Darling I am a mil....you know what never mind. Seek help

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,019 9,671 9,135
Alleybux
I don't think they the copy cat gen.

Most of them will never know what's it's like to go to the prom or graduate and several other things.

Since they graduation mostly likely be virtual.

If I had to category them they are the lazy generation.

Everything is laid out and done for them.

Hell, they even have a new bill passed saying if they can't find employment after graduating high school they get unemployment automatically.

willowqueen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,504 28 1
Alleybux
A lot of these threads are hilarious but a lot of y’all are just obsessed with attacking Gen Z. As an older Gen-zer/zellinial, (a young Black woman who works with a lot of older folks and has millennial siblings, peers and cousins), millennials and older Gen Z are not as drastically different as many of you want to believe. Calm down y’all. We’re not all dumb, unoriginal and misguided lol. Millennials do dumb sh!t on social media everyday and y’all know it.
If you don’t have examples of good Gen Z kids in your life maybe that’s a reflection of the older adults raising them…

I’m lost as to why y’all have so much heat for kids who haven’t truly lived yet.

Y’all can groan. I don’t give af. It’s the truth.

Last edited:

Crown Lulu

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,910 816 420
Alleybux
I really hate Gen Z for making TikTok a thing but besides that I don't have an issue with them. Some of ya'll really seem to be in your feelings about younger folks.

I'll say this: I'm glad I can remember a time before the PC police and acceptance of everything under the sun no matter how ridiculous. Kinda sad the new gen won't be able to enjoy comedy and light hearted things since they've been raised to view the world as a hierarchy of oppression. That's a cultural issue though so I don't fault them too much for it.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,184 64 12
Alleybux
I was watching a video last night where the person mentioned that Gen Z isn't original. All of their slang words are AAVE that were made popular on the internet by black people from previous generations, the follow Millennial movements such as BLM, they also tend to be faux woke for the internet and most of what they know about being woke came from previous generations.
Do you all think that generations from GEN z and onward will not have a generation persona due to the internet?

The person mentioned how they grew up with instant info and only run with it if it has a source
Although Millennials were on the internet, our lives didn't start off with placing a phone in our face. We grew up during the changes of technology so we were able to create our own persona and black aave was still sacred within the black community. Even online aave was only spoken amongst black people on websites like LSA, early Facebook Twitter and IG. Now it's a free for all thanks to the expansion of social media
I know EXACTLY what video you watched lol and I've been calling gen z The Poser Generation secretly for about a year now. It doesn't pertain to all of them (obviously) and (I can break this down so much) but to keep it short, generally speaking, the ones on the internet try to recreate things w/ little to no depth. It's all visuals and nothing else. No meaning. If you look the part it is enough for them they eat it up. It's all hype no substance.

To be fair to them. They are still growing up. still learning they dont have an identity fully and lot of things they try to claim (and older gens oddly try to give the credit for) are from really millennials. Their influence is 2025 and on. I say 2025 because every single Gen Y will be at least 30 by that point.

Last edited:

Mugman

#1 Goon Mugsy (¬‿¬)ψ
Reaction score
Reactions
17,007 609 278
Alleybux
At this point, I truly believe that these "generation wars" are started by mentally ill people. How are you 29, worrying about what a bunch of teens are doing?

Be an adult, get a damn job, get a damn life, get the fµck off the internet, go outside and meet some new people, because you desperately need too.

This site is so damn toxic, like wtf....

SHE bySheree

Coming to Neiman’s around September, Spring/Summer
Reaction score
Reactions
8,737 424 287
Alleybux
I know who they are when they come on here praising white people and shitting on the culture that feeds the white and non-black people they idolize.

Those types kill me. On here they will praise K-Pop in one breath and trash Hip hop in another lol. As if the watered down, flavorless Korean version can compete. They are lost people.

Observe

Hit da Gas, and be outti 5 on dey azz
Reaction score
Reactions
22,292 7,222 4,795
Alleybux
Like I said In the concious community
The 60s70s dealt with political
The 80s90s dealt with African history
The early 2000s dealt with spirituality
This generation deals with health, this is the woke generation and they don’t care about reading anything political or historical. They think they are woke from taking sea moss. It’s all a scam to sell and make money. The crack and weed era are dead so now you have these woke herb hustlers to scam you and Gen Z have never been around any real street hustlers like it was in our generation. They think these cats in the streets drinking moet off unemployment are street hustlers , the streets been dead and the concious community have turned into so called vegans scammers

Oh Honey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,063 4,923 2,321
Alleybux

Lol, the generation of bullying people into submission for sh!t they don‘t even believe in themselves, cancelling people over nonsense wants to be „inclusive and less judgemenal of Gen Alpha“. I feel sorry for the generation that comes after you. You‘re gonna have newborns commit suicide for knowing that male tits don‘t give milk. You always think you‘re so inclusive and all loving when you‘re the most hateful, authoritarian and totalitarian living generation.

Luxury Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,317 734 555
Alleybux
There is some weird obsession with scolding gen z and their internet use like every generation hasn’t had something defining. Gen Z is not all Tik Tok like many think. What’s original is how gen z may use the internet.

‘96, ‘97, ‘98, ,99 gen z’ers also helped to carry the past two election in crazy numbers of young voters. They have also been the ones packing out protests and making things like BLM trend. If I remember corrrctly they’ve used the power of the internet to push these hashtags and spread awareness for a long time, and have spearheaded it. They’re still going to college and graduating, filling the job market and more and also demanding more wages.

So I don’t really understand where originality lacks, they take from and add to. You have gen z’ers who have came up with terms like fleek from being on vine. It’s really a give, take, add and spread thing and I don’t get where the constant scolding and disdain comes for gen z.
Millennials are becoming just like the Boomers they hated. Each generation always blames the generation after them and worries about them all the time. We've seen this dating back to way back in the day. It's a stupid concern because if each generation was worse than the last, that means we would've peaked as the human race in the 400 BC as far as advancements are concerned. Socrates in 400 BC was complaining about 'kids these days.' If he's correct, then we hit our prime in 400 BC and it was downhill from there.

One of my supervisors said this as well. They're too PC and whiny. She hates they're entering the work force lol.

For a time it wasn't anything but late genx and millennials in the workforce

Read what I said above. Every time, people complain about the generation after them. If they were all right and had valid reasons, then that means we peaked as a society in 400 BC according to Socrates.

Why do millennials love making posts whining about gen z? So I can't use AAVE now even though I'm black? What are you even talking about this Sunday morning?

Millennials are just following the trend of every other generation before them. Gen Z will be doing the same once they hit their 30s and 40s. Each time a generation gets in their 30s and 40s, they start ranting about the school kids and college kids of the generation after them. It never fails.

Yeah the obsession and disdain with another generation is weird once again. It’s not a one generation effort. We are carrying our weight of the world too regardless of what the next generation feels about it. Even during Treyvon Martin, Gen Z was protesting, posting and tweeting for crying out loud.

And what is there to piggyback off? No one is as inventive as they think.

The constant obsession with a generation you aren’t a part of is strange.

I don't know about that. I think every generation contributes. However, it's just par for the course. Gen Z is literally going to do the same to Gen Alpha when they get in their 30s and 40s. Each generation has a group of 30-45 year old people complaining about the 13-25 year olds because of a few bad experiences. History shows that this is a fallacy. If the middle aged people were correct about 'kids these days ruining society', then that means we peaked as a society in 400 BC. See how silly that logic is... Millennials' Hatred Of 'Dealing With People' Is A Major Threat To Fast-Food Workers I even predicted that my generation is going to complain about the next one, and same with Millennials.

Funny thing is, each generation complains about the generation after them doing things that they put in place! Baby Boomers introduced Capitalism, and then got annoyed that the next generation was materialistic. Gen X invented cell phones and got angry that Millennials are on their cell phones. Millennials invented the idea of the safe space and internet careers, and now they're angry that Gen Z wants safe spaces and internet clout. lol.

Luxury Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,317 734 555
Alleybux
You didn't answer my question and I don't care what Zuckerburg did. Capitalism got y'all brainwashed thinking you need to come up with revolutionary content at a young age or else your a failure. Don't be mad at me that more people in my generation would rather relax and not work ourselves to death than be exploited by a system that doesn't care about them.

I'm not about to go back and forth with someone that thinks their superior to me because their 6 years older than me loll. You need to go outside or something. No reason to be this upset over Gen Z.
Each generation has a conflict between two people. Funny thing is, they actually lead the following generation down that path.

Boomers: (invents capitalism) "why are kids these days so materialistic?!"
Gen X: (invents technology and cellphones) "why are kids these days constantly on their phones?"
Millennials: (invents the ideas of the average person being able to have internet fame) "why are kids these days such clout chasers?"

hairypotter

broke heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
16,233 1,091 269
Alleybux
This post was meant to be negative. Instead of saying "influenced" you say copycat
No kind of constructive criticism just straight bashing

1. THEY ARE STILL LIVING AND YOUNG TRYNA FIGURE sh!t OUT
2. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE

Xennial

Analog Girl…Digital Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
27,881 448 111
Alleybux
So older GenZ deserve no credit for the 2020 protests? If l were born in the 99/00s, l wouldn’t attend a BLM protest ever again.

JuulClip

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
547 27 19
Alleybux
Err, the Black Panther movement was corrupted. Hence why it no longer exists. As a matter of fact, most former Black-led movements were corrupted by money/status loving *****.

Here y'all go not knowing your own history.

Duh...that’s why I mentioned you guys not setting a precedent by being corruption free unlike the formerly mentioned movement. Look at you nearing your 40’s and not being able to comprehend your reading.

Mugman

#1 Goon Mugsy (¬‿¬)ψ
Reaction score
Reactions
17,007 609 278
Alleybux
Also, you fonts can't even critique correctly. "Hahaha, we're just critiquing your generation!"

No, your being an asshole at this point. Critiquing is pointing out the wrongs of an issue, and giving CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on said issue.

Your not critiquing sh!t, your just being a dickhead towards younger folks, because you can't do anything else in y'all sorry ass lives.

You're not liking the way Gen-Z is starting to turn out? How about you get up, stop fµck!ng complaing, and mentor these damn kids if this is starting to become an issue.

Don't y'all have younger teenage siblings? Start with them.

"Oh Gen-Z is so sOciALLy aWkwArD!!!!!!" When? How? And? Who is working all these food service jobs (aka PUBLIC jobs)? Gen-Z. Who is just starting their new intership positions (working with the damn public)? Gen-Z.

I also love that statement is coming from lsa fonts. The same fonts that be posted up in the damn Jane Doe Alley, but I digress...

Lsa also reminds me everyday how adults (GROWN ASS PEOPLE) are petty and childish in real life. Y'all sit here and make threads about how Gen-Z is emo, how they have a trash style, how weird they are, etc...

Like why the hell are grown ass people are obsessed with how Gen-Z dress themselves? You guys sound mentally deranged and ill, concerned about what a bunch of teens are wearing/doing, like wtf?!

Also, who made Tumblr? Millennials. Who started 3rd wave feminism? Millennials. And finally who brainwashed all these kids about this trans sh!t? fµck!ng Millennials. Just like those damn "Boomers" y'all complain about, you guys can't take accountability for y'all actions either. Last time I've checked "Queer Kids Stuff" was made by a fµck!ng Millennial! Y'all the ones who kickstarted this sh!t, but once again I digress.

Y'all remind me of those grandparents that tell kids not to curse, but curses in front of them anyway. You sit and wonder where they got it from, but the answer is the clown sitting in the mirror in front of you.

I'm logging the fµck out at this point, you people are so damn toxic.

hairypotter

broke heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
16,233 1,091 269
Alleybux
Also, you fonts can't even critique correctly. "Hahaha, we're just critiquing your generation!"

No, your being an asshole at this point. Critiquing is pointing out the wrongs of an issue, and giving CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on said issue.

Your not critiquing sh!t, your just being a dickhead towards younger folks, because you can't do anything else in y'all sorry ass lives.

You're not liking the way Gen-Z is starting to turn out? How about you get up, stop fµck!ng complaing, and mentor these damn kids if this is starting to become an issue.

Don't y'all have younger teenage siblings? Start with them.

"Oh Gen-Z is so sOciALLy aWkwArD!!!!!!" When? How? And? Who is working all these food service jobs (aka PUBLIC jobs)? Gen-Z. Who is just starting their new intership positions (working with the damn public)? Gen-Z.

I also love that statement is coming from lsa fonts. The same fonts that be posted up in the damn Jane Doe Alley, but I digress...

Lsa also reminds me everyday how adults (GROWN ASS PEOPLE) are petty and childish in real life. Y'all sit here and make threads about how Gen-Z is emo, how they have a trash style, how weird they are, etc...

Like why the hell are grown ass people are obsessed with how Gen-Z dress themselves? You guys sound mentally deranged and ill, concerned about what a bunch of teens are wearing/doing, like wtf?!

Also, who made Tumblr? Millennials. Who started 3rd wave feminism? Millennials. And finally who brainwashed all these kids about this trans sh!t? fµck!ng Millennials. Just like those damn "Boomers" y'all complain about, you guys can't take accountability for y'all actions either. Last time I've checked "Queer Kids Stuff" was made by a fµck!ng Millennial! Y'all the ones who kickstarted this sh!t, but once again I digress.

Y'all remind me of those grandparents that tell kids not to curse, but curses in front of them anyway. You sit and wonder where they got it from, but the answer is the clown sitting in the mirror in front of you.

I'm logging the fµck out at this point, you people are so damn toxic.
FORUM SHOULD BE CLOSED AFTER THIS POST. THANK YOU.

Sade Adu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,811 5,210 2,184
Alleybux
OP is barely a 90s kid let alone a Millennial. And Millennials are just as bad as Gen Z. Neither one can't talk about the other.

asiansauce1

Ya’ll’s favorite Chinese
Reaction score
Reactions
2,845 83 38
Alleybux

OP is barely a 90s kid let alone a Millennial. And Millennials are just as bad as Gen Z. Neither one can't talk about the other.
That’s what I don’t get. OP is literally 4-5 years older than the older millennials. Like she should relate to the older gen z (22-25 year olds) than the older millennials (nearing 40)

queenie5458

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,465 409 452
Alleybux
I’m Gen Z and think we have the power to change the world (we are changing it!) And that other generations don’t understand us

Complexe

D I V A
Reaction score
Reactions
16,217 1,122 869
Alleybux
Gen ZERO talent. They play this dumb unbothered attitude I loathe, with them this generation is becoming brainless and this world goes from bad to worse.