Quantcast

Anyone else loving Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town?

Daisies

Cheverly has gone to be with The Lord
Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux

Y'all I'm kinda in love with this game. I love running the farm, fishing, tending to my chickens and cows, dating a harem of men and choosing the best to become my future husband!

There are some rough edges but the community is very vocal about it and the developers are releasing patches to address those problems.

Customization is a lot better than back in the day, my character can be a black woman! I'm going to edit this post with a pic of my character.

Thought I'd share this for anyone else who enjoys farming / simulation games!

Calypso Girl

~post screenshots instead of links~
Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
I loveee it. I just wish it was multiplayer because there's so much work to do on the farm. right now I'm creating a section for makers and figuring out where I want my crops with a sprinkler. Animal products make so much money.

Daisies

Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux
I loveee it. I just wish it was multiplayer because there's so much work to do on the farm. right now I'm creating a section for makers and figuring out where I want my crops with a sprinkler. Animal products make so much money.
It is! It can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time. The first week I barely planted anything, I spent all that time clearing the land!

I really dislike the makers though. I don't like how they can only make 1 of each product and the fact that there are so damn many. Part of my farm looks like an outdoor factory. Also I feel like the makers are contributing to lag and my farm isn't even that bumpin' yet.

Also which BACHELOR OR BACHELORETTE ARE Y'ALL EYEING!?

story-of-seasons-pioneers-of-olive-town-marriage-candidates_uy3h.620.png

I'm working on dating all the men so I can decide who I'm really tryna marry. Right now my top 3 are Iori, Damon, and Emilio in that order but so far I've got a better relationship with Damon, Iori and Jack in that order. I like guys who are a little mean so personality wise Damon got me a lil weak in the knees.

ETA: I wish the hair for Reina and Blaire were available for our character in game, I think they're so cute!

Daisies

Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux
I do wish there were portraits.
I keep seeing people on the SoS reddit sub say this. This is my first SoS game so I don't know what I'm missing. I do wish the devs worked on giving the NPCs more expressions so they could emote better. That would make the characters feel more lifelike without portraits.

LaDela

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,881 1,511 938
Alleybux
I keep seeing people on the SoS reddit sub say this. This is my first SoS game so I don't know what I'm missing. I do wish the devs worked on giving the NPCs more expressions so they could emote better. That would make the characters feel more lifelike without portraits.
The biggest problem is that you can barely see their faces. A lot of the time your own little character is blocking whoever you are talking to. Watch some videos on YouTube of Story of Seasons Trio of Towns. The conversations were more engaging. I hope they listen and fix this quickly.

Calypso Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
It is! It can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time. The first week I barely planted anything, I spent all that time clearing the land!

I really dislike the makers though. I don't like how they can only make 1 of each product and the fact that there are so damn many. Part of my farm looks like an outdoor factory. Also I feel like the makers are contributing to lag and my farm isn't even that bumpin' yet.

Also which BACHELOR OR BACHELORETTE ARE Y'ALL EYEING!?

I'm working on dating all the men so I can decide who I'm really tryna marry. Right now my top 3 are Iori, Damon, and Emilio in that order but so far I've got a better relationship with Damon, Iori and Jack in that order. I like guys who are a little mean so personality wise Damon got me a lil weak in the knees.
i felt like clearing the land was all for nothing because it grows back in like 3 days lololol. I have an entire section on the farm for makers. I unlocked the bridge so I’m going to move the coop over there next to the barn to have more space for makers.

I have 1 heart for Damon, 1 heart for Lori (is he royalty?), and 1 and like a an ounce of a heart for Ralph because I can never find him. I think I’m going to pick Ralph. I don’t like Damon that much after I gave him a dish that was worth 300g and he was like “uh thanks I guess” Ungrateful ass, give it back so I can make my coin then

Daisies

Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux
Yeah Iori is supposed to be a lord. Them hoes can be so damned ungrateful when you give them something!!! LMAOOO

The regrowth is crazy. They gotta slow it down a little or something. Or maybe I have to put down some paths.

Calypso Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
Yeah Iori is supposed to be a lord. Them hoes can be so damned ungrateful when you give them something!!! LMAOOO

The regrowth is crazy. They gotta slow it down a little or something. Or maybe I have to put down some paths.
Chopping trees and leaving stumps works. I guess the trees can’t grow that close together. I’ll leave the stumps until I’m ready to make paths.
I think Damon likes coffee because he always says he’s going to go grab one, Lori likes seafood, and Ralph loved the seafood I gave him. We need a guide

Daisies

Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux
I’ll leave the stumps until I’m ready to make paths.
That’s a great idea!!! I have to try that.
Iori is my main guy, I wanted to have a harem with all 5 of them but it’s too much effort. I’ll leave the others for another play through. I could also marry and then divorce them, but then what happens to the kid we’ll have together?

Calypso Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
That’s a great idea!!! I have to try that.
Iori is my main guy, I wanted to have a harem with all 5 of them but it’s too much effort. I’ll leave the others for another play through. I could also marry and then divorce them, but then what happens to the kid we’ll have together?
If you divorce them and you have kids the kids will disappear like they never existed LMAO

Calypso Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
I really like the postcard feature where you take pictures that will show up on someone else’s loading screen. Some people take really nice cinematic looking pictures

Daisies

Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux
I really like the postcard feature where you take pictures that will show up on someone else’s loading screen. Some people take really nice cinematic looking pictures
Right! I’ve seen cute sleeping animals too.

Calypso Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
Lol I think I accidentally unlocked one of Loris heart events just walking around and all of a sudden. -I won’t spoil it- I think I’ll seduce all of them just to experience their heart events

Calypso Girl

Reaction score
Reactions
39,474 2,241 449
Alleybux
Who are y'all asking out to the fireworks? It says "if you're close with someone you can ask them to watch the fireworks together with you"

Daisies

Reaction score
Reactions
30,814 733 78
Alleybux
Who are y'all asking out to the fireworks? It says "if you're close with someone you can ask them to watch the fireworks together with you"
I wasn't dating Iori yet so I couldn't ask him! Who did you end up going with?

Iori and I are dating now but I lowkey wanna date Jack too because I heard he's interesting but he looks so young man. I'm in mid autumn now, so hopefully I can do the next festival with him.

I'm into Ralph but him and that doggone hat! Will he get married with the hat on!? If I have a kid with Ralph will the kid come out with a hat on?

I need more menses. They need to add men that look a lil older and add less white men too.
5FB152C1-C691-44F2-AC2E-D603F128A462.jpeg

My character in game with Iori and Dosetsu.
2A13BED9-66B4-49B6-84AA-FDE87F838E7A.jpeg

East_Afriqueen

Sukuna's simp
Reaction score
Reactions
105,277 2,281 579
Alleybux
I won’t allow myself to buy it until the semester is over :’(

I’ll just live vicariously through y’all
@Daisies your character looks so cute

But we have a thread in gaming alley as well

News Alley