Quantcast

Anyone else watch this show?

Madam Slay

Into every generation a slayer is born
Reaction score
Reactions
146,718 3,339 733
Alleybux
I just discovered the show 24 Hours in the Past and I really enjoyed it. Has anyone else watched this show? For those who haven't seen the show:

24 Hours in the Past is a BBC One living history TV series first broadcast in 2015. Six celebrities were immersed in a recreation of impoverished life in Victorian Britain. Each of the four episodes represented 24 hours living and working in four different occupations. A key part of the series was its immersive nature. The four episodes were ostensibly filmed in direct sequence, and the participants lived, ate and slept in the often filthy conditions portrayed.

I didn't know any of the "famous" faces so I don't know what they're like irl, but Tyger Drew-Honey and Miquita Oliver were my favorites. I found Ann to be annoying she knew she was going on a Victorian era show but kept judging everything through a 21st century view. The whole point of the show was to live in the past not b!tch and whine about how it's not like the future.

I wish there was more than one season of this show or they'd do a reboot, but this time have them try to work their way up the social ladder. It was nice to see how hard those who were impoverished had it, but it would have also been nice to see another way of life. I doubt this show will ever get a reboot though. It's probably too hard to find stars who want to this type of show. I know I wouldn't have lasted.

Peroxide

ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ//ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
179,932 5,192 643
Alleybux
I watched that show too!

I'm an American, so I went into the show not knowing anything about the celebrities. I was really suprised about Tyger. I thought he was going to slack off, but he ended up being one of the hardest workers. Miquita was a hard worker too, and I could tell that she was really getting into her role. The blonde white woman also did a great job, and I liked the fact that she showed compassion towards Anne (at first) because she was older and being punished.

Anne was...a b!tch. She didn't care about anyone but herself and she was extremely stubborn. I understand standing up for your rights, but she constantly did it at the expense of others. I remember the women had extra/more tedious chores because Anne didn't want to follow directions. She'd definitely be a troublemaker in those times.

I was thinking there'd be another installment, but I was disappointed to see that this is the only one :cry:

News Alley

Top Bottom