Quantcast

Anyone Ever Heard of Pastor Gino Jennings?

authentic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 1
Alleybux
From authentic:
and jacked his whole church style from the nation of islam... congregation wise

Thats another issue as well. He bashes other denominations within Christianity. However, he gives more respect to Orthodox Islam, even though they outright deny the divinity of Yeshua. I find that very strange. I know that Philly has a large population of Muslims and this is the reason why I think that he is somehow influenced by Islam.

I am really trying to understand here. I have seen him tear Islam apart.

Case and point:
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ennings+nation+of+islam&aq=3&oq=gino+jennings+

Yeah, but then here, he appears to be having a good time with the Sunni Muslims, and giving credence to the Koran.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xYKXnyQyQ"]YouTube - Gino Jennings discussion with the nation of Islam part 8 558[/ame]

Reaction score
Reactions
769 71 71
Alleybux
Yeah, but then here, he appears to be having a good time with the Sunni Muslims, and giving credence to the Koran.

Ok, still trying to understand. Asim Abdul Raschid admitted that Islam was a falsehood at the beginning of this video and that Gino had brought the truth. Gino was probably happy that he exposed this falsehood.

Gino did mention that in order to properly know a religion, you must know it and referenced a verse in the Koran. Then he referenced the Bible.

Gino must have said something that the Muslims didn't like because many of the Muslims became upset and left the service before it was over. I have also heard of Muslims converting after hearing what Gino had to say about the Nation of Islam.

authentic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 1
Alleybux
Ok, still trying to understand. Asim Abdul Raschid admitted that Islam was a falsehood at the beginning of this video and that Gino had brought the truth.

No he was stating that the claims that God was self-created was a false hood (this was the primary issue of the entire debate). Remember he (Asim Abdul Rashid) is Sunni MUSLIM. The NOI and Sunni Muslim is vastly different.

Gino was probably happy that he exposed this falsehood.

Gino did mention that in order to properly know a religion, you must know it and referenced a verse in the Koran. Then he referenced the Bible.
Yeah that's true, but the remarks of 'Allah Akbar' towards the Almighty was a subtle way of saying that we worship the same God.

Gino must have said something that the Muslims didn't like because many of the Muslims became upset and left the service before it was over. I have also heard of Muslims converting after hearing what Gino had to say about the Nation of Islam.
I'm aware that some NOI followers converted. But my original point was that he gives more respect to Orthodox Muslims than he does to other denominations within Christianity. And let me say this, I don't hate Gino, but alot of what he teaches is not in line with scripture, though he emphasizes adhering to the truth of the scriptures.

Reaction score
Reactions
769 71 71
Alleybux
authentic:

I am learning here. So there are different "denominations" within Islam????

~YD~

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,861 51 10
Alleybux
I like him and watch him on youtube all of the time. Don't agree with some of the things he says, but overall, he is a good teacher and very funny.

SassySpice

Its Their World Too
Reaction score
Reactions
3,196 140 473
Alleybux
We watch Pastor Jennings almost every Sunday night. While in agreement with 90% of his teachings I don't "qualify" to join his church since this is my 2nd marriage & my 1st husband probably isn't dead & no way in hell am I willing to reconcile. His church is imo close to cult status, since the women must dress like the women from 2000 yrs ago, no makeup permitted, and men & women are not permitted to even sit together, least they become focused on each other instead of the sermon. And I am in agreement with the poster who said Jennings has ripped apart Islam, has no tolerance for the NOI whatsoever, & has ridiculed Islam.

The one thing I hold against his ministry is he offers no consolence for people's broken spirits, only condemnation for the errors of our ways.

Reaction score
Reactions
769 71 71
Alleybux

The one thing I hold against his ministry is he offers no consolence for people's broken spirits, only condemnation for the errors of our ways.

SassySpice:

It seems like Gino is at one extreme and someone like Joel Osteen is at the other extreme. Gino doesn't offer consolence and Osteen offers too much.

ioukta

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
hello,

i'm new here and i won't post much in this portion here, but i know Jennings, he teaches a lot of good things, a few things i think he let go to his head so i stopped listening but i don't really get what's so wrong with the oneness of God? I follow Holiness 100% and i mean trinity never appears anywhere in the bible

isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I mean what's so hard to believe when he says that Jesus the flesh was the Lamb and that God the Eternal Spirit was in him? and that the Holy Ghost is God's spirit too?
Father in creation, Son in redemption and Holy Ghost to the Church hence water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and not father son holy ghost since He is all three.
for u guys it's three distinct deities? or God just manifested himself in JC and the HG? which makes one in different forms
I don't get where u get in the scriptures that it's 3 trinity or something else can someone tell me?

ioukta

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
We watch Pastor Jennings almost every Sunday night. While in agreement with 90% of his teachings I don't "qualify" to join his church since this is my 2nd marriage & my 1st husband probably isn't dead & no way in hell am I willing to reconcile. His church is imo close to cult status, since the women must dress like the women from 2000 yrs ago, no makeup permitted, and men & women are not permitted to even sit together, least they become focused on each other instead of the sermon. And I am in agreement with the poster who said Jennings has ripped apart Islam, has no tolerance for the NOI whatsoever, & has ridiculed Islam.

I would just like to say that not wearing make up or wearing clothes that don't reveal what i would look like naked has nothing to do with cult. I feel better myself without make up because hey that's me, take it or leave it, or in this case look or don't look, i don't need make up to make me feel beautiful. I don't need to hide my face under make up, i look stuning without it.
and as for clothes, in the 50s or 40s i think they had class and didn't need to show cleavage or they thighs to be classy. I can't even go back to wearign what i used to wear, i mean who are u to know what i look like naked? that's for me God and my husband to know. the shape of my thighs? nuh huh that's not for the world to know, the world doesn't feed me.
This not sitting together thing that's him, in my holiness church there's none of that.
I agree that Jennings forgot he must love people and convert them with love, BUT it's better to know what u're doing wrong rather than spend ur time thinking everything u do is right and not know what u do that's condemning u without u being aware of it

So bash Jennings if u want about how he delivers his message, but not the teachings themselves. please. please?

PS u don't have to reconcile with ur husband, u can also stay celibate since u took vows until death do u part,u can also pray that God changes ur husband to make the reconciliation possible since there's nothing impossible for him.... earthly divorce papers don't count for much when it comes to God...Just saying :kissing:

Reaction score
Reactions
2,116 1
Alleybux
hello,

i'm new here and i won't post much in this portion here, but i know Jennings, he teaches a lot of good things, a few things i think he let go to his head so i stopped listening but i don't really get what's so wrong with the oneness of God? I follow Holiness 100% and i mean trinity never appears anywhere in the bible

isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I mean what's so hard to believe when he says that Jesus the flesh was the Lamb and that God the Eternal Spirit was in him? and that the Holy Ghost is God's spirit too?
Father in creation, Son in redemption and Holy Ghost to the Church hence water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and not father son holy ghost since He is all three.
for u guys it's three distinct deities? or God just manifested himself in JC and the HG? which makes one in different forms
I don't get where u get in the scriptures that it's 3 trinity or something else can someone tell me?

the word bible isnt in the Bible either...the Trinity is 1 God in 3 distinct persons...

shieldtrinityscutumfide.png

Jesus speaks of the Father and Holy Spirit as separate people but still God...Can Jesus stand on the right hand of Himself(Acts 7:56)?...Did Jesus throw his voice to pretend someone else was speaking from heaven(Matthew 3:16-17)....lets go to Genesis 1..

Genesis 1:26

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

the Hebrew word for God from Isaiah 45:5 is the same word that is used here....'elohiym...'elohiym is a plural word...

Who is the "us" that God is referring to?

Evidence of the Trinity is all over the Bible....

ioukta

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
the word bible isnt in the Bible either...the Trinity is 1 God in 3 distinct persons...

shieldtrinityscutumfide.png

Jesus speaks of the Father and Holy Spirit as separate people but still God...Can Jesus stand on the right hand of Himself(Acts 7:56)?...Did Jesus throw his voice to pretend someone else was speaking from heaven(Matthew 3:16-17)....lets go to Genesis 1..

Genesis 1:26

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

the Hebrew word for God from Isaiah 45:5 is the same word that is used here....'elohiym...'elohiym is a plural word...

Who is the "us" that God is referring to?

Evidence of the Trinity is all over the Bible....

Yeah i know i should have used the word scripture

ur drawing is interesting but um if god is all that the father the son the holy ghost then u can replace those three with god but if u do u'd have 3 lines that say god is not god lol

Jesus was also flesh on earth, Jesus the Lamb to be sacrificed can talk about God the Eternal Spirit... nothing weird in that...

U actually think they're STANDING? lol that's how u picture them? all in a row? lol
and why would Jesus throw his voice? u don't think God can be in two places at the same time? He's the alpha and the Omega and is in all things but can't be in heaven and on earth at the same time? (hence the us)

It'sjust a matter of timeline ...

BABYCUBY

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
18 1
Alleybux
Gino jennings is living in the 1st century, he is a biblical literist thats insane, funny i never hear him quote where slavery is legal in the bible. I wonder when his behind is gonna preach on how slaves should listen to thier masters and obey them. Ive watched the videos of this guy, id loe to test the iq of his congregation. Anyone that can listen to that type of insanity and hatred and believe thats the word of god and the god of love is crazy

authentic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 1
Alleybux
I would just like to say that not wearing make up or wearing clothes that don't reveal what i would look like naked has nothing to do with cult. I feel better myself without make up because hey that's me, take it or leave it, or in this case look or don't look, i don't need make up to make me feel beautiful. I don't need to hide my face under make up, i look stuning without it.
and as for clothes, in the 50s or 40s i think they had class and didn't need to show cleavage or they thighs to be classy. I can't even go back to wearign what i used to wear, i mean who are u to know what i look like naked? that's for me God and my husband to know. the shape of my thighs? nuh huh that's not for the world to know, the world doesn't feed me.

I'm glad there are some women out there who's brave enough to make that statement. What's missed in alot of churches is the emphasis on modesty; mainly because it's such a contraversial issue. However, the scriptures say that true adorning stems from the inward man (the Spirit), not the adorning of pearls, clothing, hair....(and all of that other earthly stuff). Once the heart is humble and modest towards God then the outward (physical) man will fall in place. The problem i find with churches like (Gino's, Tony Smith) is not that they are wrong for speaking up about modest apparel (that is biblical), but they don't allow God's grace to work on the individual. They use scare tactics to make the congregants comply. This is not so with the scriptures.

Though there are certain articles of clothing that no believer should wear (i.e. Miniskirt, Hot pants, blouses/shirts showing breasts), we need to be mind full that our personal preferences aren't becoming a stumbling block for someone else.

Damm

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,208 9 1
Alleybux
I hate to bump up such an old thread, but I was wondering did anybody have anything more to add about Gino Jennings? I have watched his sermons online and on tv, and I want to know how others feel about him. He has a church on Frankford Avenue, and I was thinking about attending a service, but I'm hesitant for some reason. Anybody want to share their opinions/experiences?

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,534 184 115
Alleybux
yep...i am amazed that he thinks that the Apocrypha is scripture...he seems like a cross between NOI and Apostolic with a dash of Judaism...the other thing that gave me pause was when his bible reader got happy and started speaking in tongues....to me, it sounded like he was clucking like a chicken...
I maybe mistaken, but the Bible has been updated many times. The Catholic church edited out things that was not conducive to them.

However, I am highly suspicious on a preacher who preaches about the lost books. That is a symptom of a cult.

For this reason, I would avoid him.

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,534 184 115
Alleybux
I have a problem with the "Lost Books" too. I read in Revelation that if someone adds or takes away from this book that they will receive a plague. (Rev 22:18-19) But someone pointed out to me that it says THIS BOOK meaning Revelation. I don't know. Supposedly the "LOST BOOKS" were in a Bible that he was exposed to when he was younger. I don't know about this either. Hope he is doing the right thing.

If anyone knows scripture that says you can't add to the Bible please post it. Thanks.
I maybe mistaken, but the Bible has been updated many times. The Catholic church edited out things that was not conducive to them.

However, I am highly suspicious on a preacher who preaches about the lost books. That is a symptom of a cult.

For this reason, I would avoid him

authentic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 1
Alleybux
I hate to bump up such an old thread, but I was wondering did anybody have anything more to add about Gino Jennings? I have watched his sermons online and on tv, and I want to know how others feel about him. He has a church on Frankford Avenue, and I was thinking about attending a service, but I'm hesitant for some reason. Anybody want to share their opinions/experiences?

-He teaches that you MUST speak in tounges in order to recieve the Holy Ghost. Therefore if you are baptized without the initial evidence of speaking in tongues then you are going to hell no matter how much your life bears the fruit of Christ. This teaching is NO WHERE found in scripture. Let me repeat NO WHERE!

-He doesn't believe that he can be voted out of his position since he is a God-sent Apostle. This has me leery because, it implies that there's no accountability as far as lifestyle or doctrine goes. So its no wonder why his church would be percieved as a cult.

-He preaches against greedy false prophets (and rightfully so), yet he does the exact samething as the false teachers when he misinterpret the scriptures to coerse the followers to tithe. I've heard quite a few sermons where he did a masterful job in rightly dividing the Old Covenant from the New Covenant. To where he concludes that we are no longer under the Law of Moses, rather we are under the Grace of Christ. So how then all of a sudden he conveniently cherry picks Malachi chapter 3 (Old testament) to guilt ride the people into giving?

-He's also overzealous when it comes to modest apparel. As i've said before, the Bible is explicit when it comes to shamefacedness, humility, and modesty. Don't misunderstand me....However, Gino preaches that if a woman is found with (make up, ear rings, sleeveless blouses, no headcovering..etc) that she's going to hell. Also men are forbidden from wearing shorts or Afros. Likewise, these are salvific issues.

These are things that he has stated in multiple sermons. I have DVDs and multitudes of saved sermons on my old computer. So, i'm certain of what i'm saying. I hope that he has altered his teachings regarding these issues, but the likelihood of that isn't positive.

I hope this helps...

Reaction score
Reactions
769 71 71
Alleybux

Hi Damm-

I have some info that you might be interested in. Tony Smith claims that he has received letters from Gino's members. And then Gino attacks Tony. They go back and forth.

Here's the info:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMAYfnlUP1c"]YouTube - Gino Jennings Adultery EXPOSED[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9AEGF8Uyz8"]YouTube - Pastor Gino Jennings: Tony Smith No Show[/ame]

veman96054

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,534 184 115
Alleybux
-He teaches that you MUST speak in tounges in order to recieve the Holy Ghost. Therefore if you are baptized without the initial evidence of speaking in tongues then you are going to hell no matter how much your life bears the fruit of Christ. This teaching is NO WHERE found in scripture. Let me repeat NO WHERE!

That can be faked. Hiii kooooo mmmaaannnytwb

Just typed in tongues

-He doesn't believe that he can be voted out of his position since he is a God-sent Apostle. This has me leery because, it implies that there's no accountability as far as lifestyle or doctrine goes. So its no wonder why his church would be percieved as a cult.

They falling for that one. Of course, folks will vote with thier feet and put nothing in the collection plate

-He preaches against greedy false prophets (and rightfully so), yet he does the exact samething as the false teachers when he misinterpret the scriptures to coerse the followers to tithe. I've heard quite a few sermons where he did a masterful job in rightly dividing the Old Covenant from the New Covenant. To where he concludes that we are no longer under the Law of Moses, rather we are under the Grace of Christ. So how then all of a sudden he conveniently cherry picks Malachi chapter 3 (Old testament) to guilt ride the people into giving?

What better way to keep them from calling you a PIMP. Point out the bad deeds that are worst then yours. Amateur ploy.

-He's also overzealous when it comes to modest apparel. As i've said before, the Bible is explicit when it comes to shamefacedness, humility, and modesty. Don't misunderstand me....However, Gino preaches that if a woman is found with (make up, ear rings, sleeveless blouses, no headcovering..etc) that she's going to hell. Also men are forbidden from wearing shorts or Afros. Likewise, these are salvific issues.

He is controlling them. Today extreme dress, tomorrow your occupation, and what you do for a living.

These are things that he has stated in multiple sermons. I have DVDs and multitudes of saved sermons on my old computer. So, i'm certain of what i'm saying. I hope that he has altered his teachings regarding these issues, but the likelihood of that isn't positive.

I hope this helps...

The man is crazy and is running a cult.
:shock:

Holy Moly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Ok - I am joining this conversation late but want to throw in my two cents...

I am not a member of First Church (Pastor Jennings' church) but I have watched him on TV for years. Here's my take on him...

1. He preaches the truth straight from the scriptures

2. Jennings absolutely does not hide from Oneness teaching. It is front and center of many of his teachings. I will address in a minute the falsehood of trinity. Whoever believes in trinity and does not repent is in jeopardy. I urge you to beware of traditions of men.

3. Jennings does quote from the "Apocrypha." The Revelation scripture mentioned in this thread pertains to Revelation. There is other scriptural reference warning of adding to or subtracting from the word... Deut 12:30-32; Deut 4:2; Gal 3:15; Prov 30:6. Please explain to me how these scriptures eliminate the "Apocrypha." Please note that "Apocrypha" is a term given to these books by a various councils of men. Most, if not all, of these books were written between 300 BC and 70 AD. These books were INCLUDED in the Septuagint and were then EXCLUDED by Saint Athanasius in 367 AD. So, who edited the word?

Personally, I do not consider the Apocrypha law, but various books are referenced in the canon (Jasher referenced in Joshua and Judges. Enoch is also referenced). As long as Apocryphal scripture does not contradict canon then it is fine to teach as it was ancient writings. Remember, many Apocryphal books were exlcuded solely because the content didn't add anything new that wasn't already covered in the canon. That is an important distinction from it being unholy. Are some of the books false? Sure. But, just like anything, the bad apples should not ruin the bunch.

4. Jennings preaches too angrily for my taste and has too many vendettas against other preachers. These are things Jennings certainly needs to repent about, pray on and get over. He gets fired up over trivial controversies when he should be preaching with love in all things. No man is perfect and this, above all, is Jennings' main problem. He has always been this way. Maybe it's because of the death threats and personal attacks. A defensive response is certainly understandable but he crosses the line sometimes. Tough love? Maybe. Just not my style. He's certainly not wrong with his message. I just have a different perspective on message delivery.

5. Jennings is somewhat legalistic. His church rules are strict. That does not make him a Nation of Islam imitator or wannabe. He preaches holiness. For someone to say Jennings has NOI tendencies shows that that person hasn't actually watched Jennings long enough to make an intelligent statement. How can someone profess Oneness one second and then be NOI the next? Oneness glorifies and exalts Jesus; NOI minimizes Him.

Regardless, Jennings has church rules that you may or may not like. Don't like them? Then don't sit with him. It's that simple. The fact is that he teaches the truth of the word. All of the other dress code stuff is not salvational. Oneness, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost is salvational. Get that wrong and I fear you get it all wrong.

6. Jennings does not believe women are called to preach and that has factual basis in scripture. It is clearly written...

First, the backdrop (Galatians 3:28) -- women are clearly identified separately from men. Therefore there is no need for different versions of the scripture to "fix" any gender bias. Do this at your peril and is another example of doctrine of men. Fit the scripture into your box instead of fit yourself into the scriptures box. Fools.

Now for the easy stuff.

1 Tim 2:12 -- "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Titus 1:6 -- speaking of qualifications for elders "...the husband of one wife"

There's more but you get the point. No women shall have power over the man. God is the head of man and man is head of the woman. Read 1 Cor 11.

7. Marriage and Divorce -- this is also clearly written. You are committing adultery if you divorce and have xes with another person, even if that person is another husband or wife. You are permitted to divorce if your spouse is an unbeliever and wants to leave. As a believer, you are not permitted to leave an unbelieving spouse (except if the spouse has committed adultery) as you are that spouse's chance at redemption. If you are divorced you are not to remarry unless the first spouse dies.

As suggested earlier, if you have been divorced prior to you eyes being open to this understanding, you have two choices... reconcile or abstinence. End of story. It is clearly written. Please do not change the scripture to fit your lifestyle or your beliefs. You must change your beliefs to fit the scripture. Otherwise, you are in jeopardy. I am not the judge but you make the choices for yourself and roll the dice as you will, so to speak. Hope it doesn't come up snake eyes for you.

Read Matthew 19:1-12, Matthew 5:31-32 and 1 Cor 7:15

8. Back to Oneness... GaryV in this board has some sort of grudge against Jennings that is pretty apparent. I don't care about that but is that grudge getting in the way of truth? Is GaryV sending a truthful message on this board or are your souls on his head? There is not a single scripture that professes trinity. Please don't quote something that requires some sort of interpretation. Also, do not cite words with ancient meanings and plurality. This is sinful and screams of doctrines of men.

Remember...

"If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart and with all thy soul. For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, nor is it far off" (Deut 30:10-11).

In other words, the word of God is written for our understanding. We can twist it and massage it to fit into our pre-conceived notions. That is what men do. Is that holy? Go back to the scripture about changing God's word above. Now it applies.

Please provide something as simple as this...

"I am my Father are one" (John 10:30)
"And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me" (John 12:45)
"Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58)
Read John 1:1-2 and then John 1:14

Is anything more clear? Isn't John writing of Oneness repeatedly himself? Twist the words you want to twist but I urge you to simply read the words on the page.

Why was the Comforter not to come until Jesus' ascension? Because, as He told the apostles, there was no need for it when He was there with them. Just like fasting. Read all the scriptures, not just bits and pieces and the meaning becomes clear. As written and cited above -- the scriptures are written for understanding. There is nothing hidden.

Oh, and the "us" in Genesis 1:26... does anyone know what that means? God mentions repeatedly that not all things are meant for our understanding. But is it not just as easily possible that God is speaking to the angels? It has been suggested that he is speaking to Jesus therefore proving the Trinity. I say that it is just as possible that he is speaking to his angels who are also images of men (as it is written). Look at Job 38:4-7. "The sons of God shouted for joy" when the foundations of the earth were laid. Colossians 1:16-17 states that all things both in heaven and earth were created by God. Therefore, God had to have created the angels. Did he create them when he created the heavens in Genesis? Is that feasible? Sure it is. The reality is that none of us know for sure unless you claim to have heard it from the Lord directly. If that's not the case, then let's move on from that one and go to scripture that is clearly written for our understanding. I have provided a handful of verses that prove Oneness doctrine. I can easily provide dozens more if you would like.

Lastly...

As I said, I am no judge. I do not have anything against anyone with a different opinion than me. If I am wrong then I seek understanding and will immediately repent and admit my mistakes. I just read the words on the page. I do not follow any one preacher, church, university man. I follow the scripture... 100%. I am not successful in living by the scripture 100% of the time but I believe the scripture is 100% truth. No twisting and interpretation or Hebrew lookups are necessary. This behavior is modern day Pharisee-type action.

Read the word. follow the truth, repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins so that you may receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation.

God bless you all and may your understanding be opened. We shall pray for wisdom of truth, awareness of our thoughts and actions and strength to be holy.\

Holy Moly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Two more things...

1. Black Machismo asks if Jesus can sit on the right hand of himself. The right hand is power. So the answer to his question is, "Yes"

2. Machismo also states that nowhere is it written that one must speak in tongues. Read Acts 2:38 and then read Acts 10:44-48. Acts 2:38 speaks of the plan of salvation and Acts 10:44-48 shows what the gift of the Holy Spirit entails... that would be speaking in tongues.

Also, read Mark 16:16-17. Nevermind, I will type it here. These are the words of Lord Jesus... "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues."

Speaking in tongues is a long topic by itself as it means gift of Holy Spirit on one hand and speaking another language on the other. This is why reading all the scripture is important so that you get full context.

Similar to making judgements on a conversation when you walk in and hear just a piece of it. It's impossible to get the correct meaning of any topic if you don't know all the facts. So, I encourage everyone to read the full scripture, not just a verse here and there. This is the trick of false prophets.

God bless us all. May our understanding be opened through honest reading of His word. May we seek Him with all our hearts, minds and souls.

Holy Moly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Still not done...

Those that follow the Trinity, I pray that you are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and not in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

What is the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

What is the purpose of baptism?

What did Jesus die for?

What did the people that heard Jesus say those words in Matthew 28:19 do? What did Peter do? How did he baptize? What did he tell the people on the day of Pentecost? What did his words and actions show? He was there with Jesus -- a first person account. Should we not listen to him? Wouldn't he know what Jesus meant with the Great Commission? Wasn't the Great Commission spoken directly to Peter?

Are you saying that your "interpretation" of Jesus' words is more holy than Peter's? Or Paul's?

Please don't change the scriptures to fit your bible school doctrine. Don't change the scriptures to fit what you've learned from men. Change yourself to fit the Word. Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ so that you have the chance to be saved.

Don't be foolish and argue with the Word. It is clear.

The history of mankind shows man propping themselves up as gods. Masters of our destinies. Always in control. Teaching the ways of righteousness as we see fit. Fools.

It is your choice... the will of God or the doctrine of men. I pray you choose wisely.

GaryV

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,730 3
Alleybux
Oh good grief........

1. Is Jesus His own Father?
  2. If Jesus' will and the Father's will were identical, then why did Jesus express the desire to escape the cup but resigns Himself not to His own will, but the will of the Father? Jesus says "Not MY will but THY WILL be done." He makes a DISTINCTION between HIS will and the Father's will. Is God a schizophrenic?? He is if you're Onenness.
  3. Was Jesus praying to Himself in the Garden of Gethsemane?
  4. If Jesus was praying to the divine side of Himself, then isn't He still praying to Himself? Of course He is. Did He answer Himself?? Again, a schizophrenic God who not only talks to Himself, He answers Himself. Better YET, He answered Himself "NO"!! Jesus asked that the cup of suffering to PASS FROM HIM, and the Father obviously answered "NO" because Jesus SUFFERED. Jesus DENIED HIS OWN REQUEST. Again, schizoid.
  5. Why was Jesus not saying, "Not My will, but MY will be done?" if there is only one person and one will involved when He was praying in Luke 22:42 & Matt. 26:39. I'll put my version of the Oneness translation of Jn 17 here to illustrate tyhe ridiculous nature of this heresy.
  6. If baptism is essential for salvation, then what happens to someone who repents of sin, accepts Jesus as Savior, walks across the street to get baptized but is killed by a car. Does he go to heaven or hell?
    1. If he goes to heaven, then baptism isn't a requirement is it?
    2. If he goes to hell, then faith in Christ isn't sufficient to save him is it?
  7. Since the Bible teaches us that Jesus is in BODILY form RIGHT NOW (Col. 2:9), then how does the Oneness Pentecostal person maintain that God is in the form of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit doesn't have a body, but Jesus does RIGHT NOW. Hmmmmm. Also, when Jesus returns, will He return in His body? The BIBLE says HE will return EXACTLY as He left.......BODILY. Will God's form then revert to the form of the Son at a later date?Is He like Superman, running for a phonebooth to change costumes??
  8. If God is only one person, why did Jesus say in John 14:23, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." If God is only one person, why does Jesus say, "we"?
  9. Oneness theology teaches that God was in the mode of the Father in the Old Testament. God was seen in the OT (not as a vision or a dream or an angel in the following verses: Exo. 6:2-3; Gen. 19:24; Num. 12:6-8). But, Jesus said no one has seen the Father (John 6:46). If they were seeing God Almighty (Exo. 6:2-3) but it wasn't the Father, then who was it?

GaryV

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,730 3
Alleybux
Oh, I promised that I would display the fallacy of Oneness by showing what their doctrine does to passages like John 17 (among MANY others). Remember, Oneness teaches that there is no Trinity. There is only Jesus pretending to be the Father and the Spirit and lying to us about it by claiming that the non-existent Father and Spirit bear witness to Him...........which can't be true since they are only Jesus in disguise.

Here is what Jn 17 MUST read if Oneness is true. Here is a link to Jn 17.. Please read it FIRST.John 17 KJV

Jesus is talking to Himself according to you, right? well here ya go. Ready??

Jn 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Me, the hour is come; glorify Me, that I also may glorify Me: (Does that make sense to ANYBODY except a Oneness dude??)

2 As I hast given Myself power over all flesh, that I should give eternal life to as many as I hast given Myself.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know Me the only true God, and Me, whom I hast sent. (Errrr.......OK)

4 I have glorified Me on the earth: I have finished the work which I gavest myself to do. (Jesus sure gives Himself a lot of stuff. Since everything in Creation is His, why does He give Himself stuff He already has??)

5 And now, O Me, glorify Me with Mine own self with the glory which I had with Myself before the world was. (Jesus is asking Himself to glorify Himself with His own Self which He had with Himself?? Riiiiiight)

6 I have manifested My name unto the men which I gavest to Me out of the world: Mine they were, and I gavest them to Me; and they have kept My word.(There He goes giving Himself stuff again. Jesus doesn't seem to share well with others)

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever I hast given Me are of Me. (He didn't know BEFORE this that all the stuff He keeps giving Himself came from Himself?? I mean, if I give myself an ice cream cone, I pretty much know right away that I did it))

8 For I have given unto them the words which I gavest Me; and they have received [them], and have known surely that I came out from Myself, and they have believed that I didst send Me. (I wonder what the Apostles thought when Jesus supposedly told them that He came from Himself and that He sent Himself after giving Himself all this stuff which He didn't know He gave Himself until just now?)

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which I hast given Me; for they are Mine. (I guess they WOULD be His, since they were His to begin with but for some reason He gave them back to Himself again).

10 (I just LOVE this one) And all Mine are Mine, and Mine are Mine; and I am glorified in them. (His are His and His are His...... instead of Mine are thine and thine are mine, because He's talking to Himself in OnenessLand. Oh yeah, that's MUCH better)

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to Me.(How do you come to yourself?? Personally, I never leave myself. Do you??) Holy Me, keep through Mine own name those whom I hast given Me, that they may be one, as Me [are].

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in My name: those that I gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. (Still giving Himself stuff)

13 And now I come to Me (AGAIN?? I gotta see how He does that); and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them My word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that I shouldest take them out of the world, but that I shouldest keep them from the evil. (Why is He praying to Himself and asking Himself to do stuff?? Do you ask yourself permission to do things too?)

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through My truth: My word is truth.

18 As I hast sent Me into the world (He sends Himself away from Himself, then He comes back to Himself. He really gets around. But He never really gets anywhere, since you can't leave yourself to begin with), even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21(Another good one coming up here) That they all may be one; as I, Me art in Me, and Me in Me, that they also may be one in Me: that the world may believe that I hast sent Me. (Jesus wants us to know that He is in Himself so that we can know that He sent Himself. OK, I'm getting a headache.)

22 And the glory which I gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as I are one: (Still giving Himself stuff HE already has.Jesus is the ultimate re-gifter.)

23 I in them, and Me in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that I hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as I hast loved Me.(He really loves Himself some Himself, don't He??)

24 Me (Still talking to Himself) , I will that they also, whom I hast given Me (Still giving Himself stuff HE already has), be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which I hast given Me: for I lovedst Myself before the foundation of the world. (OK. You love You some You. We get it)

25 O righteous Me, the world hath not known Me: but I have known Me (Thank goodness for that), and these have known that I hast sent Myself.

26 And I have declared unto them My name, and will declare [it]: that the love wherewith I hast loved Myself (There He goes again) may be in them, and I in them.

There ya go folks...........the Oneness Jesus on display. Let me know if you want me to go on, because there are literally thousands of verses of Scripture destroyed in this manner by adhering to this heresy.

GaryV

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,730 3
Alleybux
Here is another one of my favorites..........Jesus throwing His voice like a cheap Vegas ventriloquist, then lying about it by claiming its the Father validating His ministry.

Matthew 3:16-17 (New International Version)

16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

See, since there IS only Jesus, then He HAD to have thrown His voice. There IS no Father in Heaven to SPEAK at this point according to Oneness. Which makes Jesus a deceiver, since he let the folks there believe the voice came from Heaven and not from Himself through trickery.

But wait!! Jesus isn't through with His magic act because He threw His voice later on the Mo8unt of Transfiguration and AGAIN deceived the disciples by allowing them to believe it was from Heaven and not just a cheap parlor trick of throwing His own voice.

After six days Jesus took with Him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.

2 There He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.

3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased. Listen to Him!”(How can Jesus be His own Son?? Is the voice lying??)

6 When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground, terrified. (I wonder why they were afraid?? It was just Jesus throwing His voice according to Oneness).

7 But Jesus came and touched them. He said, “Get up. Don’t be afraid.” 8 When they looked up they saw no one except Jesus.

I could go on all night.

GaryV

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,730 3
Alleybux
gary you could go on all night...but nobody cares...

:dunno:

Yet another sample of the intellectual vacuum which is XXX. I bet Captain Oneness cares. I bet those who adhere to the historic faith care. We just don't care that you don't care. Who are you?? Yup,nobody cares.

Birthday_Cake

Cum And Put Ur Name On It
Reaction score
Reactions
46,473 23 15
Alleybux
Yet another sample of the intellectual vacuum which is XXX. I bet Captain Oneness cares. I bet those who adhere to the historic faith care. We just don't care that you don't care. Who are you?? Yup,nobody cares.

you seem pressed....

by the way. was that you not caring about what i said about jesus not existing in the other thread? were your feelings hurt?

GaryV

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,730 3
Alleybux

you seem pressed....

by the way. was that you not caring about what i said about jesus not existing in the other thread? were your feelings hurt?

No credible historian would back that claim, so no. If Christ didn't exist, neither did Julius Caesar,since the evidence for Christ outstrips the evidence for Caesar a thousandfold.

But that would require you to be honest and consistent. We can't have THAT.

Holy Moly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
GaryV, let's deal with the "oneness" and "trinitarian" labels later because, truthfully, I don't care about the brands or whatever we call ourselves.

Let's address the core of the matter first...

Do you believe that baptism is required?

"Yes" or "no" is fine for now.

Birthday_Cake

Cum And Put Ur Name On It
Reaction score
Reactions
46,473 23 15
Alleybux
since the evidence for Christ outstrips the evidence for Caesar a thousandfold.

:shock:

gary...you CANNOT be serious........there's no way you're serious.....

GaryV

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,730 3
Alleybux
GaryV, let's deal with the "oneness" and "trinitarian" labels later because, truthfully, I don't care about the brands or whatever we call ourselves.

Let's address the core of the matter first...

Do you believe that baptism is required?

"Yes" or "no" is fine for now.

Let's not. You called me out. Answer the posts I've written. We never even broached baptism. And it's not even close to the core of the issue

Some Chick

<span style="font-style: italic;text-decoration: u
Reaction score
Reactions
1,486 4
Alleybux
OT: Just a little bit.

However, since we are talking about baptism and the trinity, I was always perplexed by something that this one pastor did during baptism.

Please help me to understand and I am not being facetious, I really want an answer.

This particular pastor would take the baptism candidates down twice. Once for the Father, Son, Holy Spirit and the second time in Jesus name. He said he wasn't sure who is right so he does both. This always baffled me.

Anyone want a shot at this? I asked him once about the double dipping and he ignored me. He ignored any Bible based questions that I asked but loved to gossip about folks and talk about himself. I had the sneaking suspicion that he didn't know the Bible and was just faking the funk. Mind you, he has been in the ministry for decades.

Holy Moly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi GaryV. You broached the baptism topic when you asked if a person would be saved if they had repented and were walking across the street to be baptized and got hit by a car and killed?

So my follow up question is simple... Do you believe baptism is required for salvation?

This will all come together later. We must form a basis of understanding or some sort of common ground to start from first.

The readers of this board deserve your answer. You are the one professing your doctrine to loyal readers that believe what you say. One of us will be turned to the truth by the time this is done. If not, one of us will pay the ultimate price. We both can't be right and we both can't be saved if one of us gets the core of it wrong.

I pray you help me if I am misunderstanding. For now, let us know if you believe baptism is required for salvation. "Yes" or "No" is all we need to get started.

Holy Moly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Chile -- sitting under that pastor seems dangerous. If the person was baptized in the name of Jesus separately and finally then, technically, the act of baptism is fulfilled. The problem is that baptism does not send someone to the kingdom of God by itself. Repentance is of the heart and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is based on that. If the pastor preaches false doctrine then the Lord may not even know him or those that sit under him if their hearts follow the pastor and not the scripture (Matt 7:22-24). I would say that if someone was "double-dunked" then the baptism of the heart is not true and repentance has not truly occurred. We must do all in word and deed in the name of Lord Jesus (Col 3:17). Covering all your bases is not an option and is Pharisee-ical in mentality. We cannot be bold (as we are commanded) if our heart is confused.

Those people should study the scripture, believe in Jesus, love Him and be baptized in Jesus' name and Jesus' name only, with all boldness and conviction of heart.

GaryV and I agree on one thing for sure -- Know the scriptures for yourself. To do that we must read them. How many of us actually do? How can we know God if we are not with God. In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God (John 1:1). Blindly believing in men (whether it be me, GaryV, Pastor Jennings or any other man) without questioning that man based on the word of God is being careless with your soul.

N2Truth2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,665 19 40
Alleybux
I'm very familiar with his teachings. Attended a few services when he came to my area, by which i met him personally. Very pleasant and respectable in person. I have a great deal of respect for him compared to the prosperity pimps out here. However, I'm quite concerned with him compiling the so-called Lost Books with the original Canon. This is one issue along with a few of the other things that he preaches.
I believe the Bible was written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit Of God. I believe every word in the Bible is truly written, but I don't believe every word is a statement of truth.

Also, I believe there were other God-inspired books written that were not included in what we now know as The Bible.