Quantcast

Anyone Going To Germany For Their Masters?

DaPretty One

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,115 663 184
Alleybux
Has anyone studied abroad? I'm thinking about Berlin but open to suggestions . My masters will be in business administration or international business.

Leapfrog

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,388 2,259 1,935
Alleybux
You'd be better off doing a study abroad. I think American degrees are some of the few that are considered valid in most countries.

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,488 20,156 17,407
Alleybux
Thought about doctoral studies in Germany but...unless you're planning to stay in Europe they won't mean much in the USA.

Plus Germany requires too damned much of international students.

Tuition is free but the red tape keeps many away. Best to go there for a job then get admitted to uni.

Computina

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,561 1,439 391
Alleybux
Thought about doctoral studies in Germany but...unless you're planning to stay in Europe they won't mean much in the USA.

Plus Germany requires too damned much of international students.

Tuition is free but the red tape keeps many away. Best to go there for a job then get admitted to uni.

What's the red tape? I'm applying to uni there

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,488 20,156 17,407
Alleybux
What's the red tape? I'm applying to uni there
You're required to have at least about $10,000 in a German bank account to show you won't be indigent and can cover the costs of living there for one year. Most American students can't do that so they get the work visa because its easier then stay longer to attend the university...the change-over is easier.

There's some other nuisance with health insurance as well for international students...if you know these rules to have changed since 2016 let us know.

Its not as easy to attend as a foreign student as Americans think. Its a bit easier for EU students and asylum seekers too.

You might want to consider The Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Austria. If you're a black person I'd avoid Eastern Europe all together. In fact I'd avoid Germany until they get a handle on the Muslim radicals they let in. Germany is Little Iraq right now...Its a hard pass for me, just not as safe as it was before Merkie let those nasty people in.

Fluffy_Corleone

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,942 2,645 2,567
Alleybux
You're required to have at least about $10,000 in a German bank account to show you won't be indigent and can cover the costs of living there for one year. Most American students can't do that so they get the work visa because its easier then stay longer to attend the university...the change-over is easier.

There's some other nuisance with health insurance as well for international students...if you know these rules to have changed since 2016 let us know.

Its not as easy to attend as a foreign student as Americans think. Its a bit easier for EU students and asylum seekers too.

You might want to consider The Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Austria. If you're a black person I'd avoid Eastern Europe all together. In fact I'd avoid Germany until they get a handle on the Muslim radicals they let in. Germany is Little Iraq right now...Its a hard pass for me, just not as safe as it was before Merkie let those nasty people in.

2021. Same advice still applies?

Also what do you know about Switzerland?