Quantcast

Anything for Selena Podcast: Selena and Chris episode

EBatiste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,587 5,475 180
Alleybux
I only tuned into this episode but the Podcast is really well done. It’s done by a journalist that took a year to deep dive into Selena’s life. She went out to Joshua Tree to interview Chris while he was out there for Selena’s Anniversary.

Usually these interviews are all the same but it seems she made him more comfortable so he was a little more candid and told a few new details.

- Selena was also dating right before they got together. The trip where Chris and her were flirting on the plane ride back home. The guy she was dating actually had flown out to meet with Selena’s parents to officially ask to date/court her. The band and everyone were asked to join them at dinner to run interference so Abraham wouldnt be a total ass. Chris said the guy flew back the next day before them and that’s when him and Selena started flirting lmao. Chris has always told the story from the perspective of him having a girlfriend while on the trip, but this was the first time he let anyone know Selena was also seeing someone.

- Chris said he doesn’t agree with keeping so many parts of Selena’s life from the public and just giving some sanitized version of it. He said the fans want to know more of her and everyone has different sides of themselves that makes up the complete person.

- He talked a little about how she would have complete crying meltdowns from stress, especially right before the crossover album and all he could do was try to console her and let her know he was there. Chris said a good portion of her stress during that time was 100% worrying about her family and having to leave them behind. SMH.

- it’s a Spanish artist that he said was Selena’s all time favorite and that is what he’ll listen to if he wants to feel her presence, not so much listening to Selena’s songs.

Illyria

Madam Marilyn DeVille
Reaction score
Reactions
54,121 1,764 975
Alleybux
Can't believe she would have been 50 today. Could've had grandkids by now smh. I feel for Chris so much.

Btw thanks for the cliffs, OP!

nita7232012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,421 1,214 333
Alleybux
I listened to this a few weeks ago and it was very well done. I really enjoy hearing about other cultures and the podcaster didn’t shy away from talking about body image in the mainstream and how black women always embraced their size

EBatiste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,587 5,475 180
Alleybux
I listened to this a few weeks ago and it was very well done. I really enjoy hearing about other cultures and the podcaster didn’t shy away from talking about body image in the mainstream and how black women always embraced their size

It really was very well done. I’m going back and listening to the rest of the episodes after hearing the Chris Perez one.