586d36df0896229023b684c1_GettyImages-185499003.jpg

Out there looking like a bad b...sh!t is crazy! LOL

Jessica Mur

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,184 7,432 1,378
Alleybux
Yes. All of the feminine black men I know were raised by their mothers.

ETA:

Im speaking on my experiences and what I’ve seen. I never believed a woman could raise a man. The men who grew up raised by their mothers are spoiled, coddled, and overly emotional. Oh and they also expect their women to be providers just like how their mother was.

ETA, again:

I keep getting quoted....

People really underestimate how important a good strong father is. I believe a lot of black women are labeled masculine because black mothers work to bring home the bacon, have to cook that bacon, take care of the kids that they didn’t create by themselves, expected to still look fine and in shape while doing every damn thing, cleaning, protecting black men, etc.

A lot of black mothers don’t have the luxury of focusing on themselves. They don’t get the opportunity to be soft and feminine because they are the back bone of the community.

Also a lot of black women feel comfortable taking care of black men financially because that’s what a lot of them saw growing up. Either that or they fed into that “ride or die, build with your man” mindset that the black community pushes. If a black woman wants to be taken care of, we are labeled gold diggers or told we should split bills due to equality, or we are demanded to be drop dead gorgeous with multiple degrees, our own house, etc.

Bruh, when women have the same physical strength as men and men can give birth too, split breastfeeding, then we can go half on bills. We were not designed to be equal.

Also, a lot of black women did not see their dads being providers. I know I didn’t as well as my friends. A lot didn’t get to experience what a real man is suppose to be like. We didn’t see our dads loving us or building our self esteem because he wasn’t around. A lot of black women do not know their worth, this is why a confident black woman who makes demands gets the side eye from the black community especially low self esteem women. We are told to settle..

I believe a lack of a strong good dad is why so many suffer from low self esteem and give their bodies away easily. Looking for love in wrong places, once they end up pregnant many believe that that baby will give them the unconditional love they always wanted. If the baby is a boy, lookout...he will be spoiled rotten. He will be the man that that woman never had. Not only that but moms love their sons, while dads worship their daughters.

Gender roles have been reversed. A lot of these men want to be spoiled by their woman and provided for because that’s what their mothers did for them.

Not only that but I believe that there are a lot of men who are simply jealous of women. I know a dude who is on a sugar mama website as I type this, looking for a sponsor. This same man constantly pushes the 50/50 lifestyle, has no issues asking women for money, hates women like Cardi for being so xesual, hates gold diggers etc.

He says he only dates strong independent women yet he secretly wants to be a spoiled baddie -_-

If a man gets a woman pregnant, I feel he should stick around regardless of the relationship title. I don’t care if it’s a hookup, just be involved to break the cycle. But so many men are selfish, they feel if they didn’t want the baby, they have right to not be involved. If you didn’t want to father a child with a particular woman, be more selective with who you stick it in.

Last edited:

AI Boyfriend

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
106,765 6,798 5,940
Alleybux
What do you mean by "Becoming" because a certain amount of Black men have been dancing feminine and rocking handbags for decades...it ain't just start when you were born and noticed some men dong it.

Bianca Storm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,936 1,196 715
Alleybux
Men should be allowed to express themselves in their own personal, unique ways without it being some fearmongering “the gays are taking over” sh!t. Black men included. If a black man wants to wear pink, so be it, why is it such a problem if he’s not harming anyone?

HHH112233

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,353 1,322 1,199
Alleybux
Men in general are being feminized because it means more products you can sell them, women purchase over 80% of all things on sale so they're trying to make men spend more. It's social engineering and it's very calculated.

It's why we see the rise of transgenders too, more money for plastic surgery and pharmaceutical companies that sell hormones and stuff like that.

WinnieThePooh

Piglet
Reaction score
Reactions
28,586 41 13
Alleybux
no... are a lot of black men(like yourself) homophobic and obsessed with this idea that not being a hyper masculine misogynist makes you gay. yes.

these people are just being themselves and having a good time. and your first thought is "they're becoming feminine and gay" sad.

GoldDiamonds

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,360 1,972 1,409
Alleybux
Nope, yall said let people be who they want to be and mind our business. Until its your own man of course. I hate shea butter twitter. They love the gays and hate black men at all cost.

Rolonda

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,595 188 70
Alleybux
Yes. All of the feminine black men I know were raised by their mothers.
I don't find this accurate. I personally know a couple of feminine black guys who had fathers in their presence. I do, in my opinion, find that men who were raised by their mothers have LOTS of "baby mamas." Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

mithras

facts not feelings
Reaction score
Reactions
78,955 4,761 3,693
Alleybux
the current process of emasculating black males started back in the late 90's so its not new. they started attacking our music first, then moved into fashion. anybody remember the rise of the metro xesual? didnt last long but it morphed into what we're seeing today. my brother met with an a n r guy at a record company a few years back and this ass straight up told him he expected xesual favours no matter how good he is. i was ready to go up there and have a few strong words with him my damm self when i heard that. as black males we have to realize whats going on and stop falling for this absolute foolishness. they clearly want us to be as weak as possible. that said, the dude twerking was probably just fµck!ng around and if pharell wants to carry his lil handbag i really dont have too huge of a problem with it, because thats probably just his own personal sense of fashion. would i do it? absolutely not but i still think he's a pure genius

@Bianca Storm what is it ur disagreeing with?

Last edited:

Mikyoko

Food Alchemist
Reaction score
Reactions
33,860 1,885 1,451
Alleybux
Yes and no.
Just like how women are supposed to be feminine and some aren't.
Same with men, there's a lot of gender stereo types.

I want a more manly man but what does that mean? I guess I want a man that doesn't remind me of how a woman is supposed to act.

CarmenBella

Wu Tang is for the Children
Reaction score
Reactions
110,173 10,713 16,963
Alleybux
Not just Black men, ALL men are becoming to feminine. This is probably because many of them are raised by single mothers.

Last edited:

LivingKarma

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,755 3,534 2,707
Alleybux
Twerking:

ezgif-6-18002f6dba23.gif

Handbag:

586d36df0896229023b684c1_GettyImages-185499003.jpg

Out there looking like a bad b...sh!t is crazy! LOL

The first video is clearly a man making fun of how women are.
He's not really throwing it back like he means it.

And to purses and masculines being feminine- I'm not with the "agenda" being pushed but clothing items are unisex and women shouldn't be threatened by men exhibiting feminine traits.

We are all both masculine and feminine.
Black people have to stop being threatened or repulsed by all spectrums and shades of male behavior.

Brenda Chenowith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,032 6,478 8,804
Alleybux
If dance moves and handbags is what you centre in femininity, what is it to you? As in, what do you stand to gain if black men only danced with their torso and carried backpacks? These threads are weird.

Last edited:

S91Reign

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,957 581 696
Alleybux
I saw this over 10 years ago.

Yes, the reverse roles on gender, with dating/courting and alladat. There are men who are jealous of women being wined and dined, or "kept". There are men who are jealous of the attention women get from men, and men writing think pieces on Megan/Cardi song, Lori Harvey's dating life, and even fixated on women's hair. It's too much for me.

Reaction score
Reactions
14,405 414 380
Alleybux
It's false masculinity. Outside of a few, history has shown that black men never protected their people, their land, they sold their own people into slavery, never loyal, always for themselves, corrupt, abandoned families, no sacrifice for the greater good, etc.

The community overstates how "masculine" black men are or were. Marcus Garvey, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X were anomalies.

Also, where has black masculinity gotten us...nothing...I don't want to give this example but this is not Asian or white men fighting for land so their people can live comfortably.

I'm laughing at this black masculinity stuff. It's costume jewelry for black men. It's not real masculinity. It's created broken households, out of wedlock children, gangs, killing children, single motherhood, etc.

Last edited:

S91Reign

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,957 581 696
Alleybux
I have never seen a straight man with a purse though or anything looking like a purse...

Some of these men look gay/bi to be fair. I still stand by what I said though in general men are feminine, and black men are especially coddled by the black community.. to be protected and not held liable for most of anything. I will say that's been slowly changing.

Brenda Chenowith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,032 6,478 8,804
Alleybux
Yes, the reverse roles on gender, with dating/courting and alladat. There are men who are jealous of women being wined and dined, or "kept". There are men who are jealous of the attention women get from men, and men writing think pieces on Megan/Cardi song, Lori Harvey's dating life, and even fixated on women's hair. It's too much for me.

now how does this relate to yellow handbags? We seem to be conflating issues in this thread.

AnnStPatrick

Wife of James St. Patrick✨
Reaction score
Reactions
33,584 2,971 3,393
Alleybux
All men are becoming to feminine. This is probably because many of them are raised by single mothers.
It has more to do with the equality movement.

Why is it hard for people to see that everything has an advantage and a disadvantage.

Men raised by single mothers in the 50s were not acting “feminine” because then men were expected to provide.

In the western world today, many men are embracing equality as a tool to be what most women call ‘‘lazy’’

Men in this generation are enjoying life more than their father's could have ever done because they no longer feel responsible for any life that isn't theirs.