Quantcast

Are Men More Romantic Than Women?

shinyapple

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,158 123 160
Alleybux
I've read conversations between men arguing that women only want them for babies and for what they can provide.

The argument from what I gather is they were sold the bill of chivalry based on a beautiful (the real tradeoff but lets hold on that) “princess” and that if they do these things they will win her undying love and adoration.

This would explain why the “Nice Guys” are so extremely bitter when they learn that if they hold the door for you or buy dinner, they are not guaranteed pu**y. :disdain: ok

They say a woman’s love and loyalty is conditional upon what they can provide

I need grown women’s perspective because in my pov, myself included, when you’re young you and your hormones don’t know sh!t about life to be saying something is actual love versus infatuation.

JaredsOmbre

Dark.Obsidian
Reaction score
Reactions
29,959 565 445
Alleybux
Nah it all depends on the individual. Neither gender is automatically better or worse at anything, it's all down to the person.
I'm very romantic but I'm not maternal just like my mum.. my dad on the other hand is GREAT with kids and very paternal but he hasn't got a romantic bone in his body, they've been married for 30+ years but he hardly does anything romantic for her on his own unless my mum hints at it. It's not like he doesn't WANT to be romantic.. he just ISNT.

Blue_Moon

south Londons finest
Reaction score
Reactions
185 14 8
Alleybux
hell yeah, we probably made the word romantic up

shinyapple

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,158 123 160
Alleybux
hell yeah, we probably made the word romantic up

ok explain

why is it more likely for man to truly be in love than a woman when in society all the flowery love stuff is pegged on women

Reaction score
Reactions
1,056 32 3
Alleybux
Hell no...men are romantic when they want something. Women are romantic because we just are lol

DottieHinkle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
482,826 19,208 18,724
Alleybux
I've read conversations between men arguing that women only want them for babies and for what they can provide.

Having seen numerous topics on here, from women, regarding these types of topics, I can't say that I disagree. Of course, not all or even most women fall into this category, but many do.

Blue_Moon

south Londons finest
Reaction score
Reactions
185 14 8
Alleybux
ok explain

why is it more likely for man to truly be in love than a woman when in society all the flowery love stuff is pegged on women

Because we have written more love poems than women looool. We men are supposed to take the lead and are supposed to be romantic. This is a process of hundreds of years.

shinyapple

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,158 123 160
Alleybux
Because we have written more love poems than women looool. We men are supposed to take the lead and are supposed to be romantic. This is a process of hundreds of years.

No this isn't what I'm talking. This is just a convention. I'm talking about the intent. Men have said they truly fall in love with women but women never truly love men. They can feel affection for them but women's idea of love is contingent on the man's usefulness.

I feel like at least in lower class when everyone's truly broke, love is real because the struggle is real and when you do it together you bond in an intimate human way.

But say a woman is not broke and there are two men. One poor one rich. Both handsome, both kind, both with compatible personalities with her. Who is she more likely to love?

Personally I don't see how this is different from some fool falling in love with a sleeping princess because she is so beautiful or how some men think they love u because u take care of them but once you have an argument, the pillow talk with someone they cheat with bc "you're not there for them anymore"

This whole world is based on your usefulness and true love between souls is rare and not dependent on these factors.

Queen of Cups

LSA's Friendly Pen Pal
Reaction score
Reactions
26,713 588 312
Alleybux
Are men more romantic than women? Hell no. IMPOSSIBLE. It's born AND bred in our genes.

honeyG

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,825 8 3
Alleybux
People are individuals who express love and affection differently. I don't think it's based on gender.

IMO, "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman buckets the different types very well.

For me to feel love, I require physical acts to be done for me. I think a guy building a bookcase for me when he sees my overflowing stacks is romantic. Getting something he made or did with his own hands is incredibly romantic to me. Honestly? Getting gifts of jewelry is almost never a turn-on, for me ( now, don't get crazy and think I'm saying it's a turn-off, lol ).

So, i've known some guys who "spoke" my love languages and some who needed a translator and a phrasebook and still didn't get it right :ptongue:

Cal Bear

City of San Diego
Reaction score
Reactions
84,188 2,918 1,707
Alleybux
I don't agree.

I think it's safe to say that ALL women would prefer to have a man that could provide for us and some of us seek a man for that sole reason. However, I think most women merely seek a man for companionship and love and it shows in our actions. We're more loyal. More attached. More willing to settle. Etc.

Cal Bear

City of San Diego
Reaction score
Reactions
84,188 2,918 1,707
Alleybux

The argument from what I gather is they were sold the bill of chivalry based on a beautiful (the real tradeoff but lets hold on that) “princess” and that if they do these things they will win her undying love and adoration.

This would explain why the “Nice Guys” are so extremely bitter when they learn that if they hold the door for you or buy dinner, they are not guaranteed pu**y. :disdain: ok

I need grown women’s perspective because in my pov, myself included, when you’re young you and your hormones don’t know sh!t about life to be saying something is actual love versus infatuation.

And this is why I feel men are more superficial when it comes to finding a partner than women are. A lot of women will settle for a man that makes equal or less than her, but I don't think too many men are willing to settle for a woman they don't find pretty enough.

Easy Red

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,302 103 60
Alleybux

I think that's...an incredibly misogynistic and terribly reductive way of saying things. You can't reduce women to only wanting men for babies and resources, without reducing men to only wanting to impregnate as many women as possible to pass on their genes.

That aside, I think there is truth to that statement. Emotions are conditional. The notion of unconditional love is a joke. Relationships don't work based off of idealized notions of unconditional love. They are successful based off respect, dedication, compassion and compromise. What it takes to elicit those emotions from different people varies. It would be a lie to say that some women aren't motivated entirely by what a man can provide them, because some women are.

However, all women certainly are not. One of the reasons why the statement is reductive is because women are not automatically attracted to a man simply because he is a provider. Women are far less complex than most men give them credit for yes...but they are not that one dimensional. Women want to feel safe and secure, both physically and emotionally, and a man having resources doesn't guarantee that. At all. This is the reason why broke men everywhere are still in the game; despite not having a lot of resources, they can provide emotional and physical security.

That's part of what bothers me about self-proclaimed "Nice guys". A guy doesn't have to be the wealthiest, best dressed, most athletic, baddest guy around to get an attractive woman who has some common sense. He just has to be able to make a woman feel secure.

The problem is that "Nice guys" make it a habit to lust after insecure women. These guys constantly chase after women who are obsessed with men that don't respect them. Yet they want to criticize these women for their taste in men, without acknowledging the fact that they themselves have terrible taste in women. Being a self described "Nice Guy" is just asking for a woman's pity, which is the mentality of a loser. They want to guilt women into liking them because...they're "nice" guys after all. A "Nice guy" who complains about doing everything for a woman who doesn't do jack in return isn't a good person. He is someone with low self-esteem issues, attracted to a woman who has low self-esteem issues.

Men who have values are attracted to women who have values. Men who lack values are attracted to women who lack them. That's why these so called "Nice Guys" always chase after superficial women...they're not actually nice. They are superficial. There are too many attractive women with values out there to waste time chasing after foolish women.

Someone who doesn't have values themselves can't make the distinction, which is why "Nice guys" complain so often. Women do the same thing. They complain about how they are "good" women who "good" men ignore, but they only seem to be attracted to narcissistic pretty boys. They're not actually attracted to good men, but complain when they can't find them. Just like the "Nice guys" these "Good" women don't realize the reason they are attracted to shallow men is because they're shallow.